Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
  • 117,212 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
BrandonW77
See you in Florida, America's Wang!

Wanna know how I know you've been drinking? :lol:
 
Getting room full. This is my only available time this week.

\/ THANKS! I'm in.
 
I'll back out. Give it a moment and should be up grav

Edit: should be good now
 
^^ I quit, try again.
 
Good luck folks. Looking forward to the race report. dsg, wanna make a room and run some laps in a few minutes?
 
I can't get into the room guys.
 
Good luck folks. Looking forward to the race report. dsg, wanna make a room and run some laps in a few minutes?
Thanks for the invitation, already told wife it's okay to watch a movie, and PS3 is our BD player ;).

I can't get into the room guys.
Keep spamming your way in. It might work.
EDIT: thought you're getting 'room full' bug.
 
Brandon says he checked before starting the practice session. When did you send the fr?
 
Thanks for the invitation, already told wife it's okay to watch a movie, and PS3 is our BD player ;).

Very well. I hope you enjoy your evening. Perhaps another time.
 
good luck to all taking part in tonight's festivities.
 
It was fun racing with u guys, one spin will do ya there!
 
Good racing guys.

I peaked too early with a 2'04.260 pole lap and a decent first lap in the race... after that it was all downhill as far as positions go. I had great fun though and found some nice battles all over the grid. I'm continuing my tradition of one big mistake every race and finding a new place to do it each time. :lol:

See you guys next Friday. I'm away for most of next week.
 
Another strange night for me, whenever cars got close to me things felt strange and I ended up going wide or hitting the wall. Added with the fact that this track punishes the smallest mistake it made for a rather meh night. Oh well, still fun driving the Alfa. :)

Qualifying:

imagebes.jpg


Friday Race 1 Results:

imagebbs.jpg



Friday Race 2 Results:

imageebi.jpg



imageivd.jpg
 
Had a fantastic time tonight. Only regrets was getting close to Yuri. I think I messed up his rhythm causing him tragedy.

The Stock Alfa TZ2 on S3's really makes for some great racing. Excellent thing you got going here Brandon. Great group. Everything from aliens to weekend warriors. All clean and respectful.

Having raced twice this week. I won't be in for tomorrow. Now if there by chance is a shortage of racers. I'm always down to race. :)
 
Another strange night for me, whenever cars got close to me things felt strange and I ended up going wide or hitting the wall. Added with the fact that this track punishes the smallest mistake it made for a rather meh night. Oh well, still fun driving the Alfa. :)

Qualifying:

imagebes.jpg


Friday Race 1 Results:

imagebbs.jpg



Friday Race 2 Results:

imageebi.jpg



imageivd.jpg

im consistant
 
Beautiful shot on the infield. And congratulations to tonite's group.
 
^ LOL me too, finished +48sec then +44sec, I had one spin out each race that negotiated my outcome, oh well. Had some good battles the whole time though. And the second race was real fun for the first five laps in that draft pack behind the leader with 5 or so guys. I gotta watch that replay.
 
Had a fantastic time tonight. Only regrets was getting close to Yuri. I think I messed up his rhythm causing him tragedy.

The Stock Alfa TZ2 on S3's really makes for some great racing. Excellent thing you got going here Brandon. Great group. Everything from aliens to weekend warriors. All clean and respectful.

Having raced twice this week. I won't be in for tomorrow. Now if there by chance is a shortage of racers. I'm always down to race. :)

If you mean the first race Owens, no that was all me. I've struggled at the bus stop forever in this car and others and I think I finally figured it out after that little incident in the first race. I was just overdriving/oversteering it, as I'm prone to doing at times. Still was a fun race, 3 or 4 more laps and I might have caught back up. Second race was a good run, Sagar and I went back and forth several times. He's a very clean driver and it was a great battle.

Double win for the Canucks eh!!:sly:
 
Thanks Brandon & Co. for a great night of races, and an awesome series. 👍

Thanks again to Marcus for making room for me to join. :cheers:

Really glad my rear-ending of Owens on race 2, lap 1 didn't cause (many) problems. Both races I settled into a nice rhythm alone in the middle, and each race it got hectic near the end as sagarismic, and then WRP & carracer hunted me down. :scared:
 
G'day from the land of Oz.
From all the comments here I'm champing at the bit to get racing. 11 hours to go. Just sent an FR to the champ lounge today (just realised I didn't add it yet.
See you later for some fun (or Sunday driving in my case :-)
Dave
 
^ Good to see you on here Dave. I'll check the Champ account and make sure you're on there.

I've updated the points from last night and the elves have updated the OP. Can you all check and make sure they've not missed anything please?
 
RDAardvark
^ Good to see you on here Dave. I'll check the Champ account and make sure you're on there.

I've updated the points from last night and the elves have updated the OP. Can you all check and make sure they've not missed anything please?


Thanks Steve,
Seems like those elves need a union or something, you work them so hard lol.
 
Just looking at last might's qualifying times: Wrp001's second sector was about a second slower than yuri's. plus guru found another three tenths in the third sector. So even by just those two sectors, a lap in the high 2:02's is possible! Not by a mere mortal such as myself though!
 
Great racing as usual last night 👍 The first race was a bit wierd for me as my sound cut out halfway through the race, but luckily it didn't get me into any trouble.

Double win for the Canucks eh!!:sly:
:D
 
Hey guys, I'm feeling a bit under the weather today (nothing major) so I'm gonna sit today out and RDAardvark will host. Same procedure as last night, 14 can get in but we can only let 12 race so volunteers might need to step out.

Big thanks to Marcus and DSG last night for making room, very kind of you both. 👍
 
Just looking at last might's qualifying times: Wrp001's second sector was about a second slower than yuri's. plus guru found another three tenths in the third sector. So even by just those two sectors, a lap in the high 2:02's is possible! Not by a mere mortal such as myself though!

Those splits in the picture aren't from the 2'04.260 lap (lap #2), but from the "shut down" lap (lap #3) which I was still on when Brandon took the screen image (you can see the blue line is still there and I hadn't completed my 3rd hot lap yet). I basically stopped pushing after I got the 2'04.2 as I figured there was no way I was going to beat it especially as my entry into turn 1 on that final lap wasn't very good. At least I'm assuming that's where you are getting 1 second from. Would be interesting to know what an alien could do.
 
Last edited:
Just looking at last might's qualifying times: Wrp001's second sector was about a second slower than yuri's. plus guru found another three tenths in the third sector. So even by just those two sectors, a lap in the high 2:02's is possible! Not by a mere mortal such as myself though!

I could be wrong but I believe the sector times displayed above reflect the timing for the last time the sector was run by each driver, not the sector times for the fastest lap. You'd have to take the best sector time overall from each sector and add them all up to get a potential fastest time. Might still be possible to run a 2:02.xx but not sure.
 
Did Marcus and dsg sit on the sidelines and watch? if so, were any connection problems experienced?

i'll have the lounge open in about 20 mins from now. priority will be given to those who have no yet raced this week or have only raced once.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back