Assetto Corsa Console Update 1.14 Thread — Releases May 17

Managed to open a lobby, but the pings we have are crazy. Everyone has a ping > 250. We have no problems in PCars or in the public lobbies of AC. Man, why does it not work properly. The driving feels so good, but not much to do when you want to have online races with your club.

Managed to open a lobby, but the pings we have are crazy. Everyone has a ping > 250. We have no problems in PCars or in the public lobbies of AC. Man, why does it not work properly. The driving feels so good, but not much to do when you want to have online races with your club.
It took them almost a year to get these custom lobbies into the game. Can you really be shocked that there are some glitches that will need some tweaking? I agree, you deserve a perfectly working online lobby experience. I'm sure there will be improvements made to it.

Can you see where the other people are from? Like a country flag next to their names, so you know where they're connecting from? Can you sort by or limit those you see by geographical region? It's been so long, but I thought we could do that in GT6's online section. Aren't you able to limit showing servers only from North America or Europe? Or can you get even more specific, like America, Canada, France? All I remember is that GT6 had a pretty simple, yet effect way to list available rooms. Oh, I remember I could ask to only see lobbies my PS3 friends were in. That was a smart option too.

In AC, on street tyres, the Elise just understeers... even if you give it a massive 'bung' on entry. With the nose locked, you can just step off the gas with zero risk of the back coming round, and you can jump on the gas with zero risk of oversteer. It's as if the rotation point is positioned directly over the rear wheels, making it impossible to load the front tyres properly.

Your post inspired me to take the Elise SC around Brands Hatch. Green track, street tires, TC off and even slightly lower pressure on all four tires. I did experience lift-off oversteer on corner entry and those so-called "bungs" were more than enough to send me sideways and steer through the corners using the throttle. I'm not saying AC physics are flawless or that Kunos got the Elise entirely right, but the car is definitely not all about understeer in AC.

I have adjusted tyre pressures.

I've been playing the AC for c.4 months, and I'm one of only 8 players to have the PS4 platinum trophy... I know how to set cars up to make them handle!

Yeah, if Stotty said so, it must be so because he is one of the best 8 players with platimum trophy. You guys all get that, he is the BOSS! jokking :)

I agree with Stotty previous posts to some extend. The normal cars dont seem to rotate at all even under full power turn. In many scenarios, the cars tend to understeer by default. The only exception would be Porsche cars which are very balance and fun to drive. The understeering problem is hardly cured with lifting including full lift. Tapping the brake does help but that is slowing down too much. Some may argue that you should enter the corner slower and brake ealier. My counter argument to that is no matter if you brake early, brake a bit late, early on power,late on power etc rarely can get you any oversteering. My speculation is that the less power the cars, the more it tends to understeer. The grip level seems about right so track grip, tire grip is fine. The understeering is a different issue.

In the opposite spectrum with the hyper cars like the Mcclaren P1, they snap in oversteer so easily even driving on straight. Those cars seem very dangerous to drive. This reinforces my speculation more. May be AC uses power as one of the main factors that calculate how much potential a car can rotate?

What i disagree with Stotty would be weight transfer simulation. I though AC nails that at least visually. I can see body lean and nose diving and force feedback subtle feeling throguh T300. What i even like is the little jerk on wheel with gear shift. I thought that is brilliant.

I know a few were saying earlier you couldn't get rid of the wheel in FOV options, and I know this may seem obvious to you AC legends but if you click the touchpad on DS4 (views) the cockpit shows one with the wheel in full view and one without and then adjust the FOV. This picture is just default one click on touchpad. (If you mean how to get the dash cam view then ignore me :sly:) I think from all my years on Controller I still prefer to see a wheel even though I am on a wheel! I will try all other views but seem to keep coming back to this default set up.
p.s Ignore my times I was on Slicks and messing around (even though I was in Pole somehow as I really enjoy stretching the cars on this Highland Long track), and since adding street tyres I make it round the corners on all four wheels :lol: Also I don't remember seeing so much mud/dirt on the cars after only 2-3 laps has this been added in the last few updates or unique to Highlands? (see other pic)
Assetto Corsa_32.jpg Assetto Corsa_35.jpg

It took them almost a year to get these custom lobbies into the game. Can you really be shocked that there are some glitches that will need some tweaking? I agree, you deserve a perfectly working online lobby experience. I'm sure there will be improvements made to it.

Can you see where the other people are from? Like a country flag next to their names, so you know where they're connecting from? Can you sort by or limit those you see by geographical region? It's been so long, but I thought we could do that in GT6's online section. Aren't you able to limit showing servers only from North America or Europe? Or can you get even more specific, like America, Canada, France? All I remember is that GT6 had a pretty simple, yet effect way to list available rooms. Oh, I remember I could ask to only see lobbies my PS3 friends were in. That was a smart option too.

