Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,125 comments
Never had GBW 1 only 3.3. And the championship requires version 1. So in effect it has never worked for me.

Yep so you'd need to go into the championship files and change the weathers to ones you do have.
In those files you can change all sorts, laps, time of day, weather, AI etc etc.

Made a coupla skins for the Pulsar GTI-R :

La734bg.png

osoJwc2.png

More to come - such a neat little car. Might even make a rally spec if am motivated enough ahah.

https://we.tl/t-p5F5vPRIbp

The replay with the oculus rift s is strange, the car can be viewed from too far away, how can I adjust the distance to see it more closely, thank you very much for your attention ..

Lamborghini Gallardo E-Gear V1.21 - Geroda74
99382150_1429446480578433_6413254864423354368_o.jpg

"delete previous version before installing V1.21"
New features:
-Interior AO mapping and texture
-multiple combinations of colors and materials for the interior (aluminum, carbon and paint for the trims)
-totally improved physics with awd traction system now version 2.0
-Working wipers
-new shaders and some 3D little works on the interior
-minor changes

http://www.mediafire.com/file/soyxm...7lcg10tgtd2d-3LdO3-BmHaTpBXV69ho_pv5w5fjCPHWc

- and now the most important thing, a demonstration that the Geroda mods are not jobs done and abandoned, but live projects that are always evolving and improving, so as to make this mod completely different from the previous V0.9
Have fun and if you want, share these posts to grow the GeroDa74 community even more and with it every mod.
Two other important communications will follow shortly

Is it just a skin update?
Don't know. Supposedly not as they took suggestions from users and fixed stuff.
Haven't tried it yet. Hopefully can here in the next few. I had some things fixed on it already but will probably overwrite to see what they did.

From the post:
"Hello everyone, we have released our free 2020 Indycar mod for Assetto Corsa. It already includes the first update addressing early feedback as well as adding a few additional liveries. You may get it from our shop at https://shop.apex-modding.com/"

Don't know. Supposedly not as they took suggestions from users and fixed stuff.
Haven't tried it yet. Hopefully can here in the next few. I had some things fixed on it already but will probably overwrite to see what they did.

From the post:
"Hello everyone, we have released our free 2020 Indycar mod for Assetto Corsa. It already includes the first update addressing early feedback as well as adding a few additional liveries. You may get it from our shop at https://shop.apex-modding.com/"

and @safi hellie

I've looked at the 1.1 download files. It contains the four car folders, only with a new skin, except that the road version has a new KN5 file. No new data files or other update, so I don't expect the overly-exaggerated performance of this mod (grip and speed) hasn't been changed.

Ok as promised here are the links and settings fort this legendary season, that many consider to be one of the more iconic ones in the history. This is going to be longer post, so I apologize, but I have time (isolation and stuff) and I really love racing history and talking about it. Disclaimer: There are no direct links out of respect to developers, who really deserve so much credit for what they are doing. Can't thank them enough.

IMSA GTO 1989 Season

Season was marked by an Audi team with their 90 model, that was developed especially fort this competition as part of marketing to increase their presence in the US market. It was the only season that this car ran in the series. One year before the 200 model ran in the TransAm series and won it, and so everyone expected them to win this year as well. This was an important project for Audi. How important? They hired a former F1 driver Hans-Joachim Stuck and they sent a complete TV crew to record every move and every race the team and drivers made in America. Something unheard of at that time. The 25 min documentary can be seen here. It is interesting to watch before you run this car, as you will feel more immersed in the whole story (use subtitles if you don’t understand German):

Cars

Essentially the season was a duel between Audi and Mercury Cougar teams. Audi missed the beginning of the season and that probably cost them the championship. But there were some excellent races along the way with Nissan, Camaro and Mazda offering good competition as well. I made the BOP of all these cars accordingly. Audi and Cougar are just a little faster that the rest of the field. IRL Audi was no match for American low, wide cars in fast sweeping corners, but was revolutionary stable and agile in slow corners. And this mod from Dan Bucsa captures this perfectly as you will see in races. If you don’t like it and would want a perfectly level field, you must restrict both cars a little more. Anyway, to cut things short here are the cars (author, download location):

- Audi 90 (Dan Bucsa – Our Racing simulator, at his FB site: https://www.facebook.com/groups/AssettoCorsaORSGroup, or a few pages back in this forum: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-post-paid-mods.307899/page-959#post-13057891)

- Mercury Cougar XR-7 IMSA (Zin5ki, this forum: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-post-paid-mods.307899/page-146#post-12481803)

- Corvette C4 IMSA GTO (Zin5ki, this forum: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-post-paid-mods.307899/page-149#post-12499141)

- Mazda RX-7 IMSA GTO (Zin5ki, this forum: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-post-paid-mods.307899/page-147#post-12490228) - be careful, there was an update from Zin5ki that made it comparable for later scca seasons but is a much slower car.

