Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
  • 117,214 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looked at the v2.03 link above and I am so excited. We are getting another DLC car package and it includes a 66' Beetle, a Nissan Leaf and another Mini Cooper...yay!! :crazy: Who dreams up these things? :indiff:

On the plus side a new Lamorghini Aventador, a V12 Aston Martin and Jag LM race car from the 80's. Looks like the test track from the new NSX video is also included and the screen capture indicates it'll be measuring sprint times over 400 and 1000 metres, 0-100 and 0-200 km/h times, G-Forces, and top speed. If you haven't seen it, it's a huge oval, many km's long with huge banked turns, set around a harbour of some sort. There is a discussion of it somewhere with screen shots...looks pretty cool but won't be much good except for max speed cruising and test driving.

Mini Cooper S Countryman
1966 Beetle

^^^^ I'm a huge fan of "Odd" vehicles.

As for the new track, I will hope we can go online and run NASCAR stock cars, LMPs, X1s to the redline all the way a round :D

Yes, it's changed. I was made aware that my rule was different from the vast majority of racing series and some people complained about having to adjust their driving for just this series and there was always confusion. So I just changed my rules to match the majority. As long as two pieces of rubber are on the gray part of the track or the red/white (or whatever color) rumble strips, you're legal. So two tires in the grass and two on the red/white is fine, even though I'm not real fond of it. In the absence of a curb, the white line will be used, so two tires in the grass and two on the proper side of the white line is also legal.

Good 👍
I would have had to report my laps a Daytona as I commonly put 2 tires on the grass and 2 on the curb (Like everyone else)
I would need to change my lines big time on some tracks.

EDIT: I'm still hoping there is room for me in the 10PM EST race.
 
Last edited:
Yes, it's changed. I was made aware that my rule was different from the vast majority of racing series and some people complained about having to adjust their driving for just this series and there was always confusion. So I just changed my rules to match the majority. As long as two pieces of rubber are on the gray part of the track or the red/white (or whatever color) rumble strips, you're legal. So two tires in the grass and two on the red/white is fine, even though I'm not real fond of it. In the absence of a curb, the white line will be used, so two tires in the grass and two on the proper side of the white line is also legal.

Sounds good to me, I was just stuck in the ole' capp cup days. I'll adjust from here on out. Thanks.
 
Good 👍
I would have had to report my laps a Daytona as I commonly put 2 tires on the grass and 2 on the curb (Like everyone else)
I would need to change my lines big time on some tracks.

That's exactly why I changed it, I didn't realize I was using different rules than most other leagues.
 
Well, and I hope he doesn't mind me saying this, but WRP001 told me that he was quite surprised at the speed and skill of our drivers. Everyone talks about how slow and bad they are, so he was expecting as such. But after a few races he said he was surprised/impressed and that a lot of you guys are D2 quality drivers or better. He's one of the people in charge of the WRS so he knows what he's talking about. 👍

I think the few really fast guys skew the results a little bit and make a lot of us feel "inferior". But I personally have seen a great improvement in both myself and a lot of other people, in part due to running with and watching the fast guys. So don't be so hard on yourselves and always be proud that you are one of the cleanest and most respectful bunch of racers on GTP, and to me that's much more important than being the fastest. In fact, even though I was at the back of the pack in both races last night I had some incredibly thrilling battles with NCemtB and Torzilla so I still had a great time.

I am always at least 1-2 seconds off the pace of the fast guys too, and I've just accepted that they know something about GT5/driving that I don't so I don't beat myself up about it and just try to have fun wherever I am in the pack. Maybe one day I'll figure it out, maybe I won't, but I know I'll always have a good time. 👍

Who says we are slow and bad?? I run in quite a few series, and this group may not have the "best of the best", but I wouldn't rank it as a "slow series".
 
2009, with chicanes. We will also be doing a time change, the race will start in the light, get dark for a few laps and then finish in the light again. So practice racing at night! :sly:

Rain too, right? It always rains at Le Mans! :)
It started raining as dawn was breaking as I tested. Awesome.
 
I was supprised when WRP001 mentioned we had a lot of D2s running. I have to come to terms with being 1-2 secs down is actually okay.

Watching the replays is how I used to improve so much from Tuesday to Friday. I'd race Tue, last. Then Friday be middle pack. I need Yuri to get in some test races tomorrow or Thursday so I can get the replays.
 
Who says we are slow and bad?? I run in quite a few series, and this group may not have the "best of the best", but I wouldn't rank it as a "slow series".

