Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,064 comments
TonySSS, is this fix needed for Alpha 5? I installed it this morning, but haven't had any issues. I am unable to find the old setting to disable 3d clouds though... hhhm?

As I understand it, the newest versions of SOL permanently use both 2D & 3D cloud textures, so there's no switching either on or off any more. It's all in, all the time.

ITC 1996 slightly modified

If you don't like stories skip the next three paragraphs. :lol::lol:

Let me start off by saying that i'm a huge fan of touring cars and especially DTM and BTCC. And that the 90s were my favourite period of racing in general, and of course of touring cars. So as a teenager through most of the 90s, i tried to watch and read all about these championships at the time and still have nostalgia for the time period of best racing in history IMO.

And as such the ITC ambitious project was of course high on my radar, as on probably everybody else's as well. When DTM was promoted to ITC, many were sceptical, but the popularity of DTM series was so high, that the people in charge thought that it was still a good idea. Sadly it was to ambitious, the money needed for a manufacturer to run in the championship was getting close to F1 (knowing that a manufacturer had to supply 3,4,5 teams instead of just 1 in F1). So this project died after only two years with Alfa Romeo and Opel pulling out after 1996 season because of high costs. But we had these two years of excellent racing on some of the most iconic tracks in the world.

Now to add to all this, Alfa 155 was part of this. My top 3 favourite car of all time, so my excitement was even bigger. As i started sim racing, one of my first jobs was to find and try to recreate these two seasons, especially the 1996 one.

The Alfa 155 TI EVO

@GzeroD did an excellent job in recreating this and i had a lot of fun driving these. Probably one of the best mod packs that can be had for free in AC. But what bothered me was, that the Alfa used in the pack was not the 1996 version of the car. The 155 from Kunos is the 1993/94 version of the car, that was slightly modified for the 1995 season. And that one is used in the Legion's pack. But for 1996 Alfa brought the EVO version of the car. The one with the ugly front that looked like the bull with the horns. Legion's car also didn't have the right liveries.

So i searched if the model of this car exists, and i found it on AC, it was made from FVandelli, but it got removed pretty fast as it was not complying to their rules. I managed to download it from somewhere and i don't know where (if somebody knows where, let me know, want to link to the original car) and it looked very authentic to me, it also had all the correct liveries. But i didn't like how it drove, it was not an Alfa 155 IMO. So i made a personal project of modifying and tuning it bit by bit for a long time. Some modifications were authentic from what i could find online, others were on my own personal opinion on how this car should drive. I used data from all sorts of other cars, as i never planned to release this, so i don't know all all what i changed, as i didn't keep track (so sadly can give proper credit, also why i was reluctant to release the car). I shared it with a couple of my friends and later a few users here on GTP tried it and all thought it was not bad at all, one friend is absolutely in love with the car and is bugging me to release it here. So i guess here it is, for those that want to try it (it's ugly i know, but that is the way the car really looked):

View attachment 930723

Link to the car (i made an s1 version so it doesn't overwrite the original one):

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/67...0051fb718728b28faa37b93c20200615203218/8b606d

The rest of the pack

To create an authentic full championship you need The Opel Calibra and the Mercedes C-Class. Both can be found on Legions blog. If you heaven't, try all 3 cars, also his Alfa, they are all excellent. The Opel needs a window fix if you are running temporal antialiasing in CM. Find it in the attachment (put the ini in the Documents/assetto corsa/cfg/extention/cars folder).

https://perendinator.blogspot.com/2019/06/fia-class-1.html

Preset and BOP

Also here is the preset with all correct liveries, driver names and strengths from the actual season. @GzeroD did a great job BOPing the cars, but the EVO needs a little restriction to run competitively (especially cause i wanted to recreate the actual balance from the season - Alfa is slower on the straights, but faster through corners):

https://acstuff.ru/s/Wutq

View attachment 930734

The tracks

To create the full championship you of course need the tracks. Here is the list.

Rounds:
1 and 2: Hockenheim (DTM Layout), 38 laps
3 and 4: Nurburgring (GT Short), 22 laps
5 and 6: Estoril, 23 laps
7 and 8: Helsinki Thunder, 32 laps
9 and 10: Norisring, 44 laps
11 and 12: Diepholz, 28 laps
13 and 14: Silverstone (88 layout sort of, not completely correct), 20 laps
15 and 16: Nurburgring (GT Short), 22 laps
17 and 18: Magny-Cours, 24 laps
19 and 20: Mugello, 20 laps
21 and 22: Hockenheim (88 layout full), 15 laps
23 and 24: Interlagos, 24 laps
25 and 26: Suzuka, 18 laps

Prety impressive list, right? (all available for AC, if you can't find it, i can give you a link).

