Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
  • 117,214 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick race reports:
Both races were hectic at the start. I started in the middle both races and I was just trying to find room to breathe at the beginning. Once I found some air in Race 1, I was 4th, I think around 10 seconds behind dsg and about half that gap to bdub and CMent. I was starting to go faster and faster and was closing in on the pair, but just as I was getting close, CMent had an off, ended up right in front of me so I had some good battles with him for a few laps (though that ensured bdub got away). Last lap though, I followed him off the track in turn 1. I came off worse and since there wasn't enough time to catch up, he held on to the final podium spot.

I couldn't believe it when you ran off right behind me into turn 1 on the final lap... I thought for sure you were going to drive right by me, and I would have had no chance to catch up. I had to go back and look at the replay after the race to see what had happened, I was worried my going off might have caused your off as well. Looks like we both just outbraked ourselves... :dunce:
 
At De la Sarthe what track is it?
2005 or 2009?
chicanes will be used?
 
At De la Sarthe what track is it?
2005 or 2009?
chicanes will be used?

I hope w/chicanes or we can hammer it down and have a full on conversation over coffee before the next turn with this car. At least we'll have mics. :lol:
 
At De la Sarthe what track is it?
2005 or 2009?
chicanes will be used?

I hope w/chicanes or we can hammer it down and have a full on conversation over coffee before the next turn with this car. At least we'll have mics. :lol:

I'm 99% sure it's 2009 with chicanes.
 
^ You're correct, it's 2009 with chicanes and time change (light, dark, light).

Sounds like you guys had some good racing. Kinda contradicts all the compliaints in my inbox. We'll be having a group chat about expected driver etiquette soon, seems a few people have some things they need to brush up on.


On a happier note, look what my elves brought me today. :)

imagevxwy.jpg
 
I hope w/chicanes or we can hammer it down and have a full on conversation over coffee before the next turn with this car. At least we'll have mics. :lol:

Tops speed is about ~150MPH, that will be a long coffee break.
I could grab a short nap, all I need is a brick on the gas pedal and a pillow.


^ You're correct, it's 2009 with chicanes and time change (light, dark, light).

Sounds like you guys had some good racing. Kinda contradicts all the compliaints in my inbox. We'll be having a group chat about expected driver etiquette soon, seems a few people have some things they need to brush up on.


On a happier note, look what my elves brought me today. :)

imagevxwy.jpg

1st. I would like to say the company I raced with for the past 2 races were very clean.
Nothing outside of some light unintentional taps.

In todays race I was "hit" and I may have stuck my car in a bad place. and I'm sure lag was the problem.

2nd. Two PS3s?
 
I had one of my best days in my sim racing career, started off qualifying 2nd with a 2.05 flat, dsg was at a 204.2 so I knew I was going to have to go with him right away if I had any shot. He unfortunately had a great start and was already too far ahead to draft as soon as we hit the back straight. NCemtB and I battled for most of the race trying to catch dsg but it wasnt to be. He pulled about a 11 second lead by the time we passed the finish line.
Second race went much better, I was starting 2nd to last but got a great start. I was second after two laps and eventually caught and passed Mikael. Built my lead to about 5.5 seconds over sagaris by lap 6. Then backed it down a bit and brought it home, ending up with a 2 second lead crossing the stripe. I was really nervous that last lap, this was my first win in a series that is this competitive, my leg was shaking, I was just thinking, don't throw it away, don't throw it away. Glad I decided to race today, 2nd and 1st place is much better than the 6th and 4th I had yesterday.
 
2 PS3's + my current PS3 + the 3 monitors arriving this week = triple screen bliss! :sly:
 
Just wanna say thanks for the race today. Found myself in pole on race 2 and thought....huh? Didn't feel right, needless to say spin and crash.
I'll make sure to keep out your way next week fellas.
Good thing I enjoy cooking with the missus, cause that wooden spoon looks like its mine! Lol
Cheers again fellas
 
2 PS3's + my current PS3 + the 3 monitors arriving this week = triple screen bliss! :sly:
Can you use a triple monitor set-up in an online race?
 
Got really lucky today in race 2. Was about (by my crude visual estimate) 2.5 seconds off Sagarismic in 2nd place on the straight before the bus stop on the last lap. In a moment of madness I decided to try to cut 1-1.5 off it by going really-really fast into the bus stop in hopes of catch his draft on the home stretch. Hit the inside wall in bus stop entrance, bounced on to the grass, spun, spun again, dropped to 4th. Would've surely dropped into 8th if the guys behind didn't decide to go 3 wide through the bus stop, while rubbing each other vigorously. Even after that Chuk still should've passed me, but didn't go for it for some reason. I, too, would've been in shock after the way he went through the bus stop ;).
 
carracerptp
I would like to say the company I raced with for the past 2 races were very clean.
Nothing outside of some light unintentional taps.

It was fun racing with you yesterday for those few laps at the end. Now if we can do that again, but for the lead it will be *real* fun.
 
dsgerbc
Got really lucky today in race 2. Was about (by my crude visual estimate) 2.5 seconds off Sagarismic in 2nd place on the straight before the bus stop on the last lap. In a moment of madness I decided to try to cut 1-1.5 off it by going really-really fast into the bus stop in hopes of catch his draft on the home stretch. Hit the inside wall in bus stop entrance, bounced on to the grass, spun, spun again, dropped to 4th. Would've surely dropped into 8th if the guys behind didn't decide to go 3 wide through the bus stop, while rubbing each other vigorously. Even after that Chuk still should've passed me, but didn't go for it for some reason. I, too, would've been in shock after the way he went through the bus stop ;).

