Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
  • 117,210 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lap 1, turn 1 is going to be crazy no matter what, we saw that last night. Should be interesting though.
 
Lap 1, turn 1 is going to be crazy no matter what, we saw that last night. Should be interesting though.

Perhaps we should make it a rule that whoever is the first through the first corner on the first lap has to buy the rest of the field a pint. :cheers:
 
TrackBound7
Lap 1, turn 1 is going to be crazy no matter what, we saw that last night. Should be interesting though.

Maybe this could be the only time cutting the rumble strips is over looked. That will widen the track a bunch! Should help the funnel effect some.
 
OwensRacing
Maybe this could be the only time cutting the rumble strips is over looked. That will widen the track a bunch! Should help the funnel effect some.

I'm not going to penalize anyone for cutting chicanes to avoid contact or crashes. First turn, first lap is kind of make-it-up-as-you-go, especially on this track, and there will be creative lines taken through it. It's a good learning experience and good practice. I just don't want to see anyone intentionally and repeatedly cutting the chicanes to gain an advantage.
 
BrandonW77
I'm not going to penalize anyone for cutting chicanes to avoid contact or crashes. First turn, first lap is kind of make-it-up-as-you-go, especially on this track, and there will be creative lines taken through it. It's a good learning experience and good practice. I just don't want to see anyone intentionally and repeatedly cutting the chicanes to gain an advantage.

With our residents Aliens rolling out fast laps. You will know if anyone is running abnormally fastest lap(s)

Honestly don't see anyone here cutting repeatedly for time gain.
 
^ It's not generally a problem so I normally don't worry about it too much. People will let me know if somebody is doing something wrong, don't worry. In reality, if we watch any replay from everyone's point of view I'm sure each and every one of us cuts a corner too much once or twice, and I don't want to DQ all of us. :lol: I know you guys are all here because you want clean racing so I know you'll do your best to accomplish that. 👍
 
I remember the "fun" event at a while back at Monza with the Cappy cause a few people to act butt-hurt for a few days. I hope we don't have to go through that again.

Looks like I'll make it tonight afterall. It has been too long.
 
I remember the "fun" event at a while back at Monza with the Cappy cause a few people to act butt-hurt for a few days. I hope we don't have to go through that again.

Looks like I'll make it tonight afterall. It has been too long.

Sadly, that was when I didn't have internet :( Care to elaborate?
 
I'm not going to penalize anyone for cutting chicanes to avoid contact or crashes. First turn, first lap is kind of make-it-up-as-you-go, especially on this track, and there will be creative lines taken through it. It's a good learning experience and good practice. I just don't want to see anyone intentionally and repeatedly cutting the chicanes to gain an advantage.

Not to worry, I never cut turns or chicanes the same from lap to lap...that would mean being consistent :)
 
I'm headed out to Monza for some practice, feel free to join. (Beware: Owens is here!)
 
I'd rather not Lancer, I don't even remember names as I was new, I just remember both races had incidents and people got upset. As it was fun there was no chicane and cutting on the green (but not grass was allowed) at those speeds with the cappy and old physics, it got messy.
 
Tons of good fun tonight, but clean and otherwise. Some great racing and lots of laughs. Owens has a secret weapon move...if he can keep the car straight and doesn't get pushed in the sand afterwards ;)
 
TrackBound7
Tons of good fun tonight, but clean and otherwise. Some great racing and lots of laughs. Owens has a secret weapon move...if he can keep the car straight and doesn't get pushed in the sand afterwards ;)

Proud to say my youngest boy taught me that move. LoL
 
The sound commentary during that last race was great. Got me laughing so hard I crashed. Then Dsg crashed into me while I was off the track. :lol:

My last lap during the last race was good though: 2'08.363, completely clean, new personal best. Mediocre first lesmo and Ascari could be done better, so there's still a bit of time for me to find but not much. After everyone left, I did a 2'08.7 first lap out, just to prove to myself it wasn't a fluke. Don't think I can run a 2'04 like Dsg though. :scared:
 
SagarisGTB
Don't think I can run a 2'04 like Dsg though. :scared:

I'm pretty sure you'd get disqualified if you did. :yuck: I don't think that time can be done legally.

:lol:
 
Yeah, I'm pretty sure running a 38-second middle sector would give it all away. :sly:

I'm guessing the top guys will run 2'07s in quali. I would be surprised to see 2'06s without a lot of drafting/bumping.
 
