Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
  • 117,218 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ the races have been moved to Monday at the same time slots. I will get the info adjusted, thanks for pointing that out. 👍

Apologies: I totally forgot about changing the dates on this. I've updated the calendar and the elves are updating the info as I type so all should be up to date when you read this.
 
Finally got a few laps in at Spa, with a best of 2:44.481.

I also had a try at playing the rules and it just feels wrong hanging off the edge of the track with just two wheels on the rumble strips. I can see it is faster but it just doesn't sit well with me. Ah well, I'm just gladto be away from the claustrophobic Monte Carlo. :)
 
How many race's are getting dropped from the final standings if any?
 
RDAardvark
Finally got a few laps in at Spa, with a best of 2:44.481.

Had a go my self... Also managed to string a series of laps of 2.44.6xx. Was really satisfied by my self, until Sag joined and soon delivered 2.43.xx and lower :nervous:
Well... Am getting used to fight for not taking the rear-spot ;)
 
How many race's are getting dropped from the final standings if any?

Your worst two results don't count, but you can only drop one enduro.
 
Had a go my self... Also managed to string a series of laps of 2.44.6xx. Was really satisfied by my self, until Sag joined and soon delivered 2.43.xx and lower :nervous:
Well... Am getting used to fight for not taking the rear-spot ;)
My best lap was 1'42.549, but there is still much time to be found. I'm sure the fast guys will be a couple seconds faster than that.
 
Haven't turned a lap @Spa since pre-season. Gonna be practicing in the lounge tonight after 8pm EST.
 
I gave SPA a go with the good ol DS3 :yuck:
I'm not sure why but a DS3 is useless here, the speed the wheels turn at is way to slow.
Best I could do is a 42.9.
Got back with the DFGT and did a 42.3, I would not be surprised if wii or dsg or some other pace setter can get a 39.
 
I gave SPA a go with the good ol DS3 :yuck:
I'm not sure why but a DS3 is useless here, the speed the wheels turn at is way to slow.
Best I could do is a 42.9.
Got back with the DFGT and did a 42.3, I would not be surprised if wii or dsg or some other pace setter can get a 39.
You don't give yourself enough credit for being a "pace setter" I'm just saying. ..... Also great news about Monday, I plan on being at both rounds tomorrow!!! As long as there is room of course.
 
Not to toot my own horn, but I managed to beat our very own pace setter Yuritardid in the Vintage Club tournament today, winning 2 out of 3 races in a 83 Fairlady 300Z. I have to say it was a much needed confidence boost and both were hard earned. I'm hoping my streak continues with me to Belgium! :)


imagejud.jpg


imageyqy.jpg
 
I'm gonna be in the lounge doing laps @Spa.
UPD: Out now, thanks for practice Saga & Carr.
 
Last edited:
It was a great couple of races Brandon. The total gap in both races combined was .139!! You didn't make a mistake in either race. The last lap at Monza was epic, with three passes, no contact and a drag race to the flag. Not sure how you held on on the outside of Parabolica but it was a heckuva run:tup:

Team ORCA in the form of just Brandon and I took all 3 - 1st place finishes, 2 - 2nds and a 3rd and the top 2 spots in today's championship with Brandon the victor. Great job Boss!!👍
 
Congrats Brandon!
 
It was a great couple of races Brandon. The total gap in both races combined was .139!! You didn't make a mistake in either race. The last lap at Monza was epic, with three passes, no contact and a drag race to the flag. Not sure how you held on on the outside of Parabolica but it was a heckuva run:tup:

Team ORCA in the form of just Brandon and I took all 3 - 1st place finishes, 2 - 2nds and a 3rd and the top 2 spots in today's championship with Brandon the victor. Great job Boss!!👍

Brilliant result Brandon: Are you still bribing the stewards? :crazy:
Seriously though, to both you and JP, that's a very good set of results and looks good for ORCA too!
 
It was a great couple of races Brandon. The total gap in both races combined was .139!! You didn't make a mistake in either race. The last lap at Monza was epic, with three passes, no contact and a drag race to the flag. Not sure how you held on on the outside of Parabolica but it was a heckuva run:tup:

Team ORCA in the form of just Brandon and I took all 3 - 1st place finishes, 2 - 2nds and a 3rd and the top 2 spots in today's championship with Brandon the victor. Great job Boss!!👍

Good weekend for Team ORCA. Sunday night I pulled off the Inaugural American IROC Series All Star Event win. I saw that Brandon beat Johnny in the VCRC. Was very pleased to see that. The bounty that Punch put up must have been the motivation.
 
