Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,779 comments
UPDATE: HONDA NSX GT3 2016 SPRINT/ENDURANCE — HONDA NSX GT3 EVO 2019: SPRINT/ENDURANCE ACC

View attachment 959934

CHANGELOG: HONDA NSX GT3, SPRINT/ENDURANCE

V1.6 **PLEASE DELETE THE OLD CAR FOLDER!

— fixed broken rear lights emissive
— fixed rims
— fixed LOD B hide lumirank code for non racing cars
— added new damage textures
— added internal hood for damage
— added new LOD B, LOD C
— fixed LCDs brightness with PBR
— various tweaks
— fixed wiper animation last keyframe
— added Alpinestars driver suits, gloves (credits to Michael Doherty)
— added RainFX ready data.acd.RainFX. (rename it to data.acd when RainFX will be no more WIP)

CHANGELOG: HONDA NSX GT3 EVO, SPRINT/ENDURANCE

V1.2 **PLEASE DELETE THE OLD CAR FOLDER!

— fixed broken rear lights emissive
— fixed rims
— fixed LOD B hide lumirank code for non racing cars
— added new damage textures
— added internal hood for damage
— added new LOD B, LOD C
— fixed LCDs brightness with PBR
— various tweaks
— fixed wiper animation last keyframe
— added Alpinestars driver suits, gloves (credits to Michael Doherty)
— added RainFX ready data.acd.RainFX. (rename it to data.acd when RainFX will be no more WIP)

**PLEASE DOWNLOAD & INSTALL ALSO Alpinestars Tech-1 ZX Glove Collection by Tripple8

Amazing mod, thanks so much to share it... really really appreciate it:gtpflag:

I am trying to not fall in the modder trap of more==better, and finish one track properly, for now its Curvelo, I want to bring the track over from AMS in its complete state with all trees and objects, original conversion cut a lot of corners.

Will get back on Tripoli after, what is done so far (new from scratch) is new actual terrain data and a new road mesh which is based on a tracing of the remainders of the old track from google telemetry, as the original is quite different to the real layout in a lot of areas. I am struggling to find what the pits actually looked like, the one online resource that showed it as a seperate road is innacurate from what few resources I can find. the original track in rf/ams had pits you could not actually get into. If you find any info on this matter post it up or send to me, also I am happy to release the FBX of what I have so far if any modder wants to run with it.

Yeah, as others have mentioned here with text and pictures of Tripoli track, the pits are right along side of the track-no barriers, not behind the pit stall building. There are a few other Retro tracks for Assetto Corsa that have there pits the same way. I also remember a couple in original GPL game.

Last edited:
Halo Update.

There's a whole army of Warthogs, Scorpions and Pelicans on the move next to the track, and also a UNSC starship taking off. Looks pretty cool imo. (even though the textures on the warthogs have got a big corrupted)

Video will be blurry until 1440p version finishes processing on YouTube.

upload_2020-9-24_23-16-20.png

In my case it is motivating me to go even faster and i already did and learned more stuff to put in my releases. My patrons are motivating me! I hope you will feel this in my upcoming RD release, which i already planned for the weekend.
Some income losses COVID caused was my reason.

The thing that I'm finding increasingly difficult to reconcile is that once everyone who makes nice mods (that were previously shared freely) goes to the Patreon model, it means those of us out here who are also suffering from a complete collapse of income due to COVID shutdowns will be left in no man's land, because we're struggling with the same financial situation too.

My own line of work is at a total standstill right now. I'm a freelance contractor and haven't had a paid job in longer than I care to admit – and as much as a might like to, I simply can't afford to sponsor everyone who ever makes a good mod... but I need the 'pleasant distraction' of sim racing more than ever.

hi, I have a problem, in practice using csp with some cars and only using the internal view blurs the frame, is there a way to solve?
PS: if I change the type of material from alpha blending to testing it goes but it completely obscures the side windows

Try turning 'Temporal AA' off if you're running that. It was causing 'windscreen smear' on the internal cameras for some people in recent builds.

I'm not questioning your choice, it's totally yours to make, but I'm just curious as to why you chose Patreon's subscription method instead of, for example, the PayPal.Me post-release donation route?
I'm not entirely convinced that Patreon's model fits car and track mods very well, as the temptation undoubtedly exists to start lots of projects to attract new subscribers then slow the actual public releases right down to a crawl so that dev builds are still an ongoing carrot dangling in front of potential (and existing) subscribers. It's no secret that it's in the Patreon owners' interests to spin things out for as long as they can to maximise revenue, and I'm sure this must be hard to resist when the Patreon is set up entirely to generate revenue. Not saying anyone here does this, or that you would even consider it, but it does happen.
Personally I much prefer rewarding a deserving modder with a donation after the fact once I've derived some enjoyment from the mod and think the modder deserves a cup of coffee by way of thanks, rather than paying in advance for something that I might not actually enjoy. It's why I stopped buying season passes sight unseen with new videogame releases - so many of them ended up being disappointing, unused and a waste of money. And I guess by asking for an optional PayPal donation from a player as a thank you if they enjoyed the mod, after the mod has been completed and released, then the modder is kind of keeping more within the original spirit of modding as a fun diversion done for personal enjoyment rather than as a way to generate money. There seems to be a shift happening in the modding scene where modders increasingly consider themselves to be their own personal indie videogame company rather than a hobbyist deriving enjoyment from creating content and sharing it freely. If this trend continues then I'm not sure how well it bodes for the future of modding, to be honest.
I almost deleted this post before hitting send because monetisation of mods can be a touchy subject (like private mods and encryption are), but it is probably worthy of discussion in a thread dedicated to modding.

