Alfa Romeo Giulia 2016

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 578 comments
This 2017 QV is currently for sale in PA. 11,500 miles for $55,000. Too bad I can't keep the plate:

43634490037.500186457.IM1.06.1000x750_A.1000x733.jpg

I love that color! Not sure if that's Rosso Alfa or not, but this is a very nice crimson style color. I adore the Giulia in red or blue. Since this is Alfa Romeo we're talking about, I am usually impartial to red as much as I am with Ferrari. I am just wondering how much more Alfa Romeo may want to expand in the United States with their latest offerings. Surely vehicles like the Giulia, Stelvio, 4C (which I have yet to see in person) are helping the cause for Alfa Romeo.

I believe it is Rosso Alfa but the colors of the photo have been altered. The background and license plate have been made black and white to enhance the car color and make it stand out more. There is a chance that they changed the red too.

I believe it is Rosso Alfa but the colors of the photo have been altered. The background and license plate have been made black and white to enhance the car color and make it stand out more. There is a chance that they changed the red too.
It looks like the contrast was boosted, just from the way the color goes a bit wonky on curved areas like the top of the trunk lid around the badge. There's a good number of these cars roaming around my area now and the ones I've seen in that color aren't that dark. It is a fantastic shade of red to see in person though.

If you click the hyperlink for the ad, the first two photos show the actual color and the last photo is the sticker/build sheet. It is Rosso Competizione Tri-Coat.

I hope FCA stick to a Giulia II, no matter how disappointing, worldwide, the sales have been for this first gen... it's undeniably a better drive than a 3 series, a better driver car. It deserves a brand new model with a bolder, more original styling.

It isn't as if the Alfa Romeo Giulia needed some bold character in its design to sell better or anything. If a re-design of this car came down to those two pictures in Post 549, it would be an absolute turn-off for one of the most gorgeous cars of late. About as much a turn-off as seeing this beautiful Alfa Romeo in that neon green like in that one "6 Underground" TV commercial.

You know, I could see the Alfa Romeo Giulia as a station wagon/estate car. Thing is, who buys wagons in this age of the crossover SUV? You're probably better off getting their Stelvio if that's the case.

You know, I could see the Alfa Romeo Giulia as a station wagon/estate car. Thing is, who buys wagons in this age of the crossover SUV? You're probably better off getting their Stelvio if that's the case.

it's a shame but its exactly why Alfa have no plans to produce a Giulia Sportwagon, even though the 156 and 159 Sportwagons were popular in their day.

Something is brewing up over on Alfa's Instagram:

Possible reveal of the GTV at 16:30 CET

Edit:
GTA and GTAm

Last edited:
So Alfa has pulled a Jag Project 8 and made a what was a good 4 door sedan worse.

Alfa Romeo Giulia SWB Zagato

alfa-romeo-giulia-swb-zagato.jpg

Following a comprehensive teaser campaign, Alfa Romeo and Zagato have taken the wraps off the Giulia SWB. As the name implies, the one-of-a-kind car started out in life as a sports sedan before its wheelbase was shortened to create a sleek two-door coupe with no back seats. The donor car was a spicy Quadrifoglio model with the V6, but the Italian coachbuilder upgraded the car to the GTAm specification while retaining the six-speed manual gearbox.

The front-end styling is a mélange of old and new since it takes inspiration from the Alfa Romeo SZ while using the latest three-point LED headlight design of the 2023 Giulia facelift. The Kammback rear design takes after the Giulia TZ while the GTAm's massive rear wing has been removed to create a cleaner appearance.

A beefy diffuser hosts double vertical fins flanking the dual exhaust tips to echo the super sedan in its "Gran Turismo Alleggerita modificata" flavor. In typical Zagato fashion, the Giulia SWB has a double bubble roof and a vented hood. Aside from removing the rear doors, the coachbuilder also got rid of the conventional handles of the front doors to declutter the side profile. There's a button mounted on the B-pillar to open the doors. Just about every body panel has been redesigned and is made from carbon fiber.

