Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,093 comments
Is that a mod from Simdream?
Yeah, it's the M4 GT3 Prototype that has been removed from their store. Apparently 'scratch-made' but they removed it as soon as iRacing announced they were pursuing legal action. They stole paintjobs from Trading Paints users, but didn't even bother to take the best one, the Goodsmile Racing Hatsune Miku by Steve Tilbury.

All going say is should never a been converter in the first place without the permission from original source. I would always recommend anybody that would like to converter anything from different game to AC get permission from original author before release to general public or keep for self if don't have permission.
To be fair, this site would be very empty if this was the case - but with that said, if you're expecting to make money from the mod, whether that's from single purchases or Patreon only releases, then yeah it definitely should be made from scratch.

Does anyone know what difference it makes if the config is in the loaded folder as opposed to tracks? does the file get moved once you load a particular track? Thanks

To the best of my knowledge, the biggest difference is that the ones you put in the track folder don't ever get auto-updated by CM/CSP, while the ones in the tracks config folders can get updated from the GITHUB repository (if you have auto-updating on). So... any config changes you want to be sure to keep are better off in the track extensions folder.

If you have configs in both locations, both get loaded too.

(EDIT: Ah. Fanapryde beat me to it and already posted a response.)

Last edited:
OK, I downloaded the track again from Legion's site and compared with what I had. Just going by the files, I see that some of the kn5 files were newer in my version and I have this .ini file in tracks (not loaded)...

The .KN5s seemed to match but the extra cameras, skins, and the extension were new. I probably got the update a while ago but forgot to update my shared link, which I have done so now.

Coming back to the TVR Tuscan recently posted, which car could be the source for a good engine sound-swap? Any good advice from you guys? It is a V6, naturally aspirated. Which car comes close to the real engine sound?

Edit: the Lancia Stratos sound seems to fit here practically.

TVR sixes have a very distinct sound. The Tuscan has the same engine as the Sagaris, so if you have one, swap with that.

Get it while its hot,

One fresh Chuckwalla right out of the oven! Delicious :crazy:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/chuckwalla-valley-raceway.39023/

Thanks again to the guys on my Patreon who helped to shape this mod to be what it is. I hope everyone can enjoy it.

Features:
  • 2 layouts, forward, reverse
  • Rainfx (although how much it actually rains out there is questionable)
  • Grassfx, with tweaks by Mike08
  • Night Lights for the paddock and marshall huts.
  • Break markers
  • Apex Cones
  • 3D Terrain to about 60km out for spectacular photomode shots.

View attachment 985856 View attachment 985857 View attachment 985858 View attachment 985859
Is this considered a bug? The disappearing of the mountains. Does anyone know how to solve it?

I thought I was going to be forced into an upgrade recently but my CV1 is still going strong after a DIY fix and I'm really happy with how I've got the IQ dialled in. The Quest 2 is tempting though, but from memory the IPD adjustment on the Q2 only has three settings, and the max is 68mm? I have my Rift IPD slider maxed out and I think it's a few mm wider than 68mm. Not sure how much of an issue this might be.

I was concerned about the IPD as well, and like you, my CV1 was set maxed out, so we're probably close to the same IPD. I think the Quest 2 IPD could be just slightly wider for me, but It's virtually the same experience I had with my CV1, if not a little better. I do have to make small adjustments until I have a clear image--just like I did on the CV1.

If you think that will work for you, at $299, great inside-out-tracking, the resolution increase, and the "mobile" feature, I think it's a pretty good option for a while. Recently, all the sim-racer Youtubers changed their reviews after the Link cable option improved. So far, I'm really enjoying it.

After some sim-racing, I think I'm going to install Doom 3 on the Quest 2, using Sidequest. There's a mod that takes the PC version of Doom 3 (you have to buy it for about $5.00), and makes it a VR-playable app on the headset--no PC connection required.

Last edited by a moderator:
RainFX for deutschlandring by Fat-Alfie
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/deutschlandring.25977/

Basic RainFX config for deutschlandring circuit by (Fat-Alfie)

Not sure if there is one out there already but this is once again very basic and can be improved upon I'm sure. Especially in additional streaming edge/point zones

I don't like to go overboard with the streaming edges, especially as I miss them when I whizz past!

