Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,762 comments
I'll give it a go now. See what it says

It wont run in CM as it complains about GBW missing. If I run in AC it locks up my computer.

Hmmm. You might have to ask over at the CSP discord site if that's the case. I'm really not sure what to suggest. There's so many possible permutations to everyone's individual setups – and unfortunately, that also means endless possible bugs!

Porsche 911 GT3R 2019, Trying to locate this variation not sure if this is car mod, not seeing this as a Kunos, but maybe I’m daft, seeing a lot of livery's for it,
the front spoiler & side rockers are different than Kunos, the rear exhaust port out the center.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/porsche-911-gt3r-2019.32480/

1-r.jpg

There is an invisible "handle" you can drag to the left of the list. drag it to the left and it expands into those thumbnails
I'm clicking all over and can't find it. Got any pointers?

What settings are responsible for displaying the distance of drawing a car shadow. Thank! Screenshot_tcl_jaguar_e_type_touring_mugello_21-5-120-17-22-38.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_tcl_jaguar_e_type_touring_mugello_21-5-120-17-22-47.jpg
    Screenshot_tcl_jaguar_e_type_touring_mugello_21-5-120-17-22-47.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 16
Ok not sure which it is in the championship folder you should have folders event1 and so for each round if you open the event ini and find
[WEATHER]
"NAME=101_gbW_few 3 Autumn" or whatever weather has been entered

you could either delete "NAME=101_gbW_few 3 Autumn" or swap for sol weather if you have it "NAME=sol_01_CLear"

I think that should work if not link me to the file and I'll have look on my ac

I still have GbW and use them more than SOL ones.

I would guess you removed GbW and the championship has them as being used in the folder so hence the crash.
Either re install GbW or change the championship weathers to SOL like someone said.

No way does GbW crash content manager.

After one month and an half of rework, I'm happy to finally release our very first race-cars to the public.
When I started modding, I would never think that one day I would build up physics thanks to the feedback of two real world racing drivers! :)
Well, here it is, let us know what you think!

Version 1.0 - Released 2020.05.21
Renault Clio R.S. Cup X98 (2013)

Original mod by Assetto Garage
Big thanks to RealAKP for the collaboration

fb_release_v1.jpg

FULL CHANGELOG

Physics
- new aero
- new suspensions setup
- new dampers setup
- new engine power/torque figure (from actual dyno)
- new turbo config
- new tyres v10
- corrected engine inertia and braking torque
- corrected front suspension caster angle
- simulated limited-slip differential
- removed ABS (not present IRL)
- corrected tyre size
- corrected gear ratios
- corrected front weight distribution
- tweaked car polar inertia
- corrected fuel consumption
- corrected fuel tank position
- corrected brake max torque and bias
- corrected collider size and position
- decreased FFb multiplier
- corrected throttle blip on downshift

Visual
- totally reworked materials and shaders
- new internal and external glass texture by RealAKP
- adjusted UV mapping to new glass texture by RealAKP
- new normal texture for dash by RealAKP
- new brushed aluminium texture by RealAKP
- new rims textures by RealAKP
- totally reworked skins with baked AO by RealAKP
- adjusted mirror UV mapping by RealAKP
- new optimized VAO patches by RealAKP (CSP only)
- exhaust smoke (CSP 0.1.47 or above only)
- adjusted graphics offsets and pitch rotation

Other changes
- setup options as in real life
- new soundbank from real recordings by RealAKP
- new collider kn5 file
- regenerated LODs .kn5 files
- tweaked onboard cameras
- reworked digital instruments
- added delay in current gear instrument to not show "N" between gear changes
- adjusted rpm instrument refresh rate
- adjusted Real Mirrors to default driver's position (CSP only)
- deleted duplicated textures by RealAKP
- skin template provided by RealAKP
- updated previews

DOWNLOAD LINK

Hi i meant to ask regards your alfa 155 mod.
Will this clio and the 155 overwrite the ones i already have?
I don't want them to you see.

*edit, i risked it and its fine.!!

