Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,788 comments
Two taped headlights files for the SEFAC 250GT. Just rename them to fer_250gtswb_lightglass_diff.dds and place in the skin folder of your choice.
View attachment 990678

Great addition! However, I've attempted to add these to a skin, followed directions, but it's not appearing on the car.
Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet and did something wrong.

I also "repacked" the zip file (attached) and added a README so it's easier to understand how to add the tape--but maybe I got it wrong.
Use it if you want, and make corrections if needed.

upload_2021-2-10_8-0-46.png

Attachments

• Ferrari 250 GT SWB Taped Headlights.zip
    51.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Some interesting information (calculated predictions) about the 2022 BRZ that fixes its' torque problem, and he certainly has some opinions about lighter cars and adding turbo (which isn't being added to the BRZ). Maybe a mod-physics-master could apply this to a new BRZ for AC. These changes should make the BRZ more fun to drive. The current BRZ mods haven't ever done much for me.

Hi All - Happy Wednesday:)

I've just updated the 2021 F1 Championship for AC with the latest schedule addition (I'm sure its subject to further change :confused:)
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rss-fh-2020-f1-2021-upcoming-season-‘custom-championship’.38540/
All files can be found here also: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10tc_2aiECslMCj7vBC51K6hOjHdM43fC?usp=sharing
Single (6GB) F1_2021_tracks.rar file here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OowvVEJmavIHA-8EVc3NfcHrUy0NFqU_?usp=sharing
2021 F1 (RSSFH) Championship.champ.jpg 04_portugal_gp21.jpg

Hope you enjoy it and any constructive comments gratefully received

If you spot any errors, please let me know - Thanks

Stay safe and healthy.

#KeepOnRacing #WeRaceAsOne #ACMods #Simracing

Cozy61

Last edited:
Actually it's pretty much factual, from real world driver driver feedback, that sims make the idea of driving racing much much harder than it should be...

The main entry to racing cars at any level is...money...not skill, not talent.....money.....

I don't think you can safely say no one on this forum could keep heat into the tyres of an Alfa tipo 33 with any real weight behind that statement...

When I for example judge a mod cars physics, or any sim car, some just don't feel like driving a car. It's not about the difficulty its about the simple fact that a car, any car, should feel like driving a car...

I think this is where people are going with this 904.

The fact that some in the sim world jump to the "maybe it's beyond you" doesn't help in the long run, same reason it took rfactor2 years and years to realise they had the tyre model totally wrong regards grip....

And why during the lockdown sim races with real race drivers the main points of contention in many of the sims used was unrealistic lack of grip.

Jenson Button famously said of rfactor2 that it was far harder than real life!

For that matter, Dave Kaemmer (he of "Indy 500," "GPL" and "iRacing") finally admitted--after he'd driven one--that his Lotus 49 was a lot harder to drive than the real thing.

__custom_showroom_1612973109_cr.jpg
Great addition! However, I've attempted to add these to a skin, followed directions, but it's not appearing on the car.
Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet and did something wrong.

I also "repacked" the zip file (attached) and added a README so it's easier to understand how to add the tape--but maybe I got it wrong.
Use it if you want, and make corrections if needed.
Thanks for that! That works, though I've decided to zip up three complete skins (including @StoffelWaffle's) because I've improved the tape (same width on fog lights and headlights), added X taping to Mike Parkes' No 6, and edited the UI's and previews.

Attachments

• skins.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Version 1.0 - Released 2021.02.10
BMW M3 E92 GT4 (2012)
CSP v0.1.72 or above required

CREDITS
• AssettoGarage for the base mod
• RealAKP for testing and support

FEATURING

• scratch made physics (as ever)
• aero maps
• new suspensions geometry and setup
• brakes thermodynamics (proudly self-developed model)
• 3D model reworked and optimized

CHANGELOG v1.0

Physics
• corrected car total mass
• revised car polar inertia
• corrected steer lock and ratio
• corrected fuel tank position

Aerodynamics
• implemented CSP aero maps
• new aero
• added rear wing for further influence on car aero

Powertrain
• implemented CSP fuel consumption
• new engine torque figure
• corrected engine braking torque
• corrected idle throttle percentage
• adjusted engine idle RPMs
• corrected gear ratios
• revised gearbox setup
• tweaked throttle maps
• tweaked differential

Suspensions, brakes and tyres
• implemented CSP brakes thermodynamics
• implemented CSP tyres ray-tracing
• new suspensions geometry and setup
• added brake ducts aero influence
• corrected dampers velocity threshold
• corrected bumpstops position
• corrected packer range
• revised brakes config
• corrected rear tyres radius

Visual
• implemented CSP PBR carpaint
• implemented CSP interiors materials
• added dirt on windscreen
• reworked shaders
• added chrome and emblem materials
• added various normal textures
• corrected mirror texture
• corrected tyres and brakes discs dimensions
• revised visual damage
• revised headlights color

Other changes
• tweaked ABS and TC
• adjusted collider position
• sounds volume on par with Kunos
• tweaked audio volume and pitch
• reworked digital instruments
• adjusted AI gear shifts logic
• revised setup options
• generated kn5 LoDs files
• updated ambient shadows
• updated CM previews

DOWNLOAD

Unfortunately, this is one I'll have to wait to try out if CSP 7.2 or higher is required. CSP 7.2 is causing problems with several tracks, as a lot of surfaces on several mods are missing, or not rendering properly. With 7.1, which doesn't have any obvious problems with any track mods, that I've been using for a couple of months, this car mod results in a "Race Cancelled" screen.

