Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
  • 117,218 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the manly thing and lance that blister open, let it drain! :lol:

:yuck: Cant stand burn blisters, anytime I get one I tear it open right away and rip the skin off. Id rather have that than dealing with trying not to pop it. Just my two cents, I am definitely not a doctor:lol:
 
bdubclub
:yuck: Cant stand burn blisters, anytime I get one I tear it open right away and rip the skin off. Id rather have that than dealing with trying not to pop it. Just my two cents, I am definitely not a doctor:lol:

I'm not either... I just play one a few times a week. :dunce:
 
Hello chaps.

Cracking series you have here for a cracking little car.

I'm working on vintage sportscar series Season 2 (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=224376) and it will have a class full of Alfa's as 1 make running alongside the big Ford's, Jaguar's, and Ferrari's... do any of you have any spare 1965 or 1967 tickets? They are the tickets you can use for getting the Alfa, Ford, Jaguar, and Ferrari...

PM please if you can help, and goo luck, great series.

Furi 👍
 
You need a doctor Brandon?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsOB6_xo088

I'm not making light of your injury: I sliced two of my fingers open with a fishing knife last year, so I feel your pain. Do have a doctor check it though.
 
Last edited:
Great job on the double Wii...toughest double of the series by far and in a fairly large field. 👍👍

Congrats to you too Trackbound on the solid second race. Very fast and consistent and you held your own. 👍👍

And Furi, I certainly hope you contacted Brandon before posting about your series on his race thread, because if you didn't it's incredibly poor form and disrespectful on your part and that type of thing won't win you any interest from anyone on this series.
 
Furi posted here at the beginning of the season discussing his plans for the Alfa, he's ok.

The thumb is much better today, it's not really a blister I can pop but it's smaller today and not as sore so I should be able to race. My dad is a doctor, he looked at it and said its a good 2nd degree burn but nothing to worry about. 👍

Here are the results from last nights races.

Qualifying:

imageblrw.jpg



Friday Race 1 Results:

imageytsy.jpg



Friday Race 2 Results:

imageykp.jpg
 
The Champ lounge is open for practice. Qualifying will start at 3pm EST with 14 drivers max
 
Apologies to Owens for hitting him at Massenet. I think I just out-braked myself (overestimated the grip), you had no reason to wait for me. But that's when the glitches started. When I had my nose against the wall, I wasn't touching the pedals yet the throttle was on for a second or so. The big glitch occurred at the hairpin on lap 1, lost 9 seconds when I had literally no control of the car. The car was applying both brake and throttle at the same time for a few seconds, then died. I've lost total control because of this wheel playing GT4, but it hasn't before occurred with GT5. Maybe I should get a new wheel. :indiff:

Congrats on the pole + race 2 double, Dsg. 👍
I was very close to getting my first pole position in the ORCA series, I was up over a tenth up on the best posted lap going into the last sector but lost time being a little too conservative in the last sector after seeing that I was up. Nevertheless, can't complain with second. The 1'47.074 (I'm pretty sure) is my PB; got a new PB in every qualifying session this week. :)

Looking forward to the Spa enduros. I've had some good moments (first spin-free race, first podium) and bad moments (first spin out of the lead) at Spa in the past in other series. Hoping for some more good ones, it should be fun either way.
 
Last edited:
Could I register as a reserve for the Tuesday 9pm GMT Spa race please?
 
Great racing today fellas. A hard earned rest for Dsg tonight ( I don't think people will share your feelings towards Monaco ;) )

It wasnt as daunting as I made out in my head today, great cleanish racing ( we all love each so 'taps' are essential :lol:). Shame that PD has messed around with the starting grid, but at least everyone in here keeps a cool head and works through it. 👍

Just want to say I appreciate the chance to race with a great group and, I too am looking forward to Spa. No more menacing barriers :lol: , just great flowing corners, which may garner racing ala Monza.
 
While you got stuck with the bug Sagar, this was my first race this week where I had close to normal grip, especially the second race. I was finally able to run my Q times in a race, as opposed 1-2+ seconds off as it was in every other race. Looking forward to Spa but hoping there's no grip bug there as it would be a disaster in some of the faster corners.
 
