Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

  • Thread starter Thread starter daan
  • 157,815 comments
  • 52,060,953 views
To say that if there was a tiered system, lets not hope you get more vote power, "elite tier vote, power to deny a mod/modder" etc because you pay$

I think, what is being said is more like this:

Modder goes to Ilija's team with a mod for encryption, they reference their own 'good / bad mods' spread sheets and the pipeline thing.
If it meets their standards of kunos pipeline, it gets an encryption.

This doesn't mean EVERY modder has to encrypt. It just means those that do are actually of a certain quality.(at least according to kunos pipeline)

It means if you are a modder who likes to encrypt your mods, you'd need to up your game to get the tool.....

But rest assured I am not saying every mod should pass some arbitrary quality test, just those that want to encrypt...

Like i said before, mods getting encrypted, that then end up on the 'bad mod' list compiled by someone from Ilyja's team, smacks of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing....IMO...
 
Last edited:
Thanks. I gave up DL via CM long ago. Had some different issues with it, so I rather install manually.
In this case WinDefender defines the Trojan as: https://howtofix.guide/trojan_script_wacatac_b_ml/
I posted it on the Guerilla forum too.
I can only imagine this is a false positive as Defender does flag a lot of stuff that other anti virus software doesn't. If you're worried you can run a Malwarebytes scan but i just downloaded this and nothing flagged up as unusual on my system. But if you're worried wait for Guerilla to get back to you
 
Last edited:
On first part, I'm sorry, maybe I misunderstood what you're saying. Foreign language can be hard sometimes and makes you miss few things. Sorry again.

On second part, what I mean is maybe the language maybe some other reason they might don't want to share it publicly (the encryption part). And maybe with that approach people who need help feel more comfortable with the people who wants to help. It's all I'm saying. I say it could make it better, you say it won't. Agree to dissagree. That's the disscussion which I'm okay with.

Hey, don't worry, English is also a foreign language to me, let's just move on, no harm done.

You may have noticed that, once a mod is made available here, it doesn't take a day, sometimes a couple of hours, for someone to test it and give praise, or point out any shortcomings, flaws or suggestions for improvements, regardless if it's encrypted or not. Since people are already sharing their opinions and insights, this is what renders the rating system pointless, in my view.

Where the encryption does make a difference, as exhaustively highlighted and discussed by many, is that some people are able to also provide a temporary fix along their report and review, and the encryption hinders that.

I do not believe that Ilia would have the time to do the screening on which mods would earn an encryption key, but once the CM Workshop is available, implementing a rating system with some appointed reviewers, like you suggested, maybe would make encryption work better for the community.

Another thing then just disscussing:
let's say a BMW M4 (no permission asked scenario):
1- EXPORTED from FORZA > Edited by a modder > Added to ASSETTO CORSA ... Stealing or Not?
2- EXPORTED from GT > Edited by a modder to rFACTOR > Converted by another modder > Added to ASSETTO CORSA ... Stealing or Not?
3- MODELLED by a 3D Artist > Edited by a modder > Added to ASSETTO CORSA ... Stealing or Not?
4- MODELLED by a modder > Imported to ASSETTO CORSA > Converted by another modder to rFACTOR > Converted from rFACTOR to ASSETTO CORSA by different modder ... Stealing or Not?
5- MOD for ASSETTO CORSA > Edited-Changed by another modder > Added to ASSETTO CORSA ... Stealing or Not?
6- FOUND a mod that no longer updated > Updated it > Added to ASSETTO CORSA ... Stealing or Not?
could encryption or paywall changes the result?

I'm not in a position to pass judgement on any of this.

However, about the encryption of mods as introduced in CM, one simple *fact* should be know to everyone that bother looking for reviews and opinions on the many places similar to this forum: not a single one of the best-regarded AC car mods, public available or paid-mod, is encrypted.

And just adding more food for thought, only a few of the best-regarded AC track mods are pay-mods, or hidden behind a pay-wall.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Probably a dumb question but is it possible to make the first person camera (behind the wheel) motionless ? Like, fixed. Whenever I accelerate / brake it moves and I quite hate that.
I think remembering that this movement is controlled with that:
fg.jpg
 
Hey, don't worry, English is also a foreign language to me, let's just move on, no harm done.

