Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,796 comments
To answer my own question, do you have ABS on in control settings? I think that you do. As I just gave it a spin and when the ABS kicks in my wheel also vibrates badly.

Further question is why use anything else other than 'Factory' in the driver aids section? Either rectify that or use the ABS as an indication that you are braking too hard and aim to never have it engage. ( maybe in the future I'll just set slip to 1.00 so this doesn't happen)

As an explanation, the car of course doesn't have ABS but it still has a definition file for it.(electronics.ini) I can't say I remember why but the settings are set for only 0.10 slip and 100hz, and with each on/off cycle of grip/slip causes the wheels to grab, alot of scrub in the geometry gives rise to alot of force at the wheel.

Let me tell something.

If I have to praise someone, is @GzeroD

Besides being an excellent modder, he knows a lot of what he's doing.

Sorry if this seems to be a bit ass licker. it is not. I just had to say.

Hi guys!

Alpine A364 F3

full

Credits

Velo . Creator / Convertor
Andy Davies . Physics and Sound Updates
RealAKP . Car VAO
AC Cars Reworked . Smart Mirror Updates
Dan Bucsa . Full mod remaster
FaB . Various Fixes and LODs

Thanks to all of the above for the car in its current state. This is the work I done myself to bring the car up to standard for racing in our league as it was very unoptimized and even had lots of png textures too.

. fixed collider
. updated some car shaders
. converted all PNG textures to DDS
. updated wheel AO and shaders
. updated all skins to match texture and shader changes
. created and added optimized LODs
. little wind screen glass casting no shadow now (maybe better or not as tinted?)
. mirror texture replaced with a proper reflective one for seeing on other cars and LODs
. disabled ABS but left available but really not needed
. removed traction control

Car folder renamed so you can test against old/other model and use both if you would like instead of wiping one of them out.
Version 0.9 chosen to not get confused with the previous unoptimized version and it is not really a 1.0 car in the first place. So other than a few fixes and tweaks this car was modified in order for it to run properly for all of our league users computers. I think it is fair to share with everyone else.

Download - Alpine A364 F3

Please enjoy and have a nice weekend!
-FaB

Really a beautiful car. It's great to drive. Thanks for this.

Last edited:
You can't decrypt it. Either ask the author for the decrypted version or find the model and do the conversion yourself. Btw, its not that great. I'd give it 6/10 at best.

You gave a 6/10, the other guy gave a 3/10, another guy gave 8/10 and I bet that are others with different score.

The point here is not the evaluation. The lad have that car and he would like to do whatever he wants.

Imagine working on a car, not fixing a very glaring issue, encrypting it (that doesn't bother me that much, you do what you gotta do but at least correct the issues for crying out loud) then tell people to not use it if they complain about it.
State of modding these days is very disappointing

Last edited:
I mean, you can think it whatever way you want, but a modder don't owe anything to others, am I wrong?
Every resource is accessible for everybody (models, Modding tools).

If I cared so much about a car that is encrypted I would learn to make it by myself and then not encrypt it.
Fixing a badly made mod usually takes more time than making one from the beginning too

The issue is converting a car is not just converting a car. I've had my share of experience from GTA IV.
You need to have a very good understanding of the game, including it's physics, it's models, how they are setup, dummys (or even if it uses dummys), materials, their settings. Then make sure you get familiar with a modelling software and find out it's actually not able to do the job you want, so you have to learn using yet another modelling software, learn that it's plugins are located on a particular server... Seriously it takes a **** ton of time, which now I don't have. I had back then, but not now.

As for this car I'm talking about, with CSP enabled it looked pretty good for me. If there was a material issue I can very quickly fix it.
The only issue I saw with the car is that it's the 5.5 biturbo version with the 6.2 V8's dash. Easiest fix would be to change the dash, a harder fix would be to replace the V8 Biturbo lettering with 6.3 AMG and if you're anal about it, change the M157 engine to the M156.
All I want is to be able to use the car in AC and perfect my physics for it based on my real car.

Now there's a good idea. Think we might be able to convince Ilja to only give out encryption keys to pipeline mods? It might make a lot of modders actually refer to the instructions that Kunos kindly provided them with.
I personally think that the mods which need encryption the most are all the scratch-made ones like all the ones from RaceDepartment for example, since those don't use entire stolen models or parts of them like many modders lately convert and modify them to AC, especially the ones on Discord a lot.

If anyone wants the real skin info for Legion's Ferrari 512 Coda Lunga:

https://mega.nz/folder/HTIhGKaD#KqZaFBCxoRrNDjWQ30gZug

Just remove the _512cl and overwrite.