- Ford Mustang IMSA GTO (Zin5ki, this forum: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-post-paid-mods.307899/page-145#post-12472688)

- Chevrolet Camaro 28 GTO (VRC Modding team – PAID MOD: https://vrc-modding-team.net/show/26)

- Nissan 300ZX Turbo IMSA GTO (RTM Mods – PAID MOD, but...)

- Ferrari F40 Competizione (Beto Fernandez, BZ SimWorks FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BzSimWorks)

Additional skins for VRC Camaro can be found on racedepartment an d for Mustang here by Zin5ki: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-post-paid-mods.307899/page-701#post-12972466

Cars that ran in the series, but not included:

- Porsche 944 turbo cup car (asseto corsa database: http://assetto-db.com/car/porsche_944_race) – i removed it, cause it ran only a few races and because of a bigger problem. I could BOP the car for qualifying but in the race it fell behind 10 sec a lap

- Ford RS200 (Zin5ki, this forum: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-post-paid-mods.307899/page-547#post-12882740) – it is so inconsistent, it is crazy, one race it would win qualifying by a few seconds and ran away from the field, on another it would fall behind 10-20 seconds per lap. It did not play a big part in the series, so I removed it. If you want to fiddle with it, be my guest.

- Pontiac, Oldsmobile and Buick (could not find suitable mods)

BOP

Picture in attachment or https://acstuff.ru/s/Lmv2:

bom-imsa-gto-1989.jpg

Tracks

Real 1989 calendar with real race lengths (Best mod for AC in my opinion, Author, where to download):

- Daytona – 24 hours (Terra21, racedepartment)

- Streets of Miami – 45 minutes (ACU, google (i think there is link somwhere here on GTP))

- Sebring – 12 hours (Terra21, his youtube channel)

- Summit Point – 2,5 hours (db_1973, Hightree42, racedepartment)

- Mid-Ohio – 200 km (Terra21, his youtube channel)

- Mosport – 500 km (Jim Lloyd, racedepartment)

- Road America – 500 km (Albert McSaltens, racedepartment)

- Portland – 1,5 hours (Simtraxx 1.4, google – don't like the version, bad AI, but no better exists, if i remember correctly someone (Masscot?) said here that a better version is coming. Would be great, because it is a great layout)

- Heartland Park – 2 hours (could not find the mod, i replaced it with VIR Virginia from racedepartment)

- San Antonio Streets – 1 hour (could not find the mod, replaced it with Palm Beach from Terra21 from his youtube)

- Sears Point - Sonoma – 200 km (updated version a couple of pages back from Masscot)

- Watkins Glenn – 500 km (LilSki, racedepartment)

- Limerock – 2 hours (Terra21, his youtube channel)

- Laguna Seca – 1 hour (Kunos)

- Del Mar – 1 hour (could not find the mod, replaced it with New Jersey Lightning from LilSki on racedepartment)

I'm sorry to quote this, but as i was just directed to this by Ales, I wanted to remind others who may not know of its existence, that its here, and that it is incredible, what an amazing setup, the cars, the tracks, the bop, the grid presets everything.

This is the closest thing to an full on expansion pack I've seen and i want to thank everyone who contributed to this Zin5ki, Ales all the track makers etc as this is exactly how modding should be presented!

I'm sat here running tracks i have never heard of, in cars i never knew existed bopped and tuned to absolute perfection with a grid preset built from someone who has taken the time, knowledge and expertise to do so!

Utterly Fantastic, and i hope to see more content like this. Very Approachable!

I'm sorry to quote this, but as i was just directed to this by Ales, I wanted to remind others who may not know of its existence, that its here, and that it is incredible, what an amazing setup, the cars, the tracks, the bop, the grid presets everything.

This is the closest thing to an full on expansion pack I've seen and i want to thank everyone who contributed to this Zin5ki, Ales all the track makers etc as this is exactly how modding should be presented!

I'm sat here running tracks i have never heard of, in cars i never knew existed bopped and tuned to absolute perfection with a grid preset built from someone who has taken the time, knowledge and expertise to do so!

