Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,017 comments
Q for the car modders. Caution blesphemous post coming.

Some of the cars I have use the wings near the helmet, those big ass flap thing meant to hold your head I guess, and while I get they are actually there IRL, racing on triples in my lounge room is not RL and the damn things essentially block out most of the left and right monitors view. (in cockpit cam), cant even see my mirrors unless i move completely forward and sit on top of my clocks.

I ave never touched a car yet, but, is it the same as a track, can I simply edit the extension, make the material invisible?

Last edited:
Back on topic... I'm compiling a update for bathurst... Other than issues already stated... Anybody got anything else?
there is a black sign just as you come out of the esses, the last corner before you hit the straight. Ill try do a screen grab, gimme a sec.

upload_2020-10-11_5-57-10.png

Last edited:
Back on topic... I'm compiling a update for bathurst... Other than issues already stated... Anybody got anything else?
I'll check comments from the other places where the track was publicised, but I think all previous comments have been passed on already.

Yes, please try to fix areas where grass is poking through the walls? :)

On another note, here is a grass config for the 2020 Zandvoort that was taken down from RD. Might add lights eventually.

Attachments

• ext_config.ini.txt
    518 bytes · Views: 40
Q for the car modders. Caution blesphemous post coming.

Some of the cars I have use the wings near the helmet, those big ass flap thing meant to hold your head I guess, and while I get they are actually there IRL, racing on triples in my lounge room is not RL and the damn things essentially block out most of the left and right monitors view. (in cockpit cam), cant even see my mirrors unless i move completely forward and sit on top of my clocks.

I ave never touched a car yet, but, is it the same as a track, can I simply edit the extension, make the material invisible?
Ooooh... good shout! These can be annoying as hell in VR too, especially when your face clips through them when glancing left or right.
Godspeed with a solution.

45 posts deleted.

We have a whole website outside of this thread. If you wish to discuss other things, chances are we have a thread for it. Covid thread for example.

This thread is about mods in a game called Assetto Corsa. Some of you seem to be taking the first 3 letters of its name as an instruction of how to behave in here. It's not.

We have a report system in place for situations like this. If you have an issue with a post, report it. That way all mods and admins are made aware of a situation rather than tagging in one mod who may or may not be around at the time. So report it and walk away. Adding your point of view just ends up as a waste of everyone's time and effort.

Last edited:
Hello!
Here are a couple of my works. I converted the track with rFactor2 (Nevsky Ring), the car (LADA Revolution) was first made for Race07, then I converted it for Assetto Corsa.
Now I am doing it from scratch, trying to recreate it as accurately as possible. Physics is 99% ready. For 3D modeling of the car I made a scan of it. (Now on the car from the new only disks))
Sorry for the translation, I do not speak English)
Screenshot_lada_revolution_neva_ring_8-9-120-0-17-12.jpg
PBAEWC2Qj2I.jpg

Does anyone know if it's possible to adjust the bonnet camera position? I've been using the URD Bayro EGT and I like to drive with bonnet cam sometimes but for some reason the camera is on top of the roof and I'd like to change it to the bonnet/hood.

Hello!
Here are a couple of my works. I converted the track with rFactor2 (Nevsky Ring), the car (LADA Revolution) was first made for Race07, then I converted it for Assetto Corsa.
Now I am doing it from scratch, trying to recreate it as accurately as possible. Physics is 99% ready. For 3D modeling of the car I made a scan of it. (Now on the car from the new only disks))
View attachment 963932
PBAEWC2Qj2I.jpg

Welcome to GTP and thanks for the mods. :)
The car already feels good and will be an interesting addition when it's finished - I'm not sure I've even seen that car before (or the track either).
The track drives really nicely. Again, not one I'm familiar with but it's a really unique layout and looks fantastic. Great shader work too, it feel really light and airy and the colours look really natural. Great job - looking forward to updates!
You scanned the car yourself using a real example? That's pretty cool!

Last edited:
Hello!
View attachment 963932
PBAEWC2Qj2I.jpg

Welcome and thank you for your contribution! Had no time to test the Lada yet, but Neva ring seems excellent (except for a few floating trees). This is the kind of not-so-ordinary content that I can never have enough. :cheers:

Hello!
View attachment 963932
PBAEWC2Qj2I.jpg

Yea a very unusual combination, and apart from a few odd floating trees this is unbelievably refreshing content, thanks for sharing, fantastic work!

Last edited:
Welcome and thank you for your contribution! Had no time to test the Lada yet, but Neva ring seems excellent (except for a few floating trees). This is the kind of not-so-ordinary content that I can never have enough. :cheers:
I was wondering what gave the track it's unique moon-crescent shape, then I noticed the stadium floodlights and the coastline. Really interesting track!

Screenshot_lada_revolution_neva_ring_10-10-120-21-29-26.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know if it's possible to adjust the bonnet camera position? I've been using the URD Bayro EGT and I like to drive with bonnet cam sometimes but for some reason the camera is on top of the roof and I'd like to change it to the bonnet/hood.

The camera angles are coordinates within the car.ini file

Last edited:
Something starts working now................

Screenshot_porsche_961_lm_bikernieki_10-9-120-22-37-52.jpg

Screenshot_porsche_961_lm_bikernieki_10-9-120-22-38-20.jpg

100 frames and it's very smooth. As just explained it lost something during reimport .FXB inside kseditor. I attach my package all credits go to @Shokeus.
Only base car for now I need to understand what's happening to gauges textures. Shokeus take a look please. As soon as glass has correct texture I'll redo a better animation moving also the frame not only the arm accordingly. So it will be perfectly parallel to the glass.

https://mega.nz/file/EY0SWKAY#75jMA0_l_OlmTY5JZYlNN43_c26jYXZzJHYTs3X4C-0

Here the exported selected objects, you can import in your car (3dsmax) and the animation for 3ds.

https://mega.nz/file/cQtCwIJb#sP0B5_zIh8YGNatNCDnVO8YASR_bkBhWRYPClUzG3mY

Last edited:
The Team reboot Suzuka looks amazing and is a joy to drive 👍, but when I race against AI, the start of the race is in slow motion with any car I've tried, mods and kunos cars. I dont have this issue at other tracks or the Reboot Bathurst :(

Last edited:
Yes, I have Xtion PRO LIVE, it does a great job for such tasks. Only this will be my first completely independent mod, I have never done 3D modeling before.View attachment 964097

Very unique and different, not at all what i was expecting to be using today in AC.

Fun and very interesting to drive for sure, im curious to see what you do next.
Sometimes these unexpected and out of the blue mods are the most interesting, and can lead to some very fun and unexpected times.

Great work, do you have plans for more or was this a one off?

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back