Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
Ferrari 250 GT SWB 'SEFAC Hotrod' - v0.7

View attachment 990494

One of the greatest sports cars in history, tragically missing from AC for far too long. After waiting for years, I decided to try and do it myself, a week later here is my first mod.

https://mega.nz/file/EUt22a5A#uadzvn2A81LiMrhvsRY5DftgTjvT6bEx9X2fqI4Gxfc

It is not perfect - see outstanding issues file - and I will keep working to have v1.0 ready asap. I felt however, the car is now in a place where people will still enjoy it. Take it around Goodwood at full chat.

There is no encryption, I just want the car to be as good as possible, so if you can improve it please don't hesitate; or message me to work together on it.

Special thanks to everyone on the FileMissing discord for their help, testing and initial feedback.

Edit: Collider issues & LOD A settings have been brought to my attention. I'll aim to fix for v0.8 asap.

It looks beautiful! thanks very much! I can't wait to drive it, and Goodwood is my test track of choice (see my avatar!)

Here's a real SWB being driven on the limit in a race at Goodwood. Lap time 1m32.xx

https://www.goodwood.com/grr/event-...rgeous-ferrari-250-swb-thrown-round-goodwood/

Last edited:
There's an issue with the lighting of the dials--only the left one illuminates when the lights are turned on.
I think that's one of the many things that were fixed in the Sally version. Can't remember only one of the dials lighting up in her version - something like that would be really noticeable in VR.

Is there a Gran Turismo race start countdown sound mod for AC, or something similar? :confused:
I searched here, google and RD, but did not find anyting.

Bad news is, AC doesn't have a countdown sound, but it would have been a good idea to include it if people managed to do it.

Here's a data.acd with Velo's physics for Sally's version of the 904 if anyone wants to try. It has to be her version as the lods.ini refers to the kn5 and it has a different name in the Velo and original Mac Ten versions.

EDIT: updated data.acd two posts down

Attachments

• data.zip
    36.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Here's a data.acd with Velo's physics for Sally's version of the 904 if anyone wants to try. It has to be her version as the lods.ini refers to the kn5 and it has a different name in the Velo and original Mac Ten versions.
Looks like this overwrites the better flames and rear lights from Sally's version, maybe some other stuff too.
Any chance you can just isolate the physics/drivetrain stuff?

Personally I think C8.R is pretty boring sounding car. Yes its got a flat-plane crank DOHC V8 but because its displacement(5.5 liter) its BOP to be rev limited to 7300rpm. So its not exactly a screamer like the old NA V8 in Ferraris or something. And its missing the classic small block GM pushrod V8 style of thumping noise(For reference, the 5.5 Liter pushrod V8 in the DPi Cadillacs rev to 7600rpm). The road going car(the Z06 or whatever it'll be called) will probably make more power and rev higher.

Bee-like buzzzzz....

Corvair Restomod mod?

I'm going to ask Uncle M and Eric Wispelwey if they'd consider making a mod of this... or if there's someone else that's interested? The stock Corvair wasn't the best car as it was too rear-heavy and unreliable. But with some modification, they can be quite impressive. I prefer the first version as it's an LS-Swap with other Corvette parts, it looks nice, and it has more leg room--the one I'd build IRL. The second is cool, but it's a little more "janky" in it's build.

Looks like this overwrites the better flames and rear lights from Sally's version, maybe some other stuff too.
Any chance you can just isolate the physics/drivetrain stuff?

Sure, try this one. I am not able to drive right now so if this one still has problems let me know.

Attachments

• data.zip
    36.7 KB · Views: 24
Sure, try this one. I am not able to drive right now so if this one still has problems let me know.
Looks like this still overwrites driver3d.ini so the shift timing and driver suits don't work, probably got a different driver name?
driver3d.ini can probably stay as per Sallys?

There's now a version of the Beck 904 on Velos site, with an updated tune by him. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, so I can't comment on how it drives:

https://velosmodsworkshop.com.mx/porsche.html

-----------------

Porsche 904 (Beck Version)

by Mac Ten

A fellow modder, Mac Ten, recently released a Porsche 904 (Beck version) to a lot of criticism regarding the physics and other minor issues.

In my wisdom i have made some changes to the car (to Mac Ten's knowledge).

As always please advise of any issues.

CHANGES:
Changed some suspension data.
Changed aero data.
Changed and added flames and repositioned.
Changed flame presets.
Changed front tyre data.
Updated sound.ini
Renamed car file.
Added Disc dummies and added new data to brake.ini to enable disc glow.
Subtracted drive train power loss to power.lut.

Changed inerior glass shaders to ksWindscreen

Changed car file name and sfx details.

Link to Car:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dd7xf54rxo3lhpx/porsche_904.7z/file
Good that you linked the car, because on Velo's site it's gone now.
Going to try it, also going to check the @TimLotus data, because the 'Sally' version doesn't feel right to me.