I ran about 10 laps between two sessions the other night, and 2'08.1s were all I got down to. It was a consistently repeatable and easily achieved pace, however, I was not able to make it down into the 2'07s with my time on the course. I am usually far from stepping the boundaries, so with some more aggressive curb use I could see 2'07s. I don't see legal 2'06s happening in a qualifying setting.
 
I'm pretty pleased to read that my laptimes will be competitive. Of course, everything changes in the race but hopefully it won't be a case of 'Hello wall'.

Now, you have me really intrigued as to what "special move" Owens' kids have been teaching him.:nervous:
 
I'm pretty pleased to read that my laptimes will be competitive. Of course, everything changes in the race but hopefully it won't be a case of 'Hello wall'.

Now, you have me really intrigued as to what "special move" Owens' kids have been teaching him.:nervous:

My times on my own were pretty consistent low 10's, with some mid and high 9s. Last night with dsg, Owens, Brandon, WRP, Sag, Torzilla, and Freaky, I was competitive. The draft and your position are important and a big factor in this track. I am predicting the majority of the pack running close with 2 or 3 aliens running away with it (although that turn 1 can be a game changer on the first lap).
 
RDAardvark
Now, you have me really intrigued as to what "special move" Owens' kids have been teaching him.:nervous:

Straight-lining the second chicane, including the grass. It wasn't all that successful though, resulted in lots of tank slapping. :)
 
Off topic. VCRC (vintage car race club)is holding a mini enduro on Wednesday Feb 1st at 7pm GMT. More info HERE.
 
Off topic. VCRC (vintage car race club)is holding a mini enduro on Wednesday Feb 1st at 7pm GMT. More info HERE.


Man, I've been wanting to race those specific cars for some time now! Wish I could participate but I'm busy on Wednesday evenings. Sadly, I've also kinda had to give up custom courses because they only display on one of my 7" monitors and having just one feels very claustrophobic. :nervous:

I am planning on running in the 240z races on Sunday though, that's another car I've wanted to race but haven't had the chance to. 👍
 
Man, I've been wanting to race those specific cars for some time now! Wish I could participate but I'm busy on Wednesday evenings. Sadly, I've also kinda had to give up custom courses because they only display on one of my 7" monitors and having just one feels very claustrophobic. :nervous:

I am planning on running in the 240z races on Sunday though, that's another car I've wanted to race but haven't had the chance to. 👍

It'll be wednesday afternoon for you, 7pm GMT=2pm BrandonStandardTime?

Custom courses only display on one of your five 7" screens? How does that work? Are the other ps3's logged in to PSN? Is it that your master ps3 doesn't share the track data with the others?
 
It'll be wednesday afternoon for you, 7pm GMT=2pm BrandonStandardTime?

Custom courses only display on one of your five 7" screens? How does that work? Are the other ps3's logged in to PSN? Is it that your master ps3 doesn't share the track data with the others?


Well, I'll still be at work then. :P

As for the custom courses/triple monitors, I guess it just doesn't generate the side views. The client PS3's aren't logged into PSN and don't even have accounts, they just receive data from the server PS3. Must be something to do with how those courses are generated or something, I had read about this before I got setup and have since confirmed it. The side screens just have the GT logo showing for custom courses, the center screen works fine but it's so much smaller than I'm used to that it's hard to adapt to.
 
Now, now. Somewhere there is a tiny violin playing for you.

Almost missed this classic from last night's posts:
Not to worry, I never cut turns or chicanes the same from lap to lap...that would mean being consistent :)

:lol: I laughed out loud at this and got funny looks from my fellow train passengers. Thanks for that TrackBound! 👍
 
RDAardvark
I'm pretty pleased to read that my laptimes will be competitive. Of course, everything changes in the race but hopefully it won't be a case of 'Hello wall'.

Now, you have me really intrigued as to what "special move" Owens' kids have been teaching him.:nervous:

BrandonW77
Straight-lining the second chicane, including the grass. It wasn't all that successful though, resulted in lots of tank slapping. :)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTdKQm9VKEk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This video will teach you the ways of the Glitch Masters. LOL

Do note this move may result in ejection of the series. Shunning by the entire community. As well it's known to cause cancer in lab rats.

Use at your own risk.
 
^ Yes, that kind of driving will get you blacklisted!

I think we all did pretty good last night as far as keeping it on the track, most of the time at least. I'm as guilty as anyone of cutting it a bit too sharp now and then but nothing as extreme as the above video. As long as we all do our best to keep it as close to legal as possible, we'll be good. 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back