Also, why is this car set up as a sequential? The information and videos I found show that the car is a manual, h-pattern.

For night driving, nothing lights up in the interior, including the Motec display.

I should have mentioned it in the post, but i did left a warning inside the config:
View attachment 990670

I don´t know exactly how he toned down the colors, but he made the track unusable under the lights.

Either way, those not-so-nuclear kerbs should have been sorted in the zip i left in the other post, but maybe i just missed them. The one issue i still have is the stripe in the pit lane is missing; don´t know if thats because of the rain tag or what, might check it later.

here´s a couple of pics to show you what it looks like on my end; I made sure to use the files i posted earlier:

View attachment 990668 View attachment 990669

edit - you missed my username by a "0" :lol:

Yes, using the correct track mod produces excellent results with your config and files. I found that I can use the vao patch (attached below) from the other mod, as this version doesn't include it.

Problem with the track mod--There's a missing or transparent strip in the pit area. It's not a hole that the car can fall through, but just a visual problem. This is if using 0.1.71 or 72.

Not sure how your username was screwed up as I selected it from the popup to select it.

For everyone else, here's the download page for the correct version of the mod that works with this light config. Place the attached VAO file into the folder. It's a fun track to learn, and the lighting adds another experience to driving it.

Lippo Village Circuit for Assetto Corsa

Find the light config here, in this previous post.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2222#post-13348389

Attachments

• lippo_circuit vao patch.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 40
View attachment 990719
Thanks for that! That works, though I've decided to zip up three complete skins (including @StoffelWaffle's) because I've improved the tape (same width on fog lights and headlights), added X taping to Mike Parkes' No 6, and edited the UI's and previews.

I'm still not seeing the tape on the lights, both where I installed just the DDS files, and on the skins you just provided. I don't see them in the showroom, and while I see the tape in the previews you generated, if I re-generate them, they aren't there. Using CSP 0.1.71.

RainFX Request for Pukekohe Park 2013
Track: http://assettomods.com/pukekohe-park-2013/
Track Skins: https://www.racedepartment.com/down...rk-2019-ed.28979/#lg=attachment327239&slide=0
pukekohe_park2013_rainfx track bg.jpg

Requires: Rain FX: Patreon details https://www.patreon.com/x4fab

INSTALLATION
This track does have a config file - Add this on the end of the; YourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\pukekohe_park2013.ini
or, if you want it self-contained - Add this on the end of the; YourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\pukekohe_park2013\extension\ext_config.ini

Installation Help
If you want to move/copy the track config from the loaded tracks folder you can;
1. Create and extension folder (all lowercase) in the track folder
2. Place or create an ext_config.ini file using Notepad or similar text editor
3. To create a save as *.ini file you need to switch the files from *.txt to *.* all files
4. Copy the rain FX text for your track and paste at the end of the existing or newly created ext_config.ini
5. Sometimes there will be other KN5 files that need to be in the extension folder for track lights etc.
6. Copy these from the yourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded folder and paste in the tracks extesion folder
7. To stop AC from getting confused. You can add the following to the beginning of the ext_config.ini file for each track;
Please Note: from time to time, configs in the tracks/loaded folder get updated so you may prefer to just have the rainfx as an ext_config in the track extension folder if you are not worried about a self-contained track or don't remember to check the track config on a regular basis
[BASIC]
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1

Attachments

• pukekohe_park2013_rainfx.txt
    967 bytes · Views: 39
Unfortunately, this is one I'll have to wait to try out if CSP 7.2 or higher is required. CSP 7.2 is causing problems with several tracks, as a lot of surfaces on several mods are missing, or not rendering properly. With 7.1, which doesn't have any obvious problems with any track mods, that I've been using for a couple of months, this car mod results in a "Race Cancelled" screen.

Also, why is this car set up as a sequential? The information and videos I found show that the car is a manual, h-pattern.

Yes, 0.1.71 doesn't work with this car, because CSP fuel consumption was broken.
Sequential gearbox is an existing option for the M3 GT4. So I just preferred it.

Yes, 0.1.71 doesn't work with this car, because CSP fuel consumption was broken.
Sequential gearbox is an existing option for the M3 GT4. So I just preferred it.

