Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

  • Thread starter Thread starter daan
  • 157,787 comments
  • 52,025,257 views
Many thanks Portakal.

It worked very well. In my case I had to delete aswell some track files with 4.0kb and 16.0kb. Left only the MB tracks.
On last question, sorry for the ignorant one. Those files didn't mess my original tracks, when I installed them?

Cheers,
Paulo
No, your tracks are safe. I do this everytime Fanapryde releases an update.
 
@Shaun Clarke Radical SR3 Skins?

I'm really enjoying the latest SR3 update. Of the few Radical mods available for AC, this is the best we have.

In case I missed it, is the body model going to be updated again, or can someone start developing skins for it?

I remember a GTR2 Radical mod that had a lot of skins. They might be a good reference, but of course, they're low quality, and definitely won't work on your model.

[EDIT] Shaun, I think you and I were posting at the same time, and you kinda answered by question.
 
Well, what the hell...new preview pics.......bit nuts?

content manager.exe Screenshot 2020.05.20 - 19.15.25.71.png
 
Cool, I'll grab that and have a look through. If there's any in particular you want let me know and I'll see what i can do.

I remember I had a set of skins for either the SR3 or SR8 that included a nice MOMO skin and quite a few others.

I've looked through this one, and I'm not seeing much, other than standard accented color skins.

Unfortunately, I backed up my copy of GTR2 with all its' mods, and removed it from my sim-racing PC. I'll need to hook up that drive to see if I can find what I can find.
 
You might see if you can find anything useful in this old GTR2 mod. It's been a while since I've looked at mods for it.

https://esport-racing.de/radical-sr3/

Err I can't see any skins in that mod as GTR2 has a different system to AC for skins.
I'll have a look online and see what I can find later, but yeah if you can find anything it would be most useful :D

Another EDIT: I can do a Gulf one and maybe the Rothmans one too, and I think I've seen the MOMO one somewhere so will stick that on the list as well
 
Err I can't see any skins in that mod as GTR2 has a different system to AC for skins.
I'll have a look online and see what I can find later, but yeah if you can find anything it would be most useful :D

Another EDIT: I can do a Gulf one and maybe the Rothmans one too, and I think I've seen the MOMO one somewhere so will stick that on the list as well

Yes, I hardly remember how to find the right files for GTR2, and I think you need to use a conversion app to open and save them.

I'd say even the basic "R" design would be good, but I don't think they use that logo any longer, but rather the one that looks like a road.

Being that it's more of a "privateer" type of racing, with some sponsors, you can probably be pretty creative. You might put some designs together, but do so as a real driver and team would. Many have sponsors, but they're relatively economical to race, so the designs can vary.

I'd personally like to have a Puma, BenQ, Oculus, Thrustmaster livery, as those are common brands I use. I might at least put something together for myself... of course once I get started, sometimes I can't stop.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Shaun Clarke

Radical front fender louvers?

Are front louvers going to be added to the model? I've looked through versions of the SR3, and they all have the louvers/vents to reduce positive pressure in the wheel wells. I know it's an aesthetic thing in a simulated car, but it's one of the most noticeable features when you sit in one.
 
@Shaun Clarke

Radical front fender louvers?

Are front louvers going to be added to the model? I've looked through versions of the SR3, and they all have the louvers/vents to reduce positive pressure in the wheel wells. I know it's an aesthetic thing in a simulated car, but it's one of the most noticeable features when you sit in one.

Care to show a pic please?
 
This looks awesome...Can I hand this over to a physics guy to take a look at making into a proper beast?

Oh and I know someone else mentioned it but would you consider using another host like MEGA or even Sharemods just because Megaupload is slow - like PROPERRRRRR slow :D

These are the real technical data of the V8 DTM
Power 1990-1992: 420 HP ---> 462 HP
Gearbox: 6-speed all-wheel drive
Weight. 1220 Kg-1300 Kg
 
Last edited:
Does anybody know where to find these tracks? They are not paid mods etc and gogle brings up nothing but a link to this thread from a post by mrtomcat66? Sorry for asking but i cant find them and google links back here?

London City (from NSF Shift 2)
Milan Castello Circuit (from GRID)
Shanghai City (from NFS Shift 2)
Tokyo Harbour/Bay long + short (from NFS Shift)

https://sharemods.com/42o5s8tha2cf/acf_milan_castello_circuit.7z.html
https://sharemods.com/5gl6jqaghipm/London.7z.html
https://sharemods.com/d6p8nghqiv8e/motorfaqNFStokioshort.7z.html
https://sharemods.com/31f4q59khaqn/mshanghai.7z.html
https://sharemods.com/3szqcrkwesc9/tokyo-bay.7z.html

Enjoy.
 
@Shaun Clarke

Well, this one doesn't have the louvers. I wonder if it's an option, or you might need to change out the front section for rain to reduce the spray (though it probably doesn't make much difference).

At the beginning of the video, you can see the other car (black) does have them.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
@imported_ApexVGear oh crap, that have seem to disapeared on the re-model of the front, damn. We have taken photos of the 2019/202 version so maybe they are not there anymore.

Thank you for pointing this out, I will investigate

Shaun
 
@imported_ApexVGear Nope, they are not there anymore

I figured it out--new "CFD" design to improve aerodynamics. This is from the Radical web site. The new 2020 design, with the new front diffuser, and "double-tunnel" likely pulls air out of the wheel arches, sends it under the car, and top louvers may no longer be needed.

"Advances in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) modelling have seen the SR3 RSX gain a redesigned front diffuser. This features a 'double-tunnel' profile from leading edge to rear and for the first time integrates into the wheelarch leading edges for improved airflow. This in turn improves the front aerodynamic efficiency of the car without compromising front-rear balance, and also creates greater stability under braking."

http://www.radicalnorthwest.com/radical-sr3-rsx/

p4.jpg
 
The volvo crashes CM for me, says error missing kn lod file? Anyone else?
These Kamachi cars have wonderful looking skins.

Open the data folder and edit the lods.ini file. Remove all entries from [Lod_1] down coz those lods are not available atm. I'd also suggest that in the [Lod_0] section that you change OUT=23 to something like OUT=200

You will also have to re-assign a different sound to the car in CM otherwise you will have no engine sound. This is a great version of the model by GzeroD, just not finished yet.

EDIT: I just found the extra lods in the unpacked folder in fbx format, nice
 
Last edited:
I will just say this, Kevin Burke, a IRL Radical driver has been and is continuing to be amazing. the conversations we are having I wish I had them with people as dedicated as him on most of my mods, would of made a life alot easier.

Hats off to him for taking the time with me
 
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back