We are all from europe and never had problems in PCars. Pings are a bit hit and miss at the moment. Later we opened a lobby with perfect pings. Hope they sort it out quick.

I know a few were saying earlier you couldn't get rid of the wheel in FOV options, and I know this may seem obvious to you AC legends but if you click the touchpad on DS4 (views) the cockpit shows one with the wheel in full view and one without and then adjust the FOV. This picture is just default one click on touchpad. (If you mean how to get the dash cam view then ignore me :sly:) I think from all my years on Controller I still prefer to see a wheel even though I am on a wheel! I will try all other views but seem to keep coming back to this default set up.
p.s Ignore my times I was on Slicks and messing around (even though I was in Pole somehow as I really enjoy stretching the cars on this Highland Long track), and since adding street tyres I make it round the corners on all four wheels :lol: Also I don't remember seeing so much mud/dirt on the cars after only 2-3 laps has this been added in the last few updates or unique to Highlands? (see other pic)
View attachment 648160 View attachment 648161
Yep that 'wheelless' view is (also) my default but since I watched more inspiring Youtube vids from other AC racers I also started to use the cockpit+wheel view and adjust the tilt view. Still exploring and having a lot of fun with this renewed AC real sim 👍

PS: great vids @HammyMansell . Real fun to watch and listen. Very creative how you mix the car/track with the right music. And the footage of e.g @Zakspeed_TV and @HavanaB0B are very helpfull for a newbie in setups and carhandling. Thx!!

Last edited:
Yeah, if Stotty said so, it must be so because he is one of the best 8 players with platimum trophy. You guys all get that, he is the BOSS! jokking :)

Yeah, sorry, didn't mean to sound so arrogant, but when people ask questions without reading the previous posts, or checking who they responding to, it winds me up :D

I don't just post stuff off the top of my head without thinking or testing!

Yeah, sorry, didn't mean to sound so arrogant, but when people ask questions without reading the previous posts, or checking who they responding to, it winds me up :D

I don't just post stuff off the top of my head without thinking or testing!
No. You didn't sound arrogant at all. I know @FSportIS - he was just joking, I promise. I apologize that some people were coming down on you, like you're some kind of n00b. I've tried to stress that you know what you're talking about as much as any other person in this forum, and probably more than most.

So i started the first round of my custom championship at Barcelona in the GT3 class - i came a very lonely 3rd out of 16...with the two Ferrari 458's with a massive lead of over 10 seconds! Will they dominate every race?!

Yep that 'wheelless' view is (also) my default but since I watched more inspiring Youtube vids from other AC racers I also started to use the cockpit+wheel view and adjust the tilt view. Still exploring and having a lot of fun with this renewed AC real sim 👍

PS: great vids @HammyMansell . Real fun to watch and listen. Very creative how you mix the car/track with the right music. And the footage of e.g @Zakspeed_TV and @HavanaB0B are very helpfull for a newbie in setups and carhandling. Thx!!

You're welcome my friend, pleased to entertain you, and others. Feel free to sub me of course, as more videos coming, when i get time to make them that is lol!!

The game gets better and better!! 👍

So i started the first round of my custom championship at Barcelona in the GT3 class - i came a very lonely 3rd out of 16...with the two Ferrari 458's with a massive lead of over 10 seconds! Will they dominate every race?!
If they do...No biggie - it's still experienced gained. Plus, you can just lie to us and say you dominated those wimpy AI drivers. :sly: :P I was just about to start a new Championship as well, but now with the new AI settings I think I'll wait until the new adjustment options are added to Content Manager.

In other news...I tried both the Audi & Toyota LMPs a few hours ago. Now I remember why I loved those cars in GT6 so much. I know, the Audi was really a different version in GT6. They're still similarly designed, I think. I was really surprised at how well I could see out of the windows of the Audi R18. The sounds of that thing are pretty cool. I think I'm going to have to drive it with the steering wheel visible. I'm guessing it has RPM information as I didn't spot a tachometer anywhere else inside. Although, I guess I could just rely on SideKick. I kept getting the Engine Damage pop-up display...and I was driving with damage only set to 10%. I think Aris said that you want to shift around 4800 RPM...but like I said, I don't have a visual tach. :boggled:

I'm a big fan of the work of Tiago Lima. However, I really wish he would perform some upgrades to his version of Circuit de la Sarthe. Mainly, I wish that he would re-work some of the track boundaries. There are many places on the track where you can get an Off-Track Penalty for 1 wheel touching a white line. Tetre Rouge is oddly defined as well because the tarmac that Tiago Lima deems valid isn't blocked by the standard white lines. Turn in just a teeny bit early - Penalty! Go just a tad wide - Penalty!

