Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
  • 117,212 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just asking if I could drop in, with say, 3mins to the start - ONLY - if there is room?
Or would racing 3 times be considered bad? Sorry I love the car/track combo.
 
I'm looking forward to racing today!! :) Good luck to all. 👍
Also, I don't know how important it is, but I'm running stock wheels, not the Enkei's I posted before.
 
Did Marcus and dsg sit on the sidelines and watch? if so, were any connection problems experienced?

i'll have the lounge open in about 20 mins from now. priority will be given to those who have no yet raced this week or have only raced once.

No they left. I don't believe anyone stuck around to watch. There was some lag when we were really close, but it wasn't bad. Brandon had some issues though and might have been caused by the network/lag or that physics/grip bug.

Good luck today guys. I won't be racing again until next Friday.
 
Just asking if I could drop in, with say, 3mins to the start - ONLY - if there is room?
Or would racing 3 times be considered bad? Sorry I love the car/track combo.
23 drivers ran already, + 6-7 drivers with primary slot today that are yet to run = about 30 people. 48 decent racing spots. Personally, I will avoid running more than 2 times a week while weekly attendance remains high.
 
23 drivers ran already, + 6-7 drivers with primary slot today that are yet to run = about 30 people. 48 decent racing spots. Personally, I will avoid running more than 2 times a week while weekly attendance remains high.
OK, see you at GP/F then 👍
 
I'll be heading to the lounge here shortly...
 
OK, see you at GP/F then 👍
Well, if there are <10-11 people in the lounge few minutes prior to the race you're probably not hurting anyone by showing up.
 
Lounge is open! Come on down.
 
Last edited:
Sorry about that guys (not quite awake yet)
 
We've only 9 on board so far.
 
i have been reading here about the possibility on running a 2.02.xxx. i would like to think that I have the pace to run with most anybody around, and my fastest lap @ DRC is 2.03.102 and that lap was what i would like to think as perfect, but i run a DFGT and some say that other wheel/pedal combo's are a bit faster so if this is true then yes a 2.02.xxx is very much possible.
 
i have been reading here about the possibility on running a 2.02.xxx. i would like to think that I have the pace to run with most anybody around, and my fastest lap @ DRC is 2.03.102 and that lap was what i would like to think as perfect, but i run a DFGT and some say that other wheel/pedal combo's are a bit faster so if this is true then yes a 2.02.xxx is very much possible.

What were your quali lap times on Tuesday? We are talking about a short quali session where you have 3 shots at a good lap and not a WRS hot lap event where you have a week to get the perfect lap. I think in a WRS/time trial setup 2'02 is possible. However, I think it's stretching it a bit to come up with that time in 3 laps when a bad run through the bus stop will kill both that lap and the next (and stay clean).
 
What were your quali lap times on Tuesday? We are talking about a short quali session where you have 3 shots at a good lap and not a WRS hot lap event where you have a week to get the perfect lap.

it was not good, I never got in a lap that could contend for pole because i kept receiving 5 second penalty coming out of the bus stop and traffic played a role. but i have no problems running 2:03's hot laps, 2.04's race laps, 2.05's saving tires.

as i see it you do have a week or more, that's the point of practice. i see a lot of the racers spreading them self's to thin by running to many series, you can only practice so much and without practice you could find yourself looking up @ a insurmountable deficit. i understand you only get a couple of try's at that pole in qualify, but my belief is you should be prepared for the race before the race!
 
Last edited:
Sorry all, I was worried that that lag was because of too many racers so I left.
Thanks, sorry again.
 
Sorry all, I was worried that that lag was because of too many racers so I left.
Thanks, sorry again.

How many were on the track? This lag issue is becoming a real pain. I hope they had a good lag-free or at least low lag race. I also hope PD fixes this because it's never been this bad.
 
i have been reading here about the possibility on running a 2.02.xxx. i would like to think that I have the pace to run with most anybody around, and my fastest lap @ DRC is 2.03.102 and that lap was what i would like to think as perfect, but i run a DFGT and some say that other wheel/pedal combo's are a bit faster so if this is true then yes a 2.02.xxx is very much possible.

Was the 2'03.1 during a race or in free run? And how many laps on the fuel tank? I'm curious because although I've only run maybe 20 laps in free run(maybe 5-7 laps per stint max) I was only getting 2'03.9s consistently. DSG was the first and only 2'03.8 in clean air I've seen, and he had 20 laps on that tank. I'm wondering where we are missing almost a full second.
 
Last edited:
How many were on the track? This lag issue is becoming a real pain. I hope they had a good lag-free or at least low lag race. I also hope PD fixes this because it's never been this bad.
I hope they do too.
I think 11.
 
I don't think you're missing a second Marcus. I think a qualifying lap on a full tank and within an 8 minute window of 2:03.xx is about as good as it gets if you keep at least two wheels on the track. The confusion is over the combination of split times from Fridays race but those split times were not the hot laps, just the last laps ran so it's irrelevant. I can see on near empty tanks with fresh tires a 2:02.xx being possible but I'd be surprised to see it under the Alfa Cup qualifying conditions although I've been surprised before. My best without a draft was 2:04.3 but I can't figure out where I can make up an extra half second...:nervous:

I remember the lag being this bad last spring and then an update of some sort and it seemed to sort out for a while, then came back some but not as bad, and now you don't see the cars wildly flying all over the track nearly as much as you used to but it seems to affect cars enough now to affect their traction sporadically. Either way it sucks. When I was behind Brandon in the second Friday race on the first lap he was shimmying back and forth and someone beside me, Sagar I think, was shimmying sideways and bumped me on the banking. Once we sorted out, I never noticed anything with Sagar after that so it does seem to even out sometimes but apparently not for everyone. Very frustrating.
 
