- 48

- Canada
This car is a blast, but when I watch the replay or go to do screenshots the rims aren't there. Watching the replay back they do pop in from time to time, but mostly not there. Maybe something I have set wrong on my end?
This car is a blast, but when I watch the replay or go to do screenshots the rims aren't there. Watching the replay back they do pop in from time to time, but mostly not there. Maybe something I have set wrong on my end?

a nav for the 992, set the folder in the main of the car
Here it is - the entirety of the 1971, 1975, 1976, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2006, 2008 and 2010 F1 seasons: https://mega.nz/folder/KUlmXAgB#c6eISbUyAXRl_KmCkIitmw
Have any other full grids for other seasons that you'd like the community to have as well? Maybe you have the full grids from some of Schumacher's most dominant years in red, or some classic F1 from the 50's and 60's, you could even have the full grids from the start of the ground effect era. Whatever it is, please feel free to let me know, but I'll need a link to them so I can locate them and add them to the folder.
Cheers,
RenaultDJRTP
Here it is - the entirety of the 1971, 1975, 1976, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2006, 2008 and 2010 F1 seasons: https://mega.nz/folder/KUlmXAgB#c6eISbUyAXRl_KmCkIitmw
Have any other full grids for other seasons that you'd like the community to have as well? Maybe you have the full grids from some of Schumacher's most dominant years in red, or some classic F1 from the 50's and 60's, you could even have the full grids from the start of the ground effect era. Whatever it is, please feel free to let me know, but I'll need a link to them so I can locate them and add them to the folder.
Cheers,
RenaultDJRTP
what it needs now (aside from accurate sounds) is accurate driver helmets & suits (especially 1984)Here it is - the entirety of the 1971, 1975, 1976, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2006, 2008 and 2010 F1 seasons: https://mega.nz/folder/KUlmXAgB#c6eISbUyAXRl_KmCkIitmw
Have any other full grids for other seasons that you'd like the community to have as well? Maybe you have the full grids from some of Schumacher's most dominant years in red, or some classic F1 from the 50's and 60's, you could even have the full grids from the start of the ground effect era. Whatever it is, please feel free to let me know, but I'll need a link to them so I can locate them and add them to the folder.
Cheers,
RenaultDJRTP
However, the gear ratios for the 8-speed PDK transmission are WAAAAY to long. This is geared like an older generation 6-speed--like they noticed the two additional gears after the fact and threw some additional ratios in that the engine and car could never use unless going down a steep 5-mile downhill with a strong tailwind. On the Nordschleife, on the last straight, you just get into 6th, when you should get to 7th, and maybe just start 8th (which is a "highway" gear).
There's a legitimate reason manufacturers are adding gears to performance transmissions, as it improves handling and control, and actually reduces strain on the drivetrain (but does add a few more parts that could fail).
BTW, there is now a 7-speed gated manual for this car, which was a surprise, but the semi automatic/paddle shift transmissions are now becoming the better choice. I love gated manuals, that's what I drive every day, but these new 7 and 8-speed dual clutch transmissions are causing me to rethink my preference on the track.
Are you any good at tweaking gear ratios too (see above)?

Very nice Mercedes AMG E63 Brabus 800 by Guillaume Rousseau (from FB).
Default cockpit cam needs moving back to the cockpit with the 'driver position' side app.
Remember, this is a big, heavy, powerful car..!
![]()
![]()
Thanks for this mate but unfortunately during the update a lot of the alpha channels have been disabled on things like labels, steering wheel stitching etc. You can see the backgrounds of the textures.You were almost there, you needed to change the shader to ksPerPixelNM and set the textures. Here you go kn5 only, I've changed nothing else:
https://mega.nz/file/dZ4EBCyD#hQxl-mMbbfx6wwilZPxIGwEAyq3fPNBJcmv_DS9NEig
The first 992 to be released for AC, by MLSXLD.
992 Carrera S
https://sharemods.com/jvv3elfb9bxg/Porsche_992_carreras___40_1.0__41__by_MLSXLD.rar
View attachment 914535 View attachment 914536
Edit: and it's bloody good too. Trying to work out why the number plate won't display properly though. Any ideas? The DDS and NM are in the skin folders.
Maybe something on your side ? Because I (and several others I know of) have no issues...This crashes when I try to drive it. Works in the 3D showroom.
Maybe something on your side ? Because I (and several others I know of) have no issues...
Hey that's new. I'm sure in the previous version it was ok. Now indeed the wheelcovers disappear when you start driving? I tried to disable several wheel related features in CSP but the result remains the same.This car is a blast, but when I watch the replay or go to do screenshots the rims aren't there. Watching the replay back they do pop in from time to time, but mostly not there. Maybe something I have set wrong on my end?
![]()
Just discovered that renaming (without the need of opening in paint software) Plate_D.dds into white.png does the trick too.Go to the skins folder and open the number plate in whatever paint software you use...rename it to white.png and it'll magically appear.
Do the normals look, erm... normal when out on the track using this method?Just discovered that renaming (without the need of opening in paint software) Plate_D.dds into white.png does the trick too.![]()
I did not check that (works in previews and showroom)... did it now and this is how it shows:Do the normals look, erm... normal when out on the track using this method?
I do not know if this can helps, this graph shows the real gear ratios for the 911 Carrera S 992, extracted from the new 911 Carrera Technology workshop manual
View attachment 914728