Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,025 comments
for those of you using 3dsimed3, I CAN i see all the textures in 3dsimed when I am in it, so, they are all there, yet when i export the FBX, and open in blender some are completely missing, I can see the texture name, and verify its the same texture name as in 3dsimed3, the texture is just not in the texture folder.. BUT, if i close and reopen 3dsimed, using exactly the same origin files, and export again, I may actually get those missing textures, but second export other ones are missing, if I rinse and repeat 3 to 4 times per export, finally I will get ALL my textures. Am i missing some supersecret "dont bug out textures" switch in 3dsimed?

I'm pretty sure blender is just not seeing we're your textures are.. Try creating a folder in the same directory as your fbx named texture... And copy your textures into there...

I'm pretty sure blender is just not seeing we're your textures are.. Try creating a folder in the same directory as your fbx named texture... And copy your textures into there...

3dsimed creates that folder and places the textures in it, also where Blender looks for them. the issue I am having is for example sanity check, i grab a kn5 (one i previously compiled and runs in AC, see all the textures in 3dsimed, when i export i get (ex) 50 textures, but, some missing, road, maybe grass etc.. so, delete content of textures folders, and export again, this time 45 textures only, but the road one is in with them, repeat next time maybe 55 textures.. etc etc.. so my workflow now, is export-export-export-export, at least 4 times seems to be the trick to get all the textures together, even then sometimes an errant one is missing and I CBF'd so i just replace it manually with a texture from some other track.

for AMS tracks I can work around it by manually copying the textures from the ams export into said textures folder, which is ok for rfactordec.exe type stuff, but when you opening a KN5 you dont have access to those textures to do that.

maybe the version of 3dsimed is buggy, ill reach back the the dev and see if its something flaky about my setup or version. Id reinstall, except 3dsim never installs..

Just wanted to give a bit of context and credit to the author, the model is originally from a guy called Francisco Bort and Benjaminavtek (who is not here on gtp) updated it and fixed many things, some are still to fix it needs new Lods for example but they will come, he is really passionate about classic cars. I know him and I helped by making the config and the rear lights texture, if you want to give any feedback, it will reach the author

This car has a great look but I've been unable to do a complete lap on the Nordschleife. The suspension are way too soft IMHO, then I tried to increase the spring rate but it doesn't really help. >:-/ Also when braking hard, the car wants to rotate and it sends you to mow the lawn of the Eifel mountains. It looks like a great car though, so I hope it will be improved. :P

Last edited:
3D Studio Max and Blender Tutorials -- ARIMUS 3D on Youtube

If anyone wants to learn more about 3DSMax or Blender, Arrimus 3D on Youtube probably offers the best tutorials you can find. He's very good and thorough. Of course, there's a lot of tutorials, and you'll need to commit some time, but if you want to push your mod-work to a higher level, it'll be worth it.

I watched many of his 3Ds Max tutorials a few years ago, and it changed the way I created models for animation, architectural, and Unreal Studio projects. He started introducing Blender tutorials the beginning of this year.

Now that he offers Blender tutorials, it gives me more of an incentive to consider using it as an alternative to 3Ds Max. Hopefully I can adapt as AutoDesk/3Ds Max does just about everything their own way--very clunky interface with little thought to make it more intuitive, inefficient procedures, etc. While it's still considered the "industry standard," Blender has come into its' own the past few years and Unreal Studio "supports" it. Also, it's free (but don't forget to donate if you can), not $700+ for a 3Ds Max "subscription" that can hold your projects at "ransom" if you can't renew it each year.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSLLdTBwLMfTKWS56tOiQpw

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi , i have a error in Lamborghini Diablo GT500 JGTC '00
I am also getting this error when trying to drive the Diablo JGTC, loads up but when I press the the steering wheel to start I get a crash with that error. Works fine as an ai car, shame as that's my favourite car of the bunch, anyone have any ideas for the fix?

My question is why? I'm not being a dick, but why not just spend a little more time making all your tracks look better. It really wouldn't take much more effort... As it stands you have a glut of tracks that are in a semi state of unfinishedness. It's not a race to see how many tracks you can do and I'm more than sure most here would really appreciate you putting a little more effort into them... Hell you might even too

@Jimlloyd -- It almost goes without saying, I think your work and the tracks you produce are some of the best we have for AC. Everyone knows this, and I'm excited to read any new posts about your work, and of course, new releases. For you, doing all the additional work to make your tracks so stellar in quality is probably "easy" for you (though it's still a lot of work). It's obvious you've gained the experience and know what you're doing.

@__EASY__ -- I've been "following" your work as, a few months ago, you released quick updates with VAO patches, grassFX, and other modifications to several existing tracks. Then recently you started converting tracks from older sims. To me, you're skill to produce mods has progressed and improved, and I, and many others appreciate this. Any other work that anyone takes the time to do, no matter what the level of quality should be appreciated. What you're producing now is pretty good, and I expect with time, you'll learn how to "perfect" them, and your conversions and mods will get better and better.

If I were to criticize anything about your mods, the first thing I'd mention is that the low-poly edges of the visible track, specifically around corners, needs to be updated. This is carried over from tracks from older sims where you had to keep the poly-count lower. They aren't smooth and rounded, as newer tracks should be for AC. Updating this would require doing some more advanced modeling work to smooth those corners. The easiest approach would be using a smoothing modifier to exponentially increase the polygon count. For example 3D Studio Max has MeshSmooth, TurboSmooth and other modifiers. They're very powerful if you learn how to use them, and I'm sure Blender has something similar (haven't really used it yet myself).

Of course, once you do this, the road textures/materials would need to be re-mapped, and while doing so, you should model the white track side-lines and other markings separate from the track itself, as this improves how they render in AC's engine, especially in VR. With that then, you'll need to learn how to conform these to the track surface (it's really not that difficult, but there's still a learning curve).

