Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,814 comments
Hi,

I really liked this preview style, thanks :) Are you working on further tracks? I didn't find some such as Brasilia, Alias, Arona, Autódromo Juan Manual Fangio. Don't know if you're still gonna make more.
Hi ! ;)

I am not the author sorry and all the credits must be given to him.
In the archive, you have all the material to do yourself more previews, the only "big" country missing is Argentina.

Cheers ! :cheers:

Ascariraceresort (darkened grass and asphalt, add cameras).

Screenshot Ascari.jpg

Have Fun.

Try hittin´ the reload button, then it should be fixed.

Nodda, CM has been reloaded and close/opened who knows how many times in over 6 months - its never worked.
odd

Hello,

please, can someone add more AI pits for three nice tracks of by Simtraxx? I bought from them Hong Kong, Pacific Raceways and Shelton Raceway but they have only 10 and 12 AI pits.
I can updload the files if someone need them (if it's not against rules)

Thank you!

You'll learn your lesson buying tracks from him - I wont go into detail here as to not pollute this place because that's what would come from it. Its documented in fine detail on RD with a simple search.

you are awesome! thank you so much!

I was going to say, for not actually scanning the track, you did a great job. Until we finish our version of WSIR we have been messing around with this track knowing it is a "fantasy" version of WSIR and couldn't be enjoying it more.

Because there isn't a perfect one to convert? PCars version of the track is decent but far from accurate mainly towards the balcony. GT6 did it the best but that's because they scanned the track and actually had people physically there to take notes on all the variances. But even then converting from GT6 i don't even think is possible yet for most modders.

VRC is slowly but surely working on our version of WSIR that is scanned. I'll be testing it for them and I have 2000+ hours at the track so I'll be able to point out any nuances that aren't particularly "accurate".

I've seen someone convert the Tsukuba track from GT Sport and Willow Springs is supposed to be in that game as well.
The track they are working on sounds very promising from what you've told me, but I hope it'll be good graphics wise as well. I'm not expecting GT Sport detail, just that it doesn't look like a cartoon. And track accuracy will be very much appreciated.

ITC 1996 slightly modified

If you don't like stories skip the next three paragraphs. :lol::lol:

Let me start off by saying that i'm a huge fan of touring cars and especially DTM and BTCC. And that the 90s were my favourite period of racing in general, and of course of touring cars. So as a teenager through most of the 90s, i tried to watch and read all about these championships at the time and still have nostalgia for the time period of best racing in history IMO.

And as such the ITC ambitious project was of course high on my radar, as on probably everybody else's as well. When DTM was promoted to ITC, many were sceptical, but the popularity of DTM series was so high, that the people in charge thought that it was still a good idea. Sadly it was to ambitious, the money needed for a manufacturer to run in the championship was getting close to F1 (knowing that a manufacturer had to supply 3,4,5 teams instead of just 1 in F1). So this project died after only two years with Alfa Romeo and Opel pulling out after 1996 season because of high costs. But we had these two years of excellent racing on some of the most iconic tracks in the world.

Now to add to all this, Alfa 155 was part of this. My top 3 favourite car of all time, so my excitement was even bigger. As i started sim racing, one of my first jobs was to find and try to recreate these two seasons, especially the 1996 one.

The Alfa 155 TI EVO

@GzeroD did an excellent job in recreating this and i had a lot of fun driving these. Probably one of the best mod packs that can be had for free in AC. But what bothered me was, that the Alfa used in the pack was not the 1996 version of the car. The 155 from Kunos is the 1993/94 version of the car, that was slightly modified for the 1995 season. And that one is used in the Legion's pack. But for 1996 Alfa brought the EVO version of the car. The one with the ugly front that looked like the bull with the horns. Legion's car also didn't have the right liveries.

