Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,825 comments
@GzeroD....
  • and the sound clips on your version at high revs (rev in neutral and you'll see)....
Careful! A lot of Legion's cars don't have a rev limiter.
The limiter is there, so you can see speeds per gear but the limiter frequency is such that it has no effect on the engine.
Typically there is a limit then some head room then the engine makes zero power and damage kicks in, then negative torque starts so you don't grenade the engine.

Last edited:
Share knowledge - teach others how to do it:)
I would also like for some mods (who have very bad physics) to copy data from the official car. But I don't know what to copy. Is that hard to explain? Maybe there's a reference to some kind of tutorial?

gladbecker82 was kind enough to make us an easy tutorial in this forum. Search for it, there are some easy steps. Don't forget to adjust graphically the car in suspensions.ini and the help of the custom room like is described in the tutorial.

I finally changed the BTCC Simdream Legends 1 cars physics and swapped them with the Nissan Primera P11 BTCC mod. Incredible, all those cars now have the same amazing physics as the mod.

Good enough for my private fun.

A difficult path that leads to a proper mod that drives, handles
Yes, it is... But it takes a lot of time even for one car.. And if I'm collecting a grid of cars that should be equal in speed?
I just want to bring some cars to the parameters of reference physics for myself, even though it will not correspond to the real prototype.
This is a simple way out that will give you the opportunity to drive and enjoy yourself.

It's a different thing, if you do it, and put it out for everyone - another wrong version.

gladbecker82 was kind enough to make us an easy tutorial in this forum. Search for it, there are some easy steps. Don't forget to adjust graphically the car in suspensions.ini and the help of the custom room like is described in the tutorial.

I finally changed the BTCC Simdream Legends 1 cars physics and swapped them with the Nissan Primera P11 BTCC mod. Incredible, all those cars now have the same amazing physics as the mod.

Good enough for my private fun.
this one
you can of course also remove the brakes folder if you wanna add in some from anotther car.
dataswap.png

I'll take another pass at it. The main problem was the VERY high poly model, but lately I have got better at reducing poly counts so revisiting the car may be worth while.
so true!

also, inside the car almost every label is flickering.
Still is one of the most beautiful cars around and surely deserved some love

so true!

also, inside the car almost every label is flickering....

check in the 3d model with 3dsimED or 3dsmax, that there are no double faces on the objects.
if there are no double faces, than move the object a few cents from the adjacent object (usually dashboard).

check also the shader proprieties ... use alpha blending if the texture is dds with a correctly set transparency or alpha testing if it is png

Thanks mate, but his hand moves towards the centre of the wheel (clipping through the rim) before reaching for the stick. Is there one where he just reaches for the stick without doing jazz hands first..?
;)
Probably, but I have not found it yet.;)
Meanwhile this driver is fit for vr.:)

This morning I downloaded and set crewchief, very nice, I already know I will not drive without it, if you have not yet, give it a chance. Highly recommended.

Attachments

• driver3d.zip
    432 bytes · Views: 18
Last edited:
Guys sorry i made a mess of my silverstone GP track AI lines. Can anyone give me the kunos original ai lines or a custom one they use that is good, cheers.
It's the main track i use and I have cars going all over the place in a straight line.

@Electroforce

just started a few hours ago... dashboard, new instruments, lights, a bunch of materials redone, a few fictional skins... but a lot more to do.
It is the first time that I have seen jpg textures to be implemented; had no idea that AC could handle these... anyway, I'll redo everything with the standard dds textures, the usual way.

It will take a week or so for sure... till than you can find the original version at assettoland under Ford... pretty cool handling as it is, but I'll bring it to 280 kmh and redo the suspensions and things the way I like it (will leave an S1 version tho, with the original physics, with leaf springs 'cause, as said, it handles pretty well as is)
Compliments to Donnie Heerdt and Assetto Corsa Fanboy ! great car !

This morning I downloaded and set crewchief, very nice, I already know I will not drive without it, if you have not yet, give it a chance. Highly recommended.
Dude, Crew Chief is awesome. How have you not used him until now? I highly recommend putting CC audio through your Rift headset too, so it's like in-helmet pit comms.
Use Micha as your spotter too. He's great.

Dude, Crew Chief is awesome. How have you not used him until now? I highly recommend putting CC audio through your Rift headset too, so it's like in-helmet pit comms.

Crew Chief is one thing I haven't tried or installed.
A brief rundown of where, installation, enabling etc? thanks Masscot.

Crew Chief is one thing I haven't tried or installed.
A brief rundown of where, installation, enabling etc? thanks Masscot.

Best app for AC alongside CM/CSP/Sol.
I can't remember too much about installation as it was such a long time ago, except it was easy. You might be better asking @Cote Dazur , as he's just done it.
I think I got my info from the thread on the Kunos forums..?
There's a discord which is probably more up to date, so here's an invitation:
https://discord.gg/6USjCRw

Thank you for this post! How in earth have I missed this, just changed my races, guy knows my name... Mega

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back