Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
  • 117,218 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
TrackBound7
Knock on wood I have never had the problem of no tire noise. Hope I dont start now.

Same here. Knocked on wood too.
 
I've lost tire noise more times than I can count. I think the first time was in Capp Cup season 3. It really does screw with your senses, you don't realize how much we depend on that input until it's gone.
 
The ORCA Champ lounge is open for pre-race practice. Qualifying will start at 8pm EST with 14 drivers max. From the sounds of it, be prepared to manually stage the grid if/when the qualifying order goes awry.

* closed*
 
Last edited:
I lost tire noise once in CTSCC, it wasn't a problem for me. Once in the Golf Cup race at Laguna, the music that plays when the race start timer hits 15 seconds looped for the entire race instead of my background music. That was annoying.
 
From the sounds of it, be prepared to manually stage the grid if/when the qualifying order goes awry.

Sorry I couldn't stick around until the qualifying order got fixed, it was just going to be too late by the time we finished for me.

I'd say some testing is in order, haha, or just one person to follow orders:dunce:

Something I saw is that when we started the race the first time I was in 2nd and I believe I was the 2nd person to enter the course after returning to the lounge after qualifying, coincidentally though I think I was also in the 2nd box. I'm wondering if just starting the race from the lounge would solve anything, or just avoiding it all-together, the lounge I mean, not GT5 haha.

I hope tonight's race went well, bummed I missed it.
 
Sorry I couldn't stick around until the qualifying order got fixed, it was just going to be too late by the time we finished for me.

I'd say some testing is in order, haha, or just one person to follow orders:dunce:

Something I saw is that when we started the race the first time I was in 2nd and I believe I was the 2nd person to enter the course after returning to the lounge after qualifying, coincidentally though I think I was also in the 2nd box. I'm wondering if just starting the race from the lounge would solve anything, or just avoiding it all-together, the lounge I mean, not GT5 haha.

I hope tonight's race went well, bummed I missed it.

We tested staying on track today (all drivers) in the WRS and it worked fine. Reset track, qualify, everybody park and stay on track, start the timer. Quick too. Of course if one guy enters pits or exits to the lobby all bets are off.
 
Well that was different :yuck:
Grid messed up: check
No grip: check
Lag: check

In race 1 I cut the chicane (again). I'm sorry I kept going, I wasn't thinking. I did however get my head back, and let Owens and Dsg catch back up on the next lap.
The only highlight I could think of was the race with Owens at the end.

Race 2 was best described as "last man standing"

Brandon, on my screen you hit the wall then you "lag" back on track, I'm sure I could stop in time. I'm sorry I was following so close when I knew lag was in thee room.

Dsg did a great job running away from the fray.
The best part I could think of was racing Owens at the end....
 
^ that's what we'll have to do from now on because it's officially broken. I could see people's times in the monitor and they started disappearing until mine was the only one left, everyone else just showed -:--.-- as their time. And it started me on pole. Not good, it actually finally worked right and now it's really broken. They keep making it harder and harder to run a league.


Tuesday Race 1 Results:

imagegaj.jpg



Tuesday Race 2 Results:

imagelbe.jpg
 
^ that's what we'll have to do from now on because it's officially broken. I could see people's times in the monitor and they started disappearing until mine was the only one left, everyone else just showed -:--.-- as their time. And it started me on pole. Not good, it actually finally worked right and now it's really broken. They keep making it harder and harder to run a league.
The times started "disappearing" when people started going back into the pits from the lounge, until only mine and yours were left. When I entered the track, you said mine disappeared as well. I quickly concluded that a person's lap times are reset when they reenter the track from the lounge. So to get a proper grid, everyone should remain on track after qualifying is done and not leave the track. I'm assuming that would provide a proper grid. Problem is, you'd need someone who is not in the race to collect quali times and confirm starting positions to be absolutely sure.
 
Problem is, you'd need someone who is not in the race to collect quali times and confirm starting positions to be absolutely sure.
No, we just need to confirm via chat that order on the right matches for everybody. If yes - we can go ahead and start. If not - steward needs to get out, record times and do a staged start with Owens in the back ;)
 
SagarisGTB
The times started "disappearing" when people started going back into the pits from the lounge, until only mine and yours were left. When I entered the track, you said mine disappeared as well. I quickly concluded that a person's lap times are reset when they reenter the track from the lounge. So to get a proper grid, everyone should remain on track after qualifying is done and not leave the track. I'm assuming that would provide a proper grid. Problem is, you'd need someone who is not in the race to collect quali times and confirm starting positions.

That's what I thought I was seeing too, their name would disappear and then reappear without their times. With the last patch it kept everybody's times up no matter where they were and you could get them to display in order by having everyone go to the lounge and back to the pits. They finally had it right for a couple weeks but now it's all the way broken. It used to always keep your best lap and it would just clear your sectors/last lap, now it clears everything.

And yeah, now we can't check the timing monitor without losing the time we've set, so I can't jump out to record the results and we can't do two group qualifying. I think this might mean that if you exit to the lounge at any time you forfeit your time's.
 