Edit: Just remembered I still need to make some livery.png 's though... later tonight probably...

Amazing! Always great to have these.
These are my liveries if you want them. I'm thinking of creating a gloss effect to give them that kunos vibe, maybe next time I do them...
upload_2021-1-23_15-8-37.png

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5a26dkg1kajbesk/Liveries_-_Legion_Ferrari_512s_cl.rar/file

Last edited:
Now there's a good idea. Think we might be able to convince Ilja to only give out encryption keys to pipeline mods? It might make a lot of modders actually refer to the instructions that Kunos kindly provided them with.

Exactly this. This then firmly makes a statement of intent why encryption should exist. To create better quality and pride in ones work.

Rather than just a tool to stop rival modders 'beefs'. Or as some weird power thing where by you release a mod that has faults and when someone mentions it you can powerfully say "don't use it then" like a 6 year old having a tantrum.

Imagine working on a car, not fixing a very glaring issue, encrypting it (that doesn't bother me that much, you do what you gotta do but at least correct the issues for crying out loud) then tell people to not use it if they complain about it.
State of modding these days is very disappointing

Genuinely, I lay some blame at Ian Bell and how he has carried himself since PCars 1......

It's sort of similar to how he has acted when faced with people questioning bugs.

Having said that, of all the devs i am amazed its not him that has chucked a wobbly at AC having PCars rips in it...

What's funny is that there should be a quality check for encryption, for example lazy converts shouldn't get it. The problem is that Ilja can't say no to people so everyone can ask for the encryption tool and get it now. This means that there are great encrypted mods and crap encrypted mods
Yeah, I kind of got the impression that there were no quality or provenance checks going on and that anyone who asked was getting. Releasing an encrypted mod seems far more important than releasing a good mod right now... or even a non-broken one.
Facebook modders are wearing encryption like a badge of honour.

Last edited:

I can see this not being quite easy. Modding is about finding your own recipes for doing things. I'm sure A3dr and RSS achieve the same quality by following different paths, which necessarily means their process differs from the pipeline here and there (maybe for better results, maybe because CSP allows for new techniques). So I believe "pipeline approved" would be hard to homologate.
And then, there are the specific questions:
A car without working wipers doesn't adjust to the pipeline?
Using low quality texture in parts of the interior means a car didn't follow it either?

And so on. But hey, this could be a start, so don't count me out of the "bringing ideas to the table" process.

re: mod ranking
i could agree with a ranking... but how "elites" are determined scares me.
Pay to rank (because Patreon $) is not a valid metric as well, imho.
Just another class system and if you are not "us", you are the "others".

I prefer a wide voice, not a narrow few.
My suggestion is a divided ranking system. One for modders, one for to all.

i.e. A car mod from "xyzabc"
- People who shared more than one mods, help mods, or such... or contributed to the community at some level votes + or - ... and it gets a expert's rank.
- People who is a member of this site votes too as Overall rank.

A mod gets a lower rank that a limit that identified by the site gets a warning about upgrade or removal. If these are done, it gets a notification about a patch or update. If not that particular mod gets removed from the site.

i.e. A same car mod from "12345xyz" has needed some work upon its FFB or graphics.... he/she gets a notification about it. if it'll be done its rank gets removed to 0 and can be voted again.

that way every modder gets a fair chance and help imo to make their work better. if it is already good, then no problem at all.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I just converted a car from rF to AC.

It loads in the CM showroom but when loading AC, it causes a CTD where it gives the message "this program has stopped working, etc".

Any ideas on what I could be missing or overlooked? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I agree and dissagree some parts of your words.

It was only a suggestion, but even on that one I keep politeness. No insults or whatever.

But even on that one, what did I do to get that anger (not your last post) I don't understand. Everyone have equal rights to share their thoughts, I agree with you. But there are modders who are use these softwares professionally, and there are some who learned these skill with doing again and again. What I say is to give those ones a right to qualify these. And we can sort them by these 2 scales:

- Expert's rating (Only those experts can vote)
- Overall rating (everybody votes)

You can still judge by yourself after but at least for the newcomers they'll know what is what.

Well, your message that elicited my first reply was not unpolite and had no insults at all.
And my replies weren't either, unless you consider irony as insulting or unpolite.

But when you write "disscussion is getting out of control", that implies the need for some sort of censorship.

But instead, you suggested a rating system that would overcomplicate matters, and possibly add another form of elitism to the ones already lingering in this community (for instance, the arguments on dd wheels x "low-end" wheesls, or wheels x gamepads, or my racing driver experience x your lack of a driving license).