Only the members themselves, and only when referring to themselves. Like Menown above commenting on how slow and terrible he was, but that's actually quite far from the truth. It's been a trend through the Capp Cup and this series, we don't have people that brag about being fast but we do have lots of people brag about being slow and fighting for last place. We don't take ourselves too seriously around here, and we can be a bit self-depricating. :)

Rain too, right? It always rains at Le Mans! :)
It started raining as dawn was breaking as I tested. Awesome.

No rain, that would just be cruel and evil of me. :sly:
 
BrandonW77
^ Sometimes I think English isn't your first language. :lol:

Got two excuses

1: iPhone

2: it was late and I didn't proof read. LoL
 
Got two excuses

1: iPhone

2: it was late and I didn't proof read. LoL


Yeah, it's always pretty obvious when you're on the iPhone. Mine does that a lot too but I usually catch them and fix them. I've learned to be pretty fluent in Owensese over the last year though, I can usually figure them out. :lol:
 
Who says we are slow and bad?? I run in quite a few series, and this group may not have the "best of the best", but I wouldn't rank it as a "slow series".

FYI. Nobody ever told me the drivers in this series were "slow" or "bad". Everything else Brandon said was accurate, but I wouldn't have joined the league in the first place if "slow" and "bad" was my expectation. What I was told was that they were "middle-of-the-pack" speed wise, but clean and a great group of guys. I can tell you from my experience from two races in week #1 is that there are a full spectrum of drivers including some very fast guys that could compete for wins in most series.
 
FYI. Nobody ever told me the drivers in this series were "slow" or "bad". Everything else Brandon said was accurate, but I wouldn't have joined the league in the first place if "slow" and "bad" was my expectation. What I was told was that they were "middle-of-the-pack" speed wise, but clean and a great group of guys. I can tell you from my experience from two races in week #1 is that there are a full spectrum of drivers including some very fast guys that could compete for wins in most series.


Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you thought we were a slow group or anything like that. A lot of us talk about ourselves being slow and fighting for last place, jokingly, so it can sometimes give that appearance. I was just trying to encourage the people who really think they are slow but are actually quality drivers.

I do think our group, as a whole, puts clean and respectful driving slightly higher than being fastest on track and I think that's a good thing. The great thing is that it happens naturally, in 4 season of being a director I've really only given out 1 or 2 penalties so it's not because I rule with an iron fist or anything. Sure, I could easily give out more penalties since there are plenty of offenses that would call for them, but I think they can cause as much harm as good most of the time. We're all here for fun, competitive racing and we know that clean racing is the best way to achieve that so everyone does their best to be courteous.

WRP, I was simply using your comment to me as an example of a new member that has lots of experience with online racing complimenting our group. My chest puffed up with a little pride when you told me that and I thought it would be nice for everyone to know. Although I still encourage the slow jokes and any self-deprecating humor. :dunce:
 
With all these comments about online issues, let me be the first to say - I'm not going anywhere!
As everyone has reiterated the point, the racing is clean, the drivers are friendly and the car is super sexy.
And just remember fellas that wooden spoon is mine cause I talk the talk lol.
Dave
 
Yeah, what Dave said!! 👍
This is a great group of racers and I intend to race here as long as I can! However, I wish MY comments about MY speed were jokes! When I say I'm slow, it's the truth! :dopey:
 
Yeah, what Dave said!! 👍
This is a great group of racers and I intend to race here as long as I can! However, I wish MY comments about MY speed were jokes! When I say I'm slow, it's the truth! :dopey:

Well your sig says Div 2 Bronze, I'd say that's above average! 👍
 
See what you've started Brandon?
Cue lots more posts stating "I'm slower than you are." :)
 
Last edited:
FYI. Nobody ever told me the drivers in this series were "slow" or "bad". Everything else Brandon said was accurate, but I wouldn't have joined the league in the first place if "slow" and "bad" was my expectation. What I was told was that they were "middle-of-the-pack" speed wise, but clean and a great group of guys. I can tell you from my experience from two races in week #1 is that there are a full spectrum of drivers including some very fast guys that could compete for wins in most series.
Sorry, I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, just was curious as I believe pretty much everyone on GTPlanet has some serious skill. As with all Motorsports, the best of the best make a really good driver look slow. I have to say though, I was (and still am in some series) a backmarker until I started racing GTP. My speed has increased dramatically, I learned where I was losing time and corrected some things in my driving style. Now when I go into the online lobbies I am pretty much always the fastest guy in the room. So whenever I'm feeling down on myself, I like to go there and whoop up on some randoms. 👍

Still can't believe WRP said we were all slow and bad drivers. :sly: ......... I kid I kid.
 
