Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,090 comments
Did you edit their pit # in CM? Suzuka is 44

Also edited original post with link, with the # of spots to put in CM. This was mostly for private use, so i lazily made all mine 60 lol.

Canberra 37 spots + rainfx enabled. Ai is kinda wonky at T1 and the chicanes with the protos and gt cars. Might be better with supercar boats :D

https://mega.nz/file/U8gWXT4R#6dgSptfo3VCMYR8RDLWpCZJBnaQV0gRTLRiwjeTazZw
Ahh fair enough, never thought of that. Would love to have that 60 pit one so I could do a Super Taikyu race or a similar grid for Silverstone or Donington to do Britcar ;)

Ferrari 250 SWB SEFAC Hotrod v0.71 - quick fix:

https://mega.nz/file/9NdUyB6K#UvmIKvw31tyb-2hzjgF3WPRWaeainDllzYolA-W3DRE

LOD setting corrected so it doesn't disappear. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I prefer your PC2 model vs the Forza model. The interior is much better too. I haven't had a chance to compare the driving thoroughly yet. would it be possible to add another skin modified from your Rosso Mugello 3 to match the 3rd photo here, please?
__custom_showroom_1612893600_cr.jpg
__custom_showroom_1612893555_cr.jpg
1961_Ferrari_250GTSWBSEFACHotRod3.jpg

Mazda Furai updated by Peugeot 905

download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2tubx9y3wfjk7r5/mazda_furai_Tweaked.7z

original model: unknown
original mod: backfisch2000
reworked by: Pand3rBear,Peugeot905

v1.2 update
- Reworked ai.ini (Inaccurate, noncompetitive AI shifting pattern)
- Reworked power.lut (Car produced too much power)
- Reworked engine.ini
- Changes to car.ini
- Reworked powertrain.ini
- Reworked ratios
- updated UI

View attachment 989941 View attachment 989942 View attachment 989946View attachment 989947 View attachment 989948View attachment 989949
Thanks for the MOD, may I ask why I can't turn on the lights in CM?
I tried to change the following to 0 in ext_config.ini but did not work.

[DATA]
DISABLE_LIGHTSINI=1

Is this Mod supposed to be a child to the original mazda_furai? Thanks.

This may be of interest here. @Jordan has had an interview with Kunos' Marco Massarutto

https://www.gtplanet.net/assetto-co...lusive-interview-with-kunos-marco-massarutto/

Of course, “modding” has a darker side as well, which Marco touched on. “The only thing I don’t like at all is when I see content from other games refitted into Assetto Corsa. I think it is just unfair. It doesn’t add anything to the experience, […] and they are not adding any additional value to themselves or the game.”

so basically 95% of this thread ;)

You have to consider that they can't publicly say that they accept the fact that many mods are based on ripped models.
Any future project they will make will probably still allow that kind of mods to be made. A 3d model, ripped or scratch made can be exactly the same if you know how to map, edit the topo, edit the normals and so on.
If someone knows what he's doing there is no difference and so no way for them to control every single mod published.
They are game developers, of course they can't support such thing publicly but Modding is one of the main factors of this game still selling copies and I'm sure they know that.

If Kunos had their wits about them, they could probably go right on selling DLC that most of us would be happy to add to our collection. I know I would.

You have to consider that they can't publicly say that they accept the fact that many mods are based on ripped models.
Any future project they will make will probably still allow that kind of mods to be made. A 3d model, ripped or scratch made can be exactly the same if you know how to map, edit the topo, edit the normals and so on.
If someone knows what he's doing there is no difference and so no way for them to control every single mod published.
They are game developers, of course they can't support such thing publicly but Modding is one of the main factors of this game still selling copies and I'm sure they know that.

exactly, AC is still selling and its a good cash flow with zero work. He publicly say he hates it, but deep inside, i'm sure he know it is why its still generating revenue. It doesn't look good on his behalf knowing that his title is driven by content ripped off his competition.

AC itself is piggybacking on modders and other titles at this point. But we are also way past the point of no return. The fact is that AC content library will continue to grow until a true replacement appears.

Last edited:
It's been years since I read that, in order to swap an engine from another car, you have to use these files: Drivetrain, engine, power, sounds.

Mate, you're a machine. I wouldn't even dare asking how many simultaneous projects you have in course.
You may also need to edit the "Patient" car's car.ini and suspensions.ini files to adjust the weight and load-distribution of the chassis with the new "Donor" engine fitted to more accurately represent the drive feel.

It opens with 7z. If I just try to open it with Windows 10 (has Zip "built-in") it reports there's a problem with the Zip file.

This is another track mod that could use some lighting--lots of fixtures all around the track.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1430#post-13173001

Lippo Street Circuit
preview.png

I did some, before I knew how to do it properly.... still slowly working on it, but i might just rebuild the track instead of updating this...

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lippo-village-lights-and-more.35964/

edit: actually i did some small updates, just never uploaded them:

Attachments

• lippo.zip
    139.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
exactly, AC is still selling and its a good cash flow with zero work. He publicly say he hates it, but deep inside, i'm sure he know it is why its still generating revenue. It doesn't look good on his behalf knowing that his title is driven by content ripped off his competition.

AC itself is piggybacking on modders and other titles at this point. But we are also way past the point of no return. The fact is that AC content library will continue to grow until a true replacement appears.

Indeed, saying he hates ripped content in AC (which accounts for 90-95%) of it) simultaneously allowing it to thrive is quite funny.
They have and always have had the means to stop it dead.... so I think his heart says he hates it...but his head is quite happy...

I mean he must keep an keen eye on it all to have that opinion, so i'd love to ask him what he thinks of people ripping kunos's own content from ACC..

Quite bizzare really the whole thing..

