Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,987 comments
Anyone else have trouble doing AO-map with cm? Worked before but now seems to be broken or is it just me?

What problems you are experiencing? If it as dragster said and you are getting a black or empty square - untick the FULLY TRANSPARENT box in the CM window or when you open your newly created DDS file change the alpha to 255.

Anyone else have trouble doing AO-map with cm? Worked before but now seems to be broken or is it just me?

if modder for the vehicle hasn't UV map the car its really can't be skinned but if it has been follow steps below to how I do if there isn't a template available for the car you are skinning.

• open cm showroom on vehicle your skining
  • clink on the body and select txdiffuse three dots and calculate ao map
  • select what dimension you want
  • save the file as PNG not a dds file
  • open your photo editing software which you done your skins in
m5z32p.jpg

l56cey.jpg

While F1 is under red flag, lets do some work.

Sorry guys, long post incoming. It's not modding related so feel free to skip right through.

First of all I have the utmost respect for any modder. Be it cars, tracks, skins or even just polishing existing mods. Even bad looking mods/tracks that a lot of people might scoff at, I'd still keep it, if it's reasonable to drive. I just love collecting stuff. Believe me currently my AC folder has 1540 cars and 295 tracks. My old rFactor install has 500+ tracks.

Unfortunately as you said, you can't run encrypted mods without CSP. As I explained earlier, I respect what CSP has brought to AC modding but personally because of my limited time I don't derive any advantage from its features. Being a constantly evolving experimental mod, it's bound to have bugs and glitches with each new version. It's just an extra layer of complication and troubleshooting before I hit the track. After scouring this thread each week, installing all the new mods, tagging/fixing UI names I only have maybe 1 hour of free time left. I want to use that time to drive, not spend it trying to find out why the Sun looks like it's about to explode over the track.

Anyway, I gave up and installed CSP v0.1.25 last year. Everything is good until this year when a couple of cars and tracks gave me the error because I needed to update to the latest version of CSP to break the encryption. So I updated, but then it gave me the Sun issue above. Now that's fixed. But in the future if they upgrade the encryption, I have to update CSP again, and who knows what other problems that creates?

I mean if the creator makes the track from scratch then I can understand he/she wanting to protect it. But this track is a straight up rip from Initial D Arcade 8 so he doesn't even have the rights to it. If SEGA knows about this they could probably even sue him/her.

Regarding ripping the track to other games, honestly we've already seen worse in AC. Simdream/RTM has been ripping cars from Forza and lots of other games, and selling them for money. I'm not sure but I think a few of them are encrypted as well. So our community is just as guilty as those GTA modders. At the end of the day it's only a game. If more people and more games could enjoy these amazing cars & tracks, isn't that a win for everyone? Sharing is caring and all that. I doubt anybody actually earns a living off making mods alone.

Last issue, this doesn't affect me but apparently you can't take new showroom/preview pics for encrypted cars. Also there are lots of good and smart people here trying to improve mods (a LOT better than the original ripper ever could), and you can't do that either if it's encrypted.

TL;DR it's not for me to judge whether modders want to encrypt their work or not. But IMO it's just an unnecessary complication, just to protect the modder's own "nebulous" sense of ownership. I'll leave it to Legion to sum it up best:

--------------

Now, resume original programming folks :D So much awesome content this week, from Maggiore, Schottenring, Topanga and Teddie's track along with all the new cars. 50k posts and counting, surely this is one of the longest threads on GTP (and definitely the best) :lol: You guys never cease to amaze me :cheers:

Very well said, I kinda tried to say something about this, but my poor english, don't allow me to express how I wanted.
I will quote a great phrase from Will Mazeo, about what I agree 100%.

''
If we depend on current devs: permanent ghosting because words hurt. Pit crews? If they add it'll still be shown as a huge deal. Animated repairs? We won't even have damage because e"sports" turn them down so why bother? AIs will be still crap, physics will still be about messing numbers in a text file. But hey! Graphics will be top notch
''

I don't want to start a never ending discussion, Just pointing a very true situation nowadays.

I'm in their fb group.No comments are allowed.I asked them once how i can try a car or even buy it.No response.They only post pictures and the only thing you can do is like them or not like them.And their website never worked for me.