So i searched if the model of this car exists, and i found it on AC, it was made from FVandelli, but it got removed pretty fast as it was not complying to their rules. I managed to download it from somewhere and i don't know where (if somebody knows where, let me know, want to link to the original car) and it looked very authentic to me, it also had all the correct liveries. But i didn't like how it drove, it was not an Alfa 155 IMO. So i made a personal project of modifying and tuning it bit by bit for a long time. Some modifications were authentic from what i could find online, others were on my own personal opinion on how this car should drive. I used data from all sorts of other cars, as i never planned to release this, so i don't know all all what i changed, as i didn't keep track (so sadly can give proper credit, also why i was reluctant to release the car). I shared it with a couple of my friends and later a few users here on GTP tried it and all thought it was not bad at all, one friend is absolutely in love with the car and is bugging me to release it here. So i guess here it is, for those that want to try it (it's ugly i know, but that is the way the car really looked):

View attachment 930723

Link to the car (i made an s1 version so it doesn't overwrite the original one):

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/67...0051fb718728b28faa37b93c20200615203218/8b606d

The rest of the pack

To create an authentic full championship you need The Opel Calibra and the Mercedes C-Class. Both can be found on Legions blog. If you heaven't, try all 3 cars, also his Alfa, they are all excellent. The Opel needs a window fix if you are running temporal antialiasing in CM. Find it in the attachment (put the ini in the Documents/assetto corsa/cfg/extention/cars folder).

https://perendinator.blogspot.com/2019/06/fia-class-1.html

Preset and BOP

Also here is the preset with all correct liveries, driver names and strengths from the actual season. @GzeroD did a great job BOPing the cars, but the EVO needs a little restriction to run competitively (especially cause i wanted to recreate the actual balance from the season - Alfa is slower on the straights, but faster through corners):

https://acstuff.ru/s/Wutq

View attachment 930734

The tracks

To create the full championship you of course need the tracks. Here is the list.

Rounds:
1 and 2: Hockenheim (DTM Layout), 38 laps
3 and 4: Nurburgring (GT Short), 22 laps
5 and 6: Estoril, 23 laps
7 and 8: Helsinki Thunder, 32 laps
9 and 10: Norisring, 44 laps
11 and 12: Diepholz, 28 laps
13 and 14: Silverstone (90s classic layout), 20 laps
15 and 16: Nurburgring (GT Short), 22 laps
17 and 18: Magny-Cours, 24 laps
19 and 20: Mugello, 20 laps
21 and 22: Hockenheim (88 layout full), 15 laps
23 and 24: Interlagos, 24 laps
25 and 26: Suzuka, 18 laps

Prety impressive list, right? (all available for AC, if you can't find it, i can give you a link).

Also if you want to rewatch, all the races are on youtube, most in full:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=itc+1996

All the credits go to GzeroD and FVandelli and all that created the tracks.

Hope you enjoy it.

Absolute huge thank you for doing these.

Hello,

please, can someone add more AI pits for three nice tracks of by Simtraxx? I bought from them Hong Kong, Pacific Raceways and Shelton Raceway but they have only 10 and 12 AI pits.
I can updload the files if someone need them (if it's not against rules)

Thank you!

I agree with mrtomcat66 that Simtraxx are pay mods. I am one of the members there and get to test all of Kon's tracks. I recommend you go to simtraxx.net and there are pop down menus at the top. Find Discord and click on that to join. Once on Discord ask your questions there. Their tracks are pretty good, but not complete and the group is very slow to do updates. The tracks you mention haven't been updated for over a year or more. I also know the tracks you mention some of the pit areas dont work properly for WEEKEND mode - doesn't show my highlighted pit box. I make personal changes for myself, but sorry I cant release them to the public cause of they are pay mods by Simtraxx and follow his rules.

Last edited:
Nodda, CM has been reloaded and close/opened who knows how many times in over 6 months - its never worked.
odd

There's an extra space at the end of the track name in ui_track.json, try to remove it ? And check that track folder name doesn't contain capital letter.

thumbs.db?

It is file created by windows that saves small thumbnails of files within a folder eg pictures or movies to your hard drive so your system doesn't have to recalculate them every time you open the folder. If it came with the mod it is safe to just delete it.
If you have it turned on in windows, your system will just recreate one but I always turn this 'feature' off as I don't like what it does, I live in 'details' view anyway.

