Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
  • 117,218 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
dsgerbc seemed proud of his insta-spin this week so I captured it for him:


I remember Danny Sullivan pulling off a similar move at Indy one year a long time ago.
 
dsgerbc seemed proud of his insta-spin this week so I captured it for him:
Proud of that I am not. But I think it's a worthy highlight to check out for anyone watching the replay. So thanks for doing that, even though it highlights my crappy driving ;)
 
dsgerbc
Proud of that I am not. But I think it's a worthy highlight to check out for anyone watching the replay. So thanks for doing that, even though it highlights my crappy driving ;)

I thought it was a pretty sick save. Showing good driving skills under pressure. ;). 2D game. Can't expect people not to miss a mark here and there.
 
Sick replay dsg. Nice save for sure.
 
To get the GT5 feel while driving your real car. Cover one eye. ;) you lose depth perception and it's pretty much same concept.
 
To get the GT5 feel while driving your real car. Cover one eye. ;) you lose depth perception and it's pretty much same concept.

And inject a local anaesthetic into your G-force sensing units.

Totally the same :D
 
Ealirendur
And inject a local anaesthetic into your G-force sensing units.

Totally the same :D

So maybe just maybe driving drunk on GT5 would honestly feel realistic to the drunk driver?

;)
 
Too bad I dont drink, I bet a drunk race would be fun for all (would have to get rid of some OLR rules though ;)
 
So maybe just maybe driving drunk on GT5 would honestly feel realistic to the drunk driver?

;)

Nearly, but you really need a totally numb sit-upon.

Being half-cut would help, but it might interfere with the local, so testing is clearly needed! FOR SCIENCE!

I'll be part of the control group that only gets inebriated.

To be clear:

1. Eyepatch
2. Drunk, and numb posterior
3. ????
4. Profit!

Anyone who saw my last race Sunday (meaning Saturday) would assume I already tested this >_> <_<
 
OwensRacing
To get the GT5 feel while driving your real car. Cover one eye. ;) you lose depth perception and it's pretty much same concept.

Hmmmmm........I used to have this problem but it seemed to go away about a month ago. :nervous:
 
So, anybody up for some practice races tonight or tomorrow? I think some practice with traffic at Monaco will do a world of good for the less experienced drivers such as myself.
 
SagarisGTB
So, anybody up for some practice races tonight or tomorrow? I think some practice with traffic at Monaco will do a world of good for the less experienced drivers such as myself.

I'm off work tomorrow, should be free to practice anytime...
 
dsgerbc seemed proud of his insta-spin this week so I captured it for him:


Great save dsg 👍

So, anybody up for some practice races tonight or tomorrow? I think some practice with traffic at Monaco will do a world of good for the less experienced drivers such as myself.
I will need some pace to keep up, so I'm all for more practice.
 
Edit.

Race over. Thanks to all that made it.
 
Last edited:
Congrats to Team ORCA in the form of Trackbound, Ncemt, Brandon, and myself on our 1,4,5,6 showing in the VCRC Tournament #2 today in the spec 240Z. Some great clean racing and a fun car to drive on Comfort Softs. 6 top 4 finishes in 3 races!!

I did a few laps at Monaco today in my own lounge. 47's are definitely possible...:sly:
 
Last edited:
I swapped some pots (technically, hall-effect sensors), so now I should have normal range of useful gas pedal travel. So I'm up for some practice @Monaco either tonight or tomorrow.
 
Congrats to Team ORCA in the form of Trackbound, Ncemt, Brandon, and myself on our 1,4,5,6 showing in the VCRC Tournament #2 today in the spec 240Z. Some great clean racing and a fun car to drive on Comfort Softs.

I did a few laps at Monaco today in my own lounge. 47's are definitely possible...:sly:

Are we all in the same car? :lol:
I'm going to be practicing later tonight.
 
Congrats to Team ORCA in the form of Trackbound, Ncemt, Brandon, and myself on our 1,4,5,6 showing in the VCRC Tournament #2 today in the spec 240Z. Some great clean racing and a fun car to drive on Comfort Softs. 6 top 4 finishes in 3 races!!