I do agree with a previous poster saying they should release some paid DLC as some celebration, i'd happily pay for that..

Always thought it would be fantastic for them to release some more DLC given the fact it makes them so much money as it does to this day, a small car pack or a new track or two. Wouldn't break the game with any update just something that would be like adding new car/track mods. Especially if it was something historic anyway I would buy same day :)

Last edited:
@Mitch09

Your lights for Lippo are a great start, and the buildings look really good.

However, there seems to be some kind of issue with how the street lights project light onto most of the surfaces of the track. I had to turn up the values for the lights, pit, and tents so I could see their projected light (though the fixtures "glowed" properly). When I did so, the street lights created pools of light on the walls, grass, and track surface, but the kurbs were blinding, as well as the signs. You can see in the video how the car's headlights will light up the signs and kerbs as well, but don't even illuminate the track surface, grass, and walls. ...so I think it's some kind of setting for those parts of the track. Also, along with the kerbs and corner signs, notice that the pit wall is blindingly bright, and the interior of the car is bright as it passes a street light.

Attached is the config file where I adjusted the values to increase the lights. However, if other things are adjusted, then these will probably have to be turned back down. Maybe it's an "easy" general fix or adjustment.

Note that this video shows my light adjustments that are in the attached config file.

Attachments

• ext_config.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited by a moderator:
I would recommend to keep away from that particular subject in this thread, it is not going to bring anything good.:)
... and there is a dedicated thread for it, already linked.
Surprised a whole bunch of posts haven't been deleted TBH, especially in the current climate.

Always thought it would be fantastic for them to release some more DLC given the fact it makes them so much money as it does to this day, a small car pack or a new track or two. Wouldn't break the game with any update just something that would be like adding new car/track mods. Especially if it was something historic anyway I would buy same day :)

Kunos is a pretty small developer and I'm positive that they've configured most of their development studio to work on Unreal Engine/new game and Comptitzione. It wouldn't make much sense to get everyone to stop doing what they're doing and focus on an old project now.

I think the only hope we really have of any "official" content coming to the game in the future is automakers who take it upon themselves to make their own car for the game like KTM or Dallara. I'm really hoping we see a KTM GT2 car in the future but it's probably unlikely.

Not sure if this one had a RainFX before
Circuit de Pau 2017
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/circuit-de-pau-2017.15615/

pau_2017_rainfx track bg.jpg

Requires: Rain FX: Patreon details https://www.patreon.com/x4fab

This track does have a config file - Add this on the end of the; YourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\pau_2017.ini
or, if you want it self-contained - Add this on the end of the; YourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\pau_2017\extension\ext_config.ini

Installation Help
If you want to move/copy the track config from the loaded tracks folder you can;
1. Create and extension folder (all lowercase) in the track folder
2. Place or create an ext_config.ini file using Notepad or similar text editor
3. To create a save as *.ini file you need to switch the files from *.txt to *.* all files
4. Copy the rain FX text for your track and paste at the end of the existing or newly created ext_config.ini
5. Sometimes there will be other KN5 files that need to be in the extension folder for track lights etc.
6. Copy these from the yourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded folder and paste in the tracks extesion folder
7. To stop AC from getting confused. You can add the following to the beginning of the ext_config.ini file for each track;
Please Note: from time to time, configs in the tracks/loaded folder get updated so you may prefer to just have the rainfx as an ext_config in the track extension folder if you are not worried about a self-contained track or don't remember to check the track config on a regular basis
[BASIC]
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1

Attachments

• pau_2017_rainfx.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Kunos is a pretty small developer and I'm positive that they've configured most of their development studio to work on Unreal Engine/new game and Comptitzione. It wouldn't make much sense to get everyone to stop doing what they're doing and focus on an old project now.

I think the only hope we really have of any "official" content coming to the game in the future is automakers who take it upon themselves to make their own car for the game like KTM or Dallara. I'm really hoping we see a KTM GT2 car in the future but it's probably unlikely.
Speaking of KTM, there was another official car that was developed by the same team as the X-Bow GT4; but unfortunately was only distributed to people who participated in the X-Bow Battle Online virtual championship; unlike the X-Bow Battle mod on RaceDepartment, the one used in the league actually had model differences from the base kunos car, most notably a proper racing style rear wing.

If Kunos had their wits about them, they could probably go right on selling DLC that most of us would be happy to add to our collection. I know I would.

A friend said the other that they're only interested in parties. And now that interview saying they're getting richer everyday. Which makes me think that they will likely continue to party than to make more content for a game from 2014. It's sad. I would definitely buy more content too!

Makes sense yeah, what with the latest incoming UK track pack for ACC wouldn't make sense to divert resources/time to retrain or revive unpracticed skills on the old editor, just to make any content for a previous game engine that is already making them money without them touching it. I don't own ACC but appreciate the time/effort they put into the tracks in that game, I can see its a lot of effort & detail going into the creation process. But always fascinates me just ironic how official development ends, but there is now more life in original AC than ever was. :)

Last edited:
Noob question - anyone know how to make the endurance lights brighter through the .ini file ? I understand they aren’t headlights, but they are barely visible on the RSS Bayro GT.

Cheers.

It makes no financial sense as a company to invest into new DLC for a title is still generating revenue and have a huge community generating free content at breakneck speed. I would want to see manufacturer taking licensing back into their own hands and releases more of these "official" mods.

hey guys, just a question regarding turbo sounds.

I have successfully transferred the sounds and physics from one car to another car. The only problem is that the car I transferred sounds/physics to is missing the turbo whine. All the files are there, so I can't think of anything that would prevent the turbo from being heard, unless there is a dummy mesh that controls this? Any ideas or solutions would be appreciated. :cheers:

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back