Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,755 comments
I know this video. I tried it in 2019 May! (Maybe he update on his video??)
It was working, but there are a lot of texture and model files.

But he made an other video, which teach how to clean mesh and bake textures into one. ;)

It is very good for track scenery or base for positioning the track and sorrouning objects. But the 3D model is only available in some bigger city in my country. But there are some tracks near them, for example the Hungaroring, or 2 hillclimb track near Pécs.
(Luckily the available citys list is growing....)

All I can say is WOW on what Blender can do. I am still learning the basics of Blender but is nice that this person does all these tutorials. Dont know if I will ever get back into full track design again like I did with Sandbox and NR2003. Too much to know to do a good track. Thanks for posting these Blender Videos @Tibi take care.

Been working on this since there doesn't seem to be many AC tracks based in the Philippines. I'm USA born and raised, but I am Filipino, so I thought it would be neat to start making the tracks that exist there in the PI.
View attachment 957658 View attachment 957659 View attachment 957660

Cool, Look forward to seeing this track. Didnt know about Philippines race tracks. I was there in the Philippines at Clarke Air Force Base back in the late Viet Nam years for about a year or so till i went to another country and base. Did get to sight see Manila few times. take care..

Next to come:
Another GTI, built in Spain for the european market, who is this beauty?
50339540842_6da128f6de_n.jpg

Mike

Mitsubishi Galant Vr4
Hi gents and gals
Here is a perfectly drawn and designed mod by Wack, many thanks to him.

I have some horrible lags with it on my potato PC :D
And some errors in the log files.

log.txt is filled with :
EMPTY CURVE, RETURNING ZERO (content/cars/mitsubishi_galant_vr4/data/)

And here is errors.txt : https://pastebin.com/SczD4yfC

Attached file is an aero.ini that fixes the lag, though I can't really understand aero yet, then more investigation is needed to find the correct value for the ZONE_* keys. :P

So after these changes there's still a few errors :

INIReader: content/cars/mitsubishi_galant_vr4/data/sounds.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BACKFIRE] TRIGGERGAS
INIReader: content/cars/mitsubishi_galant_vr4/data/drivetrain.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [AWD] FRONT_DIFF_PRELOAD
INIReader: content/cars/mitsubishi_galant_vr4/data/lights.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BRAKE_2] OFF_COLOR

But the lag is totally gone.

That's a great car anyway, not very fast but funny to drive, I did 8:33.279 on The Green Hell :P

Attachments

• aero.ini.txt
    3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
sounds wierd i know lots of ppl ho has it and never had a single issue with it, can you explain a little better what happend? would be nice to know if something is wrong so can fix it if there is an issue with the track or was your pc, wrong installation, etc...

I just did a standard manual install, then when I started up a practice session with the track in AC (with Content Manager), it crashed and I couldn't even bail out with Task Manager, so the only solution was a hard shutdown. Tried a second time, same thing.

Once I got going again, I then discovered my Simcommander app (for running Simvibe) wanted me to set up everything from scratch like a new installation. I then had to restore the document folder for it from a backup to get that going again with the previous documents folder settings I'd be running for eons. Presumably, the files in the Simcommander file in the document folder got corrupted somewhere along the way becuase if was open and running when the hard crashes took place.

Last edited:
I have some horrible lags with it on my potato PC :D
And some errors in the log files.

log.txt is filled with :
EMPTY CURVE, RETURNING ZERO (content/cars/mitsubishi_galant_vr4/data/)

And here is errors.txt : https://pastebin.com/SczD4yfC

Attached file is an aero.ini that fixes the lag, though I can't really understand aero yet, then more investigation is needed to find the correct value for the ZONE_* keys. :P

So after these changes there's still a few errors :

INIReader: content/cars/mitsubishi_galant_vr4/data/sounds.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BACKFIRE] TRIGGERGAS
INIReader: content/cars/mitsubishi_galant_vr4/data/drivetrain.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [AWD] FRONT_DIFF_PRELOAD
INIReader: content/cars/mitsubishi_galant_vr4/data/lights.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BRAKE_2] OFF_COLOR

But the lag is totally gone.

That's a great car anyway, not very fast but funny to drive, I did 8:33.279 on The Green Hell :P

My bad... sorry

there is a new link in the previous page to fix those errors
Mike

Last edited:
Hey guys, I've been thinking about picking up some of the ACFLigue F1 payware mods. Anybody tried the 2020 one?

I bought the ACFL 2019 mod to try it out. They’re decent enough mods and all the different team’s chassis are represented, so that’s a definite upside.