Such ridiculous. Why accept members? Just for likes???
I will say no more about this...

This is my first post here, although for about 7 months I have been observing this best group on gtp.

I would like to start by thanking you:

-RMi_wood
-Teddie
-Paulo Ribeiro
-Masscot
-GzeroD
-JakubP
-Zwiss
-EASY
-MRM1GAMING
-Mike173
-ParanoidDoge
-xezez
-racealot
Edited:
-dragster666

sorry I forgot about you.....

For how wonderful you are and what a whole of this forum and the basis of this forum you are, thank you for everything you do, share, help and know.

You have, of course, a couple of vipers here who are just waiting to complain about the work of others, to get on with something, to make a mess behind your back, but it's not even worth writing off the heteroes that are everywhere, these are the times.

I greet the above mentioned once again.

Hi SiR80,

Welcome and thank you for your post.
Totally agree with those couple of vipers. After all, they are humans and their behavior in real life matches with internet life.

Have fun and stay safe.:cheers:

Cheers.

Now, back to F1. It will be resumed in a couple of minutes.

Edit: Thank you Zero, your cars/tracks are great for spending lots of time driving. 👍

Last edited:
Is it all black? when it calculates an AO? if so are you doing it on a mod car? because some modded cars aren't properly UV mapped and when calculating in CM they might appear blacked out or messed up?

Actually stays all white, has to try with one i done before to be sure.

In case any new modder or member needs help on how to do an AO easily without installing any plugins this is how i do it.
Also for the peeps who couldn't get the damn Nividia DDS plugin to work this is an alternative to that.. IMO its not that complicated. It might look but its not.
First i calculate the AO in 1024x1024 resolution then i save it on my desktop as an PNG then i go into paint.net and save it as an DDS file then i go back into paint.net and save that dds file as an TGA then i go into adobe and open up the TGA file then i go to layers and click on the third button down which adds an alpha layer i rename the alpha 1 layer as just alpha and check the box on the other layer images to show up and the image or AO becomes red then i save it as an TGA again and when saving as an TGA with the alpha layer there should be an alpha channel option check that and save it. Then go back into paint.net and save the TGA as the DDS and then i rename the DDS AO file just to not get the files confused and then just paste the dds file into kseditor next time and it should show up i do this similarly for the txmaps but in adobe i just select the green layer and plaster the white color all over the image and check the box to show all of the images again and its green. Then save it as an TGA you don't need to check the alpha channel just save it as an TGA and do that process of converting it into an DDS and pasting it into kseditor as an txmaps. Of course the car needs to be uv mapped in 3ds max or in other programs like in blender Some models like Forza models should be already uv mapped so you don't need to create one. This is how i do it other people do it in different ways but this way has worked out for me. Need to find out how to color other parts of the body that have an AO as well not just the main body.

Last edited:
What problems you are experiencing? If it as dragster said and you are getting a black or empty square - untick the FULLY TRANSPARENT box in the CM window or when you open your newly created DDS file change the alpha to 255.

Fully transparent was on but no luck, tried with older cm-version and worked like a charm,gotta try re_installing cm ,maybe that will help.

Downloaded fresh cm, started it and applied latest update and now it's working again.

Last edited:
To be honest installing a plugin is much easier and you only need to do that one time. That sounds more time consuming actually so I would advise to do the opposite and just install a plugin, literally just downloading a file and place it in a folder
It does not work i tried pretty much everything I'm not sure if this is an issue because i run my PC with AMD drivers but there are multiple people who couldn't get the damn Nividia DDS plugin to work this is an alternative to that.. IMO its not that complicated.

Sorry guys, long post incoming. It's not modding related so feel free to skip right through.

First of all I have the utmost respect for any modder. Be it cars, tracks, skins or even just polishing existing mods. Even bad looking mods/tracks that a lot of people might scoff at, I'd still keep it, if it's reasonable to drive. I just love collecting stuff. Believe me currently my AC folder has 1540 cars and 295 tracks. My old rFactor install has 500+ tracks.

