Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
I'm wondering if it's one of these. I typically have them off to save fps on my older system, but I'll give them a go for a second to see what happens. Could always be one of the sub-options of those too. Or maybe unrelated at all! :lol: But that's all a part of debugging
I know what's causing the issue in my case: a incompatibility between the track and the BLM lights app. It has been the case for other tracks before this one. Each time @Blamer had to fix something because the track authors forgot about it (afaik).
Turning the app off makes the track work, turning it on again the track refuses to work.
But since there are people not using the BLM lights app and also having a game crash when using the track there must be something more than that...

Last edited:
I know what's causing the issue in my case: a incompatibility between the track and the BLM lights app. It has been the case for other tracks before this one. Each time @Blamer had to fix something because the track authors forgot about it (afaik).
Turning the app off make sthe track work, turning it on again the track refuses to work.
But since there are people not using the BLM lights app and also having a game crash when using the track there must be something more than that...

Ah, okay. I was about to say - my test worked with all those settings enabled, but I'm also not using BLM lights. I'll leave it up to Lilski to figure out :boggled:

@letsdothis97 thanks very much for the SGT GT500 mod pack - it looks fantastic.
One request: is there any chance you could please remove the road reflection from the windscreen sun strips? This is a perennial problem with a lot of mod cars, it always gets complained about and it's incredibly distracting (and unrealistic) in cockpit view. It renders cars pretty much unusable for me in VR so I've only driven for about 50 metres before having to stop. I'm pretty sure this same issue has been raised before in earlier versions of these cars. Thanks.
(edit: I've only tested the HSV so not sure if others are affected)

Last edited:
Here is the fourth part of my Pit Boxes Extension Project:

Eastern Asia Trackpack, including the following tracks:
- Shanghai NFS by Assetto Corsa Fanboy -> pits extended from 14 to 28
- Matra-Park by thestrobe8 -> pits extended from 14 to 26
- Tsukuba Circuit by Tiago Lima -> pits extended from 22 to 24 (sorry about this one being only +2 pits, had some troubles)
- Guangdong International Circuit by -> pits extended from 20 to 24
- Ordos International Circuit by GTSupreme and TonyB -> pits extended from 14 to 30

Just 5 tracks and sometimes not many more extra pits, I know this is not a big deal, but maybe someone will find them useful :)

I created separate layouts for all these tracks with extended pit boxes and start positions. Just download and drop into your track file, it won't overwrite anything. You do need the have the original track though.

If you don't have some of these tracks, there are links to download them in the Readme files. Get them first and then install my pits extension.

@LiquidSkyMan created new AI lines, track limits, outlines and map for Ordos International Circuit, thanks to him racing should finally be possible on this track :)

IMPORTANT: Please make sure to read the "Important - readme first" files, just to avoid any problems.

NOTE: I don't guarantee that your system will handle all this tracks with extra AI cars, for example mine can handle around 23-25 AI cars and that's it.

LINK: https://mega.nz/folder/naZFkQQb#aPbxAk55oWjQPtgprfFdbQ

Big thanks to:
@slider666 for teaching me how to add pits properly and helping with various problems and questions, it wouldn't be possible without his help!
@Fanapryde for taking the time to create previews for each track, it's a huge Quality of Life improvement.
@LiquidSkyMan for doing his AI magic and also providing me with some excellent music to listen to while modding :)

I will release 2 more Trackpacks, next one will be called "South American Trackpack" and will include 5 tracks. I should post it in the next few days :)

Here are the links to the other pits extensions I made:
Oceanic Trackpack:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1092#post-13090659

Northern Europe Trackpack (including Jyllands-Ringen):
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1075#post-13086845

Southern Europe Trackpack:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1060#post-13083653

Have a nice day :cheers:

Isn't she on the FM7 tracklist? I don’t have xbox, and FM4 / FM7, I can only judge these tracks on the basis of mods for AC, I probably mixed up with FM4, but for some reason I was sure that this track is available in FM7..

Unavailable in FM5-6-7, sadly. Lost the license. Isn't the AC mod a GT6 port anyway ?

Updated Donkervoort GT4. Plateless. Check it to make sure I haven't fluxed anything and update your links.
-----------------LINKY----------------

---:cheers:---

That option is not exclusive. Unless you have change controls something something on. Can't remember, it was years ago.