^^^

People are gonna start fighting over who is the slowest... :dopey:
 
I'm probably one of the slowest guys, but I do okay in the races by staying on the track for the whole race and keeping it pointed in the right direction, I got a 5th and a 4th place finish last season and I was constantly 2+ seconds off pole.

Brandon's sig says it all "It is not always possible to be the best, but it is always possible to improve your own performance." - Jackie Stewart
 
I'm probably one of the slowest guys, but I do okay in the races by staying on the track for the whole race and keeping it pointed in the right direction, I got a 5th and a 4th place finish last season and I was constantly 2+ seconds off pole.

Brandon's sig says it all "It is not always possible to be the best, but it is always possible to improve your own performance." - Jackie Stewart

Your first point is something that has been slowly dawning on me. Consistency first, then speed will come.
 
^^^

People are gonna start fighting over who is the slowest... :dopey:

I would try to put up a fight for myself to claim that title, but I had to go and screw that up by qualifying for D2 Silver :eek: I think that when I can really put in the time and practice, I have the speed to compete with even the faster non-aliens, but I need to make major improvements in consistency, especially in race situations.
 
Still can't believe WRP said we were all slow and bad drivers. :sly: ......... I kid I kid.

He never said that!! :lol: He heard everybody hear comment on how they're slow and was surprised to see it really wasn't the case. He just took us too seriously!

(Sorry WRP, didn't mean to throw you to the wolves!!)

Brandon's sig says it all "It is not always possible to be the best, but it is always possible to improve your own performance." - Jackie Stewart


That quote summed up my opinion on things perfectly and I thought it fit our group pretty well. We aren't the fastest drivers on GTP, but we get better and better every season and always run clean, that's what's important. 👍
 
I would try to put up a fight for myself to claim that title, but I had to go and screw that up by qualifying for D2 Silver :eek: I think that when I can really put in the time and practice, I have the speed to compete with even the faster non-aliens, but I need to make major improvements in consistency, especially in race situations.

I am with Josh on this one. I have been with this group since last Capp season and now with the Alfas. I found as the Capp season went on I was getting better (especially when some Aliens helped me tune a bit). By the end of the season I was in contention for a win (and choked), and followed up the next day with another chance for a win, ended with a podium. There is a huge difference between WRS division standings and race performance. I can lay down a wicked time with some committed practice. But doing so in a time trial type event there is no risk involved. If you blow it, hit restart. In a race you are looking at ruining your night along with several other drivers. This is where I need continual work and practice...in race format. I chuckled a little when I was placed in the same Division 2 Silver as dsg. He is miles ahead of me with his race craft and consistency. The greatest part of this group and what keeps me coming back is that the aliens like dsg, yuri, owens, and the rest of you wackos is that you are always willing to work with drivers like myself in hopes of creating better competition. I have always felt at home with this group and have much respect for all competitors...both the alien group up front, and the second class folks like me fighting to not be dead last :sly:.
 
@Brandon, that was meant to be sarcastic. ..... I know he never said that, for the record.
 
^ I know, just wanted to be sure everyone was clear. :)
 
I've raced online quite a bit since I got this game a year ago in all types of cars from 450 pp to FGT and F1 and everything in between. I've won more than my share of races and consider myself a pretty good driver. Come over to the Capp Cup for three seasons and all of a sudden I'm an also ran...:nervous:. I've won a couple of races but mostly I'm fighting it out for 3-5th, behind Wardez, Brosif, iForce, DSG, WiiFreak, Owens, Lancer and a few others. I'd stack them as a group up against any other group of drivers in any series and bet on it too. This season with the addition of Sagar, Carracer, WRP, Marcus, Lefty, Bdub stepping up his game and several more great drivers, it's more competitive than ever.

The overall speed of drivers here is excellent but the courteousness and consideration of the drivers is exceptional and that's what keeps me coming back.
 
The overall speed of drivers here is excellent but the courteousness and consideration of the drivers is exceptional and that's what keeps me coming back.

👍 +1!
 
Ok, enough patting ourselves on the back. How about that Nürburgring? :lol:
 
BrandonW77
Ok, enough patting ourselves on the back. How about that Nürburgring? :lol:

I'm the slowest guy there! :dopey:
 
You can't be the slowest because I know what the back of your car looks like. I'm the slowest!

Has anyone seen then GT player Strike, any chance we can get them to strike on Friday at 10 EST and again on Saturday for that race too :)
 
Last edited:
Menown
You can't be the slowest because I know what the back of your car looks like. I'm the slowest!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back