Regarding the newcomers (I'm assuming to the game, not the forum, because it should be the same approach everywhere), they would be better off getting acquainted first with the "vanilla" AC content, and once used to Kunos standards, would be easier to compare to someone else's opinion on mods.

Probably a dumb question but is it possible to make the first person camera (behind the wheel) motionless ? Like, fixed. Whenever I accelerate / brake it moves and I quite hate that.

Tried to download from their site, but defender warns for a Trojan ... :nervous:

Maybe try downloading it through CM? Upper right hand corner there is a button with three horizontal lines to the left of minimize, click it then check for updates. It'll download the archive (gue_bmw_m6_gt3_acc_v140) to C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Local\Temp, from there you can install it manually and even back it up. Some updates CM finds are broken though because the actual link locations are broken... Nothing suspicious in the archive BTW, though it still needs some work done. For instance, the auto shift values are jacked up. Engine.ini rpm limiter is at 6600 while the auto shifter values in drivetrain.ini are at 7400, thus it never shifts on it's own. Also the clear coat thickness values in the extensions config are a little heavy, even in bright daylight you get this weird darkness towards the edges of the body, kind of not realistic at all. @GUERILLA Mods :cheers:

Well, your message that elicited my first reply was not unpolite and had no insults at all.
And my replies weren't either, unless you consider irony as insulting or unpolite.

But when you write "disscussion is getting out of control", that implies the need for some sort of censorship.

But instead, you suggested a rating system that would overcomplicate matters, and possibly add another form of elitism to the ones already lingering in this community (for instance, the arguments on dd wheels x "low-end" wheesls, or wheels x gamepads, or my racing driver experience x your lack of a driving license).

Regarding the newcomers (I'm assuming to the game, not the forum, because it should be the same approach everywhere), they would be better off getting acquainted first with the "vanilla" AC content, and once used to Kunos standards, would be easier to compare to someone else's opinion on mods.
On first part, I'm sorry, maybe I misunderstood what you're saying. Foreign language can be hard sometimes and makes you miss few things. Sorry again.

On second part, what I mean is maybe the language maybe some other reason they might don't want to share it publicly (the encryption part). And maybe with that approach people who need help feel more comfortable with the people who wants to help. It's all I'm saying. I say it could make it better, you say it won't. Agree to dissagree. That's the disscussion which I'm okay with.

But it kind of turned to a witch hunt thing.

The rest of it I'm agree with you too. Adapting to the game is a need.

Another thing then just disscussing:
let's say a BMW M4 (no permission asked scenario):
1- EXPORTED from FORZA > Edited by a modder > Added to ASSETTO CORSA ... Stealing or Not?
2- EXPORTED from GT > Edited by a modder to rFACTOR > Converted by another modder > Added to ASSETTO CORSA ... Stealing or Not?
3- MODELLED by a 3D Artist > Edited by a modder > Added to ASSETTO CORSA ... Stealing or Not?
4- MODELLED by a modder > Imported to ASSETTO CORSA > Converted by another modder to rFACTOR > Converted from rFACTOR to ASSETTO CORSA by different modder ... Stealing or Not?
5- MOD for ASSETTO CORSA > Edited-Changed by another modder > Added to ASSETTO CORSA ... Stealing or Not?
6- FOUND a mod that no longer updated > Updated it > Added to ASSETTO CORSA ... Stealing or Not?
could encryption or paywall changes the result?

Last edited:
let's say a BMW M4 (no permission asked scenario):
1- EXPORTED from FORZA > Edited by a modder > Added to ASSETTO CORSA ... Stealing or Not?
2- EXPORTED from GT > Edited by a modder to rFACTOR > Converted by another modder > Added to ASSETTO CORSA ... Stealing or Not?
3- MODELLED by a 3D Artist > Edited by a modder > Added to ASSETTO CORSA ... Stealing or Not?
4- MODELLED by a modder > Imported to ASSETTO CORSA > Converted by another modder to rFACTOR > Converted from rFACTOR to ASSETTO CORSA by different modder ... Stealing or Not?
5- MOD for ASSETTO CORSA > Edited-Changed by another modder > Added to ASSETTO CORSA ... Stealing or Not?
could encryption changes the result?

you forgot one example... let´s say an F1 2002... (no permission asked scenario):
MOD for ASSETTO CORSA > *slightly* eddited by a 3d artist > Added to Codemasters F1 2017 ... Stealing or Not?

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/how-did-a-f2002-mod-from-ac-end-up-in-f1-2017.142884/

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back