Furinkazen
Could I register as a reserve for the Tuesday 9pm GMT Spa race please?

Sorry, we're at capacity and we're going into our finale week so we won't have any room.

Good racing today, but I think the majority of us are glad to be done with this course. I'm not sure what happened with qualifying today, I think we did everything the same but it didn't work this time.

Here are the results from today's races.

Saturday Race 1 Results:

imageole.jpg



Saturday Race 2 Results:

imagewpb.jpg
 
Maybe I should get a new wheel. :indiff:
Try lubricating the insides of the pedals first.

I'm not sure what happened with qualifying today, I think we did everything the same but it didn't work this time.
No idea too, just throwing ideas: may be it does matter whether one drives to the pits vs teleport?
 
dsgerbc
No idea too, just throwing ideas: may be it does matter whether one drives to the pits vs teleport?

During testing on Thursday and qualifying Friday night, did you guys drive back to the pits or teleport (hit pause/exit)?

The other thing that was different was I was in the track/pits instead of watching from the monitor but that shouldn't have made any difference. During practice today I confirmed multiple times that the on-track display was showing the same order as the timing monitor and the monitor was showing the order with fastest first. So that should have been an accurate way to determine the order and we confirmed it when people posted their times. Yet it started dsg towards the back instead of on pole. Bizarre.
 
BrandonW77
During testing on Thursday and qualifying Friday night, did you guys drive back to the pits or teleport (hit pause/exit)?

I always did the teleport method during the test.
 
Well it worked perfectly during all 3 tests so that suggests how you get to the pits doesn't matter.
 
BrandonW77
Well it worked perfectly during all 3 tests so that suggests how you get to the pits doesn't matter.

Unless DSG drove in and others teleported.
 
Unless DSG drove in and others teleported.
I always teleport, but can see a tiny chance of just one person driving into the pits somehow screwing the grid (and assumption in the background is that everyone teleported in testing on Thursday and in race on Friday).
 
I for one teleported. Strange how PD always tweaks the qualifying. Ponders why they would do that?
 
One thing for sure, PD will not be offered a contract to program the next NASA Space Program. They'd set out heading for Mars and end up flying into the Sun with Kaz sending patches along the way diverting them to Venus, Jupiter and Ethiopia..:grumpy:

Maybe for SPA we might just do a manual grid line up and save the extra minute or two? Or test it out some more in a practice session with everyone either teleporting or driving in. I thought it was odd today that during practice the timing tree showed the right order of qualifying throughout the practice session. That hasn't happened since the patch and I had a hunch something was up.
 
I prefer to do the manual line up; doesn't take much time, easy to do and reliable when done right. I also like to go back to the lounge and see what everyone did in quali, especially the guys close to me. Since we don't reset the track after practice, sometimes we don't even get to see the pole time anymore.
 
During testing on Thursday and qualifying Friday night, did you guys drive back to the pits or teleport (hit pause/exit)?

I was teleporting into the pits
 
During testing on Thursday and qualifying Friday night, did you guys drive back to the pits or teleport (hit pause/exit)?

Teleported here also on Thursday.
 
I teleported every time.
 
So now the question is did anybody Drive into the pits on Saturday instead of teleporting? Since we only have one week left we'll probably just do manual line ups so we can be sure it works.
 
I've input the points but it will take a little while for the elves to process these and publish them. It is Sunday afternoon after all, and they are all still hungover from last night.
 
BrandonW77
So now the question is did anybody Drive into the pits on Saturday instead of teleporting?

Teleported...
 
RDAardvark
I've input the points but it will take a little while for the elves to process these and publish them. It is Sunday afternoon after all, and they are all still hungover from last night.

I believe if you click on the points graphic it will take you to the google doc so you can see the updated points.
 
Was wondering, if the race on the 14.th still is scheduled on planned time, or if it has been moved as considered..?
The official schedule on page 1 still say next euro-race is the 14.th at 9pm GMT, and next US-race is the 14.th at 8pm EST...
If both IS moved to monday, I can't run in the euro, but might be able to take part in the us instead.
 
^ the races have been moved to Monday at the same time slots. I will get the info adjusted, thanks for pointing that out. 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back