Last edited:
Tonight's qualifying:
imag0237.jpg


First race:
IMAG0241.jpg


Second race:
IMAG0242.jpg
 
Looks like Dan was able to break the draft in the first race... Any race reports?

Wow, Sagarasmic managed to race in all 4 races this week. Lucky Guy!
 
WRP001
Wow, Sagarasmic managed to race in all 4 races this week. Lucky Guy!

And to think I held out and only ran twice...

I'll go ahead and start the numbers game for next week... Just went and turned about 20 laps at Nurb GP/F, fastest lap was...

2:20.075

Some of you fast guys get out there so I can see how far off the pace I am! :lol:
 
And to think I held out and only ran twice...

I'll go ahead and start the numbers game for next week... Just went and turned about 20 laps at Nurb GP/F, fastest lap was...

2:20.075

Some of you fast guys get out there so I can see how far off the pace I am! :lol:

Not that I'm fast, but I'll try to get some laps in tonight and see what I can turn. I am away for a week so I only have tonight to prepare for next Friday's race. :scared:

Now that DRC is over what did you guys do for brake balance? I forgot about adjusting it and left it at 5/5. Back end seemed to get lose under braking when I was trying to brake early behind other drivers, especially ones with early brake zones. The car was solid on my own using normal racing lines, but when making adjustments or trail braking back end tended to slight out. Was that the same for all of you or would a different BB help out?
 
Got the sit-and-watch-the-map bug at the start of race 2.

Hope I didn't mess anyone up in race 1; got disoriented when I spun, and haven't yet reviewed the replay. Shame, I think I was catching Steve after passing the Marc/Chuk squad ;-)
 
Wow, Sagarasmic managed to race in all 4 races this week. Lucky Guy!
Hehe. I had no intention to run today, but when I read the thread and realized that there were only 9/10 guys racing, I couldn't resist and hopped in exactly as qualifying was about to start.
 
Last edited:
Looks like Dan was able to break the draft in the first race... Any race reports?

Wow, Sagarasmic managed to race in all 4 races this week. Lucky Guy!
I didn't do nothin'. If anything, first few laps I ran extra-cautiously since the grip was weird. Must've been people trying ambitious passes and slowing each other down. Especially at the bus stop. Sooooooo much time is lost there by both drivers if they don't go in single file.
 
Last edited:
Good job to dsgerbc and bdubclub for the wins.

I had quite a disappointing day. I had some network issues on the first race, I only saw 7 people on the track :confused: I should've known something was wrong, but I didn't say anything until the race was over and saw there were more people in the room. I started the first race good, just trailing dsgerbc at the end of the first lap. I think I had the speed from his draft to pass him before turn 1, but I decided to hold back for fear that I would overshoot the turn. Well I overshot it anyway :lol: I had a few mishaps, which dropped me towards the back. When I kept the car on the track, I think my sector times were good enough to keep up with the guys at the top, but I just couldn't avoid the occasional mishap.

After the first race, I had to leave the lounge to get it so I could see everyone on the track. Since I should've started 3rd instead of 1st, I waited a bit at the start of the second race, though I waited too long and dropped to last. I caught back up to the pack, but another mishap dropped me back again. The same as the first race, I think I had the speed to compete for a podium finish, but I just couldn't keep on the track consistently.

I'm not a big fan of Daytona Road Course, though I do like it more than I did a week ago. I'm really looking forward to next week though, since I like Nurb GP/F much better.
 
dsgerbc
I didn't do nothin'. If anything, first few laps I ran extra-cautiously since the grip was weird. Must've been people trying ambitious passes and slowing each other down. Especially at the bus stop. Sooooooo much time is lost there by both drivers if they don't go in single file.

bdub and I ran together for the first half of race 1 trying to catch you but we weren't making up much, if any, time at all... I ended up putting a wheel off in the infield and that ended that.
 
I didn't do nothin'. If anything, first few laps I ran extra-cautiously since the grip was weird. Must've been people trying ambitious passes and slowing each other down. Especially at the bus stop. Sooooooo much time is lost there by both drivers if they don't go in single file.

We seem to be on opposite race schedules Dan. Hopefully next week I can race with you at least once.
 
Quick race reports:
Both races were hectic at the start. I started in the middle both races and I was just trying to find room to breathe at the beginning. Once I found some air in Race 1, I was 4th, I think around 10 seconds behind dsg and about half that gap to bdub and CMent. I was starting to go faster and faster and was closing in on the pair, but just as I was getting close, CMent had an off, ended up right in front of me so I had some good battles with him for a few laps (though that ensured bdub got away). Last lap though, I followed him off the track in turn 1. I came off worse and since there wasn't enough time to catch up, he held on to the final podium spot.

In race 2 after clearing Mikael and getting into second spot, I was around 5 seconds behind bdub. I was driving conservatively (as Mikael and later dsg weren't too far behind) and putting down laps of 2'05.0-2'06.0 with the gap fluctuating from 4.4 to 5.6 but I could not gain on him. In the final laps, I was able to close the gap some, but that was probably dbud being ultra conservative to stay on track and seal the win. Well done bdub.

Congrats to dsg for winning Race 1 as well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back