Not bad mods by any means and the driving experience is adequate, but they are outclassed by more professional mod creators like Race Sim Studios and their Formula Hybrid cars. However if having the visual differences between all cars is important to you rather than just having a single RSS car with a skin pack, it’s the best you can do in AC besides just playing F1 2020 instead.

I didn’t check but I’m also pretty sure the AFCL mod is cheaper than the equivalent RSS mod, so that’s something to consider.

Last edited:
Remade the official skins for Legion's Alpines :

IbiingY.png

Blurry decals are gone - though some are missing but there's a weird thing going on with the top of the car ; left side is a mirrored mess so no decals there (driver names, class tag...). Not great but not terrible either.

Enjoy :

https://we.tl/t-9J3RVJtL2E

Nice liveries !

A common error though (almost all the era liveries feature this error, so it might be useful for some others skinners), the ELF logo is not the right one.

Prior to 1991, the ELF logo was this one (and it was even used after this date sometimes) :

elf-135mm.jpg

As you can see, the letters height is lower and the "F" letter is different.
The space between the letters was sometimes even tighter.

Also, the Renault title should use the Helvetica font ;)

thumb.php

wp8950980f_05_06.jpg

1978_LM_Alpine_A442B_2_Course2.jpg

Last edited:
I bought the ACFL 2019 mod to try it out. They’re decent enough mods and all the different team’s chassis are represented, so that’s a definite upside.

Not bad mods by any means and the driving experience is adequate, but they are outclassed by more professional mod creators like Race Sim Studios and their Formula Hybrid cars. However if having the visual differences between all cars is important to you rather than just having a single RSS car with a skin pack, it’s the best you can do in AC besides just playing F1 2020 instead.

I didn’t check but I’m also pretty sure the AFCL mod is cheaper than the equivalent RSS mod, so that’s something to consider.

Thanks Waffles. They're about $9 or so on my currency (for the whole season), so its cheaper than a car in iRacing.
Reckon I might give it a try

Hey guys, is there a decent version of the Isle Of Man track out there? Would be nice if someone did a conversion from one of the bike games for AC.

I'm working on a lidar scanned version. At the moment I'm debugging a plugin for RTB for importing the data. Some stuff to figure out still, so I'm not going to predict any dates. There's my Snaefell Mountain Course on Racedepartment, but it's pretty rough and ready...

Nice liveries !

A common error though (almost all the era liveries feature this error, so it might be useful for some others skinners), the ELF logo is not the right one.

Prior to 1991, the ELF logo was this one (and it was even used after this date sometimes) :

elf-135mm.jpg

As you can see, the letters height is lower and the "F" letter is different.
The space between the letters was sometimes even tighter.

Also, the Renault title should use the Helvetica font ;)

thumb.php

wp8950980f_05_06.jpg

1978_LM_Alpine_A442B_2_Course2.jpg

Couldn't find a good one yesterday so I went with the most common - and HD - logo. I'll update it in the future, cheers x

TED Tarlac Circuit Hill v0.95

Been working on this since there doesn't seem to be many AC tracks based in the Philippines. I'm USA born and raised, but I am Filipino, so I thought it would be neat to start making the tracks that exist there in the PI.
View attachment 957658 View attachment 957659 View attachment 957660

[EDIT] Download link: https://www.racedepartment.com/down...24IW9YXhmX5e0FO9oJoMXdxIvtbRxHc22yjYK6ovYI1MA

Hey mate could you post a direct link here ? Looks fantastic by the way.

I'm working on a lidar scanned version. At the moment I'm debugging a plugin for RTB for importing the data. Some stuff to figure out still, so I'm not going to predict any dates. There's my Snaefell Mountain Course on Racedepartment, but it's pretty rough and ready...

Cool thanks for the heads up! Can't wait!

Anybody know how to replicate carbon fibre skin for ac within photoshop or paint.net all ready have the metal detail file within the skin folder.

2km0oe.jpg
Just copy a suitable dds from an existing car that uses it. No need at all to build one from scratch.

Goddamn that site, part of a FB group full of pics of private cars we'll NEVER get our hands on...
Are they like roleplaying or something since they even got a private garage too?
119039937_3762923880403020_7193965456079281118_o.jpg

yes I know but I read that to be a mod tester you need to be signed up on their web site (which I suppose is that one)

Anyone know if exist the Peugeot 905 1991 out there because from my first research I don't found out anything a part for the 905 of the 1992 (the evo)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back