You may have noticed that, once a mod is made available here, it doesn't take a day, sometimes a couple of hours, for someone to test it and give praise, or point out any shortcomings, flaws or suggestions for improvements, regardless if it's encrypted or not. Since people are already sharing their opinions and insights, this is what renders the rating system pointless, in my view.

Where the encryption does make a difference, as exhaustively highlighted and discussed by many, is that some people are able to also provide a temporary fix along their report and review, and the encryption hinders that.

I do not believe that Ilia would have the time to do the screening on which mods would earn an encryption key, but once the CM Workshop is available, implementing a rating system with some appointed reviewers, like you suggested, maybe would make encryption work better for the community.
Of course, forgot it already.

Totally another subject: Do you have any stock Type-R FK8? I have the Assettoland one but its driving is very bad. Graphics are really good but handles like a stone.
 
Last edited:
Of course, forgot it already.

Totally another subject: Do you have any stock Type-R FK8? I have the Assettoland one but its driving is very bad. Graphics are really good but handles like a stone.

There was a fixed version here a while back
 
Excuse me, but what if this whole "meet criteria badge of honor" does nothing but to incentivize encryption?
Wouldn't every car creator go after the "encryption seal of quality"?
Let's just be more careful what we wish for.

Maybe good point.
But en****tion is here to stay, its never going to stop and will in fact become more prevalent....

So this is at least a way of saying, "we get it, just apply some quality checks."
 
Thank you very much, I could have searched for a long time in the settings :banghead:

My very modest and tiny contribution to AC.
3 weatherFX plans for short race, about 15 to 25mn, but it runs in a loop so no worries of duration.

Gonzo1: evolution from clear to overcast sky or light drizzle (20% chance) then back to clear.
Gonzo2 : evolution from clear to light rain or light drizzle then back to clear.
Gonzo3 : evolution from clear to rain or light thunderstorm then back to clear.


Change the .txt to .lua and put in AC > extension > weather-controllers > ground > weather_plans

Sorry for the moment I'm at the maximum of my possibilities :lol:

Perfect, I was looking for somthing as simple as this. Brilliant Mate. Thanks for sharing.
 
Hi folks.

What should I do? What a complete PC noob can do?
22.gif


bhed.png

Hi Paulo. if you just click on 'Apply Changes Automatically', then any time CM/CSP gets added to the Windows Fault Tolerant Heap list in the registry, it will be automatically taken back off the list... and you'll get a whole bunch of missing FPS back.

EDIT: Ninja'd multiple times!
 
Last edited:
Excuse me, but what if this whole "meet criteria badge of honor" does nothing but to incentivize encryption?
Wouldn't every car creator go after the "encryption seal of quality"?
Let's just be more careful what we wish for.

+1 from me gergerger.

I also thought one of the major principles of 'open modding' was allowing 'adjustments' by the user, not to start a private commercialised and locked-down realm dominated by any self-appointed panel of 'experts'?

For me, the entire direction things are now headed with all this is completely contrary to the principles of an open platform.

And why are some people so offended that a mod user might want to change a few things to suit their own preferences anyway? A large part of the answer: Money, ego and a wildly over-inflated sense of self-importance.

Honestly, it seems far too many people are hung up on trying to control everything others do these days... and the team of so-called 'experts' now orbiting around the AC modding scene are also starting to come across as for too dictatorial in their pronouncements for my liking. Whatever happened to freedom of choice? (Not to mention freedom of thought.)

Just watch: Before too much longer, almost all mods will be controlled and monetised via this encryption and 'workshop' stuff... and the 'good old days' of sharing for the sake of sharing will be gone. That sucks.

(P.S. By the way, it has just been announced you will all now be charged for oxygen too. If you don't like that, just stop breathing. Your choice. :ouch:)

EDIT: Just to be totally clear, I'm not for one second advocating for people being able to pinch anyone else's work and claim it as their own. That's very poor behaviour. What I'm arguing against is the creeping control of AC modding by any one group, whether for commercial reasons – or any other reason for that matter.
 