Anyway, I hope it's of use

PS: Not the right car for this track era but I like it :D

There is an existing config file in the extension/config/tracks/loaded folder - Add this to the bottom and save

[ABOUT]
AUTHOR = Cozy61
VERSION = 0.9 beta
DATE_RELEASE = 19th January 2021
NOTES = v0.9beta by Cozy61, Couldn't find a rainfx version - Basic config of RainFX

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ?road?, ?concrete?
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ?road?, ?concrete?, whitelines, ?grass?, leaves2
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = whitelines, pitboxes, grandstand
ROUGH_MATERIALS = ?grass?, ?edge?, ?terrain?
LINES_MATERIALS = whitelines
STREAM_EDGE_... = -424.38, 361.54, -450.24,-260.07, 360.42, -319.96
STREAM_EDGE_... = -397.01, 371.09, -392.84,-355.75, 369.34, -362.52
STREAM_POINT_... = -397.42, 371.23, -393.16

screenshot_ks_porsche_911_rsr_2018_deutschlandring_19-0-121-22-41-40-large-jpg.437858

Last edited:
Get it while its hot,

One fresh Chuckwalla right out of the oven! Delicious :crazy:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/chuckwalla-valley-raceway.39023/

Thanks again to the guys on my Patreon who helped to shape this mod to be what it is. I hope everyone can enjoy it.

Features:
  • 2 layouts, forward, reverse
  • Rainfx (although how much it actually rains out there is questionable)
  • Grassfx, with tweaks by Mike08
  • Night Lights for the paddock and marshall huts.
  • Break markers
  • Apex Cones
  • 3D Terrain to about 60km out for spectacular photomode shots.

As I'm on your Patreon, I've been driving this new version for a couple of days and it's a blast. Great stuff. The final polishing touches you've added recently have really taken it to a new level. Thanks!

Hoping daBaeda makes a nice set of cameras for it, then I'll be even happier.

I was concerned about the IPD as well, and like you, my CV1 was set maxed out, so we're probably close to the same IPD. I think the Quest 2 IPD could be just slightly wider for me, but It's virtually the same experience I had with my CV1, if not a little better. I do have to make small adjustments until I have a clear image--just like I did on the CV1. If you think that will work for you, at $299, great inside-out-tracking, the resolution increase, and the "mobile" feature, I think it's a pretty good option for a while. Recently, all the sim-racer Youtubers changed their reviews after the Link cable option improved. So far, I'm really enjoying it.
Good to hear, thanks. Although I know I can probably have an objectively 'better' experience with a new HMD I think I'll stay in ignorant bliss with the CV1 until the day it has terminal failure or until I massively improve my hardware. Performance and IQ is great with my i7 7700k/1080ti combo and there's nothing about using it that annoys me or leaves me wanting. I just get immersed in the experience. The superwide FOV for sim racing of the Pimax HMDs was the thing that got me most excited about new HMDs but by most accounts it brought with it too much baggage. Shame really, as wide FOV seemed perfect for sim racing.

Last edited:
I'm not going to go into conversation about how the source was but you tell from the skins how the source was. All going say is should never a been converter in the first place without the permission from original source. I would always recommend anybody that would like to converter anything from different game to AC get permission from original author before release to general public or keep for self if don't have permission.

Well no, this was picked up as Jimmy Broadbent contacted BMW motorsport, i guess they contacted iRacing as they paid for the license.

This isn't a case of 'some discord' modder getting bent out of shape over 'their' ripped mod being used by someone else.

It's serious big name brands probably for the first time, being alerted by a prominent sim youtube personality about their cars being ripped...

If they suddenly feel like poking around a bit more they will have a field day... URD and RSS are the only ones who are squeeky clean, oh and pessio.

Doubt it will go any further, but lets face it it's ripe for more of this now Jimmy has waded in.

edit. well i now have it, from, you know where......

The unicorn of all time, like a piece of sim history, the rip that brought the stack of cards falling down...

