Alfa Romeo Giulia 2016

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 578 comments
its Useless... cant hold 5 passengers, has small 16.5 cubic ft. of cargo space, its so.... not practical.
Its rides like a GT3 car so its uncomfortable while cursing, its so Uncomfortable while driving at the limit. The only lights it see daily is these

Its So useless....../Sarcasm

Once again how is the Hellcat useful? All I see is conjecture

My local Ford* mega dealer has a red QV outside. I had to do a double take. What a beauty.

*Vopsers, which started as Ford and now also has the franchise for Nissan, Renault, Alfa, Jeep, Mazda and Fiat/Abarth, all on the same site.

Alfa Romeo Giulia Coupe Expected To Premiere At Geneva

Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-Coupe-Geneva1.jpg

I like watching these Alfa Romeo commercials. It's great for the company to get some publicity and get themselves out there. I still want to see almost any modern Alfa Romeo in person.

I saw one! It was nice to see a brand new Alfa sedan up close. White I think the styling on the front needs work (mainly the grill), I thought the back looked fine.
32048924633_c504a5a825_z.jpg

32482610260_81e3500567_z.jpg

Alfa Romeo doesn't exactly make beautiful cars, but their style is uniquely charming. They are beautiful in their own way, you can say. I am starting to look at the Giulia more like a BMW or Audi fighter. I've seen a handful of Audis and some high-end BMWs before. How would it be like if more of these Alfa Romeo Giulias are on the road more than high-end BMWs or high-end Audis? Alfa Romeo could make a HUGE splash in the American scene against the likes of BMW and Audi (and maybe also Jaguar) with this Giulia.

Wow... never thought this car would look good in blue. And as someone whose favorite color is blue, this blue is spectacular on this car! I otherwise prefer almost all Alfa Romeos in Rosso Alfa. I think we can all agree that this Alfa Romeo Giulia is tough to not be intrigued about or not to be inviting.

Does Alfa make reliable cars these days?

No one has bought an Alfa since the 70's so I actually don't know if they'd be reliable today, either. :sly:

Last edited:
Such sad trolling. People should appreciate Alfa for being driver focused. Knocking them in favour of the bland devices coming from Germany seems counter productive.

These aren't the days where a 330i was all the car a driver needed and the Alfa equivalent wouldn't see which way it went.

I prefer almost all Alfa Romeos in Rosso Alfa. However, recently on Instagram, someone had a picture of the Alfa Romeo Giulia in Blu Montecarlo Metallizato(?), and it looked beautiful! I usually love sapphire-like blue colors. This Montecarlo Blue Metallic one is a fine color for the Giulia. I don't prefer silver for this car, but Silverstone Gray Metallic is also a nice color.

I still have yet to see one of these Alfa Romeos in person. I keep seeing the commercials for the Giulia on TV. I'd be floored seeing one of these cars finally.

I drove past my local Alfa dealer the other day and nestled in between a white and a yellow 4C was a Rosso Alfa Giulia. :drool: They have the base sedan at about $45,000 MSRP with the Ti just under $50k.

I also caught in the NY Daily News that the QV was just voted best luxury performance car of 2017 too.

Carl Lewis and Kevin Hart at Milan, for the Nike Breaking2 event. Arriving in the Nurburgring record breaking Giulia.
FB_IMG_1494252651036.jpg

Hopefully it can live up to its looks.
The last modern Alfa I drove was a Mito, and I was errm, dissapointed .

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/alfa-romeo-giulia-coupe-pack-641bhp-f1-hybrid-tech

alfa_romeo_giulia_quadrifoglio_coupe_render_2018_mag_0.jpg

[rendering by autocar]

Alfa Romeo is developing a new Giulia coupé that features a Formula 1-style energy recovery system (ERS), according to Autocar’s sources.

Two powertrains are said to be under development using the system. One is based on the 276bhp 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine used in the Giulia Veloce saloon. The other uses the 2.9-litre turbo petrol V6 of the Giulia Quadrifoglio.

The 2.0 version develops around 345bhp combined, and the 2.9 V6 a mighty 641bhp to create the most potent road- going Alfa Romeo yet, with an output only 20bhp short of the 661bhp Ferrari 488.

The Giulia coupé could appear towards the end of this year and go on sale in 2019.

Rumoured in some quarters to be badged Sprint – although GTV would be historically more appropriate – the coupé is derived from the Giulia saloon

The forward set of exterior panels are likely to be carried over, but there will be a new rear roofline, different rear quarter panels and longer doors to ease access to the rear seats. Alfa will likely be keen to provide good rear-seat accommodation. Its previous GT model provided excellent accommodation for a coupé and sold better as a result. A new nose design, to distinguish the coupé from the saloon, is also likely.

The ERS may well be a development of the HY-KERS set-up developed by Ferrari and Magneti Marelli for the LaFerrari, which, the company claims, is more advanced than the type used in its F1 cars. It is performance rather than economy and emissions oriented, the electric motor’s ample low-end torque complementing the petrol engine’s torque curve, which is fatter at higher revs.

Back