Last edited:
Excuse me, but what if this whole "meet criteria badge of honor" does nothing but to incentivize encryption?
Wouldn't every car creator go after the "encryption seal of quality"?
Let's just be more careful what we wish for.
As someone that is interested in car mods - but not actually modifying them myself - that sounds amazing. I'd take 500 cars that were great quality over 10,000 that were poor quality any day of the week. This sounds even better when thinking about the possibility that the other 9500 would still be released, but would now be unencrypted and have the ability to be fixed by other modders.

Can someone please send me the link to the discord PPC filter channel?
https://discord.gg/NdsbskqxZJ
 
My first go at a RainFX

It's for this version of Tsukuba...

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/tsukuba-circuit.2629/

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ?road_01?, ?road_02?, ?road_03?, ?road_04?, ?road_05?, ?Material #3258?, ?Material #3507?, ?Material #3401?, ?Material #3616?,
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ?bbgrass?, ?road_01?, ?road_02?, ?road_03?, ?road_04?, ?road_05?, ?Material #3258?, ?Material #3507?, ?Material #3401?, ?Material #3616?,
ROUGH_MATERIALS = ?bbgrass?
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = ?safer03?, ?armco01?, ?safer01?, ?fence2?
LINES_MATERIALS =
STREAM_EDGE_... = 22.48, 14.09, 143.16, 1.41, 11.16, 140.32
STREAM_EDGE_... = -268.56, 8.02, 110.98, -270.28, 8.02, 73.4
STREAM_EDGE_... = -84.2, 5.25, -25.21, -84.2, 5.27, -19.36
STREAM_EDGE_... = -84.1, 5.28, -19.12, -84.1, 5.22, -13.43
STREAM_EDGE_... = -84.2, 5.23, -12.93, -84.2, 5.22, -8.59
STREAM_EDGE_... = -84.1, 5.23, -8.46, -84.1, 5.26, -2.61
STREAM_EDGE_... = -84.2, 5.27, -2.4, -83.39, 5.31, 3.36
STREAM_EDGE_... = -84.61, 4.73, -11.47, -84.75, 4.73, -10.01
STREAM_POINT_... = -84.71, 4.69, -11.42
STREAM_POINT_... = -84.65, 4.72, -11.42

mdnZD5z.jpg

Good lord... am I the only one who can't get stream edges working?? I'm starting to wonder if there is a CSP setting that allows it to work..
 
As someone that is interested in car mods - but not actually modifying them myself - that sounds amazing.

I meant the opposite, lol. As in "more modders will want to encrypt now".
I'm a showroom editor, for most part. When I install a car I verify/correct the following:

• Textures
• Materials
• mirrors/glass materials
• Flames
• Deformable hood & bumpers
• Wipers interaction
• Driver position & animations
• Lights
• A/O
• Tires brand
• Shaking parts
• Getting templates, if I need to create a skin

And finally, after all that, I create a preview in the style of all the other cars. That's my standard.
I'm sure almost anyone here has their own routines. It's part of that "keeping the museum" feel that AC is also about. That's what I don't wanna lose.
 
I meant the opposite, lol. As in "more modders will want to encrypt now".
I'm a showroom editor, for most part. When I install a car I verify/correct the following:

• Textures
• Materials
• mirrors/glass materials
• Flames
• Deformable hood & bumpers
• Wipers interaction
• Driver position & animations
• Lights
• A/O
• Tires brand
• Shaking parts
• Getting templates, if I need to create a skin

And finally, after all that, I create a preview in the style of all the other cars. That's my standard.
I'm sure almost anyone here has their own routines. It's part of that "keeping the museum" feel that AC is also about. That's what I don't wanna lose.
Yeah, I get what you mean, but I'm fine with modders wanting to encrypt if it means that all of those things will be correct in the first place so that we don't have to do stuff like this every time we import a new car mod (Except previews, we should always be able to make out own previews). But, that might just be because I don't know how to do anything that you just listed haha.

Edit: On the note of previews, there's no way to sort cars in CM by encryption status, right? I've just created a new Preview template and it's going to suck to accidentally include a car that doesn't allow Showroom access.
 