While we're bragging, I took my second G27 win in the VW Scirocco Cup on Saturday night. Beat cBc by just over a tenth of a second.
 
Oh yeah!?! Well I'm still slow and finish in the back! :lol:
 
Oh yeah!?! Well I'm still slow and finish in the back! :lol:

We could start another "I'm slower than you" discussion, but Mr Python does the one-upmanship game best:
 
Last edited:
Your worst two results don't count, but you can only drop one enduro.

OK, my championship is over then as I cant make any of the Spa Race's this week.

So i'm dropping the first and last race out of my final points total.
 
OK, my championship is over then as I cant make any of the Spa Race's this week.

So i'm dropping the first and last race out of my final points total.


That's a shame you can't make it - I've learnt quite a bit from watching you on the replays!
Are you aware that we're racing tonight and not tomorrow?
 
Good weekend for Team ORCA. Sunday night I pulled off the Inaugural American IROC Series All Star Event win. I saw that Brandon beat Johnny in the VCRC. Was very pleased to see that. The bounty that Punch put up must have been the motivation.

While we're bragging, I took my second G27 win in the VW Scirocco Cup on Saturday night. Beat cBc by just over a tenth of a second.

Oh yeah!?! Well I'm still slow and finish in the back! :lol:

Team ORCA is on fire:drool:. We've got the front and the back of the grid covered..👍👍 Congrats Trackbound and Lancer:)
 
That's a shame you can't make it - I've learnt quite a bit from watching you on the replays!
Are you aware that we're racing tonight and not tomorrow?

Yeh the change of time is whats done me really. Can only make Tuesdays.

Have enjoyed racing with you guys, well run championship, credit to the organisers.

Some quick guys here, you've looked good in my rear view mirror. :sly:
 
Some quick guys here, you've looked good in my rear view mirror. :sly:

ZING!! lol

Been great having you Mr. T3Z. Hope to see you on track in the future!
 
mr_t3z
Yeh the change of time is whats done me really. Can only make Tuesdays.

Have enjoyed racing with you guys, well run championship, credit to the organisers.

Some quick guys here, you've looked good in my rear view mirror. :sly:

:sadface: I was looking forward to bumping you off the podium in a head to head battle :)
 
And before anyone starts calculating points possibilities etc - there's a mistake in the spreadsheet formula for week5 total points. The range that's picking up saturday's results is incorrect. Should be $77:$92 instead of $79:$94
Formula is off for week 6 as well.
 
And before anyone starts calculating points possibilities etc - there's a mistake in the spreadsheet formula for week5 total points. The range that's picking up saturday's results is incorrect. Should be $77:$92 instead of $79:$94
Formula is off for week 6 as well.


:cheers::bowdown:
Very well spotted sir!

I've fixed the spreadsheet and it should update shortly after the hour.

Your points were off by one for week 5, which moves you above Owens. Yuri's points were also out, but week five was his lowest score so didn't count anyway. Wish 40 was my lowest score. Actually, wish I could score 40 once!:crazy:
 
Just found this and thought you all might enjoy.
 
Just a reminder to everyone, the first races at Spa have been moved to tonight instead of tomorrow (Valentine's Day). Same time slots, just a day earlier. It will be an enduro at Spa with one mandatory pitstop on any lap besides your final lap.
 
I know am a few days late, but just had a chance to get on after last update.
I use a G25 and say that I think PD really screwed the pooch with this update.
The wheel feels like its connected to the tires by a wet noodle. (I have ps off and turned up the feedback to 10)
That they made this change in order to make 2 cars out of 1000+ more driveable, the 2 stupidest cars imo, makes it all the worst. Whoever made this decision at PD needs to be flogged. I am pissed because I will be reminded of this every time I get behind the wheel. I play GT5 every day, yet even after being away from it for a week, I could not take more than 30 minutes.
Well rant mode off. I won't be making the race today. The series was fun, too bad I missed the last two weeks.
 
RD I was going to mention the mistake in my points as well but I reasoned it's gonna be a drop week anyway so it didn't matter.

Too bad you guys can't make it CC and T3Z. Thanks for racing the series and hope you come back for some more racing after the Alfa Series is over, in the Lounge network or in our next series, big or small..👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back