Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,979 comments
Does anyone know why Content Manager doesn't always list newly installed cars or tracks as "new"? I have just installed the new Sachsenring track form RD but it isn't marked as a new track. I have never installed any previous version of Sachsenring either. This happens with about 20% of mods I install. Sorting by new is a useful way of keeping track of things.

Last edited:
Sorry, a bit of confusion on my part. But your help is very much appreciated, and hopefully we can collaborate on more tracks in the future :)

Man no problem at all, even if you didn't have credited me, everything i'm doing is doing for passion and on my free time. For sure, whenever a track that i found interesting is released i'll put my hands on if it's not already perfect for my taste :)

did U ever send it to me? U know how my memory can be :-) looks like the most recent one I have is one @Teddie did, if I had gotten another from U I would have put ur name on it I think, so send it to me when ur ready, I'll do it after I'm done with Macau (which should be sometime this week, made some decent progress on the AI hints so far. Just not enough time to do it like I used to have. Will be a little while B4 things get back to norbal (and I meant norbal, see Mad Magazine December 1968, Pages 24 and 25, bottom right, Ha!) View attachment 1003961
Japp, Jun 20, 2020 :)
Page 6 ;)
Unfortunately with wetransfer, so not available anymore after 7 days.
But I forgot it too, as so many other things went in... :lol:

Does anyone know why Content Manager doesn't always list newly installed cars or tracks as "new"? I have just installed the new Sachsenring track form RD but it isn't marked as a new track. I have never installed any previous version of Sachsenring either. This happens with about 20% of mods I install. Sorting by new is a useful way of keeping track of things.

Have you changed this option? Check if it is set to 'Disabled'. If it is, we don't have that feature working.
bqf6.png

Yeah its enabled because I use "New" as a filter under Content to list newly installed tracks and cars, but some new mods do not appear here after being installed.

newCM.PNG

Last edited:
So, i have a question for the map modders here, i found this version of fujimi Kaido, but it only has 12 pit spots, and i wanted to use it for my 32 player server, is there anyone that can, or would like to edit the track in order for this?

Maybe also make it more Assetto physics friendly with some bumps being a bit extreme :bowdown:

Here is the link of the version i found: https://sharemods.com/9koyaypv1lmt/ddm_fujimi_kaido.rar.html

CIRCUITO DE ALBACETE

Version 1.2 aka the 'Brazilian' version.

Updates: Trimmed some bush.

Fixed the error with the trees that @twobegreen noticed above.
Corrected the UI to give credit where appropriate.

It was a five-minute fix, so I figured I would get it out of the way.

This is my final update. Honest.

Link below. Enjoy :)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7m758ynw2fw9h9j/albacete.rar/file

Last edited:
Probably not super important to anyone here but if you don't want to wait, the pre-release Beta test build of the Audi R8 GT2 from Guerilla Mods is now available to their Patreon supporters.

Last edited:
CIRCUITO DE ALBACETE

Version 1.2 aka the 'Brazilian' version.

Updates: Trimmed some bush.

Fixed the error with the trees that @twobegreen noticed above.
Corrected the UI to give credit where appropriate.

It was a five-minute fix, so I figured I would get it out of the way.

This is my final update. Honest.

Link below. Enjoy :)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7m758ynw2fw9h9j/albacete.rar/file

Thank you dude and the other guys involved for bringing this track to AC, a great job indeed! :cheers:

View attachment 1004007

Hi, if anyone wants the upgraded Robin, download batmobile again from my signature below.....or

https://www.mediafire.com/file/cxjg131ijhmnjvs/Robin+Upgrade.rar/file
Add the 4 file in this archive to cars\batmobile\skins\Dynamic Duo

P.S. I'm not updating the Racedepartment link.

Hello,

If you ever update the mod again, would it be possible to change the mod's name please? Perhaps something like Batmobile66 ?
It overwrites another Batman's car. No big deal, but everytime there is an update, I have to make all the procedure to change a same name mod.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello,

If you ever update the mod again, would it be possible to change the mod's name please? Perhaps something like Batmobile66 ?
It overwrites another Batman's car. No big deal, but everytime there is an update, I have to make all the procedure to change a same name mod.

Thank you.
Hi, someone has asked this before but it breaks too much and you lose the turbine sounds forever. It is easier to rename the other one and replace the sounds with another car in CM. The other one is very basic and only creates one error. Sorry. I think batmobile is done now after the Robin update, I'm back on the F1 track skins for this season.

what is the correct shader for bump mapping, I am using ksperpixelNM but I can see any property that allows me to adjust the strength of the normal map (or am i meant to be using a bump map shader? ) Those hills got TOO rocky ;)

upload_2021-4-13_7-44-8.png

Last edited:
can anyone improve the lights in suzuka ?? with some spots on the tracks who they dont have lights and the finish line ??? i want to make a night race with f1

Curvelo - Update.

DOWNLOAD

- Fixed the bad UV-Mapping for track that was causing white grass
(it was the kerbs, manually moved uv map over it on the corners.)
- removed trees/tree shadows from texture so shadows no long baked into the track.
- tweaked grassfx so kinda mostly the sand is sand
- fixed the 1sand issue, merged the mesh and sandpits are part of terrain now
- fixed the broken RainFX config, copy-pasta issue..
- Skin by @Fall Guy using assets permisson of @VheEth

A better texture is being painted for this, so last fixes from me for a spell.

