Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,075 comments
Probably wanna ask Claudio Cas / Cla01 about that - it's his mod. If only so that it gets corrected at the source.

It might be a similar issue to a problem on Shokeus ACT80's 964 RSR that mrgone was able to provide a fix for, so he might also be able to quickly point you / Cla01 in the right direction (pinpoint the stray triangles that change the center of the model).

Or you / Cla01 can back track this post for further context:

I was really just hoping Teddie might wave his magic wand over it and do the fix. ;)

I'm not a modder. Nor do I have the software required. (But I do have maximum respect for everyone that does good modding work.) Also, I'm not really up for chasing the guy you mentioned either to be honest. It's not that important to me.

I'm improving two 350z's I found on this forum (I think) as practice.
One is stock and one is the Gran Turismo 4 Edition. Both based on the model from WKMod.

Apperantely the stock one was already updated but it was missing wheel/tyre/rim shadows, had no ao, wasn't paintable and had some weird shaders.

Are people interested in this?
upload_2020-9-10_12-7-47.png

Did someone say they were going to update Motodrom Schottenring?
The ultra-pixellated 8-bit BP bridge logo was annoying me enough to do a half-assed fix over a cup of coffee, literally one of the laziest things I've ever done yet still hopefully a slight improvement. I quadrupled the texture resolution and slapped in new higher-res logos, but the rest of the 'art' remains the same (told you it was lazy and half-assed). The reverse side of the bridge has been tweaked too.
Anyway, feel free to fold it into the update if you like, whoever's doing this.

Before:
Screenshot_a3dr_porsche_993_c2_actk_motodromschotten_10-9-120-11-26-10.jpg

After:
Screenshot_a3dr_porsche_993_c2_actk_motodromschotten_10-9-120-11-22-7.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7jy1lwgm161mvi7/file
(add the 'skins' folder to the track folder, select the 'BP' skin)

Assetto Corsa - Mine 2005 TV-CAM (GTR2 to AC)

thats alot of smoke!

[PARTICLES_FX_EXHAUST_0]
POSITION=your exh position
DIRECTION=0.0,-0.25,-1 ; in this case... a little down and back
COLOR = 0.95,0.9,0.9 ; RGB blend - 0,0,0 is black, 1,1,1 is white
LIFE = 1, 2 ; how long particles last in the air before disappearing
SPEED = 0.7, 1 ; how fast smoke particles fly from the exhaust
SPREAD = 0.15 ; initial spread of particles
STARTING_SIZE = 0.04 ; initial size of particles
SPAWN_OFFSET = 0.02 ; initial spawn point offset (length-wise)
INTENSITY = 0.2.5, 0.4 ; smoke intensity
TEMPERATURE_LAG = 1 ; engine heating up (1 to disable)
SPEED_THRESHOLD = 15, 150 ; speed at which the smoke disappears
ACTIVE=1
GAS_LAG=0.9

Update v1.01
add texture bridge4_beton.dds by Mascot 👍
The more I drive this track, the more I like it. It's got a really interesting layout with some great elevation changes, and really deserves more love.
There are quite a few patches of grass that haven't been picked up by the GrassFX config.
Loads of low-res textures.
Very blurry middle-distance landscape (maybe GrassFX applied here as well would help?)
Some invisible geometry on pit bridges.
Opportunity for more layouts.
Rain prep.
Night lighting.

It could end up rather special. The basics are all in place.

Damn, wonder if ANYONE from that league will ever privately share to us this wonderful fantasy formula car after all races are done or if RSS in the future decides to put it up for sale since they're the designers. Literally it's my dream formula car: V10, Aeroscreen instead of halo and 2021/2 body design, what more can I ask for?

can someone convert these historic tracks from Rfactor?

Tripoli - Mellaha '37 - Not converting, mesh too bad.

Imported to AC from the file you suplied, but, that road mesh is RAW.. like driving with triangular wheels..

think the mesh is clean enough for a few subdivs. but, graphically the track is still a bit.. "meh", I think we wait for the other one from @GzeroD ..

Last edited:

Damn, wonder if ANYONE from that league will ever privately share to us this wonderful fantasy formula car after all races are done or if RSS in the future decides to put it up for sale since they're the designers. Literally it's my dream formula car: V10, Aeroscreen instead of halo and 2021/2 body design, what more can I ask for?

From what I’ve heard, the mod will be released to the public after the season concludes, kind of like how the FIA Truck one was

Wait, this car was developed by RSS!? Now I'm even *more* excited to drive this car.

Imported to AC from the file you suplied, but, that road mesh is RAW.. like driving with triangular wheels..

think the mesh is clean enough for a few subdivs. but, graphically the track is still a bit.. "meh", I think we wait for the other one from @GzeroD ..

Can you please share? Does it support AI racing?

The other version of Mellaha went to the port zone, or am I wrong?

