Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,136 comments
@norms Err I just tried all the different versions and now the wheels turn.....I must be tripping or something as they definitely didn't turn the other night when i tried these out!!.
I did just install the update but I don't see any fixes so I'm a bit confused now lol

@norms Err I just tried all the different versions and now the wheels turn.....I must be tripping or something as they definitely didn't turn the other night when i tried these out!!.
I did just install the update but I don't see any fixes so I'm a bit confused now lol
Lol must be the same 4 walls you keep seeing day in day out making you see things that aren't there :dunce: :cheers:

Lol must be the same 4 walls you keep seeing day in day out making you see things that aren't there :dunce: :cheers:

Mate you're probably not wrong....I'm going stir crazy :boggled: :embarrassed:
But seriously it was the only reason i ended up wanting to chuck these in the bin. Not that I'm gonna drive them much but at least the wheels steer now!!

Lamborghini Gallardo GT2

by Velo

8 SKINS
1x skin by unknown, 1x skin by assetto garage, 6x skins by Velo

DOWNLOAD:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/gmcg4wvkd7p6onj/lamborghini_gallardo_gt2.7z/file
lambo_gt2.jpg

Lamborghini Gallardo GT2

by Velo

8 SKINS
1x skin by unknown, 1x skin by assetto garage, 6x skins by Velo

DOWNLOAD:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/gmcg4wvkd7p6onj/lamborghini_gallardo_gt2.7z/file
lambo_gt2.jpg

Just drove it. Very nice. However, you know how us VR users can be...

The fuel numbers for the display are floating inside the wheel rim, probably about 20-30cm out in front of the display. Also, the other display numbers aren't as bad, but they are slightly off-angle to the display. Send a message to Velo if you can.

I'm going back "in" to drive it some more, maybe some laps around Nurburgring.

The fuel numbers for the display are floating inside the wheel rim, probably about 20-30cm out in front of the display. Also, the other display numbers aren't as bad, but they are slightly off-angle to the display. Send a message to Velo if you can.

That would leave us to suspect that Velo does not use the VR's. And who know's if he'd even think about fixing it.
I won't even be able to try all of these out until tomorrow now. :(
Oh well, long list of fun to be had when I can fire it up.

A little stealy? Maybe tell him where it came from?

I'm not affiliated with any of this by the way.

Thanks, I found a link where they posted it, just need to be a member of Discord

Oh yeah, I got banned there because I criticized the owner's attitude, his illogical defenses of encryption and his inability to have a conversation without throwing childish insults at people. Shame cause that Porsche and Macca 720 ain't too bad (save for the lack of LODs when I downloaded them)

That would leave us to suspect that Velo does not use the VR's. And who know's if he'd even think about fixing it.

Change the relevant part of the data/digital_instruments.ini config with this:

Code:
[ITEM_2]
PARENT=int_digi_tach
POSITION=0.030,-0.026,-0.015
TYPE=FUEL
SIZE=0.015
COLOR=0,0,0,255
INTENSITY=1
FONT=led_big
POSTFIX=L
PREFIX=
ALIGN=:LEFT

That'll put it on the same plane as the rest of the LCD bits, but they're all at the wrong angle anyway - they really need properly aligning with the face of the Motec in a 3D prog.
Still, much better than it was before - you no longer feel like it's in danger of poking your eye out.

Last edited:
I need to pick your brains guys please.
My son has been here playing. He downloaded something called Winter Mod for the Nordschleife. I went to play and removed it.Now, I can start all other tracks as normal, but the green hell has snow and ice on it, even at track temp of 13 and air temp of 26C.i have hunted far and wide for 6 hours, but everytime I load up the green hell it has snow and ice, never mind what i set Sol to.
I checked integretary of local files but it replaced 22, still have the same problem.
Any ideas please?

Popeye, look in the track folder and make sure there is no 'texture' folder with winter textures overriding the normal textures. Also make sure winter textures didn't get put into the skins folder as default (can't remember the exact hierchy at the moment).

Gutbomb, thanks for posting those. Didn't ACF do a track called Dakota GP? I have not been able to find this one anywhere, but I do believe it was on ACF's YT page prior to his disappearance. Would you happen to have that one?

Change the relevant part of the data/digital_instruments.ini config with this:

Code:
[ITEM_2]
PARENT=int_digi_tach
TYPE=FUEL
SIZE=0.015
COLOR=0,0,0,255
INTENSITY=1
FONT=led_big
POSTFIX=L
PREFIX=

That'll put it on the same plane as the rest of the LCD bits, but they're all at the wrong angle anyway - they really need properly aligning with the face of the Motec in a 3D prog.
Still, much better than it was before - you no longer feel like it's in danger of poking your eye out.
Sorry, it was more borked than I thought. Use this instead.

Code:
[ITEM_2]
PARENT=int_digi_tach
TYPE=FUEL
SIZE=0.015
COLOR=0,0,0,255
INTENSITY=1
FONT=led_big
POSTFIX=L
PREFIX=

... and don't forget to fix the usual slippy-slidey hands on the steering wheel bollocks that modders just love to half-ass.