Thumbs.db and desktop.ini are automatically generated by windows when you have search index and preview activated.
Often invisible, there's a lot of this files in assetto corsa mod archive files.
You can safely delete every occurence of them.

edit:ninja'd

Thank you both, I'll delete the file.

How about the 'KSANIM1'? I know something about KSANIM, not with the number one right there.
Sorry, I'm just learning to mod.

Zolder67 revisited, repackaged, reskinned. Please completely delete the old version of the track before installing. The zip includes the edited track and new skins. One skin called "Notta 'Fana' Mountains!' I made specifically for our friend @Fanapryde, as he let me know his home track of Zolder has NO surrounding mountains IRL.

View attachment 930624

Happy racing, my friends!

Thank you, Teddie for this and all your contributions. It is much appreciated!
One of the things I can see that'd make a big improvement to Zolder67 is removing the crowds - that, or darkening them. I find that the crowds/spectators bring down the overall quality of your improved version, which is a pity.
Just my two cents.

That's what i was thinking.
We'll know if it's the real Peter Boese if he sticks around here though as he has the patience of a saint.
If you look at the changelog of the last alpha he posted right after his posts here, he is te real one:

Sol 1.6 alpha 6 reset your solconfig!
Changelog:
- core: better handling of "alternate" AC installs
# AC should be installed via Steam.
# If you have an "alternate" install, maybe you will find a solution in Sol folder
# We will not give any support for non-Steam installs !!!

That being said, it is sad he came here with a very negative predisposition (maybe just a bad day or somebody pissed him off). Even if he was right (and he probably was), his position was very harsh and negative and i hope he will not form a general opinion of the group acording to what he thinks this group is all about. If he reads through the thread some more, he will see what more and more people are getting aware of. This forum and especially this thread has de facto established itself as a frontrunner in everything new and good in AC. It in my opinion passed the RD, something i tought was never going to happen. Also the vibe and general conduct of everybody here has been nothing less than gentlemen like (and ladylike :)) and unbelievably positive. People helping left and right, being unselfish and patient with each other. Something that he (or anybody else for that matter) doesn't see very often on the internet these days. But ih he doesn't, it would be a shame, but totally his loss i guess. Doubt anybody would loose any sleep over it. Many great other people around.

Last edited:
I agree with mrtomcat66 that Simtraxx are pay mods. I am one of the members there and get to test all of Kon's tracks. I recommend you go to simtraxx.net and there are pop down menus at the top. Find Discord and click on that to join. Once on Discord ask your questions there. Their tracks are pretty good, but not complete and the group is very slow to do updates. The tracks you mention haven't been updated for over a year or more. I also know the tracks you mention some of the pit areas dont work properly for WEEKEND mode - doesn't show my highlighted pit box. I make personal changes for myself, but sorry I cant release them to the public cause of they are pay mods by Simtraxx and follow his rules.

Thank you. I know they are paid mod, so I didn't share them. I asked by mail to Simtraxx befere writing here, I'll try by discord. Anyway thanks for your answear.

Ascari Race Resort Updates

@Teddie, @DaBaeda,

I appreciate the attention this track has received recently. It really is a unique and fun track to drive. You get your "money's worth" out of this resort if you're a member.

Maybe the video below will help to correct the grass color. It's still too bright--and very distracting.

With grassFX, color adjustments and some other texture re-work, this could substantially improve this mod. Replace the wonky trees and add more to the hillsides , some rocks and other track side features (yes, that's substantially more work), and this will really improve the experience.

It also needs the different layouts, orange cones to block closed or crossover sections of the track, maybe versions with bright green and blue training cones (they appear to be green with a white stripe in the video), and the "kerbs" (concrete patches) at the chicanes need to be revised so you can drive over them as you can in real life and not be penalized. While most of the kerbs are flat concrete, there's also some kerbs that are raised or "scalloped."

You have to click on the link to watch it on Youtube, as it's blocked from viewing on other sites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. I know they are paid mod, so I didn't share them. I asked by mail to Simtraxx befere writing here, I'll try by discord. Anyway thanks for your answear.

No problem. When you do go to his discord group you will see various categories to select and read the posts. He has a separate category for each of his tracks he sells to the public which you can put your questions and requests for the particular track. take care.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back