Or rather if your control scheme has the gated shifter mapped then the above option forces that, so use CM to save control sets without the gated shifter mapped and you can drive any car with any control scheme you choose.

Plateless GT4 Donk is the best choice imo, thanks.
About the shifter, yeah, I tend to forget that not everybody has a geted shifter mapped. For those who do, the data change is needed right ?

That is so awesome!!!! I'm so glad, and humbly honoured, to have inspired you to make these filters! I'm lost for words, really. I have a background in photography. There's a very long story, which I don't think I should get into at this time, about how it all began, and how it ultimately ended. But with that aside, I want to return to doing what I once loved. I've recently been revisiting my old photo archive, and I'm in the process of putting together a new collection of my old works. All will be revealed one day, but it's not something I'm in any rush to complete. But with that, I haven't used Photoshop in a long time, so I've been doing a lot of random things to reinvigorate my creativity, to relearn the processes I once used, and to reinvent my artistic side. One of the major things that's helped has been editing AC screenshots. I never once thought that it could be used as an inspiration for others, but here we are. I can't express what this means to me. I'm trying not to get too deep here, but this really makes my efforts feel validated, and I can't thank you enough!

The filters are absolutely fantastic, by the way! I feel they really capture the classic look I was going for. My computer is a potato, so it's unfortunate that I can't use them during gameplay, but I have a so-called "Screenshot Mode" in CM which runs AC at about 10-15fps, which although is a slideshow, is good enough to take a few shots here and there. I just toggle it on and load up a replay to do so. I'll use these filters in my next set that I add to the photo thread, likely later tonight.

Thank you again @zuotoski! You did an excellent job! I can't wait to see more

Cheers!! :cheers:

Hi Patrick!
Thank you for your kind words and for letting me know how you felt. I may have a similar situation like yours related to photography. I started to like screenshooting when Pcars 1 was in development state, but behind it was car and photography passion (love it doesn't mean to know what I'm doing :D, but I try.) - but, as you said, it is a long story and here must not be the right place to tell.

Glad you like it and once again, thank you for inspire me to do something different.

Cheers! :cheers:

PS.: The screenshots you did using the filters with a touch of Photoshop are fantastic, by the way! :drool:

Plateless GT4 Donk is the best choice imo, thanks.
About the shifter, yeah, I tend to forget that not everybody has a geted shifter mapped. For those who do, the data change is needed right ?

I guess if you are not using CM.

But I'm now struggling to comprehend how my previous sentence can even exist.

BLM Lights 1.16

Added the possibility to avoid using the app with selected tracks
  • ver. 1.16
    • Now you can disable the app for selected tracks
just add the list of the tracks (a comma separated list) you don't want the app to work with in the excluded_user.ini file.

excluded_base.ini comes with the app and will be overwritten, so create your list using the excluded_user.ini file (you can create the file yourselves or let the app creates it the first time you open the app).

excluded-files.png

P.S. The name of the track you want to add to the list is the name of the main track's folder.
The excluded_base.ini file already comes with a couple of known 'problematic' tracks (LilSki's Road America and Singapore 2020). If you know of other tracks surely not working with BLM Lights, let me know, I'll add them to the base file.

Isn't she on the FM7 tracklist? I don’t have xbox, and FM4 / FM7, I can only judge these tracks on the basis of mods for AC, I probably mixed up with FM4, but for some reason I was sure that this track is available in FM7..

I can 10000 percent guarantee that Tsukuba is not in FM7 man. lol FM4, last time it was in Forza.

@letsdothis97 thanks very much for the SGT GT500 mod pack - it looks fantastic.
One request: is there any chance you could please remove the road reflection from the windscreen sun strips? This is a perennial problem with a lot of mod cars, it always gets complained about and it's incredibly distracting (and unrealistic) in cockpit view. It renders cars pretty much unusable for me in VR so I've only driven for about 50 metres before having to stop. I'm pretty sure this same issue has been raised before in earlier versions of these cars. Thanks.
(edit: I've only tested the HSV so not sure if others are affected)

I agree with. Even without VR, it's an annoying problem and often I will not use a mod because of it. Wonder if anyone knows how to create a work around?

I think it's zipped up a couple of times. Try unzipping it first, then again, then drag into CM.
Watch out, there are skins in there which weren't added to the cars first. No idea why they were released separately, but be aware.
Skins are "Circuit Hawaii" skins. They are Chivas's sponsors for this pack apparently and those separate skins are not authentic. I personally didn't install them.

