Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
I really don't understand the hate on the "new" ffb. It's not really new. It's just stronger. I had to seriously tone it down on my CSW2.5 on the ps4 pro. Really like the feeling now.

I think it is per wheel.. for me it seemed like it was bad at first but after I reset everything and redid my settings with a little lower gain it feels good on my T300. I think Logitech wheels there maybe an issue on consoles still from what I have read.

I run a csw2.5 via Drivehub. It behaves as a g 29 and feels perfecly fine

Many simracers wang too strong ffb. Unrealistic imo.

A cart has heavy streering. Racecars not perse.

Dial it down and then increase ffb and test step by step.

I really don't understand the hate on the "new" ffb. It's not really new. It's just stronger. I had to seriously tone it down on my CSW2.5 on the ps4 pro. Really like the feeling now.

It's less smooth, to much canned efects and a kind of "spring effect" that wasn't there...

Before 1.03 the FFB was like on PC version ...

But D3T LTD /505 games decided to add "Feedback changes for a more suited feel on console"

We didn't ask for new FFB, we want it as it is on PC.
Only thing users asked is to fix compatibility issues some wheels suffer (and still do)

Console users don't seems to understand that Fanatec & Thrustmaster has specific wheel FFB settings apart the in-game FFB settings ...the "problem" with Thrustmaster is that the specific wheel FFB settings you have to do them in the control panel on a PC, but it was really needed to achieve a global sublime FFB..

Instead of explain that 505games or make a guide for it , they changed the FFB, and it's quite worse now

That's why some of us are angry and disappointed..

I think it is per wheel.. for me it seemed like it was bad at first but after I reset everything and redid my settings with a little lower gain it feels good on my T300. I think Logitech wheels there maybe an issue on consoles still from what I have read.

FYI - I use a G29 for now and the update completely fixed it once I researched and adjusted the settings. Pre-1.03 I could not drive on, among many others, my most favorite circuit, Bathurst, due to the light, uncontrollable, airborne feeling on high speed corners that drop away from you (mostly on decent T10-T14)....jump to post patch - the down force is apparent and grip levels feel much more realistic based on my very limited IRL experience. Brands Hatch, another fav of mine, has also been improved tenfold! Thanks Kunos, in my opinion this was a huge step in the correct direction.

I'll try your settings,I have a base PS4 but I play it on my Xbox one x,should I get it on the PS4?,is it better?

Not sure about XB but post 1.03, I am loving the G29 ffb on my base PS4 and I cannot stop playing this sim...I am afraid that when they deliver ACC or AC2 on PS5, my life outside of sim racing may be ruined...haha

Last edited by a moderator:
I played it for a few hours on my dads ps4 pro today. Very great at 60 frames !. You can't run more than about 12 cars during a race without dropping below 60 but 12 cars is enough. It's the same story on PC's though you need monster ram speed and pretty decent cpu/s to run 30 cars on a PC. As above it's quite good on the G29 post 1.03 , It was pretty terrible before but now you can feel the track pulling the wheel and going light etc, still quite far from real life.. but it's decent now. It was unplayable on the G29 before 1.03, legit terrible junk.

Last edited:
Well it’s just happened. I have just lost absolutely everything I’ve done on this game. Save data corrupted. Right now I just feel like I’m done with it. I mean what’s the point if this stuff still happens.

Does the GT4 pack require ver1. 5? Or we might still have a lower version when it comes out

Yes I does, just like the intercontinental DLC needed the 1.3.x version.

I think that in August/September they probably add the 1.4.x version , with the 2020 season liveries and phisycs /tyre upgrades (at least I hope so)

Still a few bugs to iron out methinks!

I am starting to enjoy the game more since the update and the ffb seems better now on the G29 PS4. I wish there was some settings to change the brake force on the pedal as default. It takes way too much pressure to get to full force.

take your pedals apart and remove 5mm from the rubber stopper in the brake pot. Just cut it down with a sharp knife.

gives 100% pressure at the stopper and makes trail braking much easier.

I am starting to enjoy the game more since the update and the ffb seems better now on the G29 PS4. I wish there was some settings to change the brake force on the pedal as default. It takes way too much pressure to get to full force.

I've never seen a race car break dance before.lol

A part of me wants to see the onboard for that :lol:

Have you tried increasing your brake gamma? Mine is at 1.9 and is perfect for me. Made a huge difference.

I'm thinking about buying this game.

How is experience with controller?

Is the matchmaking online working fine?

Mostly interested in playing online

I'm thinking about buying this game.

How is experience with controller?

Is the matchmaking online working fine?

Mostly interested in playing online

Have not played online yet, but I can tell you that ever since the 60fps patch ACC plays great with a controller.

Yesterday I finished the 2 hour race in carreer mode on Monze. Great fun. Until the last minute I got a message that the driver stint was over. I did not know that you have to switch drivers. I got dq for that. Oh well :)

Went back too the base game and turned off network so wouldn't install 1.3 and done the 2160 res start game and change res too 1080p, runs great, looks way better apart from replays which are stuttery but boy it's night and day in feel and driveability. If they could revert it back too that in another patch be great, somethings not right with the tyre feel in the latest patch. hear alot less tyre scrubbing in base version.

Last edited:
Back