Unfortunately as you said, you can't run encrypted mods without CSP. As I explained earlier, I respect what CSP has brought to AC modding but personally because of my limited time I don't derive any advantage from its features. Being a constantly evolving experimental mod, it's bound to have bugs and glitches with each new version. It's just an extra layer of complication and troubleshooting before I hit the track. After scouring this thread each week, installing all the new mods, tagging/fixing UI names I only have maybe 1 hour of free time left. I want to use that time to drive, not spend it trying to find out why the Sun looks like it's about to explode over the track.

Anyway, I gave up and installed CSP v0.1.25 last year. Everything is good until this year when a couple of cars and tracks gave me the error because I needed to update to the latest version of CSP to break the encryption. So I updated, but then it gave me the Sun issue above. Now that's fixed. But in the future if they upgrade the encryption, I have to update CSP again, and who knows what other problems that creates?

I mean if the creator makes the track from scratch then I can understand he/she wanting to protect it. But this track is a straight up rip from Initial D Arcade 8 so he doesn't even have the rights to it. If SEGA knows about this they could probably even sue him/her.

Regarding ripping the track to other games, honestly we've already seen worse in AC. Simdream/RTM has been ripping cars from Forza and lots of other games, and selling them for money. I'm not sure but I think a few of them are encrypted as well. So our community is just as guilty as those GTA modders. At the end of the day it's only a game. If more people and more games could enjoy these amazing cars & tracks, isn't that a win for everyone? Sharing is caring and all that. I doubt anybody actually earns a living off making mods alone.

Last issue, this doesn't affect me but apparently you can't take new showroom/preview pics for encrypted cars. Also there are lots of good and smart people here trying to improve mods (a LOT better than the original ripper ever could), and you can't do that either if it's encrypted.

TL;DR it's not for me to judge whether modders want to encrypt their work or not. But IMO it's just an unnecessary complication, just to protect the modder's own "nebulous" sense of ownership. I'll leave it to Legion to sum it up best:

--------------

Now, resume original programming folks :D So much awesome content this week, from Maggiore, Schottenring, Topanga and Teddie's track along with all the new cars. 50k posts and counting, surely this is one of the longest threads on GTP (and definitely the best) :lol: You guys never cease to amaze me :cheers:

I'm with you on a lot of your points, CSP adds some brilliant features, but until I gave up the constant push for new updates I wasn't ever just playing the game, hell even testing mods often led to a settings hunt to find out why my framerate had suddenly died. It's worth having but find a stable build (I'm using 0.1.46), get your settings looking and performing well on a few combos of poorly optimised mods and then just leave it. I'm not bothering with any new CSP builds until a new stable rainfx build is fully released.

I've made my feelings about encryption known in the past, but lets just say that anyone using it is modding for absolutely the wrong reasons. I've also never come across a single 'top' modder using it, which says it all really.

Actually I am a professional "penetration tester"...
I could try from.. .China, Russia, Taiwan, more (my VPNs are super private - not an app/service)

on another topic, here is Rockingham from LFS
https://sharemods.com/x3t8hubs85y7/Rockingham_Motor_Speedway.rar.html

Do your skills extend into other similar areas? Fancy having a crack at breaking the CSP encryption and making yourself simultaneously the most loved and hated member of the AC community? :D

Two days ago I deciced to convert a car from the first DiRT by Codemasters out of nowhere and choose a rallycross modified car being the Audi TT, what they don't tell you in that game is this particular car here was indipendently tuned by a driver called Michael Boak which raced in the British RallyCross Championship for quite a few years, you can find a handful pics of it on his Facebook profile and page.

Infact, I'm actually going to recreate ALL of its liveries throughout the years he drove it, but first it needs a proper template since even tho I could make one from its main liveries textures, the way are made look complicated to me to delete all decals and leave it blank and if I also generate AO for it, looks still like a mess sadly. So if someone of you is interested, I'll send one of the livery textures + a wireframe generated through CM to figure out how to make it into a proper template.

After that, I'm going to ask Michael Boak himself through his profile about specs and other pictures of his TT so that I could make the liveries much easier hopefully.
__custom_showroom_1599841763.png
__custom_showroom_1599841767.png
__custom_showroom_1599841780.png

For Friday evening, I present the car that was hanging over my bed on a poster between the Ferrari F40 and Lamborghini Diablo ....

Aston Martin V8 Vantage V600

View media item 67907
It still requires interior work, but you have to devote a lot of time to it, so what I did right away has to wait for the rest.