Well no, this was picked up as Jimmy Broadbent contacted BMW motorsport, i guess they contacted iRacing as they paid for the license.

This isn't a case of 'some discord' modder getting bent out of shape over 'their' ripped mod being used by someone else.

It's serious big name brands probably for the first time, being alerted by a prominent sim youtube personality about their cars being ripped...

If they suddenly feel like poking around a bit more they will have a field day... URD and RSS are the only ones who are squeeky clean, oh and pessio.

Doubt it will go any further, but lets face it it's ripe for more of this now Jimmy has waded in.

Simdream feel pretty safe renaming certain brands like ferrari mercedes or porsche to just simdream...

Ex :
porsche 917 becomes simdream 917

Simdream feel pretty safe renaming certain brands like ferrari mercedes or porsche to just simdream...

Ex :
porsche 917 becomes simdream 917

Doesn't matter if the car has the branding on it though, which all theirs do.
Ripping from iRacing , if that is what they have done, is demented.

You have to wonder if BMW/iRacing could contact kunos about this...

I mean the pic i took is, apparently, an iRacing model, on an ACC track...in AC.....

This isn't ripping 20 year old GT2 mods from some middle aged blokes pretending they have any power to stop it.... this is current, big bucks devs with reputations to uphold with massive car manufactures.

Last edited:
Just to pile on to the Oculus Quest 2 love fest, I also really enjoy mine, especially for Assetto Corsa. I've had a Rift CV1, a Rift S, a Samsung Odyssey Plus, and a Quest 2 and out of all of them I've liked the Quest 2 the best. It's really nice to have standalone VR but also have excellent visual quality on PC stuff too. And it's the cheapest headset I ever bought too. I sold my Odyssey Plus for more than I paid for the Quest 2, and have a much better experience.

I'm not going to go into conversation about how the source was but you tell from the skins how the source was. All going say is should never a been converter in the first place without the permission from original source. I would always recommend anybody that would like to converter anything from different game to AC get permission from original author before release to general public or keep for self if don't have permission.

yes well, however, normal rule is not always respected by those who steal the content of other games to sell them to us and make money on our backs and take us for idiots !!! i hope sim stuff dream will pay dearly !!!! that it will also be useful to those who offer mods converted from other games and who sell them, while others share them for free !!!! dirty mentality among some people in the community, I agree to pay for mods but not mods stolen from other games is to take us for idiots

Last edited:
As I'm on your Patreon, I've been driving this new version for a couple of days and it's a blast. Great stuff. The final polishing touches you've added recently have really taken it to a new level. Thanks!

Hoping daBaeda makes a nice set of cameras for it, then I'll be even happier.
If you like camtool, there you go!

Fresh Camtool for Chuckwalla

Last edited:
Doesn't matter if the car has the branding on it though, which all theirs do.
Ripping from iRacing , if that is what they have done, is demented.

You have to wonder if BMW/iRacing could contact kunos about this...

I mean the pic i took is, apparently, an iRacing model, on an ACC track...in AC.....

This isn't ripping 20 year old GT2 mods from some middle aged blokes pretending they have any power to stop it.... this is current, big bucks devs with reputations to uphold with massive car manufactures.

Well perhaps you shouldn't draw anymore attention to it. Just a thought.

Headlight Brightness?

In VR, most of the cars I'm driving don't light up the road that much. The trackside and overhead lights are much brighter.
I noticed a change after SOL 2.0.

So where's the setting to brighten them up? I've poked around some, but haven't found anything.

Well perhaps you shouldn't draw anymore attention to it. Just a thought.

Though, you must acknowledge that he does bring a valid point. If somehow this is brought to light with Kunos, BMW or with other prominent figures, think of the problems this could pose. iRacing, making as much money as it does, DOES have a lot on the line here. Hopefully it doesn't, but this could have a direct impact on the AC modding community, as well as ACC. We must wait and see now.

Though, the people at SimDream must've known this never would've worked, right? The people are running a full out paid mod program - they should've known that stealing models in general, but especially from a large corporation as iRacing, and RESELLING would get them into hot water. This just doesn't make sense to me - is this a trend by this company? Considering that I bought a product off their site, this does concern me.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back