Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,821 comments
B8bF4qw7Xq.jpeg

Islip Speedway

The shorter track ever used by a Grand National event, last race was hosted back on 1971, track was open until mid 80's and demolished later.
Thanks to the magic of sims We can virtually enjoy it.
Important note : if you race against AI, only Quick Race mode works, if you select Weekend, AI cars will go crazy, soon as find out a solution going to update the track.
Track had night light working if you use CSP.
Enjoy it.

This track is part of the F3 Classic Tracks by Sergio Loro Project.
Scratch made by Sergio Loro. Any asset or map used by this package is used under authorization of their respective owners.

© 2020 “F3 Classic Tracks by Sergio Loro”. All rights reserved by their respective license holders.

The AI behaves crazy wanting the save of the pits so much, that they try to pierce the track wall.
This happens on quick race.

Hi Paulo

I have made a complete set of AI lines for St.Petersburg - Shushari by GTSUPREME last week. I did send it to Teddie (who asked me to do it) for some feedback. Maybe you can crosscheck too.

Here you go:

Cheers mate. I will, as soon as I can, but maybe only at night.:cheers:

well that didnt work unfortunate. see the following lines from Ai.ini

[HEADER]
VERSION=0.1 Rallyworld Assetto Garage

[GEARS]
UP=7300 ; Upchange gear at value RPM (also used for automatic gearbox assist)
DOWN=6500 ; Downshift gear at value RPM (also used for automatic gearbox assist)
SLIP_THRESHOLD=1.2 ; Slipratio permitted for AI driving
GAS_CUTOFF_TIME=0.18 ; Gearchange time needed for AI control

[PEDALS]
GASGAIN=1.7
BRAKE_HINT=0.95
TRAIL_HINT=0.3

[LOOKAHEAD]
BASE=25.0
SPEED_GAIN=0.8
GAS_BRAKE_LOOKAHEAD=4

[STEER]
STEER_GAIN=1.5

Just delete your Suzuki folder and install mine please. Go direct to track, selecting same model. They all start racing.
https://mega.nz/file/Ap0x1b4S

Stupid MEGA, even selecting 'no key file', it decide to force a download key. :indiff:

Here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/4u64oclho0i6m3o/Cup_suzuki_swift_19.rar/file

Last edited:
The "Official" Brabham BT62 Mod

Somehow I missed the release of the "official" Brabham BT62 a couple of months ago. Yes, there's issues with where the model, physics, and sound came from, but it's a really fun version to drive.

I just uploaded this, so YT is still processing it. Wait about 20-30 minutes, and the 2560 x 1080 60FPS version will be viewable.
[UPDATE] Processing complete. View it at YT for the best quality.

For others that missed it, the download link is in the description of the video.

If that's the official download then the car has been improved several times by the community. Try searching this thread - a better version is probably available.

How do I keep the reverse layout? This overwrites the whole original track. I know it goes the other way but I like the reverse too after doing a few turns around it.

FYI and all, have installed as an additional layout inside original track-folder, try the following steps with the reworked track mod from @dathyr (clockwise layout), works OK...

1. rename folder from \palmbeach_speedway to \palmbeach_normal
2. same for KN5 file, rename palmbeach_speedway.kn5 to palmbeach_normal.kn5
3. inside \ui folder, create new folder ino \palmbeach_normal and place all files inside
4. at track-directory (whichever), create models_palmbeach_normal.ini with:

[MODEL_0]
FILE=palmbeach_normal.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

note: MODEL_1 is not required as the reworked KN5 contains entire track, pit area included.

the reworked file structure should look like this:
upload_2020-8-3_1-21-44.png

upload_2020-8-3_1-24-5.png

upload_2020-8-3_1-24-46.png

5. update the ui_track.json file

when installed, the entire file-structure should look like this:
note: this procedure avoids overwriting the original track-file-structure.
upload_2020-8-3_1-23-9.png

6. create new VAO for both KN5 files

Both reverse & normal layouts tested OK 👍

The reworked layout (clockwise) will now appear as an additional layout like this:

noname.jpg

post update: attached ZIP contains INI and VAO files

Attachments

• palmbeach_speedway+normal__VAO-INI-files.zip
    3 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
You can also try to reduce all the liveries from 4k to 2k (using GIMP). Did that to every skins for my large grid, significant FPS boost as a result.
As far as I understand, this works when the bottleneck of the system is the video card. In my case, the weak link is the processor. It is more dependent on the number of polygons in 3D models, and some calculations ...

and if you like Fuzo's work, then try the latest update...

