too many updates I can't keep up with the pace anymore :-D :-D :-D thank you for your work !!!
1. The sector splits are in the wrong spots for 2019 (See Video from 2019 bathurst 1000 and 12hr)
2. In regards to rrrgp's post about the walls, the orange barriers are not there and instead of them there are concrete slabs and a steel wall to keep the car moving along the wall instead of hitting the edge and coming to a complete stop (hitting a concrete corner at 120kmh would hurt!)
(I have more videos if needed)
Something is wrong...I just run an 5 lap race at Interlagos with LMP1/P2/GTE but all the URD cars(911,Ford,A.Martin,BMW) have gone into the pits after just 2 laps! Could someone help me because i don´t want the cars to pit in an 5 lap race?
Ah, someone has the solution for Macau's red asphalt.![]()
Yes. Apply the wet skin. It sounds weird, but it works:Ah, someone has the solution for Macau's red asphalt.![]()
Hey
The power lines are as came from acc... I'm probably not gonna touch them.. As it would take a age to fix... Sorry
The uv glitch I'm aware of... I can promise you there is absolutely to gap in the geometry.. As it was driving me crazy... I can only put it down to a alpha thing that I have noticed on a few tracks since csp... I will endevour to fix though..
Jim
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
FILE = rt_suzuka.kn5
HIDE = suzuka-cable?
INSERT = power_lines.kn5
INSERT_AFTER = suzuka-dist2
Maybe it's only me but the look of these thick power lines annoys me everytime I drive by.
So I scaled these meshes down by 50%.
Hope you don't mind, Jim.
comparison images:
https://acstuff.ru/u/comparison/fgk
https://acstuff.ru/u/comparison/h9R
https://acstuff.ru/u/comparison/NLC
here I uploaded the remodeled ones here:
https://we.tl/t-yzEZ0nEqQg
for testing:
simply drop the kn5 to your rt_suzuka\extension folder and add the following lines to ext_config.ini
Code:[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...] ACTIVE = 1 FILE = rt_suzuka.kn5 HIDE = suzuka-cable? INSERT = power_lines.kn5 INSERT_AFTER = suzuka-dist2
@Jimlloyd: I also included the fbx file if you want to replace them in your model.
Damn that's fast! I'm 10 seconds off your pace and I thought I was doing well lol nice![]()
Can you upload the replay of a 1.42 lap please via cm? I want to see where I lose 6 seconds. Thanks.Ive been running the Chivas Nissan GT-R R35 GT500 2013 all afternoon at Suzuka and that car loves this track.
These mods go very well together, i think ill put together a short championship season for the GT500 mod.
Great racing against the other GT500 class and a nice wide track with lots of overtaking points.
Ive been able to get the GT500 down to around 1.42.2xx which seems good, but it seems the other 2 cars are around .5 seconds faster so the GT-R is not the fastest, but for sure sounds the nicest
Great car and track combo!
Don’t worry, you are not losing 6 seconds!Can you upload the replay of a 1.42 lap please via cm? I want to see where I lose 6 seconds. Thanks.
I see. It was weird to me. These cars are very accurately modeled and the track is laser scanned. And the Pro drivers in 2013 were doing 1.47, 1.48. Hell even the 2020 cars, which are a lot faster, can not do under 1.44.Don’t worry, you are not losing 6 seconds!
That says 1.42.2xx ...
It’s supposed to say 1.49.2xx
So many great mods this week. Lucky I only check here once a week so I missed all the dramaThanks daan for cleaning up the mess
Re: Chivas GT500 mod, I'm also in the camp that prefers the older physics (the one I have is from May 2020, dunno about version number). The new one is too "spiky" in terms of physics. It's hard to describe but you're just constantly on edge with grip and the center of gravity feels too high. These cars IRL have the most advanced aero for a tin top race car, super grippy slicks (thanks to tyre war) and performance level faster than even LMP2. The only race cars faster are probably F1/Indy/Super Formula and LMP1. Even on cold tyres it should stick like glue. Anyway, I'm sticking to the older version. The Honda sounds a lot better there too. No way I'm redownloading 1GB three times for a supposedly "definitive" version
IMO this seems to be a trend with some modders. Endlessly tinkering with physics that they lose sight of the original vision and often ends up making it worse. We've seen it with ASR, and also some of Dan Busca's mods. Maybe peer pressure is contributing as well. That poll showing whether people prefer the older "easier" physics vs newer "realistic" physics. Well duh, if it's worded like that of course people will chose newI bet 90% of voters haven't actually driven either. My thumb rule is, if I've drive V1.0 and there's nothing obvious wrong with it, I don't downloaded any "updates" (more like "downdates" lol).
