Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,993 comments
Ok, so I've got a little project going. There's a lot of tracks that have been made by multiple modders and I'm trying to determine the best version of these particular tracks. I've basically downloaded every single mod track I can find. I've downloaded every track available on this thread, everything from the classics forum, every track on racedepartment, every track on club, and digging around on other forums and mod sites I've amassed a collection of 1173 tracks (I've deleted a few absolutely rancid terrible unfinished / never should have been released tracks mostly from racedepartment) and while I'm sure I don't have all of them, I probably have most of them ever released. I'm planning on publishing the findings when it's done, but so far I'm just up to the D's. I'm going in alphabetical order and have about 300 tracks I've tagged as "duplicate".

Methodology
I've been going through the giant list of tracks and finding duplicates. Tracks that have historical variants of them (like Le Mans 1991 and Le Mans 1967) aren't considered duplicates since they are definitely their own thing. I'm more thinking like the 3 different versions of Albert Park or Gilles Villeneuve I have that are all from the same (or similar enough) era. I'm noting the differences in how they drive, how accurate they are, do they have other track layouts, features like AI, notable bugs, how nice (or not) they look, and whether the newer versions of them appear to be reworks of previous versions, etc.

Output
My plan for the end product is to make one large (or several small) forum posts here with a little review of each track with it's different versions and to point out the strengths and weaknesses with each one from a player's perspective rather than from a modder's perspective because really I'm not that great at making mods. It's definitely not meant to be a platform to trash the worst stuff, but more of a project meant to highlight some of the best stuff and spark discussions. And it's just fun to try out track mods.

Legacy
For some reason a lot of these older tracks have no information about who made them, where they came from, what version they are, etc. I'd love to give recognition to the people who made this stuff, and to try and track down the lineage of this stuff (like earlier rfactor versions, etc).

Insight from the people who make this stuff
This thread is full of the people who either make this stuff or are closely associated with the people who make this stuff. I'd love to get more info on things that modders have done specifically when reworking older stuff. Like, the Daytona by Legion appears to be a much improved version of an older track made by someone else (please correct me if I'm wrong here). I'd love to know more details about what was changed, what was kept, stuff like that, especially for reworked tracks like that.

Do you care?
Is this something anyone here is interested in reading? I'm still gonna do it for myself because it's fun, but if no one here cares I'll crawl back into my hole and just do it for myself :D

I have all of these so I can put up the ones @MrB00 doesn't have

Thank you guys, also this idea for track curation is a great idea!

Many thanks Portakal.

It worked very well. In my case I had to delete aswell some track files with 4.0kb and 16.0kb. Left only the MB tracks.
On last question, sorry for the ignorant one. Those files didn't mess my original tracks, when I installed them?

Cheers,
Paulo
No, your tracks are safe. I do this everytime Fanapryde releases an update.

@Shaun Clarke Radical SR3 Skins?

I'm really enjoying the latest SR3 update. Of the few Radical mods available for AC, this is the best we have.

In case I missed it, is the body model going to be updated again, or can someone start developing skins for it?

I remember a GTR2 Radical mod that had a lot of skins. They might be a good reference, but of course, they're low quality, and definitely won't work on your model.

[EDIT] Shaun, I think you and I were posting at the same time, and you kinda answered by question.

Well, what the hell...new preview pics.......bit nuts?

content manager.exe Screenshot 2020.05.20 - 19.15.25.71.png

Cool, I'll grab that and have a look through. If there's any in particular you want let me know and I'll see what i can do.

I remember I had a set of skins for either the SR3 or SR8 that included a nice MOMO skin and quite a few others.

I've looked through this one, and I'm not seeing much, other than standard accented color skins.

Unfortunately, I backed up my copy of GTR2 with all its' mods, and removed it from my sim-racing PC. I'll need to hook up that drive to see if I can find what I can find.

You might see if you can find anything useful in this old GTR2 mod. It's been a while since I've looked at mods for it.

https://esport-racing.de/radical-sr3/

Err I can't see any skins in that mod as GTR2 has a different system to AC for skins.
I'll have a look online and see what I can find later, but yeah if you can find anything it would be most useful :D

Another EDIT: I can do a Gulf one and maybe the Rothmans one too, and I think I've seen the MOMO one somewhere so will stick that on the list as well

Err I can't see any skins in that mod as GTR2 has a different system to AC for skins.
I'll have a look online and see what I can find later, but yeah if you can find anything it would be most useful :D

Another EDIT: I can do a Gulf one and maybe the Rothmans one too, and I think I've seen the MOMO one somewhere so will stick that on the list as well

Yes, I hardly remember how to find the right files for GTR2, and I think you need to use a conversion app to open and save them.