There was a really nasty shade of green in parts of the 8k (!) terrain map which made some grass look like it had been ripped from a butcher's window so I isolated it for desaturation, dropped the brightness slightly and upped the overall contrast of the whole terrain. Tried to bring out the redness in some of the soil too. A lot more tweaking could be done to the terrain map if someone has the time.
Another big issue was the adboards being incredibly blurry until you were right on top of them so I resaved them all as DXT5 ARGB 8 bpp with MIP maps generated. They're now a lot sharper from distance.

Easier to see in motion out on the track, but adboard before:

Screenshot_wdtspec_mazda_rx7_trcb_curvelo_12-4-121-21-58-56.jpg

Adboard with skin:

Screenshot_wdtspec_mazda_rx7_trcb_curvelo_12-4-121-22-19-23.jpg

Drop the 'skins' folder into the track folder and select the 'environment, adboards' skin. If you like it, great. If you don't like it, great.
:)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/d77ea5ji45l80ui/trcb_curvelo.7z/file

This track is a good example of how GrassFX combined with a detailed terrain map can give fantastic variation to the grass/soil/scrub/sand textures, if your video ram can cope OK with an 85MB texture, of course... :)

Last edited:
Hi, someone has asked this before but it breaks too much and you lose the turbine sounds forever. It is easier to rename the other one and replace the sounds with another car in CM. The other one is very basic and only creates one error. Sorry. I think batmobile is done now after the Robin update, I'm back on the F1 track skins for this season.

It was a legit ask, because the other mod is older (doesn't matter the quality in this case) and because, nowadays I never know when a mod is done.
Even when modders state that 'this is the final update'.

I will not bother you anymore, sorry.

Hi mate! I also use "new+" all the time, and it's working 100% fine.
The only thing I'd suggest is to check that you didn't throw said track folder (in CONTENT\TRACKS), and it had multiple sub-folders. Dumb check, I know, but it has happened to me before, so...

Last edited:
Last edited:
Maybe my good old conversion guide can help you: https://www.mediafire.com/file/xm58vco4u9b23ea/Conversion_package_for_rF_to_AC_projects.rar/file
You need to set keys for the objects to solve the wall problem and proper set AC cubes for the timing.
Thanks mate. Possibly I will try to learn some 3d modeling at some point, but to be honest my knowledge of it is nil. So I think it would be great if someone more experienced could help out. By the way, the last time I raced at Ascari, the lap times started working well. AI isn't really perfect, but it's not disastrous either. The main problem is that of the wall that does not have collisions at the exit of pits.

A few more small ideas. Change the icons that appear in Content Manager for each mod, in this case I did some F1. Gradually I am changing, but always keeping the original ...

Attachments

• badge.png
    badge.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 22
  • badge.png
    badge.png
    113.4 KB · Views: 23
  • badge.png
    badge.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 23
  • badge.png
    badge.png
    142.6 KB · Views: 22
  • badge.png
    badge.png
    128.2 KB · Views: 22
  • badge.png
    badge.png
    154.4 KB · Views: 21
There was a really nasty shade of green in parts of the 8k (!) terrain map which made some grass look like it had been ripped from a butcher's window so I isolated it for desaturation, dropped the brightness slightly and upped the overall contrast of the whole terrain. Tried to bring out the redness in some of the soil too. A lot more tweaking could be done to the terrain map if someone has the time.
Another big issue was the adboards being incredibly blurry until you were right on top of them so I resaved them all as DXT5 ARGB 8 bpp with MIP maps generated. They're now a lot sharper from distance.

Easier to see in motion out on the track, but adboard before:

View attachment 1004035

Adboard with skin:

View attachment 1004036

Drop the 'skins' folder into the track folder and select the 'environment, adboards' skin. If you like it, great. If you don't like it, great.
:)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/d77ea5ji45l80ui/trcb_curvelo.7z/file

This track is a good example of how GrassFX combined with a detailed terrain map can give fantastic variation to the grass/soil/scrub/sand textures, if your video ram can cope OK with an 85MB texture, of course... :)

Nice @Masscot! This reminded me, I reworked the ai several months ago for erl_christais, which also works for tcrb_curvelo. Here it is, if anyone's interested, repackaged with a new vao patch file:

https://mega.nz/file/64QEFDJR#D0oVdb8W7U9zuLRzCeY3Xy6frBf07rysCBMPu-J6i18

Back up your files before install, and remove all .bin and pitlane_with_grid.ai files from ai folder if present, for a clean install.

Curvelo - Update.

DOWNLOAD

- Fixed the bad UV-Mapping for track that was causing white grass
(it was the kerbs, manually moved uv map over it on the corners.)
- removed trees/tree shadows from texture so shadows no long baked into the track.
- tweaked grassfx so kinda mostly the sand is sand
- fixed the 1sand issue, merged the mesh and sandpits are part of terrain now
- fixed the broken RainFX config, copy-pasta issue..
- Skin by @Fall Guy using assets permisson of @VheEth

A better texture is being painted for this, so last fixes from me for a spell.

Could someone give us a new link for the Curvelo track, the old one doens't work anymore.
Thanks

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back