Last edited:
I meant the opposite, lol. As in "more modders will want to encrypt now".
I'm a showroom editor, for most part. When I install a car I verify/correct the following:

• Textures
• Materials
• mirrors/glass materials
• Flames
• Deformable hood & bumpers
• Wipers interaction
• Driver position & animations
• Lights
• A/O
• Tires brand
• Shaking parts
• Getting templates, if I need to create a skin

And finally, after all that, I create a preview in the style of all the other cars. That's my standard.
I'm sure almost anyone here has their own routines. It's part of that "keeping the museum" feel that AC is also about. That's what I don't wanna lose.
We are all different,
your list contains the things i care about least in a mod.

and that is OK :)
 
As someone that is interested in car mods - but not actually modifying them myself - that sounds amazing. I'd take 500 cars that were great quality over 10,000 that were poor quality any day of the week. This sounds even better when thinking about the possibility that the other 9500 would still be released, but would now be unencrypted and have the ability to be fixed by other modders.


https://discord.gg/NdsbskqxZJ

Thanks, I got access.
 
Last edited:
And this ladies and gentleman why I never contact people about their mods.
It just makes no sense. In the end you get nothing, but a sudden realisation that:
- you wasted your time
- lots of hypocrisy

4v2tks.jpg


Code:
fazanitegnap 18:44
okay
why you want s63
i`m author
Sgt.Kanyotegnap 22:02
damn I didn't see your message here.
okay so since I don't use CSP, I can't use the car. All I want is just a non-encrypted, preferably non-CSP version. If it's just not encrypted, it's still good enough, because I can make it work without CSP from there.
fazanitegnap 22:38
my cars work only with csp
and decrypt version is not free

9:53
It's literally the same car without encryption
I wouldn't ask for encrypted cars normally, even though I'd love to drive them (CLS63 S etc.), but I have an S63 in real life, and I'd like to drive it in AC, so I can make it handle like the real one

10:05
and that the mod does not work like in real life ?
Where you from ?

10:08
I don't use CSP in AC, so I cannot use your car. Without CSP all I see is blue triangles.

10:09
Why you dont use csp

10:10
Well there are several reasons, one is it does drain some fps, very complicated to use, hard to keep it updated and ReShade only works with "force 32 bit" in AC for me, which means CSP is disabled

10:12
gear shifting and all the animation is done on csp, without csp this car does not make sense, I do not see the point in throwing it to you
All stuffs work with csp
Dashboard everything

10:13
It's an automatic. The dashboard is made for CSP, but doesn't mean it will not work without CSP. The GPS won't work (which I don't need), but even the traction control flashing can be added (look at Kunos C7.R)
and what do you mean shifting animations won't work? Animations are stored in .ksanim files
The hazard lights can be turned on in the PIT without CSP as well, all you need is just to add this line to the lights in lights.ini:
PITLINE=1
SPECIAL=1

10:17
why are you trying to change my mind, I know this car better than anyone else, because I know how it works I did it myself

10:17
I'm just saying apart from the GPS, almost eveything can be done without CSP. Once again I don't use CSP, so I cannot use your car. I would use it if I could.

10:18
Did you see animation traction all stuff on dashboard, this is picture, it's not work without csp

10:20
yes the warning triangle, that's what I've mentioned. The warning triangle flash can be implemented without CSP as well. For example look at the Kunos C7.R. The Kunos Corvette C7.R's steering wheel flashes blue when the traction control is active. If you used that for warning triangle that can be added through the digitial_instruments.ini
This is from the Kunos C7.R's files:
ABS light:
[TYRE_LOCK_SLIP_0]
OBJECT_NAME=LED_10  ; LF
TYRE_INDEX=0
EMISSIVE=0,0,0
EMISSIVE_LOCK=60,0,0
DIFFUSE=0.2
SLIP_SWITCH=0.8
SHOW_LOCK=1
WHEEL_SPEED_MULT=0.68
I can't find the traction light right now, but it flashes blue on the side (like the real one)

10:22
I dont wanna use digital_inst ,  I do not know who you are where you are from, why should I throw you what others buy from me

10:23
Why would people buy it if it's available for free. I don't understand.