I started a 30 car race on LeMans this morning with all LMP1 cars (except for an Oreca FLM-09 & one Deltawing). I had to quit because I kept getting penalties that required me to slow down to 20MPH or something else...I can't remember what it is. The AI drivers weren't being penalized, of course. I'm going to try re-running the race later today, but I'll be turning penalties off which I feel bad about doing.

Oh, isn't there a mod to expand the available number of drivers? I was hoping to run a 50 car race. Is anyone aware of such a mod to expand the number of driver slots on Le Mans? @Lewis_Hamilton_ did you manually edit something to allow those 50+ cars you run in that video of yours that I love so much?

I kept getting the Engine Damage pop-up display...and I was driving with damage only set to 10%. I think Aris said that you want to shift around 4800 RPM...but like I said, I don't have a visual tach. :boggled:

I don't see a reason why you would get engine damage from improper shifting in the R18. Doesn't the thing come with rev-limiter and downshift protection?

I don't see a reason why you would get engine damage from improper shifting in the R18. Doesn't the thing come with rev-limiter and downshift protection?
I don't have the answers to that question, but I do know there was some discussion about it on the official forums. I'll try to see if I can find it.

IRL, I've driven a few versions of the Elise over the years and they are lovely things to drive... they feel like they are rotating round the drivers seat. Yes, they will understeer if you push the front way too hard on the way in to a corner, but get your entry speed right, load the front and rear tyres equally, and you can trim your line by just easing or increasing the amount of throttle - lift a fraction and the nose tightens, a bit more gas and the car pushes, a lot more gas and the car oversteers.

In fast corners, you have to be super careful on turn in as they will snap oversteer massively if you turn in too hard off the throttle (rear unweighted).
This is my best attempt to recreate this behavior.
Lotus Elise SC
Track Surface Green
Ambient Temp. 25°C
Clear Weather
Fuel Consumption ON
Tyre Wear 1x
All AIDS OFF
Damage OFF
Tyres-Street(ST)
Air pressure front 26psi rear 26psi.
Fuel liters 30.
Camber front -1.7 rear -1.7
Toe front 0 rear 0

Now comes the complicated part :D

Snapshot_20170520_1.JPG

You have to lean the car against a wall or some other barrier and wear the rear tires as in the picture.The surface must be flat or the wear will be unequal(the difference in the core temperature must not be more than 1°C.Wear the rear tyres until tyre wear indicator turns red.(It will take about four minutes)Then wait for the temperature to drop to about 50°C and you're ready to go.
I can recreate this on PC by simply replace the front tyres with rear tyres from the same car but this is not possible on console.This car has front 175/40/R16 rear 225/35/R17 tyres and I make them front 225/35/R17 rear 225/35/R17.

Do not feel obliged to try this setup.:)

Last edited:
How are people finding the lobbies on PS4? A lot have been saying they keep crashing and just not stable.
I have yet to have an issue while joining one (asides from the 55 minute practice & qualifying sessions). They have all been stable and lag free for me so far.

I have yet to create one myself, so I can't comment on the stability of creating a room myself.

Oh, isn't there a mod to expand the available number of drivers? I was hoping to run a 50 car race. Is anyone aware of such a mod to expand the number of driver slots on Le Mans? @Lewis_Hamilton_ did you manually edit something to allow those 50+ cars you run in that video of yours that I love so much?

In one of Tiago Lima's much older versions, he allowed up to 52 pit boxes at La Sarthe but reduced that number in later revisions.

Somebody did increase the number of pit boxes on all of the official licensed circuits up until late last year I think, but they removed it from Race Department unfortunately and haven't been back for any new circuits since. Increased the Kunos limit of 24 up to between 32-40, I have no idea how to do it myself however. I wonder how easy or difficult it is to do.

Still exploring and having a lot of fun with this renewed AC real sim 👍

Yes totally agree I am also really enjoying this game again after neglecting it for PCars, GTSport and a few other PSVR/Forza/Rally/MXGP games (too many to choose from now), Highlands Long is a great new addition to test the cars out on even the slower road cars. The cars even as stock (no tuning) all have a great feel on the wheel and I am also enjoying some tough AI races. I have also found new settings out for DS4 (Help thread) and this has made the odd pick up and play game much more enjoyable too. :cheers: I am yet to try online lobbies but I may give it a go soon once I get more practice in.

Back