I would suggest providing a manual option somehow. If not another version of the car (which adds more to the download and takes up users' disk space), maybe instructions and alternate data files with h-pattern turned on, and auto-clutch turned off. I appreciate newer cars with paddles, but I can control older cars better with h-pattern heel-toe clutch-shifting, and I enjoy it when it's suitable for a car.

Be sure to address the interior lighting issues, as the interior goes completely black at night, even when the headlights are turned on.

This is an edited data.acd file with the shifting changed in the drivetrain file. For manual shifting, the mod would also need an optional manual shifting animation.

Attachments

• accr_bmw_m3_e92_gt4_manual-shift_data.acd.zip
    44.4 KB · Views: 18
I would suggest providing a manual option somehow. If not another version of the car (which adds more to the download and takes up users' disk space), maybe instructions and alternate data files with h-pattern turned on, and auto-clutch turned off. I appreciate newer cars with paddles, but I can control older cars better with h-pattern heel-toe clutch-shifting, and I enjoy it when it's suitable for a car.

Be sure to address the interior lighting issues, as the interior goes completely black at night, even when the headlights are turned on.

Oh, didn't noticed that problem on night. Thanks. I have to find out if is CSP related since interior are with PBR materials..

Installed but none of the skins shows taped lights, though the fer_250gtswb_lightglass_diff.dds is present in the skin folders ?
That’s odd, and you’re right. They work perfectly in CM Showroom but I’ve just tried in the AC showroom and they don’t show, so I assume they won’t show on track. But this must be reasonably easy to sort with the help of someone who understands these things, The light glass is part of the .kn5 so I don’t know if that is the problem.

That’s odd, and you’re right. They work perfectly in CM Showroom but I’ve just tried in the AC showroom and they don’t show, so I assume they won’t show on track. But this must be reasonably easy to sort with the help of someone who understands these things, The light glass is part of the .kn5 so I don’t know if that is the problem.
That's even more odd. I tested them in CM showroom...

Edit: and now in AC showroom: no tapes.

Edit2: with the last (taped) skins, the car makes the game crash. The other skins trigger no issues.

Last edited:
That's even more odd. I tested them in CM showroom...

Edit: and now in AC showroom: no tapes.

Edit2: with the last (taped) skins, the car makes the game crash. The other skins trigger no issues.
Odder and odder! I just went on track with Rosso Mugello and the taped lights do show in the replay!

I zipped them using winrar - maybe that’s the problem. I will rar them and just change the file extension - after a bit more testing

EDIT definitely all good here!
Screenshot 2021-02-10 18.18.23_cr.jpg

Screenshot 2021-02-10 18.25.18_cr.jpg

Try this. it's a rar file so change the extension to .rar

If that doesn't work I'm stumped for the moment.

Attachments

• skins.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Odder and odder! I just went on track with Rosso Mugello and the taped lights do show in the replay!

I zipped them using winrar - maybe that’s the problem. I will rar them and just change the file extension - after a bit more testing

EDIT definitely all good here!View attachment 990783

View attachment 990785

EDIT definitely all good here!View attachment 990783

View attachment 990785

Try this. it's a rar file so change the extension to .rar

If that doesn't work I'm stumped for the moment.

This is a weird one
Your render...
upload_2021-2-10_12-45-54.png

My showroom
upload_2021-2-10_12-44-56.png

...but they're visible in-game.
Screenshot_bfl_ferrari_250_gt_swb_sefac_lippo_circuit_10-1-121-12-51-18.jpg

FYI, British DLC released today for Assetto Corsa Competitzione

Includes
  • Donington Park Circuit
  • Oulton Park Circuit
  • Snetterton Circuit
  • New liveries
Also, mixed class racing added with an update to ACC.

https://www.gtplanet.net/acc-british-gt-pack-dlc-20210204/

GamerMuscle is steaming a live video at the moment. He's noticed improvement in the grass and trees.
I wonder if Kunos has improved things in ACC after what seeing what has been done with AC.

Last edited:
FYI, British DLC released today for Assetto Corsa Competitzione

Includes
  • Donington Park Circuit
  • Oulton Park Circuit
  • Snetterton Circuit
  • New liveries

https://www.gtplanet.net/acc-british-gt-pack-dlc-20210204/

GamerMuscle is steaming a live video at the moment. He's noticed improvement in the grass and trees.
I wonder if Kunos has improved things in ACC after what seeing what has been done with AC.

I hope, maybe sometimes Reboot Team convert those top quality versions of British tracks... :)

Hi, i'm searching the track "Tripoli" for the 1937 season grand prix.
I've found sound links in the search of this forum ... but links are down.

Somebody has a valid link ?

Tripoli / Mellaha Lake

Updated Link, Note I have no idea what version this is, I stopped bothering to update newer versions of tracks here sometime ago. I think its the RockFX one, not on my rig pc to test.

If other track links have dissapeared let me know guys, google and I got into a tiff about a hacker that nicker $900 on playstore and they would address the issue so i terminated my payment methods, and the google drive subscription expired, not bothered to see which files I lost.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back