Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
  • 117,215 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know am a few days late, but just had a chance to get on after last update.
I use a G25 and say that I think PD really screwed the pooch with this update.
The wheel feels like its connected to the tires by a wet noodle. (I have ps off and turned up the feedback to 10)
That they made this change in order to make 2 cars out of 1000+ more driveable, the 2 stupidest cars imo, makes it all the worst. Whoever made this decision at PD needs to be flogged. I am pissed because I will be reminded of this every time I get behind the wheel. I play GT5 every day, yet even after being away from it for a week, I could not take more than 30 minutes.
Well rant mode off. I won't be making the race today. The series was fun, too bad I missed the last two weeks.


After a solid weekend of using my G27 I'm having a hard time noticing any difference in the FFB after 2.04. I've read all the reports and paid a lot of attention this weekend to see if I could tell a difference but I really can't. At any rate, I won 2 races this weekend so I guess for me it's an improvement if anything. Not debating that yours feels like a wet noodle now, just noting my observations with my own wheel.
 
Well, hopefully I will get accustomed to it. I have been away from GT5 for a week and that may have something to do with my first impression.
 
The ORCA_Champ lounge is open for pre-race practice.
Come on down!

Edit: Just got disconnected. Be back as soon as possible.
 
Last edited:
I am hoping to jump in tonights race (if I can get the kids down). I haven't practiced on the track in a while and I dont think ever in the Alfa, so this will be interesting. Not sure I can make it Friday night as we will be up and out early on Saturday for a weekend to Boston. Hope I can learn quickly.
 
:cheers::bowdown:
Very well spotted sir!

I've fixed the spreadsheet and it should update shortly after the hour.

Your points were off by one for week 5, which moves you above Owens. Yuri's points were also out, but week five was his lowest score so didn't count anyway. Wish 40 was my lowest score. Actually, wish I could score 40 once!:crazy:
Not a big deal, but my points for week 5 are still incorrect.

I'm a bit sick, so I am available for both races today, but I cannot guarantee a good performance in my current state. :yuck: I'll try my best though.
 
The elves will update the points at midnight UK time. The computer that updates them is in work and my remote control system isn't working, so I can't manually force an update.
 
Finally done in the office for the day. Should be home in 20 minutes or so. Don't delay quali just for me though. ;)
 
There's only four of us here at the moment, so we'll hang around for a bit.

Need 6 for a valid race though...
 
If you're coming ...hurry. I can't wait too long...got work to do in between races and if I wait too long I might jeopardize tonights race...:nervous:
 
The elves will update the points at midnight UK time. The computer that updates them is in work and my remote control system isn't working, so I can't manually force an update.
My mistake, I thought I saw dsg's score updated but not mine. No worries, everything is correct now. Thanks. 👍
 
RD made the official call cancelling this afternoon's race. Only 5 of us showed, we waited 20 minutes to get to 6 but it wasn't meant to be. Guess we'll be racing tonight:tup:
 
If I didn't have piano at 5:30, I could've came, but I'd have been cutting it too close for comfort on time.
 
Johnnypenso
RD made the official call cancelling this afternoon's race. Only 5 of us showed, we waited 20 minutes to get to 6 but it wasn't meant to be. Guess we'll be racing tonight:tup:

That's a shame, but he made the right call. There has to be a cutoff somewhere and if only 5 run it means that last place is guaranteed a top 5 finish which just isn't right. Hopefully that means we'll have a good crowd tonight.
 
Think I better have to be realistic and forfeit participation in the US-race to night, even I stated my intentions to race there earlier.
But doing a race until 3:30am-ish (local time, gmt+1) and still be able to get up at 6am to drive an hour on the highway to be at work at 8am, just don't seem to be responsible...
Can't find valid arguements to my self, even how much I wanted to race, and not being able to take part in the euro-timeslot when moved.

Just hope I can make it on Saturday then! :nervous:
 
^ Better safe than sorry. Sleepy driving is dangerous! We'll keep a spot open for ya on Saturday. 👍
 
The Champ lounge is now open for practice. Qualifying will begin at 8pm EST with 14 drivers max. One mandatory pitstop on any lap except your last. Same rules as always, try to keep 2 wheels on the red and white.
 
Last edited:
Great racing, dsgerbc 👍
I was all set to try and lose you on the final lap and all I did was end up in the sand trap :dunce:
The pace was fast with the top 3 running many 41s laps.
 
Congrats to dsg on the pole and victory. My race was over on the first lap and the last 9 laps were spent trying to stay awake. This is an especially bad track to lose your tire noise on. 👎


imageiwby.jpg
 
Good race folks. Congrats to Dsg on the pole + win combo.

For me, the good news is that my race pace is in the 1'42s, which is decent enough for me. The bad news is that I suck in traffic and went off twice into the grass/sand, the second excursion being especially costly. :ouch:
 
Great night dsg...cant believe after that long of a race it came down to a couple tenths.

Tonight was sort of a rush for me, only practiced during the open hour. I was pleased with my run with all things considered, but it was pretty boring after the pit stop when I lost Brandon and NC. Had fun running with you guys in the beginning.

The Alfa season has come to an end for me with this race at Spa. I have many things to be grateful for from this past season starting with Brandon for putting on such an awesome season and leading Team ORCA. Thankful for all of the help, coaching, and mentoring I received this year from some of our best. Hours online together, countless PM's, all were helpful. The close, CLEAN racing was fantastic, but comes second to the friendships developed with guys I have never met. Looking forward to the next stages of ORCA in the weeks to come (club racing????). See you guys on the next track.
 
Came in with zero laps. Managed to get my time down to 42.0 alone. Had several 41's chasing Yuri.

All in all not a bad night for not having warmed up or practiced. Hopefully I can keep the draft next race and not get bored. LoL
 
Congrats DSG on that close victory. I fell behind 3 or 4 seconds early and with that little bump draft each lap I just couldn't make up any time in spite of running 41's most of the race with a low of 41.4 with no draft. I could only hope for a couple of mistakes but you and Carr were almost flawless, congratulations to both of you on an exception race 👍 👍

We'll be winding up the club action after the season is over Track. We'll see you there for sure:)
 
Fun racing tonight. Spent most of the race safely tucked away in carr's draft. He got loose once, on lap 16 and I tried to pounce, but messed up in Les Combes on lap 17, after that it was almost certain it's gonna be down to last 2 turns. Defended the inside, both of us braked too late, so the last turn was somewhat messy.

It appears I'm now locked into my place in the standings, so I'm open to some bribe offers ;). I suppose no matter what we do Wii will probably win on Friday if he chooses to show-up, but Saturday is in play. =]
 
Feels weird not racing on Tuesday.......:nervous:
 
I've gotten used to it.

May show up on Saturday to throw a monkey wrench into things.
 
BrandonW77
Feels weird not racing on Tuesday.......:nervous:

Better open up a lounge before you get the shakes... :sick:
 
Better open up a lounge before you get the shakes... :sick:


I opened my lounge and did some practice in the RS200 for the Vintage Club race on Sunday. Man, that's a fun car to drive!! :dopey:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back