Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
  • 117,212 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been wanting to race that NSX RM. drives incredible too.

Keep the power down and force Hard racing for a stint tires then Mediums could be used. Lil Strategy in Pit and all.

We use the two tire rule in the RX7 league with excellent results. Very fun to decide how Long to stay out on the Hards. Start in them or end on them.

Anyway I'm pretty open.



Race today:
yes room will open around 3pm EST. 8pm GMT.
 
So keep points table and just make it a series where every week is a new car/track for X number of weeks. At the end of each season, the winners get prizes and we start over, with new cars/tracks every week. Keep the same format of two races per night, possibly a sprint and enduro versus two sprints - keep inversion for second race, same points structure and race nights. People can race as much or little each week, space permitting.


Having points is directly or indirectly the source of a lot of the headaches I/we had this season. At least for a little while I want to figure something out that's just as attractive and fun but doesn't require points. Say somebody (myself included) can't make a race, if there's no points at stake it's not a big deal. If an update comes out that changes how we do things, we just adapt and move on without the need to discuss new rules and procedures. If "the bug" strikes people and ruins their race, it kinda sucks for that night but it didn't ruin their points run. These are the kinds of things that have made running a series for points difficult for me and the group.
 
You have a good point about setting the restrictions for the stock/no mileage numbers too. Sometimes it's a pain having to get a car broken in before a race, and my concept is that anybody will be able to grab a car and hop in a lounge at just about any time and do some racing. If we set the restrictions for the absolute base power it will make it easier because all you'd have to do is purchase the car and take it to the track ready to race. We can adjust the power limiter down and still make it onto the track with "tuning prohibited" so that would work fine.

Setting restrictions on power and worrying about whether a car is broken in or not is :banghead:. If that makes the difference between being competitive or not, then you need to run on harder tires :lol:.

If your not racing for points or prizes, and just racing for pride; why worry about all the minutia? This is the car, these are the tires, and this is the track. It doesn't have to be any more complicated, does it?
 
Setting restrictions on power and worrying about whether a car is broken in or not is :banghead:. If that makes the difference between being competitive or not, then you need to run on harder tires :lol:.


Some cars can gain 20+hp after a break-in and oil change, that's pretty significant. So if somebody showed up with one of those cars at 0 miles and others had cars with 200 miles, the guy with the 0 mile is at a pretty big disadvantage and might as well not race. So if we set the restrictions for the room to the power level at 0 miles for that car then everyone will always be on a level playing field whether their car is broken in or not.

Example:
Car X has 300hp when it's brand new with 0 miles.
But Car X has 320hp when it has 200 miles on it and an oil change.
We set the power restrictions for the room at 300hp so everybody's evenly matched no matter how many miles their car has on it. No need to worry about getting the car broken in before you can race it.


If your not racing for points or prizes, and just racing for pride; why worry about all the minutia? This is the car, these are the tires, and this is the track. It doesn't have to be any more complicated, does it?

That's basically what I'm trying to get to, but it's not quite as simple as that. Or maybe it is, I don't know. It depends on what the people want and what they're willing to do.
 
If you use OCD cars, they're broken in from the dealer ;)
 
If you use OCD cars, they're broken in from the dealer ;)


No they're not, they have 0 miles on them. Cars from the UCD are broken in but can be hard for everyone to find.
 
BrandonW77
No they're not, they have 0 miles on them. Cars from the UCD are broken in but can be hard for everyone to find.

I'm not sure. But I've read the OCD is broken in zero miles.
 
If/when we start doing points again, I would like to suggest doing divisions by the night. I understand why Brandon has the point system as it is, and how it can benefit drivers who may miss their regular race night. But at the same time points become skewed if you run on a particular night that consistently has 12-14 competitive drivers show up compared to an event that has 7-8 with perhaps only 2 competitive drivers.
 
No they're not, they have 0 miles on them. Cars from the UCD are broken in but can be hard for everyone to find.

Cars from the UCD are broken in but the more miles they have on them the more permanent power loss they have. You do an engine rebuild on something with 7000 km's on it and you're going to have a significant power advantage over someone in a car with 60,000 km's on it. I'm planning on using this to my advantage this weekend in my 400 hp Ford RS200 👍👍
 
Incredible race today guys!!!!


400hp RS200 I hope your kidding. Mine makes 257hp 438pp.
 
Great race today, Yuri, Owens, and I had a battle all race 👍
I was completely terrified when I got a lousy stop and ended up way behind Yuri and Owens. Got a lucky draft and caught up.
First I would like to say thank you, Owens, for pushing Yuri along and letting us battle it out. Great finish. I was worried you were back there helping him. I was trying so hard to get away, but all I did was overheat my tires.
I'm not sure about the championship. I think Yuri would need a perfect race, which he is very well capable of doing to win. I don't know how the drop thing works.
Great race. Glad we rescheduled. EPIC race!
 
