Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,703 comments
Ascari Race Resort was looking like something out of Pixar Animations with all the strange colors, glad to see it have some attention.

Can we please have a set of files to download that would add the old bridge at willow?
It gives a good visual reference to the s/f line as you approach it from a distance.

I think I have an idea to help. It's so difficult to please everybody, the bridge caused a fair bit of controversy when I launched the track.

As it's a single object i'll add it in a config and add it as a third layout - shouldn't increase the download size very much at all ;)

I think I have an idea to help. It's so difficult to please everybody, the bridge caused a fair bit of controversy when I launched the track.

As it's a single object i'll add it in a config and add it as a third layout - shouldn't increase the download size very much at all ;)

Mate, thanks for the awesome tracks!!!

I am working on more detailed background texture and new custom grassfx effects for willow,
check it:

Screenshot_accr_renault_clio_rs_cup_x98_willow_springs_16-5-120-16-20-10.png

Screenshot_accr_renault_clio_rs_cup_x98_willow_springs_16-5-120-16-18-47.png

I can send you the files, and you can add it to your update if you want.

I am working on more detailed background texture and new custom grassfx effects for willow,
check it:

Nice one! Thanks for your efforts :) I can probably add these new textures, @Masscots baloons and also the layout with the bridge, I think at that point i'll be ready to call it a day on WS!

This really has become a team effort over the last few days thanks everyone :)

ITC 1996 slightly modified

If you don't like stories skip the next three paragraphs. :lol::lol:

Let me start off by saying that i'm a huge fan of touring cars and especially DTM and BTCC. And that the 90s were my favourite period of racing in general, and of course of touring cars. So as a teenager through most of the 90s, i tried to watch and read all about these championships at the time and still have nostalgia for the time period of best racing in history IMO.

And as such the ITC ambitious project was of course high on my radar, as on probably everybody else's as well. When DTM was promoted to ITC, many were sceptical, but the popularity of DTM series was so high, that the people in charge thought that it was still a good idea. Sadly it was to ambitious, the money needed for a manufacturer to run in the championship was getting close to F1 (knowing that a manufacturer had to supply 3,4,5 teams instead of just 1 in F1). So this project died after only two years with Alfa Romeo and Opel pulling out after 1996 season because of high costs. But we had these two years of excellent racing on some of the most iconic tracks in the world.

Now to add to all this, Alfa 155 was part of this. My top 3 favourite car of all time, so my excitement was even bigger. As i started sim racing, one of my first jobs was to find and try to recreate these two seasons, especially the 1996 one.

The Alfa 155 TI EVO

@GzeroD did an excellent job in recreating this and i had a lot of fun driving these. Probably one of the best mod packs that can be had for free in AC. But what bothered me was, that the Alfa used in the pack was not the 1996 version of the car. The 155 from Kunos is the 1993/94 version of the car, that was slightly modified for the 1995 season. And that one is used in the Legion's pack. But for 1996 Alfa brought the EVO version of the car. The one with the ugly front that looked like the bull with the horns. Legion's car also didn't have the right liveries.

So i searched if the model of this car exists, and i found it on AC, it was made from FVandelli, but it got removed pretty fast as it was not complying to their rules. I managed to download it from somewhere and i don't know where (if somebody knows where, let me know, want to link to the original car) and it looked very authentic to me, it also had all the correct liveries. But i didn't like how it drove, it was not an Alfa 155 IMO. So i made a personal project of modifying and tuning it bit by bit for a long time. Some modifications were authentic from what i could find online, others were on my own personal opinion on how this car should drive. I used data from all sorts of other cars, as i never planned to release this, so i don't know all all what i changed, as i didn't keep track (so sadly can give proper credit, also why i was reluctant to release the car). I shared it with a couple of my friends and later a few users here on GTP tried it and all thought it was not bad at all, one friend is absolutely in love with the car and is bugging me to release it here. So i guess here it is, for those that want to try it (it's ugly i know, but that is the way the car really looked):

View attachment 930723

Link to the car (i made an s1 version so it doesn't overwrite the original one):

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/67...0051fb718728b28faa37b93c20200615203218/8b606d

The rest of the pack

To create an authentic full championship you need The Opel Calibra and the Mercedes C-Class. Both can be found on Legions blog. If you heaven't, try all 3 cars, also his Alfa, they are all excellent. The Opel needs a window fix if you are running temporal antialiasing in CM. Find it in the attachment (put the ini in the Documents/assetto corsa/cfg/extention/cars folder).

https://perendinator.blogspot.com/2019/06/fia-class-1.html

Preset and BOP

Also here is the preset with all correct liveries, driver names and strengths from the actual season. @GzeroD did a great job BOPing the cars, but the EVO needs a little restriction to run competitively (especially cause i wanted to recreate the actual balance from the season - Alfa is slower on the straights, but faster through corners):

https://acstuff.ru/s/Wutq

View attachment 930734

The tracks

To create the full championship you of course need the tracks. Here is the list.

