Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,802 comments
Screenshot_palmbeach_speedway_2-7-120-14-52-49.jpg

GrassFX + Lights (as good as possible for my knowledge) for Palmbeach Speedway.

In the package there's only the extension folder with the config + the data folder with a new camera set. It overwrite the original cameras, but they were moved as camera 3 and 4 so nothing will lose.

Just drop the folder over the original one and enjoy it ;)

https://sharemods.com/nh52elqjfpf6/palmbeach_speedway.zip.html

SNMM PPFilter 1.2 (preview)

Complete rewrite of my shiny PPF :
- Developed with SOL-1.6.2 and CSP 0.1.62
- No Reshade needed
- Designed to work with AutoExposure enabled (optional)

About AutoExposure:
I you don't like this feature, it is surely because kuno's have designed it to work mainly on 16/9 screens, with a 54° FOV and the default seat positions.
You can disable it in "SNMM.ini" (line 5) or increase the TARGET value (line 6) if you have a FOV shorter than 54° or a multi monitor system.

I'd really apreciate some feedback from VR drivers.

Screenshot_ks_ferrari_250_gto_lemans_2017_2-7-120-14-14-8.jpg

Screenshot_ks_ferrari_250_gto_lemans_2017_2-7-120-14-5-2.jpg Screenshot_ks_ferrari_250_gto_lemans_2017_2-7-120-14-5-41.jpg Screenshot_ks_ferrari_250_gto_lemans_2017_2-7-120-14-9-47.jpg Screenshot_ks_ferrari_250_gto_lemans_2017_2-7-120-14-15-2.jpg Screenshot_ks_ferrari_250_gto_lemans_2017_2-7-120-14-16-50.jpg

View attachment 945806

GrassFX + Lights (as good as possible for my knowledge) for Palmbeach Speedway.

In the package there's only the extension folder with the config + the data folder with a new camera set. It overwrite the original cameras, but they were moved as camera 3 and 4 so nothing will lose.

Just drop the folder over the original one and enjoy it ;)

https://sharemods.com/nh52elqjfpf6/palmbeach_speedway.zip.html

Is the texture of the walls not the other way round?

Don't know man, i've taken the file placed here some pages ago and updated due to the fact i liked the track, but i didn't check the textures honestly. Can you explain me where so i can check it? Thanks

Sure.

Open Suzuki Swift 'data' folder.
Open 'ai.ini' file

Put these 2 lines, where you have yours. Or just modify the 7300 value, or only the 3. It's late. :crazy:

[GEARS]
UP=7300

Give the feedback please.
well that didnt work unfortunate. see the following lines from Ai.ini

[HEADER]
VERSION=0.1 Rallyworld Assetto Garage

[GEARS]
UP=7300 ; Upchange gear at value RPM (also used for automatic gearbox assist)
DOWN=6500 ; Downshift gear at value RPM (also used for automatic gearbox assist)
SLIP_THRESHOLD=1.2 ; Slipratio permitted for AI driving
GAS_CUTOFF_TIME=0.18 ; Gearchange time needed for AI control

[PEDALS]
GASGAIN=1.7
BRAKE_HINT=0.95
TRAIL_HINT=0.3

[LOOKAHEAD]
BASE=25.0
SPEED_GAIN=0.8
GAS_BRAKE_LOOKAHEAD=4

[STEER]
STEER_GAIN=1.5

this car is a little slow compared to URD cars
Is it? That's a shame. I couldn't try it yet. Just found the link and shared. Was hoping in extending a bit the GTE pack which I love, but it's only 5 cars.

What are we talking about, how many seconds a lap? Maybe could be BOPed

i just got the Bahrain track thanks for the info.

Hi @ales100i I thought there were good Sebring and lemans tracks for AC? Maybe I am thinking of RF2 which I also have. Too many tracks to remember what I actually do have for AC.

take care.
We have very good versions of those tracks, but official licensed track is still something different. It should be modeled better, be more accurate and these two are regarded as best versions of those tracks in the entire sim racing. Don't know if these are laser scanned (think they both are). And that's then a whole new ball game. So Sebring and LeMans from rf2 and Hockenheim and Interlagos from AMS, which I think are also laser scanned, are on my top wishlist of conversions ever. And if someone could ever convert ACC Suzuka, like we now have Bathurst in WIP. Then I can die a happy man. :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Great work on your PBIR clockwise version - thanks. Have you been able to get a start/finish line marker for it? It would be really nice to see that.

Yes I have a start finish line - I have 3 red lines close together indicating the S/F line Nut it is not quite the way I like it. For some reason I cant quite get the line straight across the Road, It is slightly at an angle. I have tried to change all the settings, and nothing seems to rotate the lines for me.
But least it is a S/F line for now.

I will put a revised version of the track with all the great changes others have given me Cameras and VAO file. Replay cameras work great.
Added: Also thank you @CrisT86 for the config file, etc- will try it out later this morning.
A correct Reverse version of the Palmbeach track is being looked at and in the works also - Even though real life they may not go this direction..

Last edited:
Here, this has the NSX youre looking for, but much better physics and accurate skins. it also has a fake Lexus RCF GT500, but you can get a much better Lexus LC500 GT500 in this very forum, just search it up. made by delpinsky

hi, did you forget the link? cant see anything.

Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_x_bahrain_international_circuit_2-7-120-15-32-12.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_x_bahrain_international_circuit_2-7-120-15-31-43.jpg

Some expert of LightFX like @slider666 knows how to fix lights which are not working with some PPFilters? I mean, i've downloaded the new Bahrain conversion but with SOL ACC PPF lights are faded out, the autor on RD says it will try to fix it but it seems he has not fixed it with the v1.2.