Peugeot 308 RCZ Cup car 2010 is finally getting some skins. IMO a hidden gem and one of the most underrated cars released in the last period. Originally developed by "our" @The7thSense, and then finished off by Assetoland. It has that rare realistic feeling of handling on the road, that makes you think: this is just like driving my car IRL. I really recommend everybody to give it a try, if you haven't allready. It had only one skin, one of the reasons it did not take off as it deservingly should. Anyway, @mabimotors over at RD is making a set of fictional skins ATM and is releasing them one by one:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/mabimotors.5002/

The car can be found on Assetoland:

https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland/peugeot

Last edited:

looks good mate thanks for your effort !

would you share this ?
maybe actk can update the track then

I haven't seen that many palm trees since my last shopping spree in Beverly Hills. Looks like it would be the World's Fastest Road Circuit; probably close to 400 kph!

I really like it!Thanks for the effort you're putting in to it.
One thing i noticed and need attention ,i sthe rear wheel width.It needs to be much wider.
Thanks

Well I bludgeoned my way through my Dodge collection this afternoon and although I said I wouldn't release anything for a while, I've refined my processes in the last couple of months, so thought I'd see if I couldn't further improve the exterior of the Viper I reworked a while back: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1032#post-13076968

Anyway, some shaders/materials/textures have been further tweaked, I found the hidden rear brake calipers and moved them into position and finally let Blender have a crack at automapping the exterior, the result will probably make our resident painters shoot themselves but it does kinda work and it's exactly the kind of bodged effort that makes me smile. LODs have also been updated to reflect the changes.

I was already happy enough with the physics so no changes there. I'm finished with the car now so any feedback or complaints will fall on sympathetic, but deaf ears. Anyone wants to take it further then crack on. Original link also updated, it will overwrite the previous version.

https://mega.nz/file/LoN1hYAZ#yccJjJB1W0rN9htF3PWKk7Mu6JXgR1dmv1YbyeFFV00

119089992_10104011704161498_3838736974406619801_o.jpg

Further adjustments to the Brasileiro de Marcas mod I've been working on for the past couple weeks The main changes are inclusions of adjustable rear aero and cockpit-adjustable brake bias:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6f5bx7nob148qen/Marcas+Revisions+1.3.zip/file

I will add adjustable suspension at some point but this is the most in-depth I have gone with mod editing so far.

Of course, obligatory Nordschleife test below:

Peugeot 308 RCZ Cup car 2010 is finally getting some skins. IMO a hidden gem and one of the most underrated cars released in the last period. Originally developed by "our" @The7thSense, and then finished off by Assetoland. It has that rare realistic feeling of handling on the road, that makes you think: this is just like driving my car IRL. I really recommend everybody to give it a try, if you haven't allready. It had only one skin, one of the reasons it did not take off as it deservingly should. Anyway, @mabimotors over at RD is making a set of fictional skins ATM and is releasing them one by one:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/mabimotors.5002/

The car can be found on Assetoland:

https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland/peugeot
Thank you Ales100i for shedding light on this. I never got anyone to make skins for the car. And you are point on when it comes to the handling of the car. Be sure to have the tires warm before pushing the car to the limit ;) I used alot of time researching and gathering info about the car. I got alot of info from the real racing team driving this car. "
Franky Smits and TRAXX Racing Team:
For providing us with all kinds of useful information, documentations and pictures of the car,
so we could try to replicate this mod like the one in real life.
You can visit the teams Facebook here:
https://www.facebook.com/Traxx-Racing-Team-106460276060081/
or the teams official website here: http://traxxracingteam.eu/ Glad you like it ales100i :) also a big thanks to mabimotors for making more skins for the car. Looking forward to more of them. Shame the pixel quality of the mod is not so good. FM4 convert ;) NOTE: It is not having wiper-animations..Would like to have that on the car :)

Last edited:
Thank you Ales100i for shedding light on this. I never got anyone to make skins for the car. And you are point on when it comes to the handling of the car. Be sure to have the tires warm before pushing the car to the limit ;) I used alot of time researching and gathering info about the car. I got alot of info from the real racing team driving this car. "
Franky Smits and TRAXX Racing Team:
For providing us with all kinds of useful information, documentations and pictures of the car,
so we could try to replicate this mod like the one in real life.
You can visit the teams Facebook here:
https://www.facebook.com/Traxx-Racing-Team-106460276060081/
or the teams official website here: http://traxxracingteam.eu/ Glad you like it ales100i :) also a big thanks to mabimotors for making more skins for the car. Looking forward to more of them. Shame the pixel quality of the mod is not so good. FM4 convert ;) NOTE: It is not having wiper-animations..Would like to have that on the car :)
Cool. Yes, you really nailed it with this one. There are not many cars that just feel right, when you drive them. The VW Golf from Tommy78 WTCR pack, for example. They are all great cars in the pack, but that one just stands out. Anyway, thanks again for this one, hope you do more mods in the future. A question. Where does this car compete and against which cars? I read something on your links that it runs in VLN? Which category? Does it run anywhere else?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back