Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
Ehhh saying it has decent physics is a bit of a stretch :lol:,It felt like shift 2 with a dumbed down version of the polish tire mod

I felt the exact same way when I first booted it up. Though I don't think the physics are THAT bad. They just don't seem as natural to me as say.. F5 or iRacing. Perhaps I need to play it on a wheel to really see what the engine is capable of, but a game needs to be good on all forms of controllers to begin with.

Since the first NFS game came out in 96', I've been playing driving games on a controller only, and Shift 2 and PCARS are the only odd ones out, IMHO.

Oh well, maybe they'll improve on a few aspects with the next iteration. Right now, it's just collecting dust, as I keep juggling between Hor 2 and FM5 (F5 mostly) and patiently waiting for FM6 to blow us to smithereens.

Bethesda confirmed consoles will support PC mods for Fallout 4. Could AC do the same?

I wonder how that would work? Do you upload files to a central server which can be downloaded across platforms? Or do you transfer files via USB from PC to console and have the game recognize it?

Also, I hope this isn't the start of passing off mods as paid DLC :scared: :nervous:

Wonder if user-made cars and content will be available on these console versions. I really love the 1999 BTCC Primera. Not playing too much ss I play on a MBPr with a res of 3360x2100, game res 1080p (huuuge border around the display so that's making me not play a lot).

Bethesda confirmed consoles will support PC mods for Fallout 4. Could AC do the same?

I would hope so, certainly brings the paint booth idea one step closer to happening and I would love it if that did come about.

In the recent update for AC it says; "The physics engine has been reworked to become completely multithreaded". Will that carry through to the PS4 version, will it be powerful enough to run a multithreaded physics model?

From what I have read the PS4 relies heavily on multithreading. So I would guess that one of the main reasons for making AC multithreaded - in addition to getting better performance/ffb on the PC - was in fact to make it run better on consoles. But this is just speculation on my part.

In a recent thread on the AC forums Stefano says this: "It's mostly a 1:1 port from PC, it builds from the same source code. The major differences are the UI, no mods, no python, no apps. But everything else is just like the PC.". Which bodes well for the console version me thinks. :)

From what I have read the PS4 relies heavily on multithreading. So I would guess that one of the main reasons for making AC multithreaded - in addition to getting better performance/ffb on the PC - was in fact to make it run better on consoles. But this is just speculation on my part.

In a recent thread on the AC forums Stefano says this: "It's mostly a 1:1 port from PC, it builds from the same source code. The major differences are the UI, no mods, no python, no apps. But everything else is just like the PC.". Which bodes well for the console version me thinks. :)

Really.. 1:1? I'll wait for X1 reviews to arrive first, thanks! :D

Well, I guess we can rule out the flying circus then.

I'm looking forward to playing AC on PS4, but since console versions don't support mods I think Kunos needs to work on adding more track locations, there's only 10 real track locations atm which is very unimpressive when compared to PCars' 26 real locations.

I'll only pick this up if A: Kunos add alot more cars and tracks or B: They allow mods to be used in some way on consoles.

Got to member that most track in Pcars are NOT laser scand all the tracks in Assetto Corsa are!
Except Zandvoort which isn't laser-scanned. I couldn't agree more with @JASON_ROCKS1998 that it needs more content. Mod support on consoles won't happen. They need to have as much content especially tracks as iRacing as a minimum.

Having said that though, there are other things such as career mode, multiplayer and AI that they need massive improvements as well. Not sure if casual gamers like to hot lap around laser-scanned tracks as much as we PC owners do. :lol:

Except Zandvoort which isn't laser-scanned. I couldn't agree more with @JASON_ROCKS1998 that it needs more content. Mod support on consoles won't happen. They need to have as much content especially tracks as iRacing as a minimum.

Having said that though, there are other things such as career mode, multiplayer and AI that they need massive improvements as well. Not sure if casual gamers like to hot lap around laser-scanned tracks as much as we PC owners do. :lol:

I love me some good hot lapping - don't even care what my times are. If I can get 40 hours of enjoyment out of the base game for $60 then it will have been worth it to me, but that is the base minimum I ask for. Fun racing, good online, more cars is always better.

Maybe this will help you work out what the game will contain.

12038938_10205046754802505_349769110617442956_o.jpg

That looks good to me. With the quality of the content, 100+ cars and 20+ tracks will be great. I also assume they'll be planning on releasing DLC for the consoles to keep interest in the game up and make more cash too, so this looks great to me.

I'd rather have 20 laser scanned tracks with the amazing attention to detail of AC, than even 30 tracks with glaring inaccuracies like some of the Pcars tracks have.

From what I have read the PS4 relies heavily on multithreading. So I would guess that one of the main reasons for making AC multithreaded - in addition to getting better performance/ffb on the PC - was in fact to make it run better on consoles.
Pretty much confirmed with a "like" by Stefano (Lord Kunos). So that should answer your question, @VBR.
That's not my post or quote, in case you're wondering. :)

LordKunos_1.jpg

Got a source for that?

No source, you can drive on the track and then check out videos and actual photos.. comments of real-life track drivers etc. There are too many sources; sorry not in the mood to copy/paste them all here. If you can spare the time, a little Googling will uncover many results.

Forza has had a reputation for keeping their tracks relatively smooth and flat. Love the bumps on Rio though. And the way cars go over curbs.. that's more convincing this time around. Sebring has a big bump around the final right hander.. that didn't make it into the game, for example.

No source, you can drive on the track and then check out videos and actual photos.. comments of real-life track drivers etc. There are too many sources; sorry not in the mood to copy/paste them all here. If you can spare the time, a little Googling will uncover many results.

Forza has had a reputation for keeping their tracks relatively smooth and flat. Love the bumps on Rio though. And the way cars go over curbs.. that's more convincing this time around. Sebring has a big bump around the final right hander.. that didn't make it into the game, for example.
You made the claim that Forza tracks are all laser scanned, it's yours to prove. Making false claims is against the AUP.

Got to remember that most track in Pcars are NOT laser scand all the tracks in Assetto Corsa are!

Almost true, Zandvoort is not laser scanned, still very good and very accurate, but not laser scanned. Technically Trento Bondone is not a track ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trento-Bondone_Hill_Climb ), it has been converted from Kunos previous SIM, NetKar Pro, but it is also not laser scanned.

So are Forza 5 & 6 tracks (allegedly) but there are inaccuracies.

Interesting concept here, what is the point to laser scanned a track, presumably for accuracy, but then modify it and remove some item to make it inaccurate?

Almost true, Zandvoort is not laser scanned, still very good and very accurate, but not laser scanned. Technically Trento Bondone is not a track ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trento-Bondone_Hill_Climb ), it has been converted from Kunos previous SIM, NetKar Pro, but it is also not laser scanned.

Interesting concept here, what is the point to laser scanned a track, presumably for accuracy, but then modify it and remove some item to make it inaccurate?

Laser scanning a track is one thing, how well it gets translated in the game is another. I do not know what kind of tech T10 are using, but it's not a 1:1 representation. Sebring and The Ring for example, are bumpier IRL, so is Sonoma.

You made the claim that Forza tracks are all laser scanned, it's yours to prove. Making false claims is against the AUP.

I reiterated what the developer has claimed. Looks like your research is a bit off.

Back