BTW @ParanoidDoge if you're still looking for a non ecnrypted Diablo GT, dragster made a decent one a while back. Not as good visually but okayish physics.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1340#post-13149968
Lastly @RMi_wood I tried your Loch Rannoch track but I got the "game crashes unexpectedly" message on loading the normal version. The freeroam version works perfect. I know it's only V0.3 but hoping you can fix it soon 👍
Keep em coming everyone![]()
Maybe it's only me but the look of these thick power lines annoys me everytime I drive by.
So I scaled these meshes down by 50%.
Hope you don't mind, Jim.
Thank you @gunnar333. Looks better IMO.
![]()
Yea there was a previous conversation I was having with someone here, where we were comparing times.I see. It was weird to me. These cars are very accurately modeled and the track is laser scanned. And the Pro drivers in 2013 were doing 1.47, 1.48. Hell even the 2020 cars, which are a lot faster, can not do under 1.44.
I’m using the original mod if that matters. I never updated to the as I too think they broke the physics in the newer version.
I agree with @LeGeNd-1 that newer is not always better (sometimes)
You should jump back to the original to how big a difference there is between them (in times).
I’d be curious to know how much they crippled it between the original and the most recent update.
It’s certainly interesting to see the difference in times between the 2 but I’m happy with the new version. The old version just seemed too fast comparing times to real life. But that’s only my opinion and even comparing to real life times isn’t ideal either. These cars have created a lot of interest lately and quite polar opposite opinions! It’s good that we have the choice to choose what we prefer ourselves, it’s what makes this game and community really special![]()
Hi Jim. Love Suzuka. Amazing. Do you think at any stage you would look at Oulton Park and do your magic.It's there in acc and in real life... But I can look at adding something in there perhaps
Hi Jim. Love Suzuka. Amazing. Do you think at any stage you would look at Oulton Park and do your magic.
This is an excellent track for all classes. It's also my local track. Many thanks.
Kenny.
Hi Jim. Thanks for getting back to me. I will check to see if that's the version I have. I have been looking for somei did this version a while ago taken from i racing...so its pretty damn accurate...some are not happy with the mesh...but i didnt change anything from what came from iracing....you may already have it
http://www.mediafire.com/file/99vedtw0c4poh6m/oulton_park.zip/file
Hi Jim. Thanks for getting back to me. I will check to see if that's the version I have. I have been looking for some
good replay cameras for each version and rain fx to complete.
Kenny.
Cheers Jim. May see you there one day.This too is my local track... And I love it.. I will revisit it at some point and try to fix a few things up
Seems there is a wet config already in the wildCheers Jim. May see you there one day.
i did this version a while ago taken from i racing...so its pretty damn accurate...some are not happy with the mesh...but i didnt change anything from what came from iracing....you may already have it
http://www.mediafire.com/file/99vedtw0c4poh6m/oulton_park.zip/file
👍
I absolutely agree with you on your sentiment here.
I found the new version to slow (for me) much like @ales100i says the times for these cars was around 1.47 in 2013 and I struggle to get low 1.49 pushing hard in good conditions (no SC/TC/ABS) in the original version.
The new versions had me up at around 1.52 and we’re just so hard to push, and we’re consistently 4 or 5 seconds of the pace for me, they just seemed to slipped and slide all the time and seemed to me, to be a caricature of the actual vehicle which is a grip machine.
As @LeGeNd-1 says these were beasts and I find the original version drives much more like its real life counter part (of course in my subjective opinion from just watching videos) than the new version.
However as you say, this is the great thing, we can both choose which version we want to drive as everyone has differing opinions and it’s all subjective really.
The down side is we can’t do hot laps and compare times etc but the great thing is that we have them and can experience them.👍
I might edit the new version and have it install as a different car just for these reasons, then I can compare some hot lap times with you on that version 👍
What’s your times on the current v3 model at Suzuka and track time/conditions etc and I’ll have a pop at it 👍
Edit:
Jumped on this morning to set a lap.
Suzuka (RT)
Nissan - GT-R - R-35 - GT500 - (2013)
1.48.7xx