Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,164 comments
Fiat 131 mirafiori created by ACR mods

FB_IMG_1595517614795.jpg

Hi everyone
It's my first post. Some great content here. Wish I found this forum earlier

I find this Audi impossible to drive. Understeer is crazy. Any tips on set up? Or is one of my settings wrong

Thanks

Hi, BK Studio Admin here! The car is the only GT3 to currently use accurate data as far as Extended Physics can allow, so driving it compared to your normal GT3 is much harder to do than normal. If you'd like tips, go to #handling-feedback at BK Studio and our physicist and/or regulars will assist you with your problems! Thank You!

I have never tried it with AI, it seemed perfect for a test track (speed and a few corners) so have only used it as that!

Those chicanes would be a nightmare for AC AI.
Maybe I can see if I can turn that nightmare into something a little more palatable?

Is anyone working on the AI for this? I could look at it in a day or so or definitely the weekend, since no F1 this weekend :irked: :D

I havent done any packet analysis with RRE, yet.
AC had real bad security issues relating to multiplayer that I discovered, sent a bug report to them (I think its still not fixed).
Allows persons running servers to spoof other players, capture steamid and fill the server so nobody can join (and other issues). I wont be releasing any details publicly and have not retested in about 2 years.

I haven't done that either with AC or RRE, although having a lot of interest in this subject. I intend, though, to run some tests with CM, as I suspect Ilja has implemented something similar to RRE in regards to ecnrypted models.

And considering the large adoption of CM+CSP, a marketplace for encrypted mods could be easily implemented in CM, if forced to run in online-only mode.

Of course, as AC has a lot larger user base compared to RRE, probably a lot more skilled people would feel tempted to break this encryption, than is the case with RRE.

There is nothing particularly "competent" about R3E encryption, it's the online-only running model that allows this control. And even this operating mode can be attacked using protected memory access methods, if someone with enough skills and interest would bother trying.

Nonetheless, would people refuse to buy a game that does not work offline, and R3E (and the associated content creators) could end up with no business at all.

The quality of the encryption is debattable, but you're right about the online mode only. This was clearly the best protection possible when it's been decided (early 2011). Surely, some clever guys could crack it, like any other title, but it seems that R3E doesn't deserve this honor, which is easy to understand considering that it was less popular than most of the others racing games until the end of last year .

A lot of people got used to online games along the years, and I don't think they'll all dislike it suddenly.
FS 2020 will probably become one of the most popular game/simulator for the next 5 years at least, and it's pretty much playable online only.

R3E's editor (Raceroom) choice to make this game exclusively online is not necessarly what Sector3 Studios would have opted for, but I must reckon
it protected us from bankrupcy or worse for quite a long time already.;)

Last edited:
Hello guys here I am again to disturb you, I had through an acquaintance the AC version of Sebring 1970 , since I love this track there is some volunteer who can give it a fix? It would be really worth it even if it was ( I suppose) converted by RF1.
Thank you for the kind help you can give me
Sorry for my bad english .
preview.png

https://www.mediafire.com/file/uln5l48wp7cavsz/seb70.rar/file

Decent vintage-Sebring would be awesome. This version is not hopeless, but at some parts it's very ugly. Some rework on ground textures and trees would be great.

Decent vintage-Sebring would be awesome. This version is not hopeless, but at some parts it's very ugly. Some rework on ground textures and trees would be great.
Yes, but in fact it would be worth putting our hands on it to make it better in various things since there are none around of this version , it would need a volunteer to arm himself with holy patience and improve it ( like trees, dynamic lights etc etc ) would surely be a good job

Yes, but in fact it would be worth putting our hands on it to make it better in various things since there are none around of this version , it would need a volunteer to arm himself with holy patience and improve it ( like trees, dynamic lights etc etc ) would surely be a good job
And the esses are all wrong...

The quality of the encryption is debattable, but you're right about the online mode only. This was clearly the best protection possible when it's been decided (early 2011). Surely, some clever guys could crack it, like any other title, but it seems that R3E doesn't deserve this honor, which is easy to understand considering that it was less popular than most of the others racing games until the end of last year .

A lot of people got used to online games along the years, and I don't think they'll all dislike it suddenly.
FS 2020 will probably become one of the most popular game/simulator for the next 5 years at least, and it's pretty much playable online only.

R3E's editor (Raceroom) choice to make this game exclusively online is not necessarly what Sector3 Studios would have opted for, but I must reckon
it protected us from bankrupcy or worse for quite a long time already.;)

My argument is not the quality of the encryption, as sufficiently good and well-implemented encryption is available everywhere, and surely must be the case with RRE. I rather wanted to point out that the protection of RRE content is due to the online mode of operation.

And this is only a hindrance when there is an issue with the Internet connection. If someone is going to wait a day for the Internet connection to be restored, this surely is a time to spent in anything else but playing RRE.

As very few will be bothered by that, and Internet connections are mostly stable these days, probably the studio decision to go with this model has paid off, in the terms you put: protected the exclusive content, and lost only a small percentage of sales.

Hi, BK Studio Admin here! The car is the only GT3 to currently use accurate data as far as Extended Physics can allow, so driving it compared to your normal GT3 is much harder to do than normal. If you'd like tips, go to #handling-feedback at BK Studio and our physicist and/or regulars will assist you with your problems! Thank You!
Unfortunately, the discord does not allow using the translator, it is very inconvenient for foreigners, I can neither ask a question nor read it normally - I need to copy incomprehensible words and translate them in another window ... So it is impossible to follow list of questions and answers ...
May I ask here?
Really this Audi have such a light steering wheel in real life? When cornering, there is practically no feedback, and in case of loss of grip of the front wheels, the steering wheel becomes completely empty. This cannot be in a real car, but some mods in the AC, and even a few official cars from Kunos sin. That is, I want to say that in other cars, both mods and official, as well as in real life, when cornering, I feel an increase in steering effort, and good feedback from the road. And in this mod, and in some others - exactly the opposite. It doesn't seem right. I would like to understand if it is possible to change this in the config files?What is the point of doing this?

Thanks!

AI for Airport Piestany

Well it's a freight train now, but it's that kind of track, I guess. Passing attempts are somewhat suicidal:

Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_airport_piestany_22-6-120-19-6-18.jpg

Tested with GT3, RSS Formula Americaslovakia's, and I can't remember what else. Cool glider. Hot girls in the pits- what's not to like?

RD link:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ai-for-airport-piestany-1-22.34755/

Or for non-members:
https://mega.nz/file/u0AWXKoL#ez1YP4eqzUWdhEahaGMpSppJ4LkLn9jI_WxUYLlcIgA

Thanks to @safi hellie for making me aware of this track.

EDIT: Sorry LSM, didn't know you were thinking of taking a look. I can always pull it down, if you think it sucks....

Last edited:
Also, I hope you all don't mind the photo spam, but this still relates to modding. I've been working on a filter for the past couple of weeks and I wanted to know if y'all think it's download worthy. What do you think?

To be fair, we can't tell how it looks unless you share cockpit screenshots that include sunny & overcast weather, plus a night screenshot with cars ahead and behind you.
Cheers!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back