Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
  • 117,214 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I think I had the GT5 bug on Friday. When everyone was free running I could only pull a 2:11, but in wualifying I dropped to 2:08, but then in race by myself with no draft I hit a few consistant 2:06's. In draft I nailed a 2:04 once. Idk if my car being at 172hp or lower(can't remember exactly) had anything to do with that. The restriction is 187hp? Either it was my loss of hp from a non broken in car that I received minutes before the race or if it was me being plagued by the GT5 bug. But I do know that other series races I've been in over the week has suffered tremendously from the bug.
 
Ken full break in should yield 178hp


When playing with 600kg racers 4hp can make a time difference.
 
Why even attempt a pass there, he was clearly set up for the run out of the bus stop.
To me coming out of the bus stop was the best place to pass on the curcuit, because of the unlikeliness of getting passed back and man let me say i held back numerous times just waiting for the last lap and then made my move and it seemed to work for me at least.
 
Ken full break in should yield 178hp


When playing with 600kg racers 4hp can make a time difference.

I can back that up, this car need every HP you can squeeze out of it.
4 HP = 2 seconds more at Daytona
 
I'm ready to log in and race if any one else is ready!
On another note I woke up to a GTP warning for GRAMMAR! And will probably find myself with another for my reply! I promise to go see my English teach and get this problem fixed as soon as possible. lol
 
I'm ready to log in and race if any one else is ready!
On another note I woke up to a GTP warning for GRAMMAR! And will probably find myself with another for my reply! I promise to go see my English teach and get this problem fixed as soon as possible. lol

I'm up for a short go, ORCA Lounge?
 
I was not in the races on Saturday so I don't have access to the replay and can't really analyze the incidents.
That's easy to arrange.
I looked at the replay of race one, and I'm fairly certain that a blatant dive-bomb on the driver in P2 allowed me to break away from draft. I think we need those Cappy videos Brandon did and had in Capp Cup's OP re-posted here.
 
That's easy to arrange.
I looked at the replay of race one, and I'm fairly certain that a blatant dive-bomb on the driver in P2 allowed me to break away from draft. I think we need those Cappy videos we had in Capp Cup OP re-posted.


Yes, but from the sounds of things I don't have enough time in the week to review the numerous incidents. I knew this track would cause carnage and that's why I put it first in the schedule so we could get it out of the way early.

I'm pretty much giving everyone a pass on this one, I knew it would be bad but it wasn't as bad as I expected. What concerns me the most is that this happened when I wasn't there, hopefully this behavior didn't come about due to my absence. All hosts should be treated with the same respect you guys give me. 👍


I thought this would be a great alternative, until I saw the price...

http://www.playseat.com/shop/eu/uk/playseat-f1/playseat-rbr-1.html


You don't want anything that has a bar going between your legs, trust me. :sly:
 
You don't want anything that has a bar going between your legs, trust me. :sly:
QFT.
So much so, that I just decided to sell my stupid playseat. Gonna be out of commission for a week or two anyway since I sprained some weird tendon in my left foot this morning.
 
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=222264

Check out the Green Rig at the end of this thread. Sooooo nice. I now wanna build another. Anyone wanna buy a T500 RS Cockpit? LOL

You don't want anything that has a bar going between your legs, trust me. :sly:

QFT.
So much so, that I just decided to sell my stupid playseat. Gonna be out of commission for a week or two anyway since I sprained some weird tendon in my left foot this morning.

So what kind of rig do you guys, or anyone else in here use? Custom made or a pre-fab model? I've been kicking around the idea of getting a wheel (G27 or T500 RS) and I think I'd rather have a dedicated place to mount and use it versus just sticking it on a table and putting the pedals on the floor...
 
So what kind of rig do you guys, or anyone else in here use? Custom made or a pre-fab model? I've been kicking around the idea of getting a wheel (G27 or T500 RS) and I think I'd rather have a dedicated place to mount and use it versus just sticking it on a table and putting the pedals on the floor...

I use a custom rig but it's custom only because it didn't come off the rack. My brother bought it a few years ago and it used a seat from a boat, one of those fold down ones, a plate for the pedals you could adjust up and down as needed and an aluminum frame to hold another plate to attach the wheel to, that was adjustable back and forth, up and down and the angle as well. I swapped out the chair for a captains chair from a minivan and it's very comfortable and fully adjustable now, and even has armrests...lol. It's so comfortable I don't think I'd swap it out for anything else. I've had guys 6'5" on it and 10 year old kids so it's quite adaptable.