Code:
[STEER_ANIMATION]
NAME=steer.ksanim
LOCK=360

A little stealy? Maybe tell him where it came from?

I'm not affiliated with any of this by the way.

I recall Velo getting funny over his Aston DB5/6/??? from a couple of months back and writing a FB post about it because a few people here posted some of the things that were wrong with it but he went and fixed it anyways so he might do the same if we all moan about his mod here again - but seriously I'm sure firing off an email to him will yield some results. (or not lol)
@niko moraes if it's your skin just send him a message and ask him to credit you or remove it - I'm sure he will accommodate your request :cheers:

No buddy. Thanks for answering. I'm pulling my hair out. Looks like a complete reinstall is going to have to happen.

@GzeroD Love your 88. Drives lovely. Many thanks for sharing
Oh man, that's a lot of work (depending on how much you've tweaked and dl'd). My AC game folder is over 500gb now. Popeye, PM me before you do a full install. I hope I can save you some time.

Sorry, it was more borked than I thought. Use this instead.

Code:
[ITEM_2]
PARENT=int_digi_tach
TYPE=FUEL
SIZE=0.015
COLOR=0,0,0,255
INTENSITY=1
FONT=led_big
POSTFIX=L
PREFIX=

... and don't forget to fix the usual slippy-slidey hands on the steering wheel bollocks that modders just love to half-ass.
Is it only VR that has this problem?

As for the hands thing - yeah that's annoying and as bad as non steering wheels (that magically steer now)

Is it only VR that has this problem?
In VR you can literally detect if the LCD digits are a couple of millimetres forward of the display. It looks as noticeable and as odd in VR as it would in real life.
God bless binocular vision!

The whole Motec needs moving down anyway - the rev counter is blocked by the wheel rim.

I can understand modders without VR missing floating LCD digits during testing (although surely you can see these in the 3D prog? Maybe not) but there really is no excuse for not aligning the hands with the steering wheel rotation, especially when you keep getting this wrong and keep getting told about it. This is something you can easily see in 2D if you can be arsed to actually test it.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I got banned there because I criticized the owner's attitude, his illogical defenses of encryption and his inability to have a conversation without throwing childish insults at people.

You can say that again. Sadly I stopped posting any screenshots there since any kind of mod, skin, ppfilter setup which doesn't match their sense of taste, ALWAYS meets a comment like "delete this s**t", "do yourself a favor and kill yourself" + teasing people with shots of private mod with rude comments like "I didn't plan to release it, and won't do so even if it was the last mod on earth".
There are only a few people there who I can say are normal and ok but the overall atmosphere there is very toxic and elite like.

In VR you can literally detect if the LCD digits are a couple of millimetres forward of the display. It looks as noticeable and as odd in VR as it would in real life.
God bless binocular vision!

The whole Motec needs moving down anyway - the rev counter is blocked by the wheel rim.

I can understand modders without VR missing floating LCD digits during testing (although surely you can see these in the 3D prog? Maybe not) but there really is no excuse for not aligning the hands with the steering wheel rotation, especially when you keep getting this wrong and keep getting told about it. This is something you can easily see in 2D if you can be arsed to actually test it.

Yeah seems like things like floaters - i mean floating digits are probably waaaay more noticeable in VR...but as you say no excuse for slidy hands and broken wrists these days. I suppose some modders are happy to just chuck a mod out the door with all these little issues and crack on with the next project. I can't comment as I don't know how to do 3d stuff and I do understand that things get missed sometimes, but surely dropping a broken mod isn't the way to gain fans..or maybe it is lol.

You can say that again. Sadly I stopped posting any screenshots there since any kind of mod, skin, ppfilter setup which doesn't match their sense of taste, ALWAYS meets a comment like "delete this s**t", "do yourself a favor and kill yourself" + teasing people with shots of private mod with rude comments like "I didn't plan to release it, and won't do so even if it was the last mod on earth".
There are only a few people there who I can say are normal and ok but the overall atmosphere there is very toxic and elite like.

It's ok we're not like that here.

I bet you the mods there are reading through these posts and screenshotting these two posts saying "lol GT Planet dum dum"

If this is true then hey guys, tell crash I said hi ;)

Christ on a bike. It continues. Change this in data/driver3d.ini so the driver shifts up and down with the correct hands, and at a more believable speed.
(we are still on the Velo Gallardo GT2)

Code:
[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=30
POSITIVE_TIME=65
STATIC_TIME=40
NEGATIVE_TIME=65
PRELOAD_RPM=8000
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0

Hi guys, a little help, I was using CSP 0.1.51, and everything was working fine, but I updated to 0.1.52 ... later to 0.1.59, and since 0.1.52 I see bad resolution on the mirrors, and the Lines on the track have a similar problem, how can I get back to the settings that worked? I have reinstalled CSP, but the problem continues
edt. Restore Backup for data user files, solved mirrors bug, but the bug track remains

Attachments

• gallardo.png
    gallardo.png
    88.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back