Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,753 comments
Has anyone else running a Fanatec wheel installed the latest drivers and firmware? After the update I seem to have lost a lot of understeer feeling. I know the car is doing it but it doesn't transmit the feeling through the wheel as much as it did before. Would I need to change a particular setting in game or via the wheel settings? I do have "enhanced understeer effect" enabled as it was before the update.

It's worth switching on the 'FFB Tweaks' module in Custom Shaders Patch (if it isn't already), as well as the 'More physically accurate gyro implementation', which is also in that module. I would suggest leaving the strength set to the default 25%.

Personally, I find the 'enhanced understeer effect' a bit ordinary to be honest, so I don't use that.

It's worth switching on the 'FFB Tweaks' module in Custom Shaders Patch (if it isn't already), as well as the 'More physically accurate gyro implementation', which is also in that module. I would suggest leaving the strength set to the default 25%.

Personally, I find the 'enhanced understeer effect' a bit ordinary to be honest, so I don't use that.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will give it a try.

I tried the FFB Tweaks setting but it doesn't seem to have any effect.. I tried it with "Enhanced understeer effect" both on and off and the only time I noticed any understeer effect was with "enhanced understeer effect" switched on.

What about other settings such as spring, damper, filter, slip and gain? Would any of these settings set incorrectly reduce the understeer effect?

I kinda regret doing the update now.. I wonder if I can roll back to previous versions? Although I wouldn't even know what version they were.. FFS

@Alex Porter...

I'd highly recommend for you to have a look on the Fanatec forum. They have list of recommended settings for each sim and each wheelbase. Also, if you install Fanalab, those settings are available in the settings options straight out of the box and can be loaded with a single click, then adjusted while you're out driving on the track through the buttons on your wheel.

For the record, I don't like the recommended settings all that much, but it's good basis to start fine-tuning from.

I see what you did there. :P Been life busy.

If you see some Porsches you want, pm me. I'll just lump 'um all in a zip
sz5w.png

If you don't mind me jumping in, I'm on a bit of a 917 kick lately. I don't have the 917 KS which is odd since you have it listed as a Kunos car. Would you mind sharing that?

@Alex Porter...

I'd highly recommend for you to have a look on the Fanatec forum. They have list of recommended settings for each sim and each wheelbase. Also, if you install Fanalab, those settings are available in the settings options straight out of the box and can be loaded with a single click, then adjusted while you're out driving on the track through the buttons on your wheel.

For the record, I don't like the recommended settings all that much, but it's good basis to start fine-tuning from.

I will do thanks!

Hello to all! Guerilla McLaren 570s GT4. Banner problem. How to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

upload_2020-9-22_13-34-47.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-9-22_13-34-29.jpeg
    upload_2020-9-22_13-34-29.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 11
Thank you. Yes, Zolder 2009 it needs to be optimized... beyond my skill, please ANYONE please update the TODO.

Well... its more than just the turbines and billboards. Reboot added other things, barriers etc for a 2017 representation. This mesh is the same base as the Reboot version, you are right. Im sure they used another Simbin version, but this one IS from Realtime Racing (abandonware as it was a project by H. Roos that simply did not enjoy any success and further efforts were moved to RaceRoom).

I had converted this mesh before to GTR2 (and Chayka / Gothenburg. I will do Chayka as that Gothenburg has basically been released by @norms)
My release is true to the RTR version (and likely has way more shadow objects and other eratta compared to Reboot version... which is very good).

"Guy-Ills" also released STCC Gothenburg...

As mentioned before, this is my FIRST real conversion to be released publicly apart from that rough Zwickau. I hope people here can put the finishing touches on it! Loch Rannoch(rf2) is next (3 more tracks off the "Guy-Ills" kill-list)
Just a first quick´n´dirty extended config to fix and tweak some things. I still do not know for sure why is needed this "new" conversion besides Reboot/@norms version and the one from PascalWB on RD, but I was curious how it looks like and it tbh. it wasn´t really what I expected or hoped for... :(
Who cares... :) Thx anyway. You´re getting better ... :)
I only used Gimp and a text editor. So, japp still a lot to improve, but now it got some imo better lights at night, a lot of fixed one sided textures, better glass, overall a bit darker, different wind strength let the flags wave different, weird transparencies (for example the crowd on stands at s/f) ...
Performance should be worse then before, as a lot meshes got double sided, got shadows ... but as it´s a config: use it or leave it, or just take what you want, need from the config. :D

Best is to remove or rename old one before if you want to take it back. :)
upload_2020-9-22_13-46-31.png

before - meshes overlapping and without shadows:
upload_2020-9-22_13-51-55.png

after - no overlapping and shadows:
upload_2020-9-22_13-52-21.png

Extract zip into track folder, sorry almost forgot to explain this... :)

Attachments

• extension.zip
    178.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Uli
i discovered a bug in the acc porsche gt3. there is a spot next to the car. this spot only appears in the sprint version. is there a solution? ... see my picture
i updated that ages ago, seems you just didnt ever download that update

Assetto Corsa - Autodromo de Posadas (RF to AC)

Thanks for the video on the track. Curious question with watching the video. When you go by the signs along the track, they look backwards like you are going the wrong direction. I am seeing the backs of the signs, but you are probably going the right direction.

Anyway, take care.
Dave

Last edited:
Modded kseditor : https://ascobash.wordpress.com/2015/07/22/kseditor/
v6 download
https://yadi.sk/d/RuPNrcCurCm4Z

Thanks for the 3Dsimed tips BTW.
My standard ksEditor won't launch for some reason so I thought I'd install x4fab's v6 version.
What does he mean when he says " To use it you have to download it and put into folder with ksEditor.exe (without replacement)"?
I downloaded the file, unzipped the contents and copied them into the assettocorsa/sdk/editor folder (where the ksEditor.exe is) but obviously it asks to overwrite a bunch of files. What does he mean by 'without replacement'..?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back