I would like to get a few laps in at Nurb myself tonight so I'll probably pop into the Orca Champ lounge around 7 or 8 depending on how work goes. I think I've only run it once before in the Alfa and if memory serves we were in the 1:19's so I have some work to do if 1:17's are in the mix.
 
So what kind of rig do you guys, or anyone else in here use? Custom made or a pre-fab model? I've been kicking around the idea of getting a wheel (G27 or T500 RS) and I think I'd rather have a dedicated place to mount and use it versus just sticking it on a table and putting the pedals on the floor...

I use the obutto:

http://www.mainperformancepc.com/Obutto-Gaming-Cockpit-p/ogc001.htm

Not a bad price ($379) for a really good cockpit without a center post. I don't like a support bar between the legs. I don't have the triple monitor mount [yet], but it's an easy add on. I would highly recommend it if you have the room for a dedicated cockpit.

This post has a pic and details of my setup.

I've heard "large" people have issues with the seat, but I'm 6'0" and 180lb and the seat is very comfortable. If you have a large rear bumper the seat wraps around you and may be a little uncomfortable, but I love the support.
 
So what kind of rig do you guys, or anyone else in here use?
I'm ordering Obutto as soon as I figure out whether I need Fanatec's table clamp or Obutto's acrylic tabletop. I hear there are some mounting issues with Fanatec wheels.
 
QFT.
So much so, that I just decided to sell my stupid playseat. Gonna be out of commission for a week or two anyway since I sprained some weird tendon in my left foot this morning.

I was at the Indy MotoGP race and one of the tents in the infield had an iRacing IMS demo setup using a Playseat. As soon as I sat down I knew that bar would be an issue. I'm a left foot braker and because the G27 brake pedal is right in the middle my left calf was constantly hitting and rubbing against that center bar. It was terrible. The whole thing felt very flimsy too, considering how much I had heard about them I was quite disappointed.


Sorry to hear about the foot, hope it's not "career" threatening! :nervous:

So what kind of rig do you guys, or anyone else in here use? Custom made or a pre-fab model? I've been kicking around the idea of getting a wheel (G27 or T500 RS) and I think I'd rather have a dedicated place to mount and use it versus just sticking it on a table and putting the pedals on the floor...




I built my own rig using mostly plywood, 2x4's and parts of an office chair. I designed it to fit my needs and space, and was able to keep it adaptable to different size people. it's not super fancy but turned out way better than I expected and has been going strong for over a year now.

The chair is independent of the cockpit which keeps it adjustable and easier to move around/out of the way. The office chair was too high so I took the bottom off and built my own platform that's lower. It's evolved over time, I started off just trying to make something simple that worked but kept finding ways to improve it with little tweaks and additions. Most of the stuff was very cheap or free, probably spent right at $100 total. I found a little gaming pad for the chair, it's like those massager pad but the motors respond to audio so I have a form of tactile feedback. My back/butt rumble when I go over curbs or have impact, it's pretty nice and I got it for under $40 (at the time) on amazon. Had an old set of computer 5.1 speakers so it has surround sound and a little subwoofer. :)


I used some high density foam to pad the chair to my liking and then used a seat cover from the auto store to cover it all. I'm thinking about carving the foam so it has more of a bolstered feel, would be easy to do but that stuff makes quite a mess. Little green fuzzies everywhere. Lol. It turned out to be a pretty comfy chair though, and it rumbles! :) And of course I recently built the reverse mount box for my pedals using some scrap wood from my dad's shed.


I have some pics of it, I'll upload them so you can see the monstrosity. Lol. Ya know, I'm right up the road. I'm pretty clever with this stuff and love building, I'd be happy to help you craft something on the cheap. I don't have any good tools though, I go to my parents and use his. Lol



Edit: Here ya go

imagephg.jpg


imagecea.jpg


imageguy.jpg


imageymut.jpg


imagevij.jpg
 
Last edited:
^ the beer holder is a nice touch, will a four loko can fit in it?
 
Love the pics Brandon, especially the cup/bottle holder:tup:
I went the pvc route myself following a design by some user named Simul8r (or something like that).

All one piece so your body weight anchors it down, and added some wheels under the seat to ensure it is movable when entertaining (or the missus gets annoyed with it being in the lounge room for too long, lol)
 
i have a Rseat and i'm very happy with my RS GTR Gaming seat. you can pick one up with a G27 for around $600.00 us dollars.


WWW.RSEATUSA.COM
 
I made my own out of PVC (I think 1.5"). I should probably get a pic of it, works out pretty good. The pedals (DFGT) sit on a 45 degree angle, the seat is a sport/racing seat. The seat sits on the floor flat on the back, elevated in the front, with mounting posts that sit in the PVC frame. All painted graphite grey, with carbon fiber wrap around the MDF I used for the wheel and pedal plates. Diabolical has driven it once, I think he liked it. Cost about $50 total and 5 hours of time or so. Not very adjustable, but works for me...the only user.
 