I did a few laps at Monaco today in my own lounge. 47's are definitely possible...:sly:

Team ORCA had a solid showing. I dont think the results showed just how strong we were. I should have been on the podium for the day if it wasn't for a dumb bonzi move on the last turn, last lap, last track. Cost me a spot which ended up dropping me to 4th. Some great, fun racing though, and proud to be part of this "team"...way to go Yuri and the rest of the guys today.
 
^ Yeah, I almost won the first race and was going strong in the third race until I got spun in a racing incident. Still managed to claw back a few spots though. Fun car, good drivers.
 
There is two of us in the ORCA Champ room.


Edit now three
 
OwensRacing
There is two of us the ORCA Champ room.

I might show up soon and get my drunk driving on, no promises though... :lol:
 
Naptown25rs
I might show up soon and get my drunk driving on, no promises though... :lol:

Now Four. ;) come on
 
Are we all in the same car? :lol:
I'm going to be practicing later tonight.

It's possible I left tire wear off, not that I've ever done that...:banghead: but I don't think so. I'll be around for practice tomorrow night if it happens and see if I can repeat some 48's...:nervous:
 
The new york football giants win the superbowl, gooooo bluuuuuuueeee
 
see if I can repeat some 48's...:nervous:
Gonna have to be doing some 47s.

Carracerptp did a 47.4 I think, and judging by the fact that I was up on his time at T1/T2 few time, before kissing the wall or otherwise screwing up, low 47s should be doable. With warm tires - high 46 should be feasible.
 
It's possible I left tire wear off, not that I've ever done that...:banghead: but I don't think so. I'll be around for practice tomorrow night if it happens and see if I can repeat some 48's...:nervous:
I needed a full car refresh (Oil, engine, chassis). After that I was in the low 47s and 48s, best 1,000,000 cr. I'v spent.
Gonna have to be doing some 47s.

Carracerptp did a 47.4 I think, and judging by the fact that I was up on his time at T1/T2 few time, before kissing the wall or otherwise screwing up, low 47s should be doable. With warm tires - high 46 should be feasible.
I did some more laps and got a clean 46.9 on lap 3 (I could get 0.1 more in T3). I'm running high 47s on avg now.
 
So I show up to this Vintage Car race yesterday, put in an incredibly strong performance in the first race with a strong qualifying spot and finishing only .3 seconds behind first place (could have won it but we rubbed a bit on the last lap and didn't want to appear I was shoving my way by). Another strong showing in the third race, running right up at the front until getting spun so I felt like I had a chance for another podium finish. Feeling quite good about my racing.......


.........and then I come in here to see you guys are doing Monaco laps that are 3-4 seconds faster than mine. Y'all are real party poopers, you know that?? :yuck:





:lol:
 
Don't worry Brandon. I'll keep you company at the back.

The vintage car race looks really good, it's just at the wrong time for me. 5pm is dinner time on a Sunday.

I still can't find anything official about this update tomorrow. There are a load of videos on YouTube showing the GTPlanet News page and spouting unfounded remarks about fixes for online play. I cannot even find a translations of Kaz's tweets. Japanese anyone?
 
I needed a full car refresh (Oil, engine, chassis). After that I was in the low 47s and 48s, best 1,000,000 cr. I'v spent.

I did some more laps and got a clean 46.9 on lap 3 (I could get 0.1 more in T3). I'm running high 47s on avg now.

See I told you it was possible. :sly:

I watched the replay of that race at Tsukuba Brandon. You and Track both were on pace with ID. I've raced him before and he's very fast and consistent and tough to get by. That you were both able to keep pace with him is a credit to both of you. If Track hadn't lit it up coming out of the second hairpin, you might have teamed up to pressure him into a mistake or push one of you by into the lead. It's such a challenge driving these cars because you have to be real careful especially with the throttle, unlike higher powered cars with RS tires where you can just hammer it almost anywhere.
 
Last edited:
Faster than me......
I think I was a 50.6...

You'll be at 47.X by race day... Wanna bet? You're sandbagging, but you won't fool me. :sly:

Don't encourage him!! :yuck: lol

I needed a full car refresh (Oil, engine, chassis). After that I was in the low 47s and 48s, best 1,000,000 cr. I'v spent.

I did some more laps and got a clean 46.9 on lap 3 (I could get 0.1 more in T3). I'm running high 47s on avg now.

See I told you it was possible. :sly:

Did an engine and chassis rebuild really make three seconds of a difference, or where you sandbagging? :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back