Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
Hi All. I was wondering if any body can help. On some cars the rain with Ilya CSP does not wipe off the windscreen even on Kunos cars. Is there a fix that can be done for any car. Thanks in advance.

One thing that works is to turn off "use new windscreen effect" in RainFX (CSP settings). This of course loses whatever is nice about this effect, but it makes it driveable. Oddly, when I stand up and stick my head through the roof and look at the windscreen from the outside, only half is being wiped.

There is talk of a WIPERS section in an ini somewhere, but it hasn't been made clear where this is or what we are supposed to do with it.

Jaguar XJ220S V2.0

-The turbo gauge is better.
-Colored rims they match the color of the body just like on the real cars.
-Better collider its weird trust me.
__custom_showroom_1599664157.jpg

My try at some conversions with games I have, AKA: ****buckets

Included in archive is 4 cars:
EWORsuperbuggy - (rF1 - this same model is also in Dirt i think, suspension travel intrigued me as well as doing animated suspensions)
McLaren MP4/5 - (F1-2015, to see if I could)
Dome 101 LeMans - (GTR2) and a C65 I converted using the Dome base
Formula RaceRoom - (ripped from old RR, this will make a good mod)

a few things i cant figure out:
SUSP_** - pivots/placement
WHEEL_** - not really figuring it out, but they rotate on-axis now
STEER* - I dont drive with one visible, but I will need to know how to set that too

My texture mapping and material skill is super bad
I tried to make my own blur/dirt wheels for FRR (kinda worked)
For the FRR I ripped the basic cockpit out and put in the high-detail one, edited out the extra mirrors and tried to make new mirror. The FRR decodes so well, I could drop it in GTR2 as-is. Also, the phyics decoded and I can easily translate them to AC)
(but the mirrors error so I had to rename the material, and suspension obs names too, one is still SUSP_RF for testing as it pivots properly but not in the right space)
I did all the work and rips myself, the cars go into game and drive

the basic ripping etc I can kind of do, using QuickBMS/3dSimed
I cant do things like instruments very well either.

Someone want to try to give some hints and direction?

download my ****buckets here

note: if you use VR or have a weak stomach, dont dl.

Last edited:
Disable new smoke option. That worked for me.
This new CSP smoke stuff can be funny too. Had the funniest race for long time with Fiat 500. My engine obviously suffered damage...

Attachments

• kusiaiskisa5.jpg
    kusiaiskisa5.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 46
  • kusiaiskisa8.jpg
    kusiaiskisa8.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 42
Also, the phyics decoded and I can easily translate them to AC)
Now that's something interesting, perhaps that could theoretically mean that we could easly take rFactor/GTR2 mods physics and convert them for AC by using his method with whatever means he does with.

I forgot that RR was Gmotor2 (as is Real Time Racing), both by Simbin.
I did convert some cars and a few tracks from RTR to GTR2, they were really good.
Now that's something interesting, perhaps that could theoretically mean that we could easly take rFactor/GTR2 mods physics and convert them for AC by using his method with whatever means he does with.

So yea, I actually used a engine curve from rFactor for one of the F1-1993 cars (Muggen Honda). Its abit of work, but other data can be lifted physics wise to do a real close match. IDt ChampCars were always a physics favourite of mine, and Im sure I could get permissions from D.Purdy :)

OH.. NFS SHIFT 1/2 are also Gmotor2.5 based and also translate the same

Here is Superleague Formula download, another Gmotor2 based free game released by ISI (I dont think its encryped, if it is just use rfdec)
https://web.archive.org/web/2009070...ormula-announces-launch-of-official-videogame

Last edited:
this 924 is sex

@TonySSS ... lets make a deal, you do rips... I do physics?

If you guys are actually seriously going to work on this. I race a Naturally aspirated Porsche 944 cup car in the US, so I'd be more than happy to help consult on the handling and things. Even though this one looks like one of the old Trans Am Turbo'd 924's, I'm sure it has similar DNA underneath handling wise.

This new CSP smoke stuff can be funny too. Had the funniest race for long time with Fiat 500. My engine obviously suffered damage...
Terve!
Yep, crashes on those F1 updates I did are cool. Also there is brake smoke now too :)

If you guys are actually seriously going to work on this. I race a Naturally aspirated Porsche 944 cup car in the US, so I'd be more than happy to help consult on the handling and things. Even though this one looks like one of the old Trans Am Turbo'd 924's, I'm sure it has similar DNA underneath handling wise.
If its anything like the other TA cars, its nothing like even a modified stock chassis... mostly a silhouette frame with only the floorboard and center cockpit structure.

Last edited:
Yeah I kinda' figured it might be. Oh well! If you do make this one and it's an old TA car, remember to use the physics trick to give it a welded/spooled diff! It's really important to how cars from that area of american racing handled and adds a ton of immersion imo.

Also please, please, please I'm begging you do it. It would be so cool!

Same error with the 2020 update version, Avus 1930 . But why????
Avus 1930 - Ambush Canyon - Autódromo de Sitges-Terramar (yours too ZeroD):) - EhraLessien Test - Imola 1972 - rouen-les-essarts-2016-rtb.

All these have the same issue.
If there is a good soul that have a version of these tracks and want to share, I appreciate it.

vwfy.png

Cheers

Try opening the map in the content tab by selecting Update Preview, it will load with what ever car you have selected in the drive section.

then if the map loads try the drive menu again

Hi everyone I would like to ask you if anyone was able to recreate or convert this track from Total Immersion Racing which is called Springfield with 2 layouts (I have not found a similar circuit really exists so I think it is invented) if you want to take a look I leave the link of a YouTube video (Total Immersion Racing also exists on PC)

Link 1: Springfield

Link 2: Springfield Short

Hi everyone I would like to ask you if anyone was able to recreate or convert this track from Total Immersion Racing which is called Springfield with 2 layouts (I have not found a similar circuit really exists so I think it is invented) if you want to take a look I leave the link of a YouTube video (Total Immersion Racing also exists on PC)

Well, considering the Quaife R4 got converted from this game, it should be possible to convert tracks such as this one too surely.

I used to love that game back in the day

One thing that works is to turn off "use new windscreen effect" in RainFX (CSP settings). This of course loses whatever is nice about this effect, but it makes it driveable. Oddly, when I stand up and stick my head through the roof and look at the windscreen from the outside, only half is being wiped.

There is talk of a WIPERS section in an ini somewhere, but it hasn't been made clear where this is or what we are supposed to do with it.

Thanks for that. I will give it a try later. I will check with head through roof as well .

Since I first drove on Ascari race track in GT5, I always loved this magnificent race track. We have a version in AC, 'ascariraceresort', the layout and elevation are fine but it looks rough, which is a shame.
I am hoping that maybe a new skin, could be done by some one. The video lap attached shows what it looks like and also where the cones for apex, etc... are located. A lot of attention have been given to much lesser tracks when this outstanding track has been forgotten, now is the time to fix this injustice.

this injustice still needs to be addressed. :lol::lol::lol:

I also hope somebody will someday convert the rfactor version of the old Brno city track, which was a legendary track, well loved by racers for decades. The rfactor version looks very good as well:

I'll tackle this one as my next project if no one else is currently working on it.

Looks like @Zwiss did some conversion/enhancements for GTR2, probably a good base to work off of...

Last edited:
Is this a new CM quirk? New cars and tracks don't appear under the 'new' tab unless I restart CM. They used to show up immediately. Been like this for a couple of weeks, and might have coincided with my new PC.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back