Overall, I greatly appreciate your work, and I notice when it's obvious you've learned something and it starts showing up in your new mod releases.

Last edited by a moderator:
3dsimed creates that folder and places the textures in it, also where Blender looks for them. the issue I am having is for example sanity check, i grab a kn5 (one i previously compiled and runs in AC, see all the textures in 3dsimed, when i export i get (ex) 50 textures, but, some missing, road, maybe grass etc.. so, delete content of textures folders, and export again, this time 45 textures only, but the road one is in with them, repeat next time maybe 55 textures.. etc etc.. so my workflow now, is export-export-export-export, at least 4 times seems to be the trick to get all the textures together, even then sometimes an errant one is missing and I CBF'd so i just replace it manually with a texture from some other track.

for AMS tracks I can work around it by manually copying the textures from the ams export into said textures folder, which is ok for rfactordec.exe type stuff, but when you opening a KN5 you dont have access to those textures to do that.

maybe the version of 3dsimed is buggy, ill reach back the the dev and see if its something flaky about my setup or version. Id reinstall, except 3dsim never installs..
beware spaces in texture names

I am also getting this error when trying to drive the Diablo JGTC, loads up but when I press the the steering wheel to start I get a crash with that error. Works fine as an ai car, shame as that's my favourite car of the bunch, anyone have any ideas for the fix?
same here

for those of you using 3dsimed3, I CAN i see all the textures in 3dsimed when I am in it, so, they are all there, yet when i export the FBX, and open in blender some are completely missing, I can see the texture name, and verify its the same texture name as in 3dsimed3, the texture is just not in the texture folder.. BUT, if i close and reopen 3dsimed, using exactly the same origin files, and export again, I may actually get those missing textures, but second export other ones are missing, if I rinse and repeat 3 to 4 times per export, finally I will get ALL my textures. Am i missing some supersecret "dont bug out textures" switch in 3dsimed?

I've run into this with car models - never noticed it with tracks. The issue seems to be that 3DsimED doesn't save all the texture files from an initial conversion. Easy solution is to use the missing texture search in tools, and add all the missing ones to the texture folder in use just prior to saving. Drives me nuts when I forget to do that and lose all the pretty colours... :)

I'm confused by the anti-aliasing options we have. I've enabled AA it in Nvidia settings.

Should I then additionally select FXAA in Assetto settings and additionally Temporal AA in CSP - Extra settings? I currently have them all set.

It would be better to compare two ingame pictures since the showroom uses a completely different engine and things don't look the same in showroom and in game

You do have a valid point and that is true, sorry. Here are 2 pictures from before and after directly from the CM Showroom, so that the comparison is in the same terms:

Before:

__custom_showroom_1600177439.jpg

After:

__custom_showroom_1600177401.jpg

Before (Rear):

__custom_showroom_1600177432.jpg

After (Rear):

__custom_showroom_1600177412.jpg

Tsukuba Fruits Line Update 1.1:
-Upgraded to D0 high resolution textures
- New, more natural looking shader properties
- Added 'Battle Stage' Layout from the previous event
- AI can now competitively race on all Outbound/Inbound Layouts

Download Link:
Screenshot_ddm_nissan_silvia_s15_ek_sadamine_14-8-120-3-32-22.png

Bonus: More goodness from those crazy Japanese

Link in video description

8h2p.png

Sumarizing: Download is not available. Too many d/l done.

You do have a valid point and that is true, sorry. Here are 2 pictures from before and after directly from the CM Showroom, so that the comparison is in the same terms:

Before:

View attachment 958018

After:

View attachment 958019

Before (Rear):

View attachment 958020

After (Rear):

View attachment 958021

Thank you for adding the '(rear)' to the picture, we could get confused with the front. ;)

I'm joaking, please don't get me wrong. :cheers:

Cheers.

I'm confused by the anti-aliasing options we have. I've enabled AA it in Nvidia settings.

Should I then additionally select FXAA in Assetto settings and additionally Temporal AA in CSP - Extra settings? I currently have them all set.

If you don´t enable FXAA in AC the CSP´s PP in CM won´t work. First point. So keep it enabled:
upload_2020-9-15_16-23-21.png

Second point: TAA enabled with extra sharpness disabled, together with CMAA 2.0 and FidelityFX Cas byAMD enabled gives the best image in AC.
Third point: disable AF in AC but enable it in NVIDIA CPL (16x). Set MSAA to 4x or even 8x in AC and set MFAA enabled in NVIDIA, too.

If you don´t enable FXAA in AC the CSP´s PP in CM won´t work. First point. So keep it enabled:
View attachment 958024
Second point: TAA enabled with extra sharpness disabled, together with CMAA 2.0 and FidelityFX Cas byAMD enabled gives the best image in AC.
Third point: disable AF in AC but enable it in NVIDIA CPL (16x). Set MSAA to 4x or even 8x in AC and set MFAA enabled in NVIDIA, too.
Amazing, thx

Does anybody here know how to crack Car Data Encryption? I'm racing in a league using the Apex Indy cars and they burn 8 liters of fuel a lap at Laguna Seca, have a 70 Liter tank and take about two and a half minutes to refuel. We want to change the fuel fill timing and burn but I opened the car up and it's been encrypted.

Does anybody here know how to crack Car Data Encryption? I'm racing in a league using the Apex Indy cars and they burn 8 liters of fuel a lap at Laguna Seca, have a 70 Liter tank and take about two and a half minutes to refuel. We want to change the fuel fill timing and burn but I opened the car up and it's been encrypted.
You can unpack the data.acd in CM via the unpack tool.
2020.09.15-16.50.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back