At the heart of the one-off Giulia coupe is a twin-turbo 2.9-liter V6 bumped to GTAm spec, meaning it pumps out 533 horsepower (398 kilowatts) and 600 Newton-meters (442 pound-feet) of torque. Unlike the original GTAm sold only with an eight-speed automatic, power is routed to the wheels via the Quadrifoglio's six-speed manual transmission.

If you're wondering how the car came to be, Zagato wanted to celebrate 100 years since its first collaboration with Alfa Romeo. In 2021, a century after the 1921 Tipo G1, the project was green-lighted. The Milan-based design house was then approached by a German customer with an appetite for special cars. He not only owns a SZ and an 8C Competizione but also several Zagato-penned Aston Martin models and the latest products from Alfa Romeo.

After taking part in a photo shoot at the "La Pista" circuit in Arese, the shortened Giulia Coupe will be handed over to its rightful owner. Pricing details have not been disclosed but it must've cost a fortune considering a Giulia GTAm retailed for nearly $200,000 at home in Italy.

Why do Alfa's concepts and one-offs always have those rad headlights but the last car they put into production that had a decent front end was the 159 and Brera.

Edit: Correction, the Tonale does actually have cool headlights. Pretty sure this coupe literally uses Tonale headlights. Gotta be honest, the Giulia and Stelvio have always been a bit too blobby for my taste.

Last edited:
Why do Alfa's concepts and one-offs always have those rad headlights but the last car they put into production that had a decent front end was the 159 and Brera.

Edit: Correction, the Tonale does actually have cool headlights. Pretty sure this coupe literally uses Tonale headlights. Gotta be honest, the Giulia and Stelvio have always been a bit too blobby for my taste.
The Giulia needs a Tonale-esque refresh for sure.

This Zagato...it's cool...but damn those are some whack proportions.

The Giulia needs a Tonale-esque refresh for sure.

This Zagato...it's cool...but damn those are some whack proportions.
It's got Jay Leno chin and that weird arched back that throws me off. Can't tell if it wants me to drive it or if it's trying to get away, ya know what I mean?

The Giulia has been mildly facelifted for 2023. The highlight of the exterior updates is the redesigned graphics on the full-LED Matrix headlights which mirror the ones in the Tonale and make the Giulia look young again, despite being around since 2015. The same applies to the slightly updated LED taillights, and the new pattern for the grille and bumper intakes – especially in the sporty Veloce.

See The 2023 Alfa Romeo Giulia And Stelvio Facelift In New Photos And Video

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 2.15.07 PM.png

The next generation Giulia will be an EV and the Quadrifoglio will have 1000 hp.

The Alfa Romeo Giulia will be reborn as an EV with up to 1000bhp and a range of 435 miles, the Italian firm’s CEO Jean-Philippe Imparato has confirmed.

Set to evolve from its conventional saloon shape to cover multiple segments, the new Giulia is expected to arrive around the middle of the decade, no longer offering ICE power as Alfa Romeo pushes to offer a solely EV range by 2027.

Power will start at near 345bhp, with the more powerful Veloce offering around 790bhp. A hardcore Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifolio variant is also confirmed, offering “around 1000hp” (986bhp) – almost double the 503bhp offered by today’s twin-turbocharged petrol V6 car.

As well as confirming his power ambitions for the Giulia replacement, Imparato suggested that the EV’s range will be up to 435 miles on the WLTP cycle, so owners see it as a “substitute” to their current cars, not a downgrade nor forced switch.

That figure would match the electric successor to sibling brand Peugeot’s 3008 SUV, which will use a variation of the same STLA platform.

Imparato was keen to emphasise the importance of a rapid electrification programme for Alfa. “We switch because we must,” he said. “If not, Alfa Romeo would be dead.”

Back