Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,757 comments
Hi guys!

I just finished my fictional brazilian Porsche GT3 Cup. The pack have 18 cars with fictional liveries and drivers inspired on national stock car.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/porsche-gt3-national-challenge-brazil.37913/

Cover.jpg

Grid.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Not fussed about the steering wheel, but fixed the following on the exterior:

- Added bumper lights and front corvette badge
- Replaced wheels and tyres with something closer to standard, still not perfect but better than the previous Ferrari 599 GTO wheels/tyres...
- Added side windows
- Replaced textures and changed shader types/properties on most of the exterior
- Added AO to the exterior and wheels, making it possible to paint them (and calipers) in the CM showroom
- Probably more stuff that is now just part of my process and I complete on autopilot
- Few things could be improved but not bad for a couple of hours work

Not decided yet whether I can be bothered to break my production cycle and work on the rest of the car to completion, or if it's worth passing it onto one of the resident physics people if anyone is interested.

Pictures:
131389496_10104097120925618_4255044706951918639_o.jpg

131431279_10104097120955558_4968696439051903405_o.jpg

131899915_10104097120920628_6559729319946730764_o.jpg

131435939_10104097121195078_627425095395252070_o.jpg

In case you want to improve it further, the front of the C5 Corvette has an embossed corvette logo:

hero-imageC5.jpg

Loch Rannoch pre has 100 downloads, no bugs or complaints?

Release to RD will be forthcoming :)

Hmmm, I have one.
The AI is terrible, they crash all over the place. Left, right, against each other.. Lol.
If you fix the AI, I will give 5 stars.

Cheers

I dont know how much better to get the AI on the normal layout, and should work with most vintage style cars.
Tested ACL TC, Alfa GT/am, Abarth, 4c, and others.

The freeroam is another story...

What cars/layout did you try?

Hi guys! I lost the twilight rays. Everything is included in the content Manager and assetto corsa! CSP v1. 68 and Sol 2.0 . Please tell me how to enable them. Thanks!

Hi guys! I lost the twilight rays. Everything is included in the content Manager and assetto corsa! CSP v1. 68 and Sol 2.0 . Please tell me how to enable them. Thanks!
They're mostly available through your PP Filter. Pick a dawn or dusk time where sun is on horizon. Go on track and get the sun behind some scattered trees. Select the PP Filter app from right panel and right click the PP Filter in app. Hit edit. Now you can go to town and see what it does.
Save and enjoy the beams of the sun god tickling your eye balls.

I dont know how much better to get the AI on the normal layout, and should work with most vintage style cars.
Tested ACL TC, Alfa GT/am, Abarth, 4c, and others.

The freeroam is another story...

What cars/layout did you try?

Normal layout with street cars only. From 200bhp to 400bhp.

Zolder 2009 v1.0 (final release)

Zolder was laserscanned in 2009 by Simbin/RaceRoom for Real Time Racing, a free game that featured special events with virtual vs live race cars.
This title is now abandonware

Screenshot_asr_1982_ferrari_126c2_rmi_zolder09_20-9-120-23-57-14.jpg

Converted by RMi for Assetto Corsa + CSP

Features:
- textures for most windows opened up for transparency
- shadow casting and receiving for all TSO
- custom surfaces
- GrassFX, Lights/FX

Caveats:
- AI**, Cameras**, Pits**, Timers** used from Zolder 2017 by Reboot Team

:: DOWNLOAD ::

note: I cannot upload this to RD, thus... GTP is the home for this track

Thank you for this version of Zolder. Thank you for all your great track releases.
Sorry to ask, but will this be the your final version of this track?

Pitlane isn't working, cars bump into each other because the road mesh is not defined as Pitlane.
You will have to cut "1ROAD__mult16" to make a seperate mesh for Pits and name is 12345PITLANE_something.
And I miss the wind turbine but maybe it wasn't there in 2009.

Thank you for this version of Zolder. Thank you for all your great track releases.
Sorry to ask, but will this be the your final version of this track?