Anyway, as someone request on RD heres some value to add to ext_config in order to have darker grass on that track

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_4]
DESCRIPTION = GrassFX
MATERIALS = GRASS.001
ACTIVE = 1
KEY_0 = ksPerPixel
VALUE_0 = 255, 255, 255, 0.15
KEY_1 = ksDiffuse
VALUE_1 = 0

Last edited:
What factors, besides the detailing of the 3d model and textures, can affect the CPU load and FPS with a filled AI grid?
I am trying to optimize RSS Formula 2 to have a complete starting grid. Despite the fact that the mod has LODs, I get much lower fps than with Kunos cars. At first I thought it was because LODs are heavier than necessary. And i made very light version of LOD D.
It didn't increase the fps. Then I changed lods.ini so that LOD D is displayed already at 1 meter distance. Thus, I see all the cars of rivals, even the closest ones, in the low detail (as an experiment). But the FPS still hasn't changed.
I think that it makes no sense to experiment further with LODs files.
But what needs to be done? What can affect performance like that? I can put other cars on the grid in the amount of 18-25,
RSS Formula 2 - only 7-8. In addition to reducing the detail of LODs, what other ways can improve performance?

And that's then a whole new ball game. So Sebring and LeMans from rf2 and Hockenheim and Interlagos from AMS, which I think are also laser scanned, are on my top wishlist of conversions ever. And if someone could ever convert ACC Suzuka. Then I can die a happy man. :lol: :lol:
RF2's laserscan Monaco not on this list? :)

Hi ! :)

Go to the dedicated VRC download page
https://vrc-modding-team.net/show/package/1

If as me, You bought it previously in an older version, You have just to sign with your email address and You will be able to download it.

Cheers ! :cheers:

How does the car drive compared to old version and compared to RSS 2020 one? Won't have a chance to drive it till tomorrow.

RF2's laserscan Monaco not on this list? :)

Well yes and no. That track I personally don't prefer driving a whole lot. It should just not be meant for racing. So it's not to high on my priority list. :lol:

Same as Adelaide from AMS for example. I like that one better for driving than Monaco, but these street circuits get far less driving time for me.

You know that feeling when you buy clothes online and it arrived and you open it and its the wrong size?
GT3 vs GT1

upload_2020-8-2_21-56-7.png

upload_2020-8-2_21-56-55.png

upload_2020-8-2_21-57-42.png

Do not talk to me, or my Son ever again!
upload_2020-8-2_21-59-30.png

But hey, its free, so no complaints here, Good AI and okay to drive. Just thought its too amusing not to share

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-2_21-55-34.png
    upload_2020-8-2_21-55-34.png
    30 KB · Views: 23
The "Official" Brabham BT62 Mod

Somehow I missed the release of the "official" Brabham BT62 a couple of months ago. Yes, there's issues with where the model, physics, and sound came from, but it's a really fun version to drive.

I just uploaded this, so YT is still processing it. Wait about 20-30 minutes, and the 2560 x 1080 60FPS version will be viewable.
[UPDATE] Processing complete. View it at YT for the best quality.

For others that missed it, the download link is in the description of the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
What factors, besides the detailing of the 3d model and textures, can affect the CPU load and FPS with a filled AI grid?
I am trying to optimize RSS Formula 2 to have a complete starting grid. Despite the fact that the mod has LODs, I get much lower fps than with Kunos cars. At first I thought it was because LODs are heavier than necessary. And i made very light version of LOD D.
It didn't increase the fps. Then I changed lods.ini so that LOD D is displayed already at 1 meter distance. Thus, I see all the cars of rivals, even the closest ones, in the low detail (as an experiment). But the FPS still hasn't changed.
But what needs to be done? What can affect performance like that? I can put other cars on the grid in the amount of 18-25,
RSS Formula 2 - only 7-8. In addition to reducing the detail of LODs, what other ways can improve performance?

A few things can also affect CPU/FPS including detailed aero and an over the top collider among other things. Clean out the aero file as a test and maybe replace collider too just to see what happens?

How does the car drive compared to old version and compared to RSS 2020 one? Won't have a chance to drive it till tomorrow.
Hi ! :)

I will answer You but don't expect so much because It really depends of some skills, feelings, experiences, preferences and for this last word, my thing is powerful cars with the sensation to drive them "on the edge".
For example, the Lotus 98T and the Porsche 917/30 "Can-Am" might be the better examples and my pleasure is to drive them "smooth" (and fast) like Alain Prost (not my favorite driver by the way, even if We are both "froggies").

Soooo, I didn't drove the 2018 Formula NA in version 1.6, I just drove a lot with the Formula NA 1999 (on Road America) which I always loved (You know... rough "Turbo Feeling" !^^).
Anyway, the VRC Modding Team announced his version of the Formula NA 2020 with the aeroscreen so, It will be the time to compare it quietly.

I'm sorry if my answer will not satisfy You but It's very rare I give my feelings here or elsewhere.

Cheers ! :cheers:

Sorry to hear about your issues. Things like this can be baffling and infuriating in equal measures.
If performance is normal on startup then deteriorates over time, isn't this usually an indication of a memory leak?

Sounds about right Masscot. Is that a software or hardware issue? I don't think I've had this happen with other sims...

Is it? That's a shame. I couldn't try it yet. Just found the link and shared. Was hoping in extending a bit the GTE pack which I love, but it's only 5 cars.

What are we talking about, how many seconds a lap? Maybe could be BOPed

3-4 seconds in Spa against AMR (Aston Martin)

You can also try to reduce all the liveries from 4k to 2k (using GIMP). Did that to every skins for my large grid, significant FPS boost as a result.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back