Rounds:
1 and 2: Hockenheim (DTM Layout), 38 laps
3 and 4: Nurburgring (GT Short), 22 laps
5 and 6: Estoril, 23 laps
7 and 8: Helsinki Thunder, 32 laps
9 and 10: Norisring, 44 laps
11 and 12: Diepholz, 28 laps
13 and 14: Silverstone (90s classic layout), 20 laps
15 and 16: Nurburgring (GT Short), 22 laps
17 and 18: Magny-Cours, 24 laps
19 and 20: Mugello, 20 laps
21 and 22: Hockenheim (88 layout full), 15 laps
23 and 24: Interlagos, 24 laps
25 and 26: Suzuka, 18 laps

Prety impressive list, right? (all available for AC, if you can't find it, i can give you a link).

Also if you want to rewatch, all the races are on youtube, most in full:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=itc+1996

All the credits go to GzeroD and FVandelli and all that created the tracks.

Hope you enjoy it.
hello, I don't understand why when I load the preset with content manager, it only loads the OPEL cars and MERCEDES doesn't add me also alfa romeo, where am i wrong?

If you look at the changelog of the last alpha he posted right after his posts here, he is te real one:

Sol 1.6 alpha 6 reset your solconfig!
Changelog:
- core: better handling of "alternate" AC installs
# AC should be installed via Steam.
# If you have an "alternate" install, maybe you will find a solution in Sol folder
# We will not give any support for non-Steam installs !!!

That being said, it is sad he came here with a very negative predisposition (maybe just a bad day or somebody pissed him off). Even if he was right (and he probably was), his position was very harsh and negative and i hope he will not form a general opinion of the group acording to what he thinks this group is all about. If he reads through the thread some more, he will see what more and more people are getting aware of. This forum and especially this thread has de facto established itself as a frontrunner in everything new and good in AC. It in my opinion passed the RD, something i tought was never going to happen. Also the vibe and general conduct of everybody here has been nothing less than gentlemen like (and ladylike :)) and unbelievably positive. People helping left and right, being unselfish and patient with each other. Something that he (or anybody else for that matter) doesn't see very often on the internet these days. But ih he doesn't, it would be a shame, but totally his loss i guess. Doubt anybody would loose any sleep over it. Many great other people around.
Yes, he didn't seem himself. But, yep, he musta been the real deal.

You say, of this thread:
People helping left and right, being unselfish and patient with each other.
You're absolutely right. It is reassuring that there are places like this.
Oh, and thank you, Ales - I just downloaded everything you put together re ITC 1996. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I'm excited about it :) Thank you very much for that and the grid preset is a big time saver. As you were saying " People helping left and right, being unselfish and patient with each other. "

Hey, thanks for that !

Sol1.6 alpha 7 test. Great work @Peter Boese !

Heavy thunderstorm in cockpit view works and looks (and sounds) very good. Is it correct - and maybe often discussed? - that in replay mode the rain disappears? see the second video. Also like @Fall Guy already mentioned the wet spray is gone (yep also new smoke disabled in ParticlesFX

Test video of heavy thunderstorm cockpit view. The wind and speed effect of the rain on the windscreen is animated very good.
The lightning and thunder sound pop up more often now.

Video of replay external replay cam. Still looks amazing but the rain is gone which sounds as intended because external cam has no windscreen rain animation. Correct?

check it:

Thanks, great work and enjoying your track so far. One small request, can the AI be improved? I noticed the AI is still getting crashing into each other a lot in Turn 4. Also, I find the AI even at 99% are quite a bit slower and I am not exactly the fastest driver around. If those can be fix along with your new additional that would be awesome.

hello, I don't understand why when I load the preset with content manager, it only loads the OPEL cars and MERCEDES doesn't add me also alfa romeo, where am i wrong?
This would mean that the Alfa is not installed or is not seen by CM. Can you select the Alfa to drive with it or add it yourself? Maybe a silly question, have you installed the alfa evo s1 from my wetransfer and not the one from Legion site? Anybody else with this problem? If yes, then something is wrong with the preset file. Will take a look in a few hours, right now not at the computer.

Last edited:
This would mean that the Alfa is not installed or is not seen by CM. Can you select the Alfa to drive with it or add it yourself? Maybe a silly question, have you installed the alfa evo s1 from my wetransfer and not the one from Legion site? Anybody else with this problem? If yes, then something is wrong with the preset file. Will take a look in a few hours, right now not at the computer.

I think you may have quoted the wrong poster :) Alfa working great here

Nice one! Thanks for your efforts :) I can probably add these new textures, @Masscots baloons and also the layout with the bridge, I think at that point i'll be ready to call it a day on WS!

This really has become a team effort over the last few days thanks everyone :)

You may know about most of this...