Actually, I do have a paypal.me. HTTP://paypal.me/teddabod69
There a bunch of folks in the Philippines asking how they can donate because I'm doing tracks from the Philippines and some wanted a different route than paypal for some reason. So I started a Patreon. I didn't realize it defaults to monthly. I did it quickly to give folks different a different option to donate, but I don't want to do this monthly thing. Hmmm. I shouldn't posted about my Patreon. I don't need it, but folks have asked me before how they can donate for my time/effort. That's why I figured I'd just give the money to my son for doing the models. I'm really surprised that anyone would donate to me, but figured as much as I've donated to other modders that maybe it was a karma thing. I dunno. My tracks and any mods I do for any game will always be free.

I'm quite embarrassed now to be honest.

Last edited:
Actually, I do have a paypal.me. HTTP://paypal.me/teddabod69
There a bunch of folks in the Philippines asking how they can donate because I'm doing tracks from the Philippines and some wanted a different route than paypal for some reason. So I started a Patreon. I didn't realize it defaults to monthly. I did it quickly to give folks different a different option to donate, but I don't want to do this monthly thing. Hmmm. I shouldn't have asked you guys for money. I don't need it, but folks have asked me before how they can donate for my time/effort. That's why I figured I'd just give the money to my son for doing the models. I'm really surprised that anyone would donate to me, but figured as much as I've donated to other modders that maybe it was a karma thing. I dunno. My tracks and any mods I do for any game will always be free.

I'm quite embarrassed now to be honest.

Hi Teddie,
Dont be embarrassed. I was about to ask you if you had a paypal link since I didnt want to do a monthly thing. Now you have provided it.
I wish I could do tracks like some of you, but just have little limited time to do small stuff. But learning from all of you here. Going to do the
donate now. Keep up the great track designs.

Can someone Help me Fix this ??????
View attachment 960070

B_Isak:
The issue is that groove and skidmarks are done as a seperate layer on all tracks so that their transparency can be adjusted based on the track grip level. They are usually placed a few mm or more above the track surface so that visible clipping and z-fighting doesn't occur with the track surface itself if they are too close. On some tracks like the recently edited Sonoma, it looks like you are driving through a layer of water or something in some sections of track because the groove is set very high.

These floating skidmarks and track marks can fail to recieve shadows properly depending on how they are done. Ever since Ilja added the 'properly project shadows' option in Fake Shadows FX in January(?), this has been really noticable as the track marks often don't seem to recieve the shadows from this option correctly. If you disable the option they should probably become less noticable but that setting really helps eliminate the problem of car shadows clipping through the track surface as they are more properly and realistically casted.

There is still that option you were seeking to adjust the height in Settings > Assetto Corsa > System.

There is the added problem that there is much inconsistency in how high these layers are placed between different track makers so not sure how much you can really do with that setting that will be an improvement globally so to speak.

I do also find this problem very distracting when looking underneath the car in front, the skid marks appear brighter than the shadow underneath them and so are annoyingly noticable.

Thanks, that is exactly the issue I was having, "driving through a layer of water or something". It really was a distraction.
I did eventually find the setting and adjusted the height of the layer of skid marks and turned off the shadows fx, it seems to be working fine again.
Thanks for the reply.

Clark International Speedway v0.95

This track is an original creation by Teddie Tapawan and is based on the real-life CIS race track in the Philippines.

Additional Credits and Thanks:
* Shared X-Packs by Tyrone and Gutbomb
* Grass textures by Mike08
* Multiple reference photos provided by members of the Assetto Corsa Philippines group on Facebook
* SPECIAL thanks to my son Brandon for modeling many of the objects in this track for me in Blender

(Please do not copy or modify without author's permission. Contact teddabod@funrealtournament to report bugs or to request track changes and/or features.)

Many updates to the track are planned for a future version release.

preview_promo.png

DOWNLOAD: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ted-clark-international-speedway.36198/

It is not a big deal, at least for me.
Just wanted to alert for a mistake during the loading procedure of Posadas track.

The layout doesn't match the track.
n4bx.png

Cheers

I need the 'pleasant distraction' of sim racing more than ever.

Honestly, grab a copy of Blender (free), and poke around youtube a bit, and take a shot at building a track, the videos make it look complex but like everything once you got the jist of it, its starts filling in place quickly. Learning a new thing is both frustrating and rewarding at teh same time, and will kill hundreds of hours! I wish I never started because sometimes I open a track to just "tweak" a thing, nek minnit, 5 hours later me missus is busting me about having to go to bed.

there are HEAPS of resources for trackside objects, free fbx resources etc.

Spy Foto from Delta,this is best 3d model which I have .....

View media item 68491

I woke up early this morning to come and check the topic. I risked a heart attack! I went down with the scroll of the mouse then I thought I did not see well ..... back up I look at your screenshot of the Delta .... I clean my eyes then I think "but then I can see well". Thanks JakubP I think all "GTP Team Work" will be delighted with this gem! Grazieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back