Naptown25rs
I think I'm more impressed by your craft beer selection than I am by your rig... :sly:

Torzilla
^ the beer holder is a nice touch, will a four loko can fit in it?


Seems we have our priorities right lol.

Seriously though, Brandon is it stable since not being connected to the actual seat (guessing it would have to be pretty heavy), as I had tried this when I first got my DFGT and used to throw the table around instead of just the wheel
 
I built a rig using 2" pvc cost ~$120 usd. I use a cheap but comfy chair. My wonderful wife lets me keep it in the living room so I can use the 68" mitsubishi.:)




6669888251_99f45d4a9e.jpg

6669887993_bd89b1579f.jpg
 
2hqw321.jpg
[/IMG]
CC570
I built a rig using 2" pvc cost ~$120 usd. I use a cheap but comfy chair. My wonderful wife lets me keep it in the living room so I can use the 68" mitsubishi.:)

Nice setup there. 👍

Lucky I race with you guys at 6-7 am on a Sunday morning, as it gives me time to move out the rig and keep the wife happy when she wakes up lol.

I'll try to get a pic of my purple monstrousity tonight after work

edit: got my pic up finally.
 
Last edited:
I think I'm more impressed by your craft beer selection than I am by your rig... :sly:

Those shelves are 4 deep and I have enough to almost fill another one. They're all different too. :sly:
Seems we have our priorities right lol.

Seriously though, Brandon is it stable since not being connected to the actual seat (guessing it would have to be pretty heavy), as I had tried this when I first got my DFGT and used to throw the table around instead of just the wheel


Yes, it's pretty stable. I used heavy wood and put some extra pieces around it to add weight. It could be a tad sturdier but it's very solid and never moves or wobbles on me. The floor extends out past the pedals which adds a bit of stability.

I'm about to hop in the ORCA Champ lounge for practice if anyone wants to join up.
 
BrandonW77
Those shelves are 4 deep and I have enough to almost fill another one. They're all different too. :sly:

Must have been fun filling that :cheers:

BrandonW77
Yes, it's pretty stable. I used heavy wood and put some extra pieces around it to add weight. It could be a tad sturdier but it's very solid and never moves or wobbles on me. The floor extends out past the pedals which adds a bit of stability.

I'm about to hop in the ORCA Champ lounge for practice if anyone wants to join up.

Everything could always be better (the mind of the home handyman). I wish I could practice, as I seriously need it lol. Unfortunately at work and won't get the chance.
 
hope it's not "career" threatening! :nervous:
Shouldn't be.
Tried driving with ds3 for the first time ever. Might show up for practice and work as an obstacle.
 
Shouldn't be.
Tried driving with ds3 for the first time ever. Might show up for practice and work as an obstacle.

That'll make two of us. I really need to practice more. I just hate how it's almost impossible to countersteer with the wheel without it overcorrecting.
 
Racing Rigs!!!

I've built three of them since I started wheel racing last Jan.

This one is my kids. It is completely adjustable as for pedals in and out. Wheel in and out as well up and down. Then the wheel and pedals can be remove and used as a gaming chair. I made it a lil taller cause their tv is wall mounted and lil higher too.

aa5f3989.jpg


de89b2c3.jpg




The seat I got from a friend that worked for the molding company. Went on this game.

cb0237fa.jpg



This is my first rig. G27 with inverted pedals. The wheel, pedal, and shifter placement was very relative to my real car. Measured and did best I could considering throw and size differences. seats from a SRT-4 "Viper inspired seat" it's comfy and that's what matters. LoL

74ee9d11.jpg


a5a191b5.jpg


cd92bcd2.jpg




This is my latest build. It uses the T500 RS


0b12b8e9.jpg


34fa681e.jpg


f9cbe63d.jpg


efd7dd6b.jpg



Left side exit:

033d90c0.jpg


5f067de1.jpg



Reason for using metal is I work at my fathers welding and machine shop. So materials are cheap and obviously my labor cost zero. So while these wouldn't be cheap to have made. I got very little out of pocket in them.
 
i will be there as soon as my PS3 cools down for some reason if it gets hot it won't load GT5, any other game it's good with but GT5 is stubborn. Going to Ebay now to find a fan for this PS3, hopefully that works as i have had to create three different accounts because this game has locked up on me multiple times.
 
Clickable thumbs.



Owens, great rigs...love the new one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back