UH5SdxX.png

Fixes and updates in version 1.5:
  • improved some additional textures and materials in the interior and LODs
  • reworked rims and rim blur materials and textures to make color change easier (replace metal_detail_rim.dds)
  • increased range of wiper animation
  • reworked suspension physics to match closer real data (motion ratios, roll centers, geometry etc… still WIP)
  • deleted some items which were not realistic from setup screen
  • added brand new unique sounds (thx. @ACFAN)
  • added some new CSP features (PBR materials, lights, gauges etc..)
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/skoda-130-rs.26700/updates

If that's the official download then the car has been improved several times by the community. Try searching this thread - a better version is probably available.
re: BT62 - All files on the "official" are dated May 2, 2020 which was the "official" release date.

Sounds about right Masscot. Is that a software or hardware issue? I don't think I've had this happen with other sims...
Hi Kevin, Now and then I experience the same sudden FPS drop and that starts with the same longer then before loading time of track and car(s). It takes seconds before a KN5 file loads and then you see the progress bar acting very slow. bar by bar progressing.
I have not find out the root cause but my work around is to do a complete delete of CSP/SOL and clean install. Then it performs how it should be (at least in my case). I think it is a mix/mess of new PP filters, settings in CSP/SOL?

===
BTW After my holiday period we - sooner then expected - moved* from one side to the other side of the country and my rig was packed for about 4 weeks. Very very long four weeks!!! Now and then I could still follow this AC mod thread to avoid a stressful 500 pages read ;)

For that reason I was a bit offline the last couple of weeks. At least no photos in the thread. Now catching up again

Last edited:
Screenshot_vrc_1997_ferrari_f310b_croft_sp_2-7-120-20-4-26.jpg

Screenshot_vrc_1997_ferrari_f310b_croft_sp_2-7-120-20-4-14.jpg

Updated SP Croft by @GzeroD.

New ext_config made from scratch with GrassFX and LightFX where possible, now placed inside the track folder instead in the other root (be sure to remove the old one from assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks and assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded folders.

New replay camera set with 3 variations for every layout (same camera placement but 3 different FOV values).

Just drop the folder inside the track folder itself and enjoy

https://sharemods.com/brb3vxa4o3hf/Legion_-_Croft_SP_v010620_by_Legion_for_AC_1.16.3.zip.html

Hi Kevin, Now and then I experience the same sudden FPS drop and that starts with the same longer then before loading time of track and car(s). It takes seconds before a KN5 file loads and then you see the progress bar acting very slow. bar by bar progressing.
I have not find out the root cause but my work around is to do a complete delete of CSP/SOL and clean install. Then it performs how it should be (at least in my case). I think it is a mix/mess of new PP filters, settings in CSP/SOL?

===
BTW After my holiday period we - sooner then expected - moved* from one side to the other side of the country and my rig was packed for about 4 weeks. Very very long four weeks!!! Now and then I could still follow this AC mod thread to avoid a stressful 500 pages read ;)

For that reason I was a bit offline the last couple of weeks. At least no photos in the thread. Now catching up again

Thanks for this. I did try reinstalling CSP and SOL. Today, I looked around my Windows installation, and found a failed update install. I just let it try to reinstall, and now it looks like it is working normally again. I monitored memory, and nothing seemed out of the ordinary at this time.

I thought load times were related to having used the compression tool in CM. Seems like mods that I haven't compressed always load quickly, but after that, if I haven't used a car or track in a while, the kn5 files can load pretty slow.

View attachment 945966
View attachment 945967

Updated SP Croft by @GzeroD.

New ext_config made from scratch with GrassFX and LightFX where possible, now placed inside the track folder instead in the other root (be sure to remove the old one from assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks and assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded folders.

New replay camera set with 3 variations for every layout (same camera placement but 3 different FOV values).

Just drop the folder inside the track folder itself and enjoy

https://sharemods.com/brb3vxa4o3hf/Legion_-_Croft_SP_v010620_by_Legion_for_AC_1.16.3.zip.html
Can you clarify? Legions versions relate to the date last updated,so in this last updated June 1, 2020. Are you saying you have dated since then or is this just you posting about the June update

Can you clarify? Legions versions relate to the date last updated,so in this last updated June 1, 2020. Are you saying you have dated since then or is this just you posting about the June update

The zip i posted will include ONLY the EXTENSION folder with a scratch made EXT_CONFIG for GrassFX and LightFX + replay cameras (the original one by him are not working) in 3 different version based on different FOVS for each layout.

You STILL NEED to download the v010620 from Legion website in order to use my update.

Hope now is clear :)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back