Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,159 comments
Thanks for the offer, I would definitely be interested in updating this track. What it needs most of all is a more accurate terrain, so I would start from there if you can find lidar data to work from. I've heard of a method of importing open street maps data (for buildings in this case) so I'll look into that further. I'd also like to add some CSP features. A better video would be useful too, thanks, although it's not the most urgent thing

BlenderGIS plugin can import building footprints into fbx format. I'm not sure if there are full 3d buildings on openstreetmap, at least I haven't seen any in areas I've looked, but maybe worth a shot?
https://github.com/domlysz/BlenderGIS

For the buildings you might also try https://github.com/eliemichel/MapsModelsImporter
It might take a lot of cleaning up of the data you can extract though, so maybe not worthwhile. Not sure if google maps has 3d data for your track, but this plugin was used to get photogrammetry terrain data for the kyalami 2016 track with impressive results. Discussion here: https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/kyalami-2016.1477/page-7#post-11006

Great thanks for this Peugeot! Looks and drives excellente!!
I agree on the looks, very nice, but I had high expectations for this car and now I'm not really happy with it.
For some reason it has a GT4 tag (it runs in the Supercar Challenge) , but it's slower than any other GT4 and I mean 10" a lap slower as the average (stock settings).
It also feels slow, it understeers (imo) way too much and on top of that the braking perf isn't good either. Tires overheat very fast too.
So, a lot to do in the setup, hopefully it will drive better...

I'm using an older version of sol I can change time of day in replays has this been changed in the latest version?

Not sure, but maibe. In some youtube videos produced months ago they change hour of time in replays without a problem like this one (it's in spanish but you can jump directly to this matter):

Thats ok. I dont mind at all. Just glad it came out for AC. Sharing is caring ✌️

I agree on the looks, very nice, but I had high expectations for this car and now I'm not really happy with it.
For some reason it has a GT4 tag (it runs in the Supercar Challenge) , but it's slower than any other GT4 and I mean 10" a lap slower as the average (stock settings).
It also feels slow, it understeers (imo) way too much and on top of that the braking perf isn't good either. Tires overheat very fast too.

Certainly needs some work but at least it's out there now. Rear suspension is from Kunos BMW Z4 GT3 but still needs fixing:

__custom_showroom_1589974395.jpg

Was also really looking forward to this, I hope it gets some updates, working wipers, LOD's etc.

BlenderGIS plugin can import building footprints into fbx format. I'm not sure if there are full 3d buildings on openstreetmap, at least I haven't seen any in areas I've looked, but maybe worth a shot?
https://github.com/domlysz/BlenderGIS

For the buildings you might also try https://github.com/eliemichel/MapsModelsImporter
It might take a lot of cleaning up of the data you can extract though, so maybe not worthwhile. Not sure if google maps has 3d data for your track, but this plugin was used to get photogrammetry terrain data for the kyalami 2016 track with impressive results. Discussion here: https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/kyalami-2016.1477/page-7#post-11006
Thanks for the links, I'll take a look at them later. I was looking at open street maps, but there's not a lot there. No google maps 3d stuff either, unfortunately. What I've learned so far - building stuff by hand piece by piece is a job for life... I'm sure Jim Pearson would agree

TBH I did a couple of laps and drove it like a streetcar and did not really push it. I also noticed the braking is different from other race cars of this type. You have to brake very early but maybe that's because I didn't warm it enough?

Ok then. The mistery thing is I actually can change the hour of time only in some random replays.
You are absolutely right. I tested at Nordschleife and then it actually changes the sky together with changing the time of day.
No idea ( --> and again that's no surprise for me) why some tracks do change and other don't. Sure that a more experienced Time of Day expert can show us the light again.

@The7thSense Did Assettoland use the skin you and I made or did they make their own in the end? It certainly looks like my jagged lines are still there :lol: :lol:

Shame it sounds like this car didn't get much love in the physics department though but it definitely looks good and those logos are spot on. :cheers:

You are absolutely right. I tested at Nordschleife and then it actually changes the sky together with changing the time of day.
No idea ( --> and again that's no surprise for me) why some tracks do change and other don't. Sure that a more experienced Time of Day expert can show us the light again.

Is this the Dan Busca audi?

New billboards for Driving Park Motor Sports Land II (what a name...)

Be sure to grab it in the next 7 days...

https://we.tl/t-6y3yTQGOeF

Removed all Driving sim companies like simbin, Iracing etc and replaced it with real billboards. Only Gran Turismo has been left.

Be sure to grab also the new extension.ini on discord - the track looks awesome now.

Sorry for the lack of pictures or links, i am just too lazy. ;)

@MrB00 They made their own skin for the car. When it comes to the physics, I have no idea whats wrong or right. All I know is that the testers of the car before release said it was not too far from the car in real life.

Since a couple of days I get AutoUpdate spammed in Content Manager with ASR F1 mod cars :-(
It has gotten so bad that now Content Manager actually crashes the moment I click on the hamburger menu, making installing any mod through CM impossible :-(

does anyone know how to completely disable mod auto updates in Content Manager? Somehow I missed this bit (I know it was discussed a few pages back but I cannot find it.

Be careful what you wish for - I accidentally disabled auto updates and now I can't update CM at all, no how, no way.

New billboards for Driving Park Motor Sports Land II (what a name...)

Be sure to grab it in the next 7 days...

https://we.tl/t-6y3yTQGOeF

Removed all Driving sim companies like simbin, Iracing etc and replaced it with real billboards. Only Gran Turismo has been left.

Be sure to grab also the new extension.ini on discord - the track looks awesome now.

Sorry for the lack of pictures or links, i am just too lazy. ;)

May I ask what track this is and where to find it? I can’t seem to find the track by googling that name?

Since a couple of days I get AutoUpdate spammed in Content Manager with ASR F1 mod cars :-(
It has gotten so bad that now Content Manager actually crashes the moment I click on the hamburger menu, making installing any mod through CM impossible :-(

does anyone know how to completely disable mod auto updates in Content Manager? Somehow I missed this bit (I know it was discussed a few pages back but I cannot find it.

As someone posted before (sorry, can't remember who was), We don't need to delete the link.
It is enough to add a * before it. And that way we do not forget the link.

hkma.png

Cheers

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back