This race epitomizes what good racing is all about!!! An entire season coming down to the last week, potentially being decided today but still up in the air, coming down to a 17 lap battle, decided by 0.5 seconds, on a pass in the final corner of the final lap. It doesn't get any better than that and I'm proud to be a part of it, whether I win or finish second or anywhere else. Great job and great patience by Carr, thanks for the little push Owens:sly:

Have to double check the points but if it's still up in the air, there could be a couple of epic races left, especially if there's a pack of 3 or 4 or 5 fighting it out for top spot:crazy:
 
You have to drop two races, but you must keep at least one enduro you can't drop both, but you can keep both of them and two other reverse grid races if you like. So one enduro and three others, or two enduro's and two others, whichever works best for you pointwise. The point totals listed now are your point total with your two drop races already taken out of the point total.
 
You have to drop two races, but you must keep at least one enduro you can't drop both, but you can keep both of them and two other reverse grid races if you like. So one enduro and three others, or two enduro's and two others, whichever works best for you pointwise. The point totals listed now are your point total with your two drop races already taken out of the point total.
OK thanks.
 
We will use most wins as a tie-breaker. If you both have the same number of wins we will go by most pole positions. If you have the same number of poles we will go by most second places, third places, etc.

Right now you guys are tied on pole positions but Carr has 1 more victory than Yuri. So it's going to be very close!
Update: ;)

Yuri has one more pole, but trailing by two wins. So technically yuri could still win w/o scoring 52 points. Just two wins and no poles to carr ;)

Could even come down to second places, lol.
 
dsgerbc
Update: ;)

Yuri has one more pole, but trailing by two wins. So technically yuri could still win w/o scoring 52 points. Just two wins and no poles to carr ;)

Could even come down to second places, lol.

That's one of the things I did like about the current points system, it makes the championship incredibly exciting and has come down to the final race of the final week more than once. It's down to two men and they literally are battling it out over four rounds in one week. I hope both of you can make the next two races and have a true battle royale. 👍 Meanwhile, I will be completing a 4 season streak of finishing square in the middle of the pack. :nervous:
 
Example:
Car X has 300hp when it's brand new with 0 miles.
But Car X has 320hp when it has 200 miles on it and an oil change.
We set the power restrictions for the room at 300hp so everybody's evenly matched no matter how many miles their car has on it. No need to worry about getting the car broken in before you can race it.
True, but restrict 200 mi Car X to 300hp and it still has a significant pp advantage over 0mi Car X. Probably better to set restriction on pp rather than hp.
 
CC570
True, but restrict 200 mi Car X to 300hp and it still has a significant pp advantage over 0mi Car X. Probably better to set restriction on pp rather than hp.

If both cars are stock and set to the same hp, they will have different PP values?

If so, then yes, pp restriction would be the way to go.
 
If both cars are stock and set to the same hp, they will have different PP values?

If so, then yes, pp restriction would be the way to go.
Meh, people who bother to break the car in should have some benefit from it. Otherwise unbroken-in car at the same PP might end up being faster on some courses. Which would be weird ;)
 
dsgerbc
Meh, people who bother to break the car in should have some benefit from it. Otherwise unbroken-in car at the same PP might end up being faster on some courses. Which would be weird ;)

Lol. I'm pretty sure limiting to pre-break-in power was your idea. :)
It looks like OCD cars, recommended cars and karts would be the best options if we wanted to keep things simple and even/level. I don't think setting the power limit is really necessary though, I'm sure plenty of us will have broken-in cars available and Bob is always around to get some cars ready. If we race each car(s) for a week or two, that gives us plenty of opportunity to get some miles on them.
 
As well give out the car model info a week before. That plenty of time to obtain and break in. :)
 
^ Are you posting pics of EU race results?
 
Man I was so excited I forgot the pics and forgot to save replay. I know JP has it.

Yuri if you would be so kind to post the results.



Here are the Qualification Standings:

1826953f.jpg




As wondering what fast lap was. I ended up with a 2:40.80 I think.
 
UPDATE your PS3 before entering race room!!!!
 
I like the recommended garage for random pick up nights from time to time. I think a weekly theme type club/series for a while has potential to be a ton of fun and allow for a greater use of some forgotten cars in the game (especially standard cars). I would rather deal with the break-in or 1-2hp difference of some cars. Half of the fun is the personal touches of colors and wheels too, which cant really be done with a recommended car. We could even look at a monthly rotation, something like:
Week 1: a vintage car selected (or a couple competitive vintage cars to run at the same time)
Week 2: Brandon's random choice
Week 3: agreed upon race car(s), could be LMP, GT500, GT300, Cup (like Lupo, mm-R, etc.)
Week 4: 450pp SS (this would give a chance to go back to a couple of favorites that you can continue to tweak the tunes on).
Then the cycle would continue in a similar fashion. I mentioned that I think a RM Cappy week or 3 week mini series might be worth bringing back at some point. Maybe run the Alfa series 3-4 times a year, spread it out...distance makes the heart grow fonder. Could do a tour of Japan as a theme, or tour of America, tour of Europe, etc. Or maybe a tour of Poly tracks.
Thinking out loud, feel free to skip this post ;)
 
^All sounds fine, except the 450PP tuner club had to convert to running in public rooms due to low participation. So start simple, w/o far reaching grand plans and go from there.

P.S.: ps3 update seems quite large, so start it now.
 
The Champ lounge is open for pre-race practice. Qualifying will start at 10pm EST with 14 max, everyone is welcome to race.
 
Hope I"m not late...I just heard about the update now :nervous:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back