Utterly Fantastic, and i hope to see more content like this. Very Approachable!
Agree, it was an awesome job by ales100i!!

A quick update on the Radical. Kevin has been amazing. We have been discussing and me testing for over 24hrs now, as he said, the car is amazing but......LOL, there is always a but with IRL drivers.

I have found a few things, also from @Masscot that need changing, and overall, it's the G's that the car is pulling in entering a corner which is an issue, mine is pulling to many G's, although depending on what video reference you watch, as I have 3 videos I have watched, and one pulls less that 1G and another pulls over 3.1 G in corners. Kevin is using IRL data he has from his Radical run compared to my Radical. One thing I mentioned to Kevin is that, with MOD tracks, it also depends on the grip level they set in the surface.ini mod might be higher than IRL, so we have taken this in to consideration.

All in all, Kevin has been fantastic and so I hate to say this, an updated version will come soon, but this time, it will have the backing of an IRL Radical driver behind it, something I am so humble and greatful for.

Shaun

I was too impatient and binned them already a few days ago :D

I think they will be heading that way lol.
I'm not a huge f1 or indy fan in RL but always open to try out mods as sometimes they turn out to be great to drive but yeah the whole non turning front wheels just looked so wrong and put me off driving these.

I think I'll stick to the 70s and 80s F1 mods for now...talking of which @GzeroD The screen on the Lotus 88 isn't transparent and looks black or orange for me - is it easy to fix or is it something you could take a look at please?

A quick update on the Radical. Kevin has been amazing. We have been discussing and me testing for over 24hrs now, as he said, the car is amazing but......LOL, there is always a but with IRL drivers.

I have found a few things, also from @Masscot that need changing, and overall, it's the G's that the car is pulling in entering a corner which is an issue, mine is pulling to many G's, although depending on what video reference you watch, as I have 3 videos I have watched, and one pulls less that 1G and another pulls over 3.1 G in corners. Kevin is using IRL data he has from his Radical run compared to my Radical. One thing I mentioned to Kevin is that, with MOD tracks, it also depends on the grip level they set in the surface.ini mod might be higher than IRL, so we have taken this in to consideration.

All in all, Kevin has been fantastic and so I hate to say this, an updated version will come soon, but this time, it will have the backing of an IRL Radical driver behind it, something I am so humble and greatful for.

Shaun

@Shaun Clarke, you should never use the phrase "I hate to say" when you're talking about updating an already very good mod. I'm looking forward to the next release (please update us here), and you should say you're excited (well, you did express excitement overall) about releasing another update, hopefully soon.

Shaun

I raced these with @norms last night round Sonoma and they were great fun but I really struggled with the brakes locking up way too easily and I have no idea if they are really like this in RL. I tried turning the power down a bit but it didn't help much. Is this something you could look at or is this just how they are and I just need to learn to brake a bit more gently :D

Gallardo E-Gear GT4 when?

(I'm joking, of course, although I'm not against the idea)
Hold out for a bit and wait for what Velo has been working on. A lot better fit.
I really wanted to like these Apex cars but the non-turning front wheels just put me off - If this update fixes this I might have to keep them and not put them in the bin :D
Careful, with a couple changes here and there, these cars can be pretty good. Especially if you want the 2020's and you don't have the RSS mods.

I raced these with @norms last night round Sonoma and they were great fun but I really struggled with the brakes locking up way too easily and I have no idea if they are really like this in RL. I tried turning the power down a bit but it didn't help much. Is this something you could look at or is this just how they are and I just need to learn to brake a bit more gently :D
Yes Brake Pressure is one thing we have looked at, and changed

@Shaun Clarke, you should never use the phrase "I hate to say" when you're talking about updating an already very good mod. I'm looking forward to the next release (please update us here), and you should say you're excited (well, you did express excitement overall) about releasing another update, hopefully soon.
Sorry I say hate to say it, as it's another bloody update, but yes you are correct, I am excited about it

Hold out for a bit and wait for what Velo has been working on. A lot better fit.

Careful, with a couple changes here and there, these cars can be pretty good. Especially if you want the 2020's and you don't have the RSS mods.
In that case I'll keep em installed and hopefully someone can fix the front wheels (maybe)

Awesome, thanks mate. I don't have VR so I can only use the free cam to look around for things like that.

If you can check the LHD again that would be amazing.

Cheers

Shaun
Hi mate - happy to report that the LHD car Motec is fine, no floating speed digits. It's only the RHD version that needs the update.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back