The original author is unknown to me, I've been correcting it a few hours a day for the last 6 days,

-Changed track width
-Changed suspension settings
-Changed tyres size
-Changed tyres 3d model
-Changed tyres settings
-Changed wheels size
-Changed brakes settings
-Changed brakes calliper position
-Changed brake disc texture
-Changed brake disc 3d model
-Changed engine power & torque
-Changed gearbox settings
-Changed sound to the real V8 with mechanical compressor
-Changed texture defrost lines in front headlight
-Changed texture in front headlight
-Changed ABS and TCS setup
-Changed flames settings and position
-Add darker glass in front headlight
-Add glass in gauges
-Add AO in body
-Add AO in wheels
-Add front&rear UK number plate
-Add New Color Skins
-Add New Lether Skins
-Add light in dashboard
-Add few options from Csp
-Add real description
-Revised car shaders
-Revised tyres shaders
-and many more.....

I think that today it is the best Vantage V600 we have in Assetto Corsa.

Have fun.

aston_martin_v600.rar - 43.8 MB

this is the one from me.......but not ready for release

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1542397670.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1542397670.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 58
  • __custom_showroom_1542397734.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1542397734.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 57
  • __custom_showroom_1542397815.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1542397815.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 55
  • __custom_showroom_1542636250.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1542636250.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 57
  • __custom_showroom_1542747632.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1542747632.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 57
  • __custom_showroom_1543094626.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1543094626.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 58
This might be a bit off-topic but who here has heard of SuperStars: V8 Racing?
Superstars_V8_cover.jpg

The game was released in 2009 in Europe (2010 in the states), developed by Milestone and Published by Black Bean Games; both based on the now-defunct SuperStars/EuroV8 Series. The cars may look similar to the Australian V8 Supercars on the surface but are much more open in terms of car layout, making them more similar to cars in the SP8/SP8T Category of the VLN:
  • Cars must be based on a production vehicle that can hold 4 adult passengers
  • Minimum displacement of 3800cc with no upper limit
  • Forced induction permitted if production model has it fitted
  • H-Pattern manual gearbox or governing-body approved sequential gearbox only; full-auto and semi-auto banned
  • All-wheel-drive permitted if production model has it fitted
  • Base car can either be a 2-door coupe or 4-door sedan
Even though the models from this game are 10+ years old, I think if they were ported to Assetto Corsa these cars would be an interesting drive,
Sadly with the series having folded back in 2013. and the Wayback machine not having an archived PDF of the technical regs for the series stored it's going to take quite a bit of guesswork from the original game into AC's physics (unless someone still has the specsheets or technical readouts for these cars by some miracle).

I agree with you, this series will be amazing for AC. I'm planned to recommend this for the modders, who has time or motivation to do this.
(I have an (expanding) list, which racing series will be good to make/or convert for AC :D , but I never have time to do it.)

As somebody mentioned there was a conversion for ISI based games. I mostly played with rFactor, so I don't know the GTR2 version. The rFactor version was a crap... I don't remember the physics, but the 3d model was totally messed, there was smooth problems with it.

Exactly 2 games are released by Milestone:
- The SuperStars V8
-The SuperStars V8 Next Challenge

The second contains the Maserati Quattroporte too. On gamemodels site, (althought the name is only SuperStars V8) there are all the V8 Next Challenge 3d car models, with a skin from that game.

Somebody give a spec from RS5 Audi. Unfortunately, the game doesn't contains it, because it launched later in real life.
BUT!!!
There is an other game which is contains SuperStars V8 cars: The Grid Autosport :D

Audi RS5:
https://www.igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=64767

Mercedes C63 AMG (facelifted):
https://www.igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=66027

The Audi is downloadable from Gamemodels, the Mercedes unfortunatelly not. But maybe 3dSimed open it, as open the Dirt Series cars.
But these cars have low poly interior.

Hello guys, last night I was racing with the Renault Twingo in Pau 2017, I think the circuit is very good, but it deserves a graphic review to rejuvenate it. It is a request for the guys who improve the tracks take it into account.

Hi guys !
Need your advise with tcl porsche 911 .
When I drive it all the view around became blur . Its happens only with this car !
Is someone has the same problem with this car ?
Thx

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back