10:25
Your paying me for the time spend on converting the car . the basemodel isnt mine. U can do it yourself aswell

10:25
oh I've found it. In the Kunos C7.R all 4 tyres have their different lights. Front 2 tyres light up red, Rear 2 tyres light up blue
ok let me ask you one thing
did you pay the person who made the model? Or even have his/her permission?
because the model is from Forza Horizon (S65 model) and it was edited to an S63, by I think someone from GTA V
because I've seen this car:
https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/2012-mercedes-benz-s63-amg-w221-add-on-tuning
GTA5-Mods.com
2012 Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG (W221) [Add-On | Tuning]
2012 Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG (W221) [Add-On | Tuning]
 ----------------------------------------------------------------
 W221 S63 with M157 AMG engine, long wheelbase, hope you like it.
 
 ----------------------------------------------------------------
 Credits:
 
 Original Model Author: Forza Horizon, Archer, artur0777, 3d models
 Convert&: Ed...

10:27
Your paying me for the time spend on converting the car . the basemodel isnt mine.  I buy this model , u can do it yourself aswell
What you want bro
You came to teach me life , if you don't like it go do it for yourself

10:28
Look, don't get me wrong, I respect you for converting cars to AC, because I can't, and I don't have the time to learn it. But I never pay for mods, since that defeats the purpose of modding. Modding is there to keep a game alive.
Think about it, if there were no free converting tool, there wouldn't be any car mods for AC. No free tutorials, nobody would know how to convert it.
anyway just one more question, why do you encrypt the cars you make?

10:30
you would know how much time I spent, you just want to get the finished result and change it for yourself ? it won't work, I have my own conditions, if you don't like them go make your own, you have such a politika because you've never done mods and you don't know how people are not grateful when it's free

10:31
if I show you how many free mods I made for GTA IV will that change your mind?
https://www.lcpdfr.com/profile/18137-sgtkanyo/content/?type=downloads_file&change_section=1
LCPDFR.com
the cars here are all made by me using Zmodeler2. One car I converted myself from scratch (Ford Police Interceptor Utility):
https://www.lcpdfr.com/downloads/gta4mods/vehicle-models/6188-2013-ford-police-interceptor-utility-chp/
LCPDFR.com
2013 Ford Police Interceptor Utility CHP
- This is a Ford Police Interceptor Utility California Highway Patrol police SUV. - This car trys to be as close to the real one as possible. - Primary lights: CHP code 3 - Secondary lights: CHP code 3 park mode / CHP forward reds park mode (aka traffic stop mode) - ELS v5 settings: E-01C on prim...
Everything you see there is free and it always was free

10:33
these are the models that you have improved
Adding police lights

10:33
I know how much time it takes
most of them yes, but the 2013 Ford Police Inteceptor Utility CHP I converted that
from NFS
and I had to do some 3d modelling too by adding door sills
It took me 2 weeks to put it in game and then I improved it occasionally
anyway this doesn't matter. I'm happy to do it, because that's what modding is about
but I want to why do you encrypt your mods? Is it so they don't get stolen?

10:37
I encrypted because some takes free mods ,changing and encrypted my friends free mods
That's why I encrypted

10:38
I suggested to one of the moderators, that what you could do is create a 3d mesh saying your name and put it under the engine. That way you know it's your model.
did your friend get credited for making the car?
because if he didn't, then you can ask the site's owner to take it down for not having proper credits

10:39
Do you know forceful?

10:39
my mods were stolen too on other sites, where there's no credits for it, but I don't care
yes

10:40
Some Turkish guy just change his m5 and color and encrypted car

10:40
I think he made the M5 F90?

10:40
He change just color and rims
And delete author

10:41
you could contact the site where it's uploaded and ask the admins to take it down.

10:44
we did ,but the fact is that people do it.

10:45
unfortunately there's no way to stop them, I mean you can even use Ninja Ripper to rip the car from the game with all it's textures as well. Not even encryption will save the car from that. My only idea right now is to contact the admins, if the model is rightfully your's you can even send a cease and desist.

10:47
if one person created it and another bought it, what is its model ?
I will not send you anything , I answered you 15 minutes ago
And I think you Russian

10:48
I'm hungarian, but why does it matter?

10:48
perseverance and trying to prove something

10:49
what?
 
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back