I'd have to look at the replay again to see who it was, but I'm pretty sure someone came from off track, cut the last part of the bus stop, making it 3 wide and totally drove myself and someone else into the outside wall entering the banking... Which in turn allowed them to finish well ahead of me and the other person that was taken out...
 
carracerptp
Can you use a triple monitor set-up in an online race?

Yep, works in aspec, practice, arcade, replay and online. My 2 23" 1080p monitors are due in sometime this week. Found 2 used copies of GT5 for $35 USD each. Just need a gigabit ethernet switch now.
 
Yep, works in aspec, practice, arcade, replay and online. My 2 23" 1080p monitors are due in sometime this week. Found 2 used copies of GT5 for $35 USD each. Just need a gigabit ethernet switch now.

I will have to ask you when you get it set-up, what will it do with lag?
 
I'd have to look at the replay again to see who it was, but I'm pretty sure someone came from off track, cut the last part of the bus stop, making it 3 wide and totally drove myself and someone else into the outside wall entering the banking... Which in turn allowed them to finish well ahead of me and the other person that was taken out...
I looked, IMO there was nothing intentional. And the person off track (Hydro) didn't end up there on his own either.
 
I will have to ask you when you get it set-up, what will it do with lag?
I don't know how this works exactly, but I suppose if PS3 that is already overloaded (just one theory thrown around in the 'phantom lag' thread') now also has to transmit data to two more PS3s on a local network, then bad things might happen to B and to whoever is receiving his P2P traffic through him. If that's not the right explanation of the lag with 12+ drivers, then nothing is gonna be affected other than Brandon's excitement sensors.
 
^ They all process and transmit data on their own, each one is connected to the Internet. Hopefully it will be ok, the last update supposedly had a nice improvement to multi screen stability.

My stability seems to be crap right now anyway, can't get too much worse but at least now offline play will be way better. Lol
 
Sorry to repost, but I think my question got overlooked in the excitement of today's race a few pages ago.

i have been reading here about the possibility on running a 2.02.xxx. i would like to think that I have the pace to run with most anybody around, and my fastest lap @ DRC is 2.03.102 and that lap was what i would like to think as perfect, but i run a DFGT and some say that other wheel/pedal combo's are a bit faster so if this is true then yes a 2.02.xxx is very much possible.

Was the 2'03.1 during a race or in free run? And how many laps on the fuel tank? I'm curious because although I've only run maybe 20 laps in free run(maybe 5-7 laps per stint max) I was only getting 2'03.9s consistently. DSG was the first and only 2'03.8 in clean air I've seen, and he had 20 laps on that tank. I'm wondering where we are missing almost a full second.
 
Nurb GP/F is a fun track in this car.
I'm wasting time on track but I sitting at PB of 18.0 (6 laps)
It would be a 17 something if could just get a solid lap in. 17.4 to 16s or lower with a little more time.
 
Last edited:
^ yep, just the brake spring then I put the old brake spring in the clutch. They're fantastic!
 
Last edited:
Even after that Chuk still should've passed me, but didn't go for it for some reason. I, too, would've been in shock after the way he went through the bus stop ;).

Yeah, that last bus-stop was nerve-racking! :nervous: I could have, and for points I probably should have, passed you by. But you had already passed me once and then driven away.👍
I didn't get a good idea of your speed after the bus-stop because I was checking my rear-view mirror to get out of the way of someone coming up faster, or so I thought. If I had realized the full extent of the carnage behind me, and thinking more about a points championship, I would have finished the lap stronger. :dopey:
The whole incident seemed innocent to me. Just normal last lap stuff, which is why you need to be both lucky AND good!!! No one intentionally wrecked anyone, and those of us who went through it just tried to keep going forward and hoped we didn't get hit again! :scared:
I had a great time! 👍 Thanks to those who do all the work for a great series!!! 👍👍 (Hope you're feeling better, Brandon!)
 
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Hope it's ok to post these.
 
luckylefty2gunz
^ wish i could have been in those pics

Don't take it personal. There are 35+ drivers in the series and GT5 only allows 16 on track. Would be pretty cool to see 35 cars in a pic though. Photoshop I guess.
 
^ wish i could have been in those pics

I'd love to have you, and all of us, in the picture. But since you made 51 out of 52 points already, I'm glad you weren't in the the race!:sly:
 
Is it just me?
Seems the more I drive this car, the less I like it. I do like the car, it sounds great, the cockpit view is awesome. It has a great powerband and well matched transmission. But as I get more time in it I enjoy it less. Dunno why, It might be too easy to drive.
 
Is it just me?
Seems the more I drive this car, the less I like it. I do like the car, it sounds great, the cockpit view is awesome. It has a great powerband and well matched transmission. But as I get more time in it I enjoy it less. Dunno why, It might be too easy to drive.

I have had similar thoughts. I am hoping that it is just because I hate Daytona RC so much. After my IROC race tonight, I will spend some time at Nurb...hoping for more motivation and enjoyment.

I do miss the Capps :sly:
 
Is it just me?
Seems the more I drive this car, the less I like it. I do like the car, it sounds great, the cockpit view is awesome. It has a great powerband and well matched transmission. But as I get more time in it I enjoy it less. Dunno why, It might be too easy to drive.

You'd not the only one: It is easier to drive than the Capp and so I think it shows up gaps in my driving skills!

I have had similar thoughts. I am hoping that it is just because I hate Daytona RC so much. After my IROC race tonight, I will spend some time at Nurb...hoping for more motivation and enjoyment.

I do miss the Capps :sly:

I will be happy if I never see Daytona Road again. Saturday's races were just painful for me and I was so glad to cross the finish line.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back