This has probably already been suggested, but you could reduce the number of resources by separating models of the track into their own KN5 files and use separate "models.ini" files for each version. As long as the coordinates match up, you would just have one version of the base model of the track, and use that for all versions. Just add the balloons and ferris wheel in an additional ini file, and the bridge could be added in another version. You could even separate things further, such as other features you may want to swap out. Even the road mesh could be it's own KN5 file so it could be updated quickly without having to touch anything else. This would reduce the overall size of the track folder.

Another option is to use the skins feature so that users can turn features on and off in CM.

Hi everyone, can you share or re-upload the recent Ricardo Tormo track? I just can't seem to be able to download it from Mediafire.
Thank you
Circuit Ricardo Tormo (Valencia/Spain)
Mediafire Link
: https://www.mediafire.com/file/yw20vvcvk9ss81c/valenciart.rar

I searched this track (I appreciated it a lot on Race 07) via the "search box" of this forum, It costs nothing but some (little) time..!
I wrote it like a wink for some lazy people here. ;)

By the way, the track is excellent It's a great work on it. 👍

:cheers:

check it:

Also, @pk3r72owns
This is looking awesome!

I wonder, could a normal map be added to the ground materials to add texture and depth to the ground surface, or would that be too demanding on the graphics engine? With new grassfx, "raising" the pebbles and ground features may add even more realism--if the engine can handle it.

...maybe you've already added this, but it's not real clear in the preview images.

You may know about most of this...
This has probably already been suggested, but you could reduce the number of resources....

Hi, Thanks for the help. I am aware that I could have made it with seperate KN5 files etc. The only thing I have issues with is getting it all to line up properly. With RTB which I use, there's no option (that i'm aware of) to export just a single group of objects, be it billboards, walls etc, especially with them all being positioned correctly relative to the origin. I know that my fix for the 2 WS layouts was 'Lazy' and I do apologise for that! Maybe a readme saying 'delete as appropriate' would suffice for the time being!

So I like the Reboot Project version of Sebring, but not surprisingly it falls well short of the rF2 version. Old habits die hard, and I find myself waiting and waiting and waiting as I come out of Sunset Bend for that final big bump before getting on the throttle and mashing up the front straight towards the start/finish line....but the bump never comes :lol:
Here's an alternative to srp shutoko expressway or the c1 loop (very heavy for slow cpu systems when lights on) the wangen ikebukuru line from wmmt5 -
https://sharemods.com/cp7e5ifu57p1/Ikebukuro.zip.html

A fantastic experience. More detail than you'd find in the Encyclopedia Britannica. Tokyo in some post-apocalyptic scenario where everybody has been vaporized and only you are the only human left left to prowl the endless empty expressways in your McLaren P1 (or whatever; take your pick). Spooky.

After the link says Ready, I got a box open up and it said LEAVE or STAY. Click on LEAVE and you should be able to complete the download of track.
If you click on STAY, it will cancel a download on google drive.

I would have thought LEAVE would have meant "go home and ask no more," but noooooo, it means, 'be right with you.' Thanks.

Sol1.6 alpha 7 test. Great work @Peter Boese !

Heavy thunderstorm in cockpit view works and looks (and sounds) very good. Is it correct - and maybe often discussed? - that in replay mode the rain disappears? see the second video.

Test video of heavy thunderstorm cockpit view. The wind and speed effect of the rain on the windscreen is animated very good. The lightning and thunder sound pop up more often now.

Video of replay external replay cam. Still looks amazing but the rain is gone which sounds as intended because external cam has no windscreen rain animation. Correct?

thoroughly enjoyed watching your video... haven't updated to this SOL version as yet but its looking better each time... admittedly, teething bugs will iron out over time, and yes, exterior rain is in the works I believe... keep up with the racing and videos, cheers

BrainsBush_01.png
image below was captured on cue during the lightning storm... lit up the entire track for a split second...
BrainsBush_02.png

hello guys one question nurburgring 1967 gesamtstrecke here are tv cams or graphic fixes for this historical circuit of sergio loro
Many thanks for help

Imagine it like this:

That's how I learned to know Ascari. Slightly better, right ?

WOW, not seen this channel for years! I remember watching this guy's videos daily for Project CARS(1) videos back in 2015.
He's not made anything since!? I wonder what happened? 💡

Also, @pk3r72owns
This is looking awesome!

I wonder, could a normal map be added to the ground materials to add texture and depth to the ground surface, or would that be too demanding on the graphics engine? With new grassfx, "raising" the pebbles and ground features may add even more realism--if the engine can handle it.

...maybe you've already added this, but it's not real clear in the preview images.

Heres a .kn5 of willow with a Normal Map on the ground texture

just drop it into the main big willow directory, and launch the track, it wont work for the 'real' variation. You can give it a try and let me know what you thing.

For those that don't have to time or bandwidth to download etc, here is a YouTube video of it in 'action'

Should we go with something like this?

this is the Normal map I used made.

upload_2020-6-16_17-57-28.png

20200616174722_1.jpg

20200616174718_1.jpg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back