Also if you want to rewatch, all the races are on youtube, most in full:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=itc+1996

All the credits go to GzeroD and FVandelli and all that created the tracks.

Hope you enjoy it.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eneral-discussion.307899/reply?quote=13125886

I have had this version for some time

brazil-flag-1469717727WmN.jpg

Great stuff VheEth. Really appreciate these updates! :cheers:

You're saying I didn't pay for my Assetto Corsa?

What the **** is this guy on about?

"This guy" (Peter Boese) is actually "the guy" who writes and created SOL! But I think there's a misunderstanding regarding the possiblity you've got a cracked version of AC. On Peter's discord thread, there are many people looking for support who have gone the 'naughty route', so... I don't think he means anything personal.

EDIT: After reading through the five pages since your original post, I've discovered that you've already discovered who Peter is.

Last edited:
Autódromo Internacional Ayrton Senna (Londrina) - Version 1.0 reworked by VheEth

Original track: Automobilista - Reiza Studios
Original conversion: ???

CHANGELOG 0.8
- Remapping: road, grass, curbs, trees, fences, walls, buildings, track objects and sponsor boards.
- New curb, sponsor boards, people and new flags added
- New file extension for Grass FX and track lights (very basic)
- Added the VAO file

CHANGELOG 1.0
- Update of textures and materials
- Race groove added
- Update of extension file
- Update the VAO file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7iat0h7p7mo8bcw/vhe_londrina_1.0.rar/file

Autódromo Velo Città - Version 1.0 reworked by VheEth

Original track: Automobilista - Reiza Studio
Original conversion: Guillaume Rousseau

CHANGELOG 0.8
- Remapping: road, grass, curbs, trees, fences, walls, buildings, track objects and sponsor boards.
- New guard rails and new flags added
- New file extension for Grass FX and track lights (very basic)
- Added the VAO file
- Added a new layout (Alternative 1). The new layout (Alternative 1) needs an AI line. For the moment it is available for tests.
- New AI pit lane by @LiquidSkyMan

CHANGELOG 1.0
- Update of textures and materials
- Performance optimization
- Update of extension file
- Update the VAO file
- Added a new layout (Alternative 2)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wbke3x73ly1k7kp/vhe_velocitta_1.0.rar/file

DELETE PREVIOUS VERSIONS

Is it just me or are there no cones (or barriers) blocking off the unneeded bulge in Londrina short?

Does anyone know if there's a finished version of Ascari Race Resort for AC? I remember there was a very good version for rF1, and if I remember correctly somebody started working on this track for AC some years ago. Haven't found anything.

Here's one I did OCD edits on for myself a while back.

TED-EDiTS: replaced bad skybox mountains, fixed missing map, removed black tree tops

Last edited:
So I like the Reboot Project version of Sebring, but not surprisingly it falls well short of the rF2 version. Old habits die hard, and I find myself waiting and waiting and waiting as I come out of Sunset Bend for that final big bump before getting on the throttle and mashing up the front straight towards the start/finish line....but the bump never comes :lol:

@Fall Guy, may I ask on which page I can find your presents here? I am currently at work and Don't have much time to look around here and would be delighted to check it out when I get gabk home.

Thank you, friend!

View attachment 930813

What kind of file is this? What it does?

thumbs.db?

It is file created by windows that saves small thumbnails of files within a folder eg pictures or movies to your hard drive so your system doesn't have to recalculate them every time you open the folder. If it came with the mod it is safe to just delete it.
If you have it turned on in windows, your system will just recreate one but I always turn this 'feature' off as I don't like what it does, I live in 'details' view anyway.

So I like the Reboot Project version of Sebring, but not surprisingly it falls well short of the rF2 version. Old habits die hard, and I find myself waiting and waiting and waiting as I come out of Sunset Bend for that final big bump before getting on the throttle and mashing up the front straight towards the start/finish line....but the bump never comes :lol:

So...you just want that bump? That's it?

Hello,

please, can someone add more AI pits for three nice tracks of by Simtraxx? I bought from them Hong Kong, Pacific Raceways and Shelton Raceway but they have only 10 and 12 AI pits.
I can updload the files if someone need them (if it's not against rules)

Thank you!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back