Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
  • 117,210 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't be around tonight but you guys are welcome to use the lounge for practice. 👍
 
I will be there tomorrow night for Friday's race. I am hoping to get home around 9:15 or 9:30 depending on when the girl's basketball game finishes.
 
Hoping to make it Fri night, probability: ~60%

My best lap in practice was 2:05.4, but mostly 2:06/7's.

Will be my first time racing with most of you, looking forward to it, if my planets align. 👍
 
Hoping to make it Fri night, probability: ~60%

My best lap in practice was 2:05.4, but mostly 2:06/7's.

Will be my first time racing with most of you, looking forward to it, if my planets align. 👍

Not to worry. With lap times like that you can compete for the back positions with me and Diabolical :) . Actually not sure what most are running, but I did a little practice the other night and Marcus showed up with some low 2.04s :crazy: . This has been a fantastic group and the racing is always great, hope you can make it.
 
Don't be worrying about lap times - There's a lot of drafting to be done (which is always something that I need practise with!) And simply watching the faster guys in practise, you can always learn a new entry point or line through a corner.
That's what is great about this group: There's a wide range of experience levels and speed and there is always something to learn.

There's a potential turnout of 17 for tonight's race and a mere 23 for Saturday's! Wow!
We could split Saturday's into two or perhaps those who have already raced this week could nip into the spotrace lounge for some shuffle racing or other shenanigans.
 
Last edited:
Don't be worrying about lap times - There's a lot of drafting to be done (which is always something that I need practise with!) And simply watching the faster guys in practise, you can always learn a new entry point or line through a corner.
That's what is great about this group: There's a wide range of experience levels and speed and there is always something to learn.

👍 This. Watching the faster guys lines on the race replay is very informative too albeit a little late.
 
For tonight's race I'm going to leave the room restriction at 14 people but we are only going to allow 12 to race. This should help ensure people can get into the room if this is their only chance to race. Once we get over 12 people in the room I will ask for volunteer's to step out so others can try to get in. If you've already raced this week or know that you'll be racing tomorrow, be prepared to volunteer.

I'm not saying if you raced Tuesday you can't race tonight, but I know at least a few people will be more than happy to make room for other drivers if necessary. I'd much rather ask for volunteers then having to randomly select who has to sit out. I wish everyone could race but it's been pretty well documented (including our own experience Tuesday) that once the room hits more than 12 people things start to go haywire so we have to adapt.

Just wanted to give everybody a head's up so you can be prepared. When I make the announcement that the lounge is open I will repeat these instructions so everybody knows ahead of time that we will only be letting 12 race. Once we get to qualifying, if there are 14 people in the room the two that choose to sit out are more than welcome to watch the race from the lobby. If we hit 13 or 14 early in practice I'll have to ask the volunteers to actually leave the room so others can try to get in. After the race begins, anybody is welcome to join and watch if there is room for them.

I apologize in advance for any inconvenience or hard feelings this may cause but our hands are kinda tied right now with the current situation and we don't have a lot of options. Hopefully this method will be a fair way to make sure everybody gets in the room that needs to, it's not perfect but it's the best we can do right now.
 
There's a potential turnout of 17 for tonight's race and a mere 23 for Saturday's!

I won't be joining practice until at least 6:30 Pacific tonight. As I said above, even though this is my primary night I'm willing to volunteer to leave for someone who hasn't raced yet this week.

IMO, if you raced twice on Tuesday you should be the first to volunteer, but I won't put the host in a tough spot so you can sign me up for the 'kick' if needed. If I do get in the race tonight I won't attempt to join on Saturday and I'll leave that spot for someone else.

RDAardvark -- you need to extend the capture height on the driver list image on post #3... it's grown beyond it's boundaries with all the interest in the series. :sly: I think there is one guy hidden at the bottom and who knows there may be more lurking down there in the hidden "cropped dimension".
 
RDAardvark -- you need to extend the capture height on the driver list image on post #3... it's grown beyond it's boundaries with all the interest in the series. :sly: I think there is one guy hidden at the bottom and who knows there may be more lurking down there in the hidden "cropped dimension".

Thanks for the headsup on this: I'd spotted it but extended the wrong image. The elves should have the image updated in the next half hour or so (Sync takes place at 10 past the hour).
 
Last edited:
Not to worry. With lap times like that you can compete for the back positions with me and Diabolical :) . Actually not sure what most are running, but I did a little practice the other night and Marcus showed up with some low 2.04s :crazy: . This has been a fantastic group and the racing is always great, hope you can make it.

That sounds good to me. It's not so bad finishing at the bottom every week as long as there's some other guys down there with me to race with.
 
I will try and make tonight, no promises though
 
On second thought, I will be dropping this week and not participating in any races, I lack the ability to do the first turn without taking out somebody and will avoid ruining somebody's race by doing so. Hope to compete next week at a more familiar track.
 
I was hoping to make it in tonight after work, but my Liver has other plans! :lol:

I'll definitely be around for Saturday afternoon, space permitting...
 
I am now tentative, daughter's birthday party tomorrow and the wife is freaking out. I'll PM Brandon once I know my fate for sure so he can wave in one of the reserves should the worst happen.
 
Naptown25rs
I was hoping to make it in tonight after work, but my Liver has other plans! :lol:

I'll definitely be around for Saturday afternoon, space permitting...

My liver is getting fed a healthy dose of Johnnie Walker right now. :)
 
I'll try and make it tonight myself to make up for my sad showing on Tuesday but I'll gladly step aside for any Friday night primaries should that be necessary.
 
I have a feeling everyone's gonna volunteer to step out and we'll only have 3 people racing. Lol
 
Automatic podium? Sounds good to me! :lol: My probability has gone from 60 to about 90% for tonight, can't wait. Oh and I'm stone sober. :-|
 
I have a feeling everyone's gonna volunteer to step out and we'll only have 3 people racing. Lol
My plans for tonight got cancelled, so I'll come and race if there's between 3 and 11 people ;)
 
I may or not may not be around for the race. Of course, I've already run earlier in the week; so rather than jump in and wait to see if I need to leave, if there is a shortage of drivers (yeah, right. haha) let me know and I'll provide some additional competition.

I may hop in for some practice later as well, I'm a little rusty.
 
I just didn't want to cause a huge accident that would ruin many people's races & seasons. If I can get it down tomarrow, I will join the room.
 
I would just like to post I would still like to race in tonights races 👍
 
Just a heads up, I'm not gonna make it for tonight's race. I'll be on tomorrow, so hopefully there will be an open spot for me. Good luck to those racing tonight.
 
I'll be in the ORCA_champ lounge, grinding off rust.
 
I'm officially out, too much to do. Had to pull out Tuesday too last second, can't do tomorrow. So I'll take this as one of my dropped races. I'm not too disappointed as I really didn't like this race in pre season testing. Good luck gentlemen.
 
The Champ lounge is officially open for pre-race practice. Qualifying starts at 10pm EST.

14 can get in the room but due to the current stability we can only have 12 race. If we get more than 12 I will have to ask for volunteers (who have already raced this week) to sit this one out. Hopefully this is a temporary situation.


See you in Florida, America's Wang!
 
You can edit my colors to gt polorized 001 and tires are chameleon orange
 
Will be there soon.
 
9 people so far and a couple are on stand by to sit out, got room for a few more.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back