Pitlane isn't working, cars bump into each other because the road mesh is not defined as Pitlane.
You will have to cut "1ROAD__mult16" to make a seperate mesh for Pits and name is 12345PITLANE_something.
And I miss the wind turbine but maybe it wasn't there in 2009.
Yeah, there is a pitlane bug. Perhaps I can get to that, and your procedure is on point... Unless you would like to give it a shot.
Thanks for the reminder, totally slipped my mind. No turbine models were in this 2009 source,

Last edited:
They're mostly available through your PP Filter. Pick a dawn or dusk time where sun is on horizon. Go on track and get the sun behind some scattered trees. Select the PP Filter app from right panel and right click the PP Filter in app. Hit edit. Now you can go to town and see what it does.
Save and enjoy the beams of the sun god tickling your eye balls.
Thanks, I'll Try.

"Can I delete the 1.kn5 file?"
Seems so.
Yes, you could have only the 1 "a" LOD if you adjust lods.ini

You can delete any kn5-files that aren't found in lods.ini (except for the collider.kn5).

If there are three lod-kn5-files exactly the same size, two of them are probably placeholders and doesn't matter which ones of them you delete, as long as they are matched in lods.ini.

I do this kind of stuff, delete everything I can to save 10mb of disc space. Man was I happy when I found out I can actually delete the co-pilots from all the rally cars... :D

Thank you both.

Cheers.

Hi guys, I need your help again, I was wondering if the Nurburgring circuit was ever made in 1988 or 1990 version, I'm talking about the track that is used nowadays for the GP, not the Nordschleife.
Thank you for your kind answers.
PS is there any news about the 1970 sebring circuit that someone had started to improve?

Thank you all very much. I have always used the sol_extra filter, and in recent versions of Sol, the twilight rays in this filter are turned off. Thank you again for your help.

I have two technical questions.

- If the 'lods' have the same value, is it better to delete b and c, all, or let it be as it is?

- What is the meaning and difference between .kn5 and 1.kn5? Why some mods come with both? Can I delete the 1.kn5 file?

x5s6.png

Thanks for any help.

Where did you the Mach-E , link if possible pleasw

Hi guys, I need your help again, I was wondering if the Nurburgring circuit was ever made in 1988 or 1990 version, I'm talking about the track that is used nowadays for the GP, not the Nordschleife.
Thank you for your kind answers.
PS is there any news about the 1970 sebring circuit that someone had started to improve?

As far as I know, the only version of Nurburgring GP before Mercedes-Arena (with the old Castrol-S) is done by.... Gilles75. In my opinion it's very poor, converted who knows where. It's on RaceDepartment (Nurburgring 2001).

I also would appreciate that good old Nurburgring GP layout very much. If we ever get that somehow (along with same era's Spa with a proper bus stop), the game is complete for me.

In case you want to improve it further, the front of the C5 Corvette has an embossed corvette logo:

Yes, I did have a quick play with transferring/resizing/reshaping the embossed logo on the back of the car but it wasn't going well. I have a few hours free tomorrow afternoon so I'm going to see if I can't somehow transfer the panel from the C4 as that's similar, I also wasn't thrilled with the rear light textures and will stick a rear number plate on as well.

I've decided I'll try to make the effort to finish the car as a sort of Christmas break from my existing projects, If I can't find the time in the next week then I have a physics volunteer ready to go, so either way the car will get released soonish. :cheers:

Not sure why this didnt already have RainFX/GrassFX? such a popular track!
Anyway, maybe my install is just screwy, this is for V2 Bridgehampton.

Two versions of soaking materials, not sure which I prefer, comment and uncomment soaking to taste. youtube video is variant 2.

Code:
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ?asphalt?,?Line?
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ?asphalt?,?Line?
;SOAKING_MATERIALS = ?land? 
ROUGH_MATERIALS = ?land?
LINES_MATERIALS = ?Line?
STREAM_EDGE_... =8.11, 69.98, 144.62,19.89, 69.92, 156.72
STREAM_EDGE_... =451.02, 68.75, -231.4,461.87, 68.76, -218.48
STREAM_EDGE_... =449.39, 68.74, -230.03,460.38, 68.72, -216.94

[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS = ?land?
ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS =
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE = 1
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE = 0.01
MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD = 0.6
SHAPE_SIZE = 3.0, 7.0
SHAPE_TIDY = 3
TEXTURE = grass_fx/highlands.dds
TEXTURE_GRID = 8, 3

upload_2020-12-18_5-39-43.png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back