Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,025 comments
Hi Folks, anyone interested to try some funky grass fx on Goodwood Festival of Speed track to try and get the haystacks to look a little more life like?

View attachment 985697

Ok, It is possible as you can see here, but I cannot get it to fill out the edges even though they are materials. Can anyone help please? This would make it so much more real looking on replays etc.

upload_2021-1-19_15-48-16.png

Last edited:
Is there any advantage in having this as a separate track folder called ks_nurburgring_extras rather than putting the extra layouts into the main ks_nurburgring folder? the latter works as well and gives all the layouts together when you load nurburgring, but I'm worried about conflicting configs/skins etc. How are people doing this?

Actually uses the models from the Nordschleife version. In the end I had to change so much it was simpler to use a seperate folder.

So, turning my computer off didn't help, and neither did downgrading from sol 2.0.2 to sol 2.0.1

Hi, Ghiaman.
Try the following: go to "Documents", rename the "Assetto Corsa" folder and enter a race. AC will rebuild the folder, and that may be of help. Of course, if it does nothing, delete the newly created folder / restore the original one.

Oculus Quest 2 -- Impressed

I thought I'd never be interested in the Quest 2 for PCVR. However, after watching reviews and the latest update that brought the link out of beta, which improved PCVR performance, I purchased an Oculus Quest 2 to replace my aging Rift CV1. It is a substantial upgrade, and with a $20 eBay USB3.1 link cable, there's no lag, and the quality is excellent.

My current system is an older i7 with a 1080 Ti. Just leaving everything at default, it performs about as well as the Rift did. At higher quality graphics settings, it does drop down into the "half" FPS feature, so at 90Hz, it holds at 45FPS. With Oculus' Asynchronous Spacewarp, that alternates eye-to-eye and smooths the image, it's a pretty decent experience. With a newer system, running at full 90Hz/90FPS with increased resolution settings, the Quest 2 will be even more impressive.

The headset and controller tracking is excellent, and there's only one cable, instead of the four for the Rift CV1. You can still see pixels if you REALLY look, but it's no longer distracting like it was on the Rift. Edges and text are sharp, and with increased resolution settings and other tweaks, you should be able to overcome any aliasing and moire effects of distant textures (like on an Armco rail).

Also, the added feature of an all-in-one headset I can take to my living room for some untethered, PC-free VR is pretty cool.

If you're thinking about getting one, watch all the recent reviews on Youtube, gather information, and decide for yourself.

Now I've got to get back to AC. It's like a whole new experience with the Quest 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
No was taken off line has it was stolen from the original source by well know paid mod group. It shouldn't been distributed by anyone has these add more to problem of individuals stealing over people work.

who was the source?

I thought I'd never be interested in the Quest 2 for PCVR. However, after watching reviews and the latest update that brought the link out of beta, which improved PCVR performance, I purchased an Oculus Quest 2 as an upgrade from my Rift CV1. It is a substantial upgrade, and with a $20 eBay USB3.1 link cable, there's no lag, and the quality is excellent.

My current system is an older i7 with a 1080 Ti. Just leaving everything at default, it performs about as well as the Rift did. At higher quality graphics settings, it does drop down into the "half" FPS feature, so at 90Hz, it holds at 45FPS. With Oculus' Asynchronous Spacewarp, that alternates eye-to-eye and smooths the image, it's a pretty decent experience. With a newer system, running at full 90Hz/90FPS with increased resolution settings, the Quest 2 will be even more impressive.

The headset and controller tracking is excellent, and there's only one cable, instead of the four for the Rift CV1. You can still see pixels if you REALLY look, but it's no longer distracting like it was on the Rift. Edges and text are sharp, and with increased resolution settings and other tweaks, you should be able to overcome any aliasing and moire effects of distant textures (like on an Armco rail).

Also, the added feature of an all-in-one headset I can take to my living room for some untethered, PC-free VR is pretty cool.

If you're thinking about getting one, watch all the recent reviews on Youtube, gather information, and decide for yourself.

Now I've got to get back to AC. It's like a whole new experience with the Quest 2.

I went from CV1 to Quest 2 as well, the experience improvement was as big as the jump from DK2 to CV1 imo!

Last edited by a moderator:
who was the source?

I'm not going to go into conversation about how the source was but you tell from the skins how the source was. All going say is should never a been converter in the first place without the permission from original source. I would always recommend anybody that would like to converter anything from different game to AC get permission from original author before release to general public or keep for self if don't have permission.

I thought I'd never be interested in the Quest 2 for PCVR. However, after watching reviews and the latest update that brought the link out of beta, which improved PCVR performance, I purchased an Oculus Quest 2 to replace my aging Rift CV1. It is a substantial upgrade, and with a $20 eBay USB3.1 link cable, there's no lag, and the quality is excellent.

I went from CV1 to Quest 2 as well, the experience improvement was as big as the jump from DK2 to CV1 imo!

I thought I was going to be forced into an upgrade recently but my CV1 is still going strong after a DIY fix and I'm really happy with how I've got the IQ dialled in. The Quest 2 is tempting though, but from memory the IPD adjustment on the Q2 only has three settings, and the max is 68mm? I have my Rift IPD slider maxed out and I think it's a few mm wider than 68mm. Not sure how much of an issue this might be.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back