Slightly off topic, I have some car mods that generate perfect sound, but when used as AI, generate very little to no sound during replay. I always found this interesting, but I have to admit, kinda bugs me a little, wondering whether there might be a hidden setting somewhere causing this, or perhaps this is considered normal? Anyway, just curious to know whether there might be anyone else that experiences this. Thanks guys!

I found I forgot some important fixes at singapore.
Helicopter has already been fixed, but other fixes will take time.
sorry

If things go well, Singapore Sling fix too.
I want time
Just tried Singapore 2020 for the first time since getting all my Rift/performance issues fixed and the track now runs very smooth and looks great for me. I guess my Rift was in the process of dying when I last tried the track.
I know you're working on a few different fixes but you said the helicopters were already fixed - is it possible to push these out in the meantime? I'm really keen to understand more about track animations and what can be expected from the results.
Cheers, and thanks again for transforming Singapore 2020.

Here Is the Monza 62-66 Revamped V0.9

View attachment 917926

https://mega.nz/file/eQ42kKJb#ZfgrcbAURKCzRzc-rg5H42dcd3OUMQd26Hwe6G1N_6E
Modification of the Kunos Original Monza Classic, by Adding rails, spectator fences, modification vegetations, colliders, terrain aswell.
The revamped version doesn't overwrite anything from the basic game, it works like addon track simply

The 1962 version try to recreate Monza from 1959 to 1962, so not pitwalls, less rails etc.
The 1966 Version is an overhaul of Kunos one by adding details mainly.

This version is not final:
I'm not an expert of Assetto corsa modding and I must say that the base is faaaaar off accuracy, rFactor 2 one is way better.

To do:
Adding of rail in 62 for return straight line
Try to find a way to have the AO terrain map working for only these 2 version and not for the whole tracks
Adding again some details, and maybe try to make camera from spectator point of view
Adding parabolica GrandStand.

The 1970 and a bastardized 1972 version will come but later.

If you have some indications,please tell me or help it would be very usefull, and why not making some updates of Silverstone or Classic Kyalami in the future

Install:
Just drop the content folder in assetto corsa folder

Thanks a lot for your great work, really apreciated! :)
It's the details that give life / soul to track, original kunos monza_66 unfortunately lack soul, you give one to it, thanks mate! :)

Concerning the AI, don't know if it's even possible to do, but I ask anyway, the monza race (layout 1955 / 1971) was famous to be the fastest race, monza 1971 was the fastest race in history during decades, cars were really close one another, really packed, they overtake on the grass, the pole position changed almost at every lap etc...
Could it be possible to recreate that?

-could it be possible to extend track limit to let cars overtake and race on grass mostly on the main straight line before parabolica (last corner)?
-seems that they brake early before parabolica.
-there is a lot of crashs (was also the case with kunos base race) in the first corner , curva grande.

LiquidSkyMan

Heres a "short" vid of the eagle (its not short). this is the before. its getting a new engine and revamped aero and tires. this was just messing around with the engine maxed out. excuse my terrible braking i have the loadcell turned up way too high for heel toe. im not strong enough to push the thing and the gas at the same time with 100% force. i was just documenting this before putting the new stuff on it hopefully this week. figured you guys might want to see it. it should have been a lap at watkins glen :/ that's where the official test will be. anyhow its still a WIP...this is just one of the test cars.

Just how tall is that driver? 5'2"? 4'8"? Shorter?

Thanks a lot for your great work, really apreciated! :)
It's the details that give life / soul to track, original kunos monza_66 unfortunately lack soul, you give one to it, thanks mate! :)

Concerning the AI, don't know if it's even possible to do, but I ask anyway, the monza race (layout 1955 / 1971) was famous to be the fastest race, monza 1971 was the fastest race in history during decades, cars were really close one another, really packed, they overtake on the grass, the pole position changed almost at every lap etc...
Could it be possible to recreate that?

-could it be possible to extend track limit to let cars overtake and race on grass mostly on the main straight line before parabolica (last corner)?
-seems that they brake early before parabolica.
-there is a lot of crashs (was also the case with kunos base race) in the first corner , curva grande.

LiquidSkyMan

I will see if i can make them faster

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back