Good that you linked the car, because on Velo's site it's gone now.
Going to try it, also going to check the @TimLotus data, because the 'Sally' version doesn't feel right to me.
There was no mention of a physics update in the Sally notes so I guess those were left untouched from the original? Not sure.
It's also worth copying a chrome preset from a Kunos car and applying it to the wing mirror cowls and exhaust pipes. Those were left flat grey on the original car (and the Sally update).
The original car is a lovely choice but was oddly unfinished in a lot of areas.

Last edited:

View attachment 990494

One of the greatest sports cars in history, tragically missing from AC for far too long. After waiting for years, I decided to try and do it myself, a week later here is my first mod.

It is not perfect - see outstanding issues file - and I will keep working to have v1.0 ready asap. I felt however, the car is now in a place where people will still enjoy it. Take it around Goodwood at full chat.

There is no encryption, I just want the car to be as good as possible, so if you can improve it please don't hesitate; or message me to work together on it.

Special thanks to everyone on the FileMissing discord for their help, testing and initial feedback.

Edit: Collider issues & LOD A settings have been brought to my attention. I'll aim to fix for v0.8 asap.
try to map and apply AO to the interior as next step. Would make the car better

I'm using WinZip and the file can't be opened (WinZip says it's probably damaged).
Same with the previous data.zip.
Does it work for others ?

It opens with 7z. If I just try to open it with Windows 10 (has Zip "built-in") it reports there's a problem with the Zip file.

This is another track mod that could use some lighting--lots of fixtures all around the track.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1430#post-13173001

Lippo Street Circuit
preview.png

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 990494

I find it very interesting and enjoyable to drive. I can feel the softness of the suspension dictate the attitude of the car, but the weight shifts in a controllable fashion. And the ffb has a really nice weight to it. If it stayed like this, over the course of development, I'd be content! Nice job so far, imo!

Thanks, that worked. Don't know what's wrong with the file / WinZip combo. Never have issues with it before.
It's actually a rar file renamed as zip to upload here. Could you try changing the file to .rar and seeing if the problem goes away? It certainly works with Winrar

@kondor999 @Real Toonces

Genuine question, would either of you spring a car such as the 904 to 3.7hz !?
Even using the lowest settings available it is still around 3.2hz.

Perhaps someone with more tact and diplomacy than myself could have a chat to Mac Ten?

In a fit of US vs THEM* it looks like he is going to take his ball and go home.

*a false dichotomy.

I'm sorry if Mac Ten is going away and taking his ball with him. I've liked almost everything he's ever done and I've been unstinting in my praise for his work. Nobody's perfect, at least not 100% of the time. Maybe he could use the criticism of the Beck 904 to bring the mod up to his usual standard.

I'm sorry if Mac Ten is going away and taking his ball with him. I've liked almost everything he's ever done and I've been unstinting in my praise for his work. Nobody's perfect, at least not 100% of the time. Maybe he could use the criticism of the Beck 904 to bring the mod up to his usual standard.

To criticism for the 904 mod's original physics, I read one of his replies that "I watched a lot of videos to develop the physics for it." While videos can be used as a reference, they can't be relied upon too much. The driver and his style of driving, the car setup, and even the camera used and how it's mounted can affect how a car appears to perform. And remember the Beck 904 is a replica, and it can be spec'd or built different ways. Many owners say the handling is astounding.

I recently advised another modder that his steering ratio was way off for his just-released mod. He replied that he had watched a video and sent me a link to watch. In the video, the driver was intentionally completely pushing the car into understeer at every corner by turning the front wheels where they broke grip and "ploughed" every turn. Therefore his steering was wildly over-exaggerated. I replied back to the modder what was going on, and fortunately, he understood. In the end, it was a pretty good and "realistic" mod.

It's great when someone accepts constructive criticism. Everyone wins, including the modder.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was no mention of a physics update in the Sally notes so I guess those were left untouched from the original? Not sure.
It's also worth copying a chrome preset from a Kunos car and applying it to the wing mirror cowls and exhaust pipes. Those were left flat grey on the original car (and the Sally update).
The original car is a lovely choice but was oddly unfinished in a lot of areas.
@TimLotus data file made the car better imo.
About the looks: I may need some more info/guidelines about the chrome preset... :sly:
Why is it that the skins of the car (some skins it's not that visible, but still present) look like this ?

skin.png

About the looks: I may need some more info/guidelines about the chrome preset... :sly:
Why is it that the skins of the car (some skins it's not that visible, but still present) look like this ?

View attachment 990539

Looks like the paint colour has been applied to a template with AO on it? Not sure. I've seen it on a few cars. Maybe using a flat DDS and not a multilayered PSD (with AO on a separate layer) to create the skins?

Sorry didn't realise the driver models were different! Try again!
Thanks!

Last edited:

View attachment 990539

The exhausts do look better with a Kunos preset, but when I was changing the mirror material the showroom I was using went dark (bottom shot). all other showrooms are fine. does anyone have any idea how to get it back properly lit or know what might have happened? In a German forest:
__custom_showroom_1612888476_cr.jpg

In Bethnal Green:
__custom_showroom_1612888900.jpg

Bethnal Green is supposed to look like this, and did with the 908 until I started messing with the materials:
__custom_showroom_1601933356.jpg

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back