Last edited:
Ok, so I've got a little project going. There's a lot of tracks that have been made by multiple modders and I'm trying to determine the best version of these particular tracks. I've basically downloaded every single mod track I can find. I've downloaded every track available on this thread, everything from the classics forum, every track on racedepartment, every track on club, and digging around on other forums and mod sites I've amassed a collection of 1173 tracks (I've deleted a few absolutely rancid terrible unfinished / never should have been released tracks mostly from racedepartment) and while I'm sure I don't have all of them, I probably have most of them ever released. I'm planning on publishing the findings when it's done, but so far I'm just up to the D's. I'm going in alphabetical order and have about 300 tracks I've tagged as "duplicate".

Methodology
I've been going through the giant list of tracks and finding duplicates. Tracks that have historical variants of them (like Le Mans 1991 and Le Mans 1967) aren't considered duplicates since they are definitely their own thing. I'm more thinking like the 3 different versions of Albert Park or Gilles Villeneuve I have that are all from the same (or similar enough) era. I'm noting the differences in how they drive, how accurate they are, do they have other track layouts, features like AI, notable bugs, how nice (or not) they look, and whether the newer versions of them appear to be reworks of previous versions, etc.

Output
My plan for the end product is to make one large (or several small) forum posts here with a little review of each track with it's different versions and to point out the strengths and weaknesses with each one from a player's perspective rather than from a modder's perspective because really I'm not that great at making mods. It's definitely not meant to be a platform to trash the worst stuff, but more of a project meant to highlight some of the best stuff and spark discussions. And it's just fun to try out track mods.

Legacy
For some reason a lot of these older tracks have no information about who made them, where they came from, what version they are, etc. I'd love to give recognition to the people who made this stuff, and to try and track down the lineage of this stuff (like earlier rfactor versions, etc).

Insight from the people who make this stuff
This thread is full of the people who either make this stuff or are closely associated with the people who make this stuff. I'd love to get more info on things that modders have done specifically when reworking older stuff. Like, the Daytona by Legion appears to be a much improved version of an older track made by someone else (please correct me if I'm wrong here). I'd love to know more details about what was changed, what was kept, stuff like that, especially for reworked tracks like that.

Do you care?
Is this something anyone here is interested in reading? I'm still gonna do it for myself because it's fun, but if no one here cares I'll crawl back into my hole and just do it for myself :D

I have all of these so I can put up the ones @MrB00 doesn't have

Love the idea of this project. Hope you're able to share when complete.

I still have GbW and use them more than SOL ones.

I would guess you removed GbW and the championship has them as being used in the folder so hence the crash.
Either re install GbW or change the championship weathers to SOL like someone said.

No way does GbW crash content manager.

Never had GBW 1 only 3.3. And the championship requires version 1. So in effect it has never worked for me.

Hey Shaun, there's a small typo in the digital instruments config on your Radical SR3 RHD that causes the speed digit to float in front of the Motec, which is one of those things that jumps out in VR. It should be changed to this to get it seated on the face of the display:

Code:
[ITEM_0]
PARENT=HUD_MOTEC
POSITION=-0.015,-0.01,-0.002
TYPE=SPEED
SIZE=0.027
COLOR=0,0,0
INTENSITY=1
FONT=led_big
ALIGN=CENTER
UNITS=SYSTEM

Not sure if this also applies to the LHD version, I've not tested that one.
Love the car, BTW.

Awesome, thanks mate. I don't have VR so I can only use the free cam to look around for things like that.

If you can check the LHD again that would be amazing.

Cheers

Shaun

hello guys I need your help again I have a version of le mans called sx le mans but I have not found additional TV Cam anyone can give me a help ? thanks

Thx mate. 👍
Giving something back, here a enhanced surfaces.ini with dirt and curbs ffb effects.
Make a backup before, if you want to switch back.
Extract ini to trackfolder\data

This surfaces update is great. However, this corner (T1) looks like it has a concrete edge to it, but it doesn't sound any different from the track. Just a tiny detail, but being that I always run over it, I think it'd add to the experience of driving this track.

Screenshot_ddm_suzuki_swift_motor_sports_land2_21-5-120-11-40-5.jpg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back