No, we just need to confirm via chat that order on the right matches for everybody. If yes - we can go ahead and start. If not - steward needs to get out, record times and do a staged start with Owens in the back ;)
Or that. Using chat to determine the order is rather rudimentary, but does the job all the same.
 
And yeah, now we can't check the timing monitor without losing the time we've set, so I can't jump out to record the results and we can't do two group qualifying. I think this might mean that if you exit to the lounge at any time you forfeit your time's.
We can, if everyone enters pits, and then first group runs and parks in the same remote corner of the track afterwards ;)
 
We can, if everyone enters pits, and then first group runs and parks in the same remote corner of the track afterwards ;)

Why wouldn't everyone enter the pits, first group runs, then waits in the pits for the second group to run and pit?
 
Or we just manually stage the grid, I hate doing that but it's probably easier and we know it will work. Providing we can get Owens some lessons.

But even that is different now, it was showing Owens first and me second on your screens, Owens first and me last on my screen, and started Owens first and me last. :banghead:
 
Frustrating...:grumpy:
 
Why wouldn't everyone enter the pits, first group runs, then waits in the pits for the second group to run and pit?
D/k, I have a feeling this won't work.
 
dsgerbc
No, we just need to confirm via chat that order on the right matches for everybody. If yes - we can go ahead and start. If not - steward needs to get out, record times and do a staged start with Owens in the back ;)

I truly only had part of B's post showing. I seen pull on track and line up. So I did that. Had absolutely no clue he was calling order. However I do think if we went up further past the spot I went all would of been fine. However, very sorry to have caused such a complication. I'm ashamed.
 
^ I think manual gridding can be done w/o everyone being released on track one-by-one, just everyone has to be careful to go only forward, park behind the proper person and not to screw around once in position.
 
EDIT: on a side note, my new BP is a 1:26.2 in practice mode.
1:25 is doable!

Practice times from the GMT race:

1.46, not 1.26. But still :bowdown:

IMAG0350.jpg
 
To help this problem of qualifying in the wrong order nobody should go to pits or leave the lounge etc. As soon as qualifying reaches the time limit the race director presses to start the race, nobody leaving the track. If you've finished your qualifying just park up somewhere safe and wait until the race director presses start race.
Everyone will then be in order on the grid.
The only downside is you don't get to see peoples quli times.

As far as last nights race went, I didn't experience any problems with lag or missing cars/times.

Race 1: 4th. Took my a while to get used to GT5 physics again after playing iRacing all week and was all over the place for the first half of the race.

Race 2: 1st. Was in the Monaco zone and pulled a great pass on GTP_WRP for the lead. Pulled away from then to an easy victory.
 
...Took my a while to get used to GT5 physics again after playing iRacing all week...

Now this sounds like the solution haha.

Brandon, I assume we're ok to race in both Tuesday races again?
 
Who got pole in the EST race?
 
Now this sounds like the solution haha.

Brandon, I assume we're ok to race in both Tuesday races again?

I suppose. If I hadn't allowed it last night it would have been just me and Saga. I think having 2 races on the same night has made attendance for both suffer.

Who got pole in the EST race?


Carr, but I have no official record of it because the timing monitor started clearing out times before I could record them.
 
^ I have a photo of (most of) the timing screen but the best lap column was cut off (taken in great haste) and yuri's time was zeroed. About a fraction of a second after the photo was taken, other times started to zero, presumably as people went back to the pits.

Attendance has been up and down on a Tuesday: First race, we had a full room for the GMT race, but that may have been because people were still off work after Xmas.

Did we come to an agreement on next Tuesday's race? I'm more than happy running the GMT race on Monday at the same time.

Edit: Points have been updated - It's damned close between yuri and carr for 1st place.
 
Last edited:
^ I have a photo of (most of) the timing screen but the best lap column was cut off (taken in great haste) and yuri's time was zeroed.


I was all set to take a photo but the times started clearing and I didn't know what was going on, so I waited for a second thinking the times would show back up and instead they all went bye-bye and I had nothing to take a photo of. Quite frustrating.
 
To help this problem of qualifying in the wrong order nobody should go to pits or leave the lounge etc. As soon as qualifying reaches the time limit the race director presses to start the race, nobody leaving the track. If you've finished your qualifying just park up somewhere safe and wait until the race director presses start race.
Everyone will then be in order on the grid.
The only downside is you don't get to see peoples quli times.
This method needs everyone confirming the ordering in their screen matches everyone else's. Only then everyone will be in order on the grid.
 
Carr, but I have no official record of it because the timing monitor started clearing out times before I could record them.
Smth like 46.82x, iirc.
 
Wow. Usually by the time I get on the forum I have to read through 2 pages of conversation. Today I had to go to the second page of the forum just to find us. I hope this online bug that PD seems to keep adding to isn't getting every down that much. I am sure or fearless leader will keep us going in some fashion.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back