I'd say even the basic "R" design would be good, but I don't think they use that logo any longer, but rather the one that looks like a road.

Being that it's more of a "privateer" type of racing, with some sponsors, you can probably be pretty creative. You might put some designs together, but do so as a real driver and team would. Many have sponsors, but they're relatively economical to race, so the designs can vary.

I'd personally like to have a Puma, BenQ, Oculus, Thrustmaster livery, as those are common brands I use. I might at least put something together for myself... of course once I get started, sometimes I can't stop.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Shaun Clarke

Radical front fender louvers?

Are front louvers going to be added to the model? I've looked through versions of the SR3, and they all have the louvers/vents to reduce positive pressure in the wheel wells. I know it's an aesthetic thing in a simulated car, but it's one of the most noticeable features when you sit in one.

@Shaun Clarke

Radical front fender louvers?

Are front louvers going to be added to the model? I've looked through versions of the SR3, and they all have the louvers/vents to reduce positive pressure in the wheel wells. I know it's an aesthetic thing in a simulated car, but it's one of the most noticeable features when you sit in one.

Care to show a pic please?

This looks awesome...Can I hand this over to a physics guy to take a look at making into a proper beast?

Oh and I know someone else mentioned it but would you consider using another host like MEGA or even Sharemods just because Megaupload is slow - like PROPERRRRRR slow :D

These are the real technical data of the V8 DTM
Power 1990-1992: 420 HP ---> 462 HP
Gearbox: 6-speed all-wheel drive
Weight. 1220 Kg-1300 Kg

Last edited:
Does anybody know where to find these tracks? They are not paid mods etc and gogle brings up nothing but a link to this thread from a post by mrtomcat66? Sorry for asking but i cant find them and google links back here?

London City (from NSF Shift 2)
Milan Castello Circuit (from GRID)
Shanghai City (from NFS Shift 2)
Tokyo Harbour/Bay long + short (from NFS Shift)

https://sharemods.com/42o5s8tha2cf/acf_milan_castello_circuit.7z.html
https://sharemods.com/5gl6jqaghipm/London.7z.html
https://sharemods.com/d6p8nghqiv8e/motorfaqNFStokioshort.7z.html
https://sharemods.com/31f4q59khaqn/mshanghai.7z.html
https://sharemods.com/3szqcrkwesc9/tokyo-bay.7z.html

Enjoy.

@Shaun Clarke

Well, this one doesn't have the louvers. I wonder if it's an option, or you might need to change out the front section for rain to reduce the spray (though it probably doesn't make much difference).

At the beginning of the video, you can see the other car (black) does have them.

Last edited by a moderator:
@imported_ApexVGear Nope, they are not there anymore

I figured it out--new "CFD" design to improve aerodynamics. This is from the Radical web site. The new 2020 design, with the new front diffuser, and "double-tunnel" likely pulls air out of the wheel arches, sends it under the car, and top louvers may no longer be needed.

"Advances in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) modelling have seen the SR3 RSX gain a redesigned front diffuser. This features a 'double-tunnel' profile from leading edge to rear and for the first time integrates into the wheelarch leading edges for improved airflow. This in turn improves the front aerodynamic efficiency of the car without compromising front-rear balance, and also creates greater stability under braking."

http://www.radicalnorthwest.com/radical-sr3-rsx/

p4.jpg

The volvo crashes CM for me, says error missing kn lod file? Anyone else?
These Kamachi cars have wonderful looking skins.

Open the data folder and edit the lods.ini file. Remove all entries from [Lod_1] down coz those lods are not available atm. I'd also suggest that in the [Lod_0] section that you change OUT=23 to something like OUT=200

You will also have to re-assign a different sound to the car in CM otherwise you will have no engine sound. This is a great version of the model by GzeroD, just not finished yet.

